Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,841 members, 7,872,824 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 10:57 PM

CBN Stops Banks From Issueing Dollars On Moneygram, Western Union, Etc - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CBN Stops Banks From Issueing Dollars On Moneygram, Western Union, Etc (717 Views)

Court Bars Banks From ‘instigating’ Kashamu’s Arrest - The Nations / Jonathan Rains Dollars On South-west Obas (each given $250,000 (N50m)) - Punch / Pics Of A Referee Issueing A Red Card To GEJ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

CBN Stops Banks From Issueing Dollars On Moneygram, Western Union, Etc by 1MCN: 9:55am On Oct 12, 2013
I just woke up early this morning to read an SMS from bank notifying me that effective from 26th of this month they'll stop issuance of Dollar bills to recipient of money on Western Union money transfer, MoneyGram and all other such funds transfer in compliance with CBN directives. Although I don't expect any funds from Obodo Oyibo, but am imagining the (negative) effects this policy would have on (especially) those small BDCs at Presidential and GRA in PH and Ama-Awusa in Owerri and other places.

Do you have any idea what other implications (negative or positve) which this policy could bring to individuals and the general society?
Re: CBN Stops Banks From Issueing Dollars On Moneygram, Western Union, Etc by ShenTeh(m): 10:39am On Oct 12, 2013
Thiz iz bery bad por biziness. Yo mean Mallam Sanusi haz affrooved zha killing op our USDallars Boro do Change bizziness? Kai! Mallam Adamu helf us tu tell zhat 'dan iska' tu stof zhat nansense kawai! Doz he wan us tu all go back to pushing wheel-barrow and gateman work? Me kuma I not pit sell goro and or do maibara por thiz Legas again pah. Allah kiaye!
Re: CBN Stops Banks From Issueing Dollars On Moneygram, Western Union, Etc by investnow2013: 11:17am On Oct 12, 2013
It is long over due! It will help to stop the presure on the Naira that causes it to lose so much Value. This is good for our Economy.If is True, Welldone GEJ!
Re: CBN Stops Banks From Issueing Dollars On Moneygram, Western Union, Etc by 1MCN: 11:40am On Oct 12, 2013
Shen Teh: Thiz iz bery bad por biziness. Yo mean Mallam Sanusi haz affrooved zha killing op our USDallars Boro do Change bizziness? Kai! Mallam Adamu helf us tu tell zhat 'dan iska' tu stof zhat nansense kawai! Doz he wan us tu all go back to pushing wheel-barrow and gateman work? Me kuma I not pit sell goro and or do maibara por thiz Legas again pah. Allah kiaye!
Oh, my Goodness! Please, tell me where you grew up cos you killed that accent! Very funny, bro.
Re: CBN Stops Banks From Issueing Dollars On Moneygram, Western Union, Etc by 1MCN: 11:52am On Oct 12, 2013
invest-now2013:
It is long over due! It will help to stop the presure on the Naira that causes it to lose so much Value. This is good for our Economy.If is True, Welldone GEJ!
I gather that the apex bank is trying to stop the dollarization of our economy which has consistently put too much pressure on our Naira and undermined all efforts at managing exchange rate between both currencies.

There are also allegations that some (corrupt) politicians are buying and stashing away dollars in heavy quantities against 2015 thereby increasing demand for the dollar.

These are the kinds of actions and decisions our gov't should have been taking over the years to save our economy and our people but they didn't cos of their primitive greed for money and power.

Thanks to Sanusi, and to the Finance Minister and to the President for doing the right things no matter whose stake is there.

(1) (Reply)

Why The Tripartite Agreement Involving Willie Obiano Shouldn’t Be Taken Lightly / FG Offers ASUU N220bn Over Five Years To End Strike / Anambra Guber: Ngige Is The Best Man For The Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.