Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,021 members, 7,883,536 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 12:19 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 5 - Travel (220) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 5 (618854 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by canrelocate: 12:15am On Dec 14, 2013
Femicrux:

I intend pursuing my masters program in engineering in Canada. But I'm skeptical about the job prospects one has upon completion of the degree. I once chatted with a Chinese guy online. This guy came over from China to get a masters degree in engineering in Canada. After finishing his course, he told me he spent about 6 months before he got his current job. He added that engineering companies are quite few ( mostly oil companies) in Canada unlike the US. A lot of engineering graduates leave Canada and migrate to the US to source for jobs because of the few opportunities inherent in Canny. Can engineering graduates living and working in canada comment on this so we can have a foresight of what'shappening over there?

I know of close associates/friends here in Canada who had engineering background in Nigeria but worked most of their lives in the Banking industry while in Nigeria; but when they immigrated to Canada, they undergo the transition process of fulfilling the requirement to practice as an Engineer in Canada and got engineering jobs afterwards. There are engineering jobs in Canada, it depends mostly on where you are looking - many are looking only at the oil companies and forget other areas. Also, please note that having a Masters does not qualify you to practice as an engineer - you'll have to go through the accreditation process to get certified as an engineer.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by temiefash: 1:54am On Dec 14, 2013
Congratss to the newly trv holders,more n more testimonies shall fill this house.....Canada awaits you....N to expectant,Canada is never completed until u gets here...It's well....

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by marksum: 8:12am On Dec 14, 2013
temie fash: Congratss to the newly trv holders,more n more testimonies shall fill this house.....Canada awaits you....N to expectant,Canada is never completed until u gets here...It's well....
Good mawnin bros..Plz I go lyk know, if I fit get refund of my board fee by the tym I get to centennial college..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Anointed111: 8:14am On Dec 14, 2013
kclexa:

You done finally book? Abi ticket price done anoint you. If you done book, which flight
. Hahahahahahaha finally I dun book o!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Anointed111: 8:21am On Dec 14, 2013
marksum: Good mawnin bros..Plz I go lyk know, if I fit get refund of my board fee by the tym I get to centennial college..
. Are u going to Centennial?? U dun chop trv? Pm if so. Tnx
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by deebla: 8:24am On Dec 14, 2013
Congrats to everyone that has gotten their TRVs... And God's favour to the TRV and medical hopefuls

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kayconsult(m): 8:36am On Dec 14, 2013
Morning house. Please Who have travelled 2 Niagara in recent times ? How much is it when using an airport shuttle from Toronto Int'l airport 2 Niagara,precisely 2 st Catherines.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by worry359(m): 9:12am On Dec 14, 2013
kayconsult

No need for anyone to reply!
Use of SILLY BLACKBERRY CHARACTERS shows child posting not adult.
It is also against forum rules.
Please get grown up person to explain to you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by DrJay02(m): 9:27am On Dec 14, 2013
Anointed111: . Hahahahahahaha finally I dun book o!!!
Which airline? And date
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Evad(m): 9:45am On Dec 14, 2013

Good morning beautiful people of this thread, wanna say congrats to all those who got their trv abi na tvr whichever one, congrats

the last time I commented on this thread, a fool called ' bishop4APC' was high on some cheap crack and decided to cut in....well that one na anoda tory

with all your comments (even if y'll didn't know) I was able to renew my passport and already booked my flight

I wanna say thank you to all that commented positively to tyis thread, may y'LL get your wish and get to canny land

thank you!

Ps→ abeg who is leaving for ontario next month, make we collabo, at least make I know one familiar face for plane
#teamAirfrance
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kayconsult(m): 9:53am On Dec 14, 2013
worry 359: kayconsult

No need for anyone to reply!
Use of SILLY BLACKBERRY CHARACTERS shows child posting not adult.
It is also against forum rules.
Please get grown up person to explain to you.
well sorry about that,this is not my phone N I Was'nt aware of D rule.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kayconsult(m): 10:45am On Dec 14, 2013
Evad:
Good morning beautiful people of this thread, wanna say congrats to all those who got their trv abi na tvr whichever one, congrats

the last time I commented on this thread, a fool called ' bishop4APC' was high on some cheap crack and decided to cut in....well that one na anoda tory

with all your comments (even if y'll didn't know) I was able to renew my passport and already booked my flight

I wanna say thank you to all that commented positively to tyis thread, may y'LL get your wish and get to canny land

thank you!

Ps→ abeg who is leaving for ontario next month, make we collabo, at least make I know one familiar face for plane
#teamAirfrance
Hi Evad. Please do you have an idea of what it cost using D services of TORONTO'S INT'L airport shuttle 2 Onatario,I'll be leaving towards end of D month.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by humanshado: 12:32pm On Dec 14, 2013
OchukoII: Abeg what are the requirements at point of entry?

Also who dey Vancouver or who dey go vancouver? I dey find house.

Congratulations on your trv. I am also joining UBC in January 2014. I tried getting a room through kijiji.ca and craiglist with no success. They won't even respond to you, probably because I always mentioned that I am coming from 9ja - you know we a very 'popular'. I finally resigned to committing to university campus room which is way expensive ($794.50 a month), though I intend to stay for just one semester. I will advise you to:

1) Book few nights in bed and breakfast in Dunbar, Point Grey or Kitslano. These neighbourhoods are close to UBC campus with bus routes. From my experience with winter in the UK as a new student, it is fatal to arrive without somewhere to get some warmth. Another thing also at point of entry, the guys will want to see where you intend to live. Try www.booking.com for hotel booking. The good thing about this site is that you don't have to pay anything when you book.

2) Try checking off campus adverts on Student union site (AMS Society). There are various range of student friendly room. This is the only site I got responses and even some advice from some landlords. All the best.

When are you jetting out?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by OchukoII: 1:07pm On Dec 14, 2013
humanshado:

Congratulations on your trv. I am also joining UBC in January 2014. I tried getting a room through kijiji.ca and craiglist with no success. They won't even respond to you, probably because I always mentioned that I am coming from 9ja - you know we a very 'popular'. I finally resigned to committing to university campus room which is way expensive ($794.50 a month), though I intend to stay for just one semester. I will advise you to:

1) Book few nights in bed and breakfast in Dunbar, Point Grey or Kitslano. These neighbourhoods are close to UBC campus with bus routes. From my experience with winter in the UK as a new student, it is fatal to arrive without somewhere to get some warmth. Another thing also at point of entry, the guys will want to see where you intend to live. Try www.booking.com for hotel booking. The good thing about this site is that you don't have to pay anything when you book.

2) Try checking off campus adverts on Student union site (AMS Society). There are various range of student friendly room. This is the only site I got responses and even some advice from some landlords. All the best.

When are you jetting out?

Howdy Humanshado.
Thanks for your help. Appreciate it.I have done the booking. I have been checking the ams too. Oh boy na serious work. I plan to just do what I will on arrival sha. When are you leaving 9ja?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by temiefash: 1:40pm On Dec 14, 2013
marksum: Good mawnin bros..Plz I go lyk know, if I fit get refund of my board fee by the tym I get to centennial college..

I bought a one way so,I would not know.... i think its possible.when i spoke with someone at Turkish airline then,She told me that until i gets back to Nigeria,that's when i can make the claim back.....Aw many years is your study?You can always get a one-way if its more than a year now....

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by temiefash: 1:47pm On Dec 14, 2013
Anointed111: . Are u going to Centennial?? U dun chop trv? Pm if so. Tnx

@Anointed111 and @marksum...Team centennial....Abeg pm me make we arrange to hook-up...Lots of goodies they for ground n need arise to relate..thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Anointed111: 2:06pm On Dec 14, 2013
Evad:

thank you!

#teamAirfrance
. Which date u dey go?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Anointed111: 2:21pm On Dec 14, 2013
temie fash:

@Anointed111 and @marksum...Team centennial....Abeg pm me make we arrange to hook-up...Lots of goodies they for ground n need arise to relate..thanks
. Guy I dun pm u already
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Huzzie: 2:21pm On Dec 14, 2013
LIST OF MEDICAL HOPEFULS (WINTER - JANUARY2014)
1.Tobst JULY 12 Paper route
2.IJESA83 AUGUST 13 Paper route
3.SAP_Latunde AUGUST 14 Paper route
4.Adim02 AUGUST 19 Paper route
5.Zico07 AUGUST 20 Paper route
6.pirezo96 AUGUST 27 Paper route
7. Clow SEPTEMBER 9 Paper route
8.Kingsolve SEPTEMBER 16 Paper rout2
9.D_Fodio SEPTEMBER 23 Paper route
10.Hehasdoneitb4 NOVEMBER 5 Online route

N.B- If you have gotten your admission for winter and have applied for TRV. Please provide the following information
*submission date
**Mode of submission: online/paper

Cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Huzzie: 2:31pm On Dec 14, 2013
@ Temie fash...u go fear fear if I give u d list of those heading to centennial college this Winter...on the winter hopeful list centennial has the highest; so it all depends on your campus...God's willing we shall see very soon.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by almonche: 2:41pm On Dec 14, 2013
Huzzie: @ Temie fash...u go fear fear if I give u d list of those heading to centennial college this Winter...on the winter hopeful list centennial has the highest; so it all depends on your campus...God's willing we shall see very soon.

Hello, pls do u know anyone there in fleming college? thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Anointed111: 3:17pm On Dec 14, 2013
Huzzie: @ Temie fash...u go fear fear if I give u d list of those heading to centennial college this Winter...on the winter hopeful list centennial has the highest; so it all depends on your campus...God's willing we shall see very soon.
. Omo hwfa na?? U nor d reply ma pings since. Hw ur side, wen u wan storm cos I believe say ur trv dun d corner already grin. U dun submit ur sch fees receipt n every other thing for cdhc Wish u luck bro.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Huzzie: 3:43pm On Dec 14, 2013
almonche:

Hello, pls do u know anyone there in fleming college? thanks
To the best of my knowledge, we don't have anyone heading that way this winter...I may b wrong,though.
Anointed111: . Omo hwfa na?? U nor d reply ma pings since. Hw ur side, wen u wan storm cos I believe say ur trv dun d corner already grin. U dun submit ur sch fees receipt n every other thing for cdhc Wish u luck bro.
Tnx bro...I av met all instruction by CDHC#I return to prayer mode#insha'Allah my TRV is this coming week.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Itstyme(m): 5:53pm On Dec 14, 2013
Oyeleye2011: I apply to okanagan college this december for a diploma course by september, 2014 but since I send my application form and waec result to the admission e-mail, I have not received any message from the college. Is it that my application has been accepted or not. I put my mastercard detail in the application form for them to deduct the application fee. Please, am I on the right track of applying to this college or not. It is upto 2 weeks now. No response from the college. Pls anyone in okanagan college should help me out with the application process.

I will advise you call them on the phone to lay your complaint. That's quite better since u haven't gotten a response via email and moreover was the application fee ever deducted from your account? If no, then u haven't applied.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ukabrother: 5:57pm On Dec 14, 2013
parisbluefox: Thank GOD @UKbrother... I want to apply to that school for September 2015. I'M going for a 2 year Undergraduate diploma (Petroleum Engineering Technology). Please there are some issues i will like to clarify before i apply. Can i PM .you?
Ma man , i got ur email.Pls i wll reply u soon. Im have netwrk issue.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by parisbluefox: 6:00pm On Dec 14, 2013
@UKBROTHER.....OK BROTHER. I'M EXPECTING YOUR REPLY.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 6:07pm On Dec 14, 2013
....Nna guys don mistake me for CDHC....na me dem dey storm now.....imagine someone asking me he heard no more storming that when do I think his visa would be stamped...I be VO?...its not who u think guys....Ambeyh would av asked more advanced question like "do they deny Asaju medics applicants visa?" grin......

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by jacob512(m): 6:22pm On Dec 14, 2013
nas-jay:

just send me PM
...sorri bro... Wat do u mean by PM? Av sent u so many anonymous mail on naira. Plzzz i jst nid ur guideline as for d reapplying issue n help....tanx
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by missbon(f): 6:23pm On Dec 14, 2013
LOL, so funny chrigo dear grin
ChriGo: ....Nna guys don mistake me for CDHC....na me dem dey storm now.....imagine someone asking me he heard no more storming that when do I think his visa would be stamped...I be VO?...its not who u think guys....Ambeyh would av asked more advanced question like "do they deny Asaju clinic medics applicants visa?" grin......

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 6:25pm On Dec 14, 2013
....Phew!!!...everything all set...I must not miss free Lambton college package ....free Airport pickup,Free 5days temporary accommodation, free shuttle transit to new house,Free food and above all free woman for winter which I do not need grin.....My school should be Lambfree College not Lambton college.....Lol....

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by missbon(f): 6:37pm On Dec 14, 2013
LOL@lambfree, u def don't need the free woman chrigo dear kiss
ChriGo: ....Phew!!!...everything all set...I must not miss free Lambton college package ....free Airport pickup,Free 5days temporary accommodation, free shuttle transit to new house,Free food and above all free woman for winter which I do not need grin.....My school should be Lambfree College not Lambton college.....Lol....

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 6:39pm On Dec 14, 2013
miss bon: LOL@lambfree, u def don't need the free woman chrigo dear kiss
...grin....

(1) (2) (3) ... (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) ... (501)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.