Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,134 members, 7,949,907 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 10:45 PM

Pls Advise - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Pls Advise (486 Views)

Pls Advise: Architecture Or Civil Engineering / I Am Divided Between GTBANK And FBN! Pls Advise. / Medicine or Dentistry?: Pls Advise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pls Advise by Nobody: 5:45pm On Oct 10, 2013
Hello house.
Once read dis article"that its when u get the job u have always desired then ur fulfilled.

Now I have been in the marine/oil and gas sector for 5-6yrs now. Though got the job by slim luck. But have always wanted to work in the aviation sector. Been facinated by it environment and all. I alway see and envy people who work there. Though when I tell some I work in oil sector. They respond by saying they wud kill to be where I am today,I jst smiled but deep inside I am not happy with my present job. Pay is "well lagos manageable"but I still feel I am not fufilled. Until recently I met a friend who is in the aviation arm. We talked and told me all I need to do to at least qualify for an aviation job..lots and lots of courses. Quite xpensive too.
Now I am pondering shud I jst follow my dream. And die happy in the end. Or keep my mind bugging job"with fair pay"..cos trying out all dis courses and classes wud futher drain me and money.
Re: Pls Advise by Illuminatus(m): 5:57pm On Oct 10, 2013
There's an ocean of difference between what we want and what we can have. Living a good life is finding the point where both wants, needs and resources meet. It sounds like the aviation stuff is still a probability, you still have to study and get certificates. That sounds like a lot of variables to me. It seems you're making enough from what you're doing now. It isn't going to kill you if you stick to it. Are you married? I don't know how old you are, but maybe it's past time to starting chasing pavements. Meanwhile, you are already feeling like you should have done that. And I think that you'll always wonder what it'd be like if you went into aviation.
I can't make the decision for you. But I would stick to what I'm doing now. It's somewhat like the civil service right? Anyway, wishing you lucksmiley

(1) (Reply)

Be A Part Of Young Pix Productions / Acca, Cisa,cism, Itil, Pmp, Oracle 11g & 12c, Sage Erp & Other Ebooks to be Pro / How To Make Your Office Add 10 More Years To Your Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.