Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,426 members, 7,911,058 topics. Date: Monday, 05 August 2024 at 12:38 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 5 - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 5 (623044 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by apple08(m): 10:27am On Oct 16, 2013
ChriGo: ....dont know about the school indepth but the school is part of the cdhc approved institution....if they offer u a better package interms of course and cost then u can go for it....please whats the duration of the course u're going for? Cuz a friend of mine found a course in that durham but na 8months duration course....just like 2chainz said in his previous post, he warned agains 8months course....he said 8months course isn't one year course so my man check am well....

Chrigo, do u mean cdhc has a list of approved skools and colleges?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 10:32am On Oct 16, 2013
apple08:

....Yes they do...damn!! Most posted link again grin....check dis www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/institutions/participants.asp
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by newacca: 10:53am On Oct 16, 2013
ChriGo: ....This is kinda hard sha....i believe cdch likes to see proof of source of income...even if u have 50m in ur acctn without proof of source of income they might frown at it....that's why u see some peeps who used SOA of 2m or 3m getting visa cuz they were able to show source of income....since u said ur dad is a trader, he should have records of his sales e.g receipt and such...try as much as possible to attach enuff sales receipt with ur application to prove source of income.....when i mean receipt i mean those old dirty receipts grin so as not to make it seem like u're forming receipt oo....u can also submit his traders association certificate.....i know traders do have association....the cert of him been in that association should also be attached to ur visa application.....i hope dis my opinion wont be crucified again *Chrigo expecting critics*.....
Brova you are on point. In my case,being a self sponsor.After all my dox,I was unable to get Tax cert and I cant fabricate a fake one. I had to take receipts of my biz+invoices also TIN for FIRS. shikenah.
When I was called 4 interview,the VO flashed to the tax cert. issue and i put the issue off by explaining to her dat tax cert. issuing na wahala for my state and 9ja sef,dat na why i put business transactn dox(receipts,invoices etc). Na so she chop the story. Though my statement of acct was alright.
So,if you cld get dox to back the source of d income,no P.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by newacca: 10:56am On Oct 16, 2013
ChriGo: ......report has shown that asaju(VI) is taking the lead....Consultant practice(Ikoyi) too isn't bad grin....
Nobody is talking 'bout Marien Hospital,Yaba in the recent times. has it been de-listed from CDHC designated clinic?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by jaymdee(m): 11:01am On Oct 16, 2013
kjbobo:
Bros.....let's not flog issue....but let's look at issues very deeply...in a sane country...somebody will give my details(the amount I have) to a third party without my consentand you say it is normalThat is why I am afraid for Nigeria....we are beginning to see how we are treated as normal!
I CAN bet it with you they aren't doing it this way in Europe....even if there are verifying!
Hey, you specifically gave the embassy approval to verify your sponsor's state of account while signing your application form. Besides, what's the issue with that? Will the embassy rob you cos of your money?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Quantumfisika: 11:09am On Oct 16, 2013
hi guys..pls on wat day(s) can one go to d embassy fill dat dia form to meet a staff one on one? tanks..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by apple08(m): 11:17am On Oct 16, 2013
jaymdee:
Hey, you specifically gave the embassy approval to verify your sponsor's state of account while signing your application form. Besides, what's the issue with that? Will the embassy rob you cos of your money?

They can only verify the SOA, they have no right to know how much is in the accnt presently. The bank will neva give out your account balance to any third party... dats d normal banking law..

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by onuawuchi: 11:23am On Oct 16, 2013
jaymdee:
It is completely wrong and negates the standard practice in banking. Banking relationship is run on confidentiality and secrecy. Moreover, I don't believe CDHC check up on peoples account like that. If they do, what's the point asking applicants to provide statements from six months back, since the signature allows them free rides on an individuals account? Here is a gathering of academia, some finance students can help us end this argument
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by justwise(m): 11:37am On Oct 16, 2013
onuawuchi: It is completely wrong and negates the standard practice in banking. Banking relationship is run on confidentiality and secrecy. Moreover, I don't believe CDHC check up on peoples account like that. If they do, what's the point asking applicants to provide statements from six months back, since the signature allows them free rides on an individuals account? Here is a gathering of academia, some finance students can help us end this argument

No its not true, you have given the embassy everything about you and signed the form declaring that everything you gave to them is genuine, the embassy has the right to verify any document submitted to them if such document raise an eyebrow, its not against any law and the bank do corporate with them embassy because its in the interest of the bank to do so.

You can not sue the embassy or the bank for verifying your account, every embassy has a section that verifies documents and they know what they are looking for.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by oloriesther(f): 11:38am On Oct 16, 2013
Goodmorning house, pls what is the validIlity of d TRV given by cdhc, also is d study permit issued alond with d TRV.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by justwise(m): 11:39am On Oct 16, 2013
jadapinket13: I have been reading all your comments that sounds like a debate. I have been thinking of ignoring the whole thing by not commenting. But at the end of the day, I just couldn't hold it any longer. My advice for you guys is to please drop this topic as it's really becoming unhealthy for this forum, all this argument is not necessary and sometimes it can lead to something ugly. Please try to always remember that "UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL". Good night peeps.

Can you tell me what is wrong with discussion like this?

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by nasjay: 11:50am On Oct 16, 2013
justwise:

No its not true, you have given the embassy everything about you and signed the form declaring that everything you gave to them is genuine, the embassy has the right to verify any document submitted to them if such document raise an eyebrow, its not against any law and the bank do corporate with them embassy because its in the interest of the bank to do so.

You can not sue the embassy or the bank for verifying your account, every embassy has a section that verifies documents and they know what they are looking for.

They can only verify the SOA, they have no right to know how much is in the accnt presently afther d S0A, signed the form declaring that everything you gave to them is genuine, the embassy has the right to verify d S0A, they have no right to verify the account balance, that is not parth of what you signed for!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 11:51am On Oct 16, 2013
newacca:
Nobody is talking 'bout Marien Hospital,Yaba in the recent times. has it been de-listed from CDHC designated clinic?
....Its not on the list....i was given a link by them to check hospitals and dia addresses...here is it
www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medicalinfo.aspx?CountryID=1977&CountryName=Nigeria
....guess they no longer work with the one u stated....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 11:57am On Oct 16, 2013
oloriesther: Goodmorning house, pls what is the validIlity of d TRV given by cdhc, also is d study permit issued alond with d TRV.
...The validity depends on how many years they issue u...study permit gangan is been issued at the port of entry(POE) in canada....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by justwise(m): 12:04pm On Oct 16, 2013
nas-jay:

They can only verify the SOA, they have no right to know how much is in the accnt presently afther d S0A, signed the form declaring that everything you gave to them is genuine, the embassy has the right to verify d S0A, they have no right to verify the account balance, that is not parth of what you signed for!

When you signed the application form do you specify the area of your account the embassy should verify?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 12:10pm On Oct 16, 2013
nas-jay:

.....Yes they verify the authenticity of an SOA....i remember a guy that was denied after medicals...he was told by cdhc to go print another SOA after the one they already had with them which reads 7m.....if cdch truely verifies the balance why would they tell him to go print another?.....why not verify the amount straight up from bank...he took back the new SOA which reads 5m and was questioned why the reduction in balance....only God knows wat they look out for in an application......

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ExcellentV: 12:12pm On Oct 16, 2013
ChriGo: ....Check university of lethbridge ...kjbobo is also in the same line as you....you can send him a PM he would put u tru....

Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by newacca: 12:13pm On Oct 16, 2013
justwise: [/b]

When you signed the application form do you specify the area of your account the embassy should verify?
Banks don't give out acct balance to embassy;and no embassy will ask for such. The bank forward copy of the printed SOA you submitted to the embassy if they wanna verify ur (submitted) SOA. They may want to verify the balance if it tallies with bal. on d SOA u submitted(and they do that through the faxed copy directly from your bank,and the bank will req.ur permission b4 doing this) Ur bank/sponsor's banker will confirm frm u/ur sponsor as d case maybe.
No Bank will every give out your bal. even to your wife or father! Roger that.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by detolaa: 12:16pm On Oct 16, 2013
@Chrisgo thanks
@kjbobo, please I don't mind you putting me through with my application, I applied in january for MPH through an agent to MUN I didn't get admission, I'm trying to do it myself now. A friend said I should try post graduate diploma but I've not gotten any course of my interest. Please @kjbobo put me through. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ExcellentV: 12:17pm On Oct 16, 2013
Nimakor:

About 13 universities have Master in Public Health and/or allied programs. Some are online, some are classroom based. Some have specific concentrations while some dont. Most have practicum though-which is essential.
There are MPH and MSc tracks in a few of the universities.
In most cases funding is MSC public health...because it is research based... But there could still be opportunities for course based candidates/students.
So you would have to be specific.
Check out these schools UBC, SFU, MUN, Queens, Toronto,saskatchewan, and alberta.Mun has a one year program while the others a two years.
Obviously there are so many factors/features to consider, but check them out first then lets have your opinion/s.

Thanks a bunch.quite informative I must say.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ExcellentV: 12:19pm On Oct 16, 2013
kjbobo:
Bros....A lot of schools are offering MPH in Canada and your g.p is competitive...and I will like to know if you have been working in health related field...you can try Uni of Lethbridge,uni of Alberta, among others....pls try Wikipedia results for list of universities in Canada.....and read through to make your choice.you can send me your email and I will send stuff on proposal you can use as outline to communicate with prospective supervisors.....
All the best

Thank u sir.Am a lady o.Sent u a pm

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kayconsult(m): 12:21pm On Oct 16, 2013
apple08:

@ chriGo, do you think the international admission office of a college can inscribe a year duration for onces intending course in the admission letter, when outrightly they know its going to be an 8 month program ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by nasjay: 12:21pm On Oct 16, 2013
justwise: [/b]

Yes o? you signed the application form, for them to verify all ur info n doc/ soa when needed, they can not go beyond that, how will they verify ur recent account balance, which is not part of the SoA, I just called my account officer and banker fm diff bank, they both said is not posible to verify ur recent account balance which is not part of the S0A, u can call and verify urself!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kclexa(m): 12:21pm On Oct 16, 2013
justwise:

I joined this forum in faith that it is common ground where we share good advice that would help us all. I hope we remain focus on the main ideology of credibly advice.

Except there is a Canadian visa officer on this forum; we can't be 100% sure or 100% not sure to which extent the documents or information we provide are verified. All we must advice is that everyone should ensure information provided are genuine.
On submission of our visa applications, we all signed an agreement that all information supplied were correct and also agreed to any penalty such as denial of trv if the information is deemed wrong.

I believe the right thing to point out to any prospective applicant is to ensure they submit legitimate and accurate informations that would not result in denial of trv if verification becomes necessary.

Thank you and God bless

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Chars1289: 12:24pm On Oct 16, 2013
nas-jay:

Yes o? you signed the application form, for them to verify all ur info n doc/ soa when needed, they can not go beyond that, how will they verify ur recent account balance, which is not part of the SoA, I just called my account officer and banker fm diff bank, they both said is not posible to verify ur recent account balance which is not part of the S0A, u can call and verify urself!

END OF DISCUSSION#Gbamm
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kayconsult(m): 12:27pm On Oct 16, 2013
apple08:

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by justwise(m): 12:31pm On Oct 16, 2013
kclexa:

I joined this forum in faith that it is common ground where we share good advice that would help us all. I hope we remain focus on the main ideology of credibly advice.

Except there is a Canadian visa officer on this forum; we can't be 100% sure or 100% not sure to which extent the documents or information we provide are verified. All we must advice is that everyone should ensure information provided are genuine.
On submission of our visa applications, we all signed an agreement that all information supplied were correct and also agreed to any penalty such as denial of trv if the information is deemed wrong.

I believe the right thing to point out to any prospective applicant is to ensure they submit legitimate and accurate informations that would not result in denial of trv if verification becomes necessary.

Thank you and God bless

Above all i regard discussion like this very important than anything else because this is one of the biggest problems we have in Nigeria, problem of forgery/ presenting fake documents and misrepresentation in our applications.

You can see that a lot of people are not comfortable with this discussion because its the elephant in the house but we can't shy away from it
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by justwise(m): 12:35pm On Oct 16, 2013
nas-jay:

This brings me back to my previous question which is...why are you afraid that the embassy will call your bank to verify your bank balance? If you claimed that everything you submitted is correct and genuine why are you afraid of verification of that level?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by nasjay: 12:53pm On Oct 16, 2013
justwise:

This brings me back to my previous question which is...why are you afraid that the embassy will call your bank to verify your bank balance? If you claimed that everything you submitted is correct and genuine why are you afraid of verification of that level?

I do not see anything wrong with discussion like this, e b like say men no like dis discussion @ all, nobody is afraid (justwise), what will I b afraid of. Hahahhahahah , I just called my account officer and banker fm diff bank, they both said is not posible to verify ur recent account balance which is not part of the S0A, u can call and verify urself!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Canadidacy(m): 12:54pm On Oct 16, 2013
na wah o
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by justwise(m): 12:57pm On Oct 16, 2013
nas-jay:

I do not see anything wrong with discussion like this, e b like say men no like dis discussion @ all, nobody is afraid (justwise), what will I b afraid of. Hahahhahahah , I just called my account officer and banker fm diff bank, they both said is not posible to verify ur recent account balance which is not part of the S0A, u can call and verify urself!

Again..why are you calling them? What are you afraid of? What have you got to hide?

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (501)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.