Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,927 members, 7,912,547 topics. Date: Tuesday, 06 August 2024 at 10:32 AM

Questions That Bug Believers In God - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Questions That Bug Believers In God (3818 Views)

Ese Walter Denounces Jesus, Says She No Longer Believes In God / Vision Of Heaven And Hell: Few Questions that need answers. / Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Questions That Bug Believers In God by ooman(m): 6:17pm On Oct 10, 2013
striktlymi:

That was not meant to be an excuse but the truth.

If God is only good then there should be no evil? Are you sure it works that way?

Similar to saying that if God is life then there should be no death. It does not follow.

What exactly do you call evil? And who or what determines what is evil?

you didnt make sense here, death will become the absence of god, so according to your logic, there is evil because god is absent...cool cool
Re: Questions That Bug Believers In God by Nobody: 6:45pm On Oct 10, 2013
ooman:

i think contrary to that...

Why am I not surprised?

ooman:
ok so empty space is something to you right? space is the region in which something exist, i couldnt have suggested what you claimed i did. I am saying its impossible for your god to come from anywhere uncreated.

Did Energy come from a created place?

If Energy cannot come from something created then you have your answer.

ooman:
but there is nothing to read...and if you think there is, point me to it...

Tired of repeating myself.

ooman:
and its supposed to be evidence for why god can create?

Tired of repeating myself.

ooman:
except by its own natural processes, like crumbling

No!!!

ooman:
story story, this sounds like am reading a story book in primary 1. Am I in pry 1 again Striky?

Probably!

ooman:
Just some questions, if conscious is exclusive to the brain, and if energy is consciousness
q1-why do people run mad?
q2-why do we forget things?
q3-why do we die when the brain dies but other organ are functional?
q4-why does brain defect cause personality disorder?

First of, I didn't say consciousness is exclusive to the brain.

Secondly, your questions are 'straws' because they have nothing to do with whether consciousness is from Energy or not.

ooman:
you have no argument for a conscious energy...

Because you say so?

ooman:
well, if what was created didnt have the capability of being turned, it couldnt be turned. In order words, if your god's works couldnt be corrupted, if they were perfect, then they can't be corrupted....hope you get that!

Hmmm...

No one said what was created can't be turned.

No one said God's work cannot be corrupted.

ooman:
allegations without proof...empty!!!

See above for proof. You make comments that are unrelated to my posts.

ooman:
It takes many billion of brain cells to achieve conscious, i refuse to take it on faith that energy can be conscious in itself.

But you are prepared to take it by faith that Energy is not conscious?

Anyways, no one is asking you to take it by faith.

There is no way consciousness can come about without a conscious agent.

Ask yourself this: can these billion brain cells achieve consciousness without Energy?

ooman:
And you have offered absolutely no proof as to how energy can be conscious.

I will do that as soon as you give me 'proof' that Energy is not conscious.

ooman:
Now, considering your logic that energy is conscious, and so man is conscious. We also know that everything living or not contains energy, therefore, if energy is conscious, then everything powered by energy (and that is everything) should also be conscious. But this isnt so, therefore, the only possible conclusion is that energy is not conscious, but specific cell connections bring consciousness. Energy is just a force, of four fundamental types.

Not quite!

A conscious agent with the ability to create can determine what it wants to give consciousness to or not.
Re: Questions That Bug Believers In God by Nobody: 6:50pm On Oct 10, 2013
ooman:

you didnt make sense here, death will become the absence of god, so according to your logic, there is evil because god is absent...cool cool

Yet another straw.
Re: Questions That Bug Believers In God by macof(m): 6:54pm On Oct 10, 2013
joel lala:

So the pagan supreme god gave instructions to other gods to be wicked sometimes to humans right? Does that make him a good, all loving god? I will suggest that u guys stop painting other people religion to be black in an indirect attempt to make yours righteous..if your belief is the best then prove it.
I've never said pagan supreme God is all loving. No pagan religion attributes ultimate purity, holiness and righteous to their supreme God or gods. God is the source of everything, good and evil. that's why it's important to keep a balance
Re: Questions That Bug Believers In God by Nobody: 6:56pm On Oct 10, 2013
ooman:

yep, defects in brain that lead to personality disorder is the proof you seek! tongue if man truly has a spirit, defects in the brain shouldnt lead to personality disorder tongue

Brain defect is your proof that souls do not exist?
Re: Questions That Bug Believers In God by FOLYKAZE(m): 6:58pm On Oct 10, 2013
Good job Ooman. Im really enjoying sidewatch...

Erm I think before this Energy consciousness can be finalise.....you guys should try to define consciousness, self-conscious and sub-conscious.

I think you guys are missing things up.
Re: Questions That Bug Believers In God by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:00pm On Oct 10, 2013
macof:
I've never said pagan supreme God is all loving. No pagan religion attributes ultimate purity, holiness and righteous to their supreme God or gods. God is the source of everything, good and evil. that's why it's important to keep a balance

He cant really understand you man.

Good job
Re: Questions That Bug Believers In God by Nobody: 8:46pm On Oct 10, 2013
ooman:

sorry but contrary to you, i dont worship them.. that makes the big difference here...

You do worship them thats why you believe everything the white atheist man says

2 Likes

Re: Questions That Bug Believers In God by macof(m): 10:19pm On Oct 10, 2013
joel lala:

ooman this is very true.

1 Like

Re: Questions That Bug Believers In God by Nobody: 10:35pm On Oct 10, 2013
joel lala:

Re: Questions That Bug Believers In God by Nobody: 10:40pm On Oct 10, 2013
joel lala:

"atheist",,,... I still can't understand the neccessity of that word cos gods have no proof. I personally think atheists are the normal people, so it religions that should only have names.....
Anyway, I am enjoying the debate and I am learning
Re: Questions That Bug Believers In God by nnofaith: 6:57am On Oct 11, 2013
joel lala:

you are joking. right?
Re: Questions That Bug Believers In God by ooman(m): 11:19am On Oct 11, 2013
striktlymi:

Did Energy come from a created place?

If Energy cannot come from something created then you have your answer.

guy, once again, you are confused... You claim energy is conscious, i said its not. I debate for an unconscious energy, you debate for a conscious energy, which is uncreated, yet you claim every other thing must be created, this is where there is conflict. If this conscious energy of yours does not need a creator, then the universe, less complex than this conscious, complex, personal god of yours, does not need a creator too, it an come into existence by natural processes, because its not conscious. Consciousness does not just pop into existence, it requires maximum complexity, selection and arrangement as brought about by evolution.

So dont use the definition of energy to define your god, until you can prove energy is conscious, has a personality and a brain.

striktlymi: First of, I didn't say consciousness is exclusive to the brain.

you directly implied that..

striktlymi: Secondly, your questions are 'straws' because they have nothing to do with whether consciousness is from Energy or not.

oh common, dont change your words...what you claimed was that the brain has consciousness because its powered by a conscious energy. This immediately suggests that consciousness is exclusive to the brain, so answer the questions... sad

striktlymi: Because you say so?

because you havent provided any!!

striktlymi: Hmmm...

No one said what was created can't be turned.

No one said God's work cannot be corrupted.

then your gods works arent perfect or incorruptible.....its good you are beginning to see the weakness in your god.

striktlymi: See above for proof. You make comments that are unrelated to my posts.

shocked shocked shocked

striktlymi: But you are prepared to take it by faith that Energy is not conscious?

not by faith, but by observation. Cars does not immediately become conscious when they become filled by energy. Or do they?

striktlymi: Anyways, no one is asking you to take it by faith.

There is no way consciousness can come about without a conscious agent.

am not arguing this for now, what am asking is: how then did the first conscious agent come to be?

you do realise that the bolded suggest a god for your god, then a god for the god of your god and a god for the god of the god of the god of your god and that goes on ad infinitum....... This is why there cant be gods, because the existence of one immediately makes compulsory the existence of a higher god...

striktlymi: Ask yourself this: can these billion brain cells achieve consciousness without Energy?

nope, there can be nothing without energy.

striktlymi: I will do that as soon as you give me 'proof' that Energy is not conscious.

because not everything powered by energy is conscious, that is your proof....

striktlymi: Not quite!

A conscious agent with the ability to create can determine what it wants to give consciousness to or not.

and this conscious agent can just pop into existence without another conscious creator right? and that without even a greater conscious creator? and that goes on forever!
Re: Questions That Bug Believers In God by ooman(m): 11:22am On Oct 11, 2013
striktlymi:

Brain defect is your proof that souls do not exist?

brain defects are enough to make me understand that there is no spirit bringing about consciousness, because brain defects immediately affects consciousness, except you wanna tell me it doesnt...
Re: Questions That Bug Believers In God by ooman(m): 11:27am On Oct 11, 2013
joel lala:

oh pls, i dont believe everything the white man says, i make my own researches, this is why i could free myself from childhood religious ideas in the first place...

you on the contrary believe what they say, this is why you cant question the god they made compulsory for you....
Re: Questions That Bug Believers In God by Nobody: 12:29pm On Oct 11, 2013
ooman:

oh pls, i dont believe everything the white man says, i make my own researches, this is why i could free myself from childhood religious ideas in the first place...

you on the contrary believe what they say, this is why you cant question the god they made compulsory for you....

Bros, you make your own researches based on the articles the same white masters have written down..that is why you cant explain the creation of life because they made it compulsory for you not too..

1 Like

Re: Questions That Bug Believers In God by ooman(m): 12:51pm On Oct 11, 2013
joel lala:

Bros, you make your own researches based on the articles the same white masters have written down..that is why you cant explain the creation of life because they made it compulsory for you not too..

oh if its hypothesis that you want about the evolution of life, there is so much of that, but unlike you, i just dont believe everything without proper experimentation...
Re: Questions That Bug Believers In God by Nobody: 1:30pm On Oct 11, 2013
ooman:

oh if its hypothesis that you want about the evolution of life, there is so much of that, but unlike you, i just dont believe everything without proper experimentation...

Experimentation done by the White man right?? wink ..I hear you.
Re: Questions That Bug Believers In God by Nobody: 6:06pm On Oct 11, 2013
ooman: 1. Their argument against atheism is: nothing comes from nothing, yet they believe a complex conscious god could pop into existence from nothing, and not just that, create everything from nothing.
- Q1-If nothing comes from nothing, what did your god come from - They console themselves by saying such a complex being is uncreated-
unbelievable.

2. If nature as we know it was designed, and if everything that exists must be designed
- Q2-then who designed your god, and who designed the god who designed your god, and that can go ad infinitum.

3. If God does not interfere in our affairs
- Q3- why believe that he can help you
- Q4-why punish sinners? Why destroy Sodom and Gomorrah?
- Q5- why pray to him, since he doesn't interfere in your affairs anyway?

4. If the universe was created to support life
- Q6- why does it not support life everywhere?
- Q7- why is life scarce in it?

5. If god is good, and if everything came from god
- Q8- where did evil come from?
- Q9- why create the devil, who will later turn evil?

6. If god is all powerful
-Q10- why does he have to kill himself to forgive our own sins.
-Q11- to whom did he pay our price of salvation? to himself or to a greater god?

you(believers of God) could also visit this thread in addition to that.
Re: Questions That Bug Believers In God by ooman(m): 6:10pm On Oct 11, 2013
joel lala:

Experimentation done by the White man right?? wink ..I hear you.

there are laboratories in Nigeria right?
Re: Questions That Bug Believers In God by Nobody: 6:14pm On Oct 11, 2013
ooman:

lol....the Nigerian doctors that use medicine to beat evolved bacteria are white grin grin grin grin
Re: Questions That Bug Believers In God by Nobody: 6:25pm On Oct 11, 2013
ooman:

Yes there are laboratories in Nigeria but none started the concept of evolution that you so much accept and believe in..unless you can show me one that started it here.
Re: Questions That Bug Believers In God by Nobody: 6:34pm On Oct 11, 2013
Logicboy03:

lol....the Nigerian doctors that use medicine to beat evolved bacteria are white grin grin grin grin

What is this one saying..funny, we are talking about evolution here you are saying another thing..
Re: Questions That Bug Believers In God by Nobody: 6:36pm On Oct 11, 2013
joel lala:

What is this one saying..funny, we are talking about evolution here you are saying another thing..

cheesy cheesy
Give up. You cant win against evolution
Re: Questions That Bug Believers In God by Nobody: 6:43pm On Oct 11, 2013
Logicboy03:

cheesy cheesy
Give up. You cant win against evolution

Desperately protecting your white master's concept just the same way christians and muslims defend theirs..i see a similarity here...cheesy
Re: Questions That Bug Believers In God by ooman(m): 6:55pm On Oct 11, 2013
joel lala:

Yes there are laboratories in Nigeria but none started the concept of evolution that you so much accept and believe in..unless you can show me one that started it here.

mumu... and you think Darwin started it right?

evolution pre-existed Darwin, its a universal theory, its the theory of change and change is a universal concept, so be reasonable...
Re: Questions That Bug Believers In God by Nobody: 7:56pm On Oct 11, 2013
ooman:

mumu... and you think Darwin started it right?

evolution pre-existed Darwin, its a universal theory, its the theory of change and change is a universal concept, so be reasonable...

Please show us here who started the theory of evolution and make sure is not another of your white master..
Re: Questions That Bug Believers In God by ooman(m): 8:32pm On Oct 11, 2013
joel lala:

Please show us here who started the theory of evolution and make sure is not another of your white master..

its a uviversal theory, it wasnt started by anyone in particular, but by everyone with a working brain
Re: Questions That Bug Believers In God by Nobody: 10:29pm On Oct 11, 2013
ooman:

its a uviversal theory, it wasnt started by anyone in particular, but by everyone with a working brain

This your post is actual a dumb post..you say it is a universal theory that wasnt started by anybody right? The theory just started by itself and you want me to believe it..yet if christians/muslim says God wasnt created by anyone, you will be ranting up and down...SMH
Re: Questions That Bug Believers In God by ooman(m): 6:07am On Oct 12, 2013
joel lala:

This your post is actual a dumb post..you say it is a universal theory that wasnt started by anybody right? The theory just started by itself and you want me to believe it..yet if christians/muslim says God wasnt created by anyone, you will be ranting up and down...SMH

whats wrong with your brain? evolution is not an invention, and its nobody's culture, its a theory of change and so its general to any thinking community...
Re: Questions That Bug Believers In God by Nobody: 8:41am On Oct 12, 2013
Sorry for the delay, I have been very busy.

ooman:

guy, once again, you are confused... You claim energy is conscious, i said its not. I debate for an unconscious energy, you debate for a conscious energy, which is uncreated, yet you claim every other thing must be created, this is where there is conflict.

You still ignore the fundamental questions here...

1) Can Energy be created?

2) Can an 'unconscious agent' give rise to consciousness??

ooman:
If this conscious energy of yours does not need a creator, then the universe, less complex than this conscious, complex, personal god of yours, does not need a creator too, it an come into existence by natural processes, because its not conscious.

By definition, it is impossible to conceive nature without Energy. If there is no Energy, there won't be a "natural process". In order words the world cannot just exist without Energy.

We have already agreed on the fact that Energy is uncreated, and I posit that to exist is to have Energy. These are not mutually exclusive. Nothing can come into existence if it has not been acted upon by Energy.

Hence, my position of an uncreated creator (Energy) is not something we cannot wrap our minds around. The point of our divergence can better be appreciated when we ask the question: Can anything give what he/she/it does not have?? Energy is responsible for consciousness and for it to give consciousness, it must possess that ability.

ooman:
Consciousness does not just pop into existence, it requires maximum complexity, selection and arrangement as brought about by evolution.

I agree totally but note that the complexities and arrangements you speak of were brought about by this conscious Energy.

ooman:
Once again you

So dont use the definition of energy to define your god, until you can prove energy is conscious, has a personality and a brain.

I need to understand what you mean by personality because there is a way one would define it such that it can be attributed to inanimate objects too.

@Bold: Are you saying that consciousness is from the brain?

ooman:
you directly implied that..

Demonstrate it.

ooman:
oh common, dont change your words...what you claimed was that the brain has consciousness because its powered by a conscious energy. This immediately suggests that consciousness is exclusive to the brain, so answer the questions... sad

This is what I said:

striktlymi:

Now coming to your question: the simple proof is seen in man and every conscious being. What makes us conscious? I guess your answer might be the brain. But this is not exactly correct.

Stop making me repeat myself. It gets tiring.

ooman:
because you havent provided any!!

then your gods works arent perfect or incorruptible.....its good you are beginning to see the weakness in your god.

Yet again, the above does not follow...

The fact that one chooses to create something that is 'corruptible' or 'imperfect', does not in anyway imply an inability to create what is perfect. Let me illustrate...

China is notorious for producing a number of fake goods but this same China can produce top quality goods. The fact that the Chinese decide to produce these substandard goods does not in any way negate their ability to produce quality goods.

Now note that what you tag as imperfect or corruptible can be seen in some other light too.

ooman:
shocked shocked shocked

not by faith, but by observation. Cars does not immediately become conscious when they become filled by energy. Or do they?

Now you suggest once again that Energy is of one 'kind'. Let me attempt an explanation...

There is one ultimate Energy source from whom all things came to be. This Energy source is conscious and has the ability to determine what it gives life to and what it does not.

It's 'creatures' whether they have this gift of life or not, retain some characteristics of this ultimate source of Energy. Top on the list is existence. Once it causes something to exist, that thing cannot just become non-existent.

So when you see a vehicle and other objects that are without life, know that the feature lifelessness was deliberately brought about by this conscious Energy.

ooman:
am not arguing this for now, what am asking is: how then did the first conscious agent come to be?

As I have explained before, this first conscious agent (Energy) is eternal, uncreated and is existence itself. It is its nature to exist. So there is no 'how', 'when' or 'what' etc with it. It just is!

ooman:
you do realise that the bolded suggest a god for your god, then a god for the god of your god and a god for the god of the god of the god of your god and that goes on ad infinitum....... This is why there cant be gods, because the existence of one immediately makes compulsory the existence of a higher god...

By "conscious agent" I simply mean the source of our consciousness. The above would only be valid if Energy was created.

ooman:
nope, there can be nothing without energy.

In other words, Energy is existence from which all things have their existence. Now you are getting it; hopefully.

ooman:
because not everything powered by energy is conscious, that is your proof....

I did not say: "everything powered by Energy is conscious".

ooman:
and this conscious agent can just pop into existence without another conscious creator right? and that without even a greater conscious creator? and that goes on forever!

Does Energy have a creator?
Re: Questions That Bug Believers In God by Nobody: 9:54am On Oct 12, 2013
ooman:

whats wrong with your brain? evolution is not an invention, and its nobody's culture, its a theory of change and so its general to any thinking community...

The exact same thing that is wrong with your own brain..you want me to accept that man evolved from apes whereas that concept cant explain life..but if a christian/muslim says that there is a God and is general to any thinking community you will doubt..nonsense

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Top 5 Questions Jehovah's Witnesses Cannot Answer / Why Are Jesus' Genealogy In Matthew And Luke So Different? / Pastor David Ibiyeomie Quotes On Change

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.