Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,823 members, 7,972,941 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 11:04 PM

Ex-Corpers Drop Your Tribute For Henry Amadi - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Ex-Corpers Drop Your Tribute For Henry Amadi (17292 Views)

Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? / Ex-Corpers: Beware Of Scam Jobs! / Ex corpers now in the real world. Welcome guys. Whats next? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ex-Corpers Drop Your Tribute For Henry Amadi by Immortal1(m): 5:42am On Oct 13, 2013
Yes, u are right. Itz d same Henry, & datz d dad u described; he is a very gud friend of mine.
Rest well, Henry. So, cool, calm and humble fellow. Was wit him 2 days before d unfortunate incident. All I remember vividly is his smile. He was truly d pride of d dad. In d words of d dad "I'm contented wit d fact that I did a gud job bringing him up in d way I shud. I know he is proud 2 have been my son while on earth." We honour u, Henry. U died in service; nothing can be greater!!!
G_Syntax: Good evening peeps. This is indeed a very sad news. It is with trembling hands that I write to ask this question. I happened to have met a guy in 2010 who bears exactly the same name as that of the fallen corp member. However, the picture above, maybe cos it is a little blurred, does not fully look like him if I remember correctly. Oh, how I pray it's not him.

A guy who goes by name Henry Amadi-Emina walked into our office in Central Business District, Abuja, in 2010 to make some findings about doing his masters degree abroad. He read Architecture or a related course in the uni and would want to do his masters in the same field. I think he attended Covenant University or one of the private schools in Nigeria. At that time, I think he was doing his IT in the nearby NNPC Towers. Please can someone tell me that the Henry I am describing is different from the one everyone is writing tribute to!

Early this year (3 years after I met Henry), I went to a Full Gospel meeting in our estate and met one man, Mr Amadi-Emina. I asked him if he knows a boy called Henry who has the same surname as his and he answered in the affirmative that he is his son. A very peaceful man!

Please can someone who knows Henry tell me that I am describing someone else?
Re: Ex-Corpers Drop Your Tribute For Henry Amadi by Nobody: 6:27am On Oct 13, 2013
All due respect but I think the major lesson here has been lost in the usual rush to emotional hyperbole. Overtaking at a bend is one of the first rules of driving you never break. The devil is not at fault here, he is not responsible for not following simple driving rules. Sorry.
Re: Ex-Corpers Drop Your Tribute For Henry Amadi by nafiachi(m): 7:10am On Oct 13, 2013
My heart condolence to the family. May GOD give the family the fortitude to bear the irreplaceable loss.
Re: Ex-Corpers Drop Your Tribute For Henry Amadi by Nobody: 8:13am On Oct 13, 2013
he was in my CDS group. Dance and Drama. RIP.
That Lafia road though is terrible, pple keep dying on it and the govt need to fix it asap. heard the contract was given to a top govt officials wife but the work on it moves slower than a snail. i thank God i survived the road after traveling through it for about 3-4 times.
Re: Ex-Corpers Drop Your Tribute For Henry Amadi by arimahoseloka(m): 9:57am On Oct 13, 2013
Life can be cruel
Re: Ex-Corpers Drop Your Tribute For Henry Amadi by abasgold: 9:59am On Oct 13, 2013
RIP brother, may ur soul rest in peace
Re: Ex-Corpers Drop Your Tribute For Henry Amadi by handsome86(m): 10:27am On Oct 13, 2013
dridowu: Such is life. Am scared of Death. RIP

Pls you don't have to be scared! You can only be scared if you haven't make peace with Christ ,if actually you have there is a better place for you
For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord. Therefore encourage one another with these words
Re: Ex-Corpers Drop Your Tribute For Henry Amadi by Nobody: 11:20am On Oct 13, 2013
RIp to the ddead!!! Buh how on earth wwill someone in his right senses go to overtake on a bend? Is dat sane at all, sorry 4 his parents cus of d trture he 'll cause dem!!!
The thing is just so annoying!!! If u are driving on d way n see d way people drive ehhh!!! U will spit on dia corpse if accident befall dem!!! Its very very annoying, someone speeding like a fool, n overtakking a trailer on a bend of d road, without good recourse to wats on d other end!! N d truth be told! It was bound to happen! If it didn't happen dat day, it would have happened anothe day!!! Because he would have been doing this,n getting away with it; n maybe d mishape befell him dat day!!!
Poor him! God grant d family d fortitude to bear d loss
RIP

Pls mmy brothers n friend, drive responsibly!!! If u re to die, let it be 4 a worthy reason
Re: Ex-Corpers Drop Your Tribute For Henry Amadi by Nobody: 1:09pm On Oct 13, 2013
Raymondenyi: RIp to the ddead!!! Buh how on earth wwill someone in his right senses go to overtake on a bend? Is dat sane at all, sorry 4 his parents cus of d trture he 'll cause dem!!!
The thing is just so annoying!!! If u are driving on d way n see d way people drive ehhh!!! U will spit on dia corpse if accident befall dem!!! Its very very annoying, someone speeding like a fool, n overtakking a trailer on a bend of d road, without good recourse to wats on d other end!! N d truth be told! It was bound to happen! If it didn't happen dat day, it would have happened anothe day!!! Because he would have been doing this,n getting away with it; n maybe d mishape befell him dat day!!!
Poor him! God grant d family d fortitude to bear d loss
RIP

Pls mmy brothers n friend, drive responsibly!!! If u re to die, let it be 4 a worthy reason

Thats a very terrible thing to say. "you ll spit on their corpse"?
You must be a very bitter person. How would it be if the deceased is someone you knew and you get such remarks? I guess you ll feel really bad and cold, but i could be wrong, you might just be a psychopath who no one really cares about nd is scared of dieing worthlessly
Re: Ex-Corpers Drop Your Tribute For Henry Amadi by GSyntax(m): 1:35pm On Oct 13, 2013
@Kechpearl and Immortal, thank you both for your responses. It sure feels very sad to see the life snuffed out of such a promising chap. And it even saddens you the more when you know the victim in question! May God comfort his family and give them d strength to bear this great loss.
Re: Ex-Corpers Drop Your Tribute For Henry Amadi by Nobody: 5:47pm On Oct 13, 2013
nutty_hnic:

Thats a very terrible thing to say. "you ll spit on their corpse"?
You must be a very bitter person. How would it be if the deceased is someone you knew and you get such remarks? I guess you ll feel really bad and cold, but i could be wrong, you might just be a psychopath who no one really cares about nd is scared of dieing worthlessly

It won't do U any harm, to tek some time, read n understand comments, before writing!!!! I never wrote 'I'll spit on dia corpse' I was only being figurative, nothing more (was just trying 2 explain how it feels so bad, seeing people driving carelessly on a highway, without remorse, or caution 4 dia owwn lives).. Be more reasonable sire.
Re: Ex-Corpers Drop Your Tribute For Henry Amadi by cigie(m): 8:42pm On Oct 13, 2013
to Henry Amadi, Firesola Agbotoluwa (oyo state) and other fallen heros, I say RIP...God bless the dead
Re: Ex-Corpers Drop Your Tribute For Henry Amadi by Osheshe(f): 8:50pm On Oct 13, 2013
R.I.P Henry Amadi-Emina..aka H.O.T. Your friends and colleagues from Covenant University will miss you greatly. The news of your death came as a rude shock and we kept praying for it to be a rumor. I still remember the last time we had a chat on bbm. I uploaded a picture carrying a sad face and you were the first to ping me, asking what was wrong and I explained I was only making faces at the camera. Hurts to know I'm now mourning your demise with that same sad face.

Re: Ex-Corpers Drop Your Tribute For Henry Amadi by kechypearl(f): 9:41pm On Oct 13, 2013
On tuesday I met a guy; Henry. His dad lives very close to us (few houses away) but I met him for the first time that day. He asked if I needed a ride to the gate and I said "yea", hopped into the car; we gisted a lot. He dropped me at a comfortable spot and we exchanged numbers. In the course of our conversation and subsequent chats, something told me to tell him about Christ (but I dismissed it as a mere thought, or at best something I could do later). This feeling came to me again, bt I thought it was just my mind playing games with me. We chatted that unfaithful morning (thursday) and I congratulated him on his POP. Later in the day, to my amazement my friend used a picture of him as her DP, it was his obituary. I'm still in shock. Now I realise that, tomorrow isn't promised and whatever it is you can do now, do not procrastinate. I'm not saying Henry didn't know Christ, all I'm saying is it may have been better if I had listened when I got the instruction. Having said that, I take solace in the fact that I'm gona do my best to tell people about Jesus and I encourage you to do same. After all, what's the essence of living if in the end we won't make heaven?

1 Like

Re: Ex-Corpers Drop Your Tribute For Henry Amadi by kechypearl(f): 9:43pm On Oct 13, 2013
You're welcome, Syntax.. I believe the full Gospel meeting was at p and p right?

G_Syntax: @Kechpearl and Immortal, thank you both for your responses. It sure feels very sad to see the life snuffed out of such a promising chap. And it even saddens you the more when you know the victim in question! May God comfort his family and give them d strength to bear this great loss.
Re: Ex-Corpers Drop Your Tribute For Henry Amadi by Mosun92(f): 7:20pm On Oct 05, 2014
May his soul rest in peace oo cry
Re: Ex-Corpers Drop Your Tribute For Henry Amadi by dania30(f): 6:41am On Oct 06, 2014
U are remembered cry Continue to R.I.P cry cry cry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ige Adedayo: Delta Corper Dies In Crash, NYSC Warns Against Unauthorised Travel / Don't Combine National Service And Law School - NYSC Warns / No-trouser Corper Wasn't Thrown-Out At Night - NYSC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.