Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,880 members, 7,889,930 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 03:19 AM

How To Build A Gaming PC That Doesn’t Suck - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / How To Build A Gaming PC That Doesn’t Suck (1606 Views)

Will You Play Games In A Gaming Lounge / I Need Help From Anyone On How To Install PES 10 On A PC That Has Gotten Two CDs / Building A Gaming Pc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Build A Gaming PC That Doesn’t Suck by vowiski(m): 9:23am On Oct 11, 2013
Console gamers tend to live under the shadow of a device that can’t be stacked with additional power. You are meant to suffer with it for close to 6-7 years. This has been the argument for PC gamers, they claim to have unlimited freedom and play games in the highest of quality. Though, I am a diehard console gaming addict, I wouldn’t want to create any argument on which camp of gaming has a better bragging right.

how to build a gaming pc

That’s said, let’s build this baby; a budget gaming PC that won’t rip-off your wallet but leave an end product that should let you play games at 60fps and most importantly at 1080p resolution on moderate settings. What the price like? It’s going to be somewhere around $800.
Part I – Hardware
Shell

We are going to build a budget gaming PC but that doesn’t mean we have to rely on down-market products to make that happen. I love taste and class and I am pretty sure you love that too. Why not Silverstone Tek Micro-ATX Mini-DTX case ($99)? This shell stands out because of its excellent cooling properties as well as its outstanding sound-proof system.
Processor

Your computer brain has got only two major manufacturers making things happen; Intel and AMD. I would have easily opted for Intel, but AMD processors are equally a beast and less expensive for almost the same result. So here is the deal; we will be using the AMD A10-5800K, a beast clocked at 3.8 GHz. It will cost you a wallet-friendly $128.
Graphics Card

If you want to break the bank, going with Nvidia 690 wouldn’t be a bad idea but hey, no wallet-rip off remember? No down-market peripherals also, so we will go with AMD’s Radeon HD 6870. This is a decent graphics card that should guarantee you 1080p resolutions at moderate settings.
Motherboard

Continue Readin
Re: How To Build A Gaming PC That Doesn’t Suck by kimco(m): 1:12am On Oct 12, 2013
And u can get these in naija? Esp the gpu? I'm in ghana and i decided to build a pc for myself. but to my dismay, I cudn't even get a decent gpu to buy. All i saw was these very low end china gpus from nvidia and amd stacked with alot of memory so as to fool people into thinking the bigger the memory, the better the gpu. For eduction sakes; People, a gpu's memory size isn't representative of it power to render efficiently, it only helps in resolutions option, dats all. So for eg, u can have a 256mb card out performing a card with 2gb of memory in gaming. Other stuff like memory speed and shader cores are more defining of it's power.
Re: How To Build A Gaming PC That Doesn’t Suck by vowiski(m): 10:53am On Oct 12, 2013
kimco: And u can get these in naija? Esp the gpu? I'm in ghana and i decided to build a pc for myself. but to my dismay, I cudn't even get a decent gpu to buy. All i saw was these very low end china gpus from nvidia and amd stacked with alot of memory so as to fool people into thinking the bigger the memory, the better the gpu. For eduction sakes; People, a gpu's memory size isn't representative of it power to render efficiently, it only helps in resolutions option, dats all. So for eg, u can have a 256mb card out performing a card with 2gb of memory in gaming. Other stuff like memory speed and shader cores are more defining of it's power.

This article should help you
http://www.thatnaijablog.com/2013/10/ship-products-from-us-to-nigeria.html
Re: How To Build A Gaming PC That Doesn’t Suck by hancock(m): 5:49pm On Oct 12, 2013
I Just finished building a home Theater PC (HTPC). Its my first computer build ever. All parts were purchased on Amazon.com including the evga gtx 660 gpu.
i Will be making a comprehensive post mater on
Re: How To Build A Gaming PC That Doesn’t Suck by hancock(m): 7:45pm On Oct 12, 2013
Here is a link to my post in the computer section
https://www.nairaland.com/1475841/building-home-theater-pc-htpc
I have basically put up a serious gaming pc in a small form factor casing.
don't let the size fool you grin
Re: How To Build A Gaming PC That Doesn’t Suck by vowiski(m): 1:45pm On Oct 14, 2013
hancock: Here is a link to my post in the computer section
https://www.nairaland.com/1475841/building-home-theater-pc-htpc
I have basically put up a serious gaming pc in a small form factor casing.
don't let the size fool you grin

hahaha! You really made a beast bro. . . cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Gta V For Android / Top Best New Android Games 2019 / I Want A Ps4 In Abuja Fairly Used

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.