Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,531 members, 7,972,020 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 08:46 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 5 - Travel (328) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 5 (630496 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 8:45am On Jul 09, 2014
If you are for winter session, I advice you wait and apply first week of September because of the volume of work the VOs have now.
You don't need police clearance if you are to apply online
Yes you need statement of purpose/letter of explanation cause it explains some of the things your documents can't explain, majority of people that didn't use statement of purpose used paper route
If you gonna use online route the time frame is between 2-3months

Good luck
kinnkw: Good evening house.
I have decided to go ahead to pay and apply for Trv with my conestoga admission, with hopes to transfer to Sait if I finally get admitted to the program i want for winter. This is to allow for Cic processing time.

I have also decided to go through the online route as i hear it is faster.
Please I will like to P.M anyone who got Trv though the online route, I have a few detailed questions to ask.

In addition I would like to know the Total processing time frame?, if I can use two sponsors while applying through the online route?
Did you provide a statement of purpose?
Did you provide a police report?
I know all these are provided in the paper route becos I worked with my older brother on his application 2yrs backs but i need t learn from someone who has the online experience.

Please I need information from anyone.
Thank you

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 9:28am On Jul 09, 2014
missbon: It is not compulsory for the online route

No,not required.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 9:35am On Jul 09, 2014
Finestlex: I used online route.. I included police clearance, two sponsors (dad and bro), statement of purpose, it took me 3wks and a day and I confirmed my trv.. In summary, God did it for me
Two of my co-workers got their vusain three days.
although,they applied for visiting not study.
I Believe that with God,All things are possible.
The funniest part was that a man with valid Usa two years visa was denied Canadian visa.
Its luck.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 9:40am On Jul 09, 2014
Well said
Haustraliah:
Two of my co-workers got their vusain three days.
although,they applied for visiting not study.
I Believe that with God,All things are possible.
The funniest part was that a man with valid Usa two years visa was denied Canadian visa.
Its luck.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by BadmanBoss: 10:11am On Jul 09, 2014
Hello house, my sponsor is abroad(my sister) but my family is based in Nigeria, will any issue of home ties arise in my app??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by BadmanBoss: 10:12am On Jul 09, 2014
Hello house, my sponsor is abroad(my sister) but my family is based in Nigeria, will any issue of home ties arise in my application??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by awe2015(f): 10:33am On Jul 09, 2014
wink
Slimdel: Pm me I will forward both sample and guideline to you
Cheers

Abeg no forget me Slimdel my email: jossyclar@gmail.com waiting preciously for it (sample of statement of purpose) ! cheesy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by awe2015(f): 10:35am On Jul 09, 2014
Finestlex: I used online route.. I included police clearance, two sponsors (dad and bro), statement of purpose, it took me 3wks and a day and I confirmed my trv.. In summary, God did it for me

I humbly need a list of documents I will use to apply through online route and is it a must to pay tuition before applying for visa?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by tillfinity: 10:39am On Jul 09, 2014
emperoracro:
Pls dont b crossed, hope u were able to get ur TRV?

Sorry I'm just replying. Just saw ur msg. Yes ive gotten ma trv...thanks to God
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 10:41am On Jul 09, 2014
Go check this site out and create your checklist www.cic.gc.ca and no its not a must you pay your fees before applying.

Cheers

awe2015:

I humbly need a list of documents I will use to apply through online route and is it a must to pay tuition before applying for visa?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 10:42am On Jul 09, 2014
Done
awe2015: wink

Abeg no forget me Slimdel my email: jossyclar@gmail.com waiting preciously for it (sample of statement of purpose) ! cheesy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by awe2015(f): 11:00am On Jul 09, 2014
Slimdel: Done

You tight!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 11:46am On Jul 09, 2014
awe2015:

You tight!

Please pass it on....I'll love to av it too
yomiraheem@yahoo.com

The sop and sponsorship letter if u've got one

And pls everyone on the online platform for application....are all documents going to be scanned?

Like your sop for instance, since u'll av to sign it, means u shud print it from d computer first bah?

If yes, does it mean everything from a-e jpeg file. Except the cic forms wey den say get electronic form of signature

I'll appreciate response house

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by vinnygod: 12:47pm On Jul 09, 2014
bashorunbazok:
All Canadian institutions I know of don't accept private email addresses such as yahoo, gmail and the likes.You have no choice than to contact those 'sadist'. However, you can make life easy for yourself by approaching nice ones among them. I noticed that the Prof's recommendation are usually tough to get except if he knows you well enough or he has a template for all student in which he only edit the name. Most times I use 'Mr' and Prof or 'Mr' and Dr. It has worked well for me because the 'Mr' won't make life difficult for you and I have never read in any admission requirement of any school stating that your recommendation must be from a Prof of Dr. But no doubt, using two Profs would make ur application seem strong, but I can assure you that it doesn't guarantee you admission.
N.B: I am talking from experience, gotten admission from an ivy league school before with recommendations from a 'Mr' and a Prof.No scholarship tho

"All Canadian institutions I know of don't accept private email addresses such as yahoo, gmail and the likes."Point of correction not all the universities in canada.I applied using mai lecturers as referees and both operate yahoos as their email handle. it may interest u to know that I got admitted via their recommendations...don't generalise it

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jul 09, 2014
Yes all documents are going to be scanned
You do not need printing your sop out for signing just write your name at the left hand side of the paper
Yes while scanning, please scan as jpeg first

Cheers
yomiraheem:

Please pass it on....I'll love to av it too
yomiraheem@yahoo.com

The sop and sponsorship letter if u've got one

And pls everyone on the online platform for application....are all documents going to be scanned?

Like your sop for instance, since u'll av to sign it, means u shud print it from d computer first bah?

If yes, does it mean everything from a-e jpeg file. Except the cic forms wey den say get electronic form of signature

I'll appreciate response house

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by yomisley: 1:22pm On Jul 09, 2014
i found a skul in canny and the deadline is for application is aug 1st, can i still meet up with the registration and all other things if i register now...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Galaxxy(m): 1:26pm On Jul 09, 2014
i applied via the online route: may 16,
biometrics: may 20
medicals instructions: June17
medicals done:July 2
visa chopped: July 7

10 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by bashorunbazok: 1:29pm On Jul 09, 2014
vinnygod:

"All Canadian institutions I know of don't accept private email addresses such as yahoo, gmail and the likes."Point of correction not all the universities in canada.I applied using mai lecturers as referees and both operate yahoos as their email handle. it may interest u to know that I got admitted via their recommendations...don't generalise it
Dude,
Read my statement again and u would see that I never generalized.U even misconstrued a statement u quoted may be due to eagerness to dispute what I said. I categorically said that I don't know of any...the English is very simple.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by missbon(f): 1:34pm On Jul 09, 2014
What u should know is that using sponsors abroad makes it difficult for u to convince the visa officer. It will be gud if you can include a family member based in ur country of residence as co-sponsor. Also a Job can help.as ties. Landed properties will also help.
All the best
BadmanBoss: Hello house, my sponsor is abroad(my sister) but my family is based in Nigeria, will any issue of home ties arise in my application??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by missbon(f): 1:35pm On Jul 09, 2014
Congratulations
Galaxxy: i applied via the online route: may 16,
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by missbon(f): 1:38pm On Jul 09, 2014
Getting admission is not the problem here, the main issue is can ur documents be ready for visa application as soon as possible? If not then u should choose a suitable start date. Betterstil choose the one you will have enough time to prepare. Avoid rush hours
yomisley: i found a skul in canny and the deadline is for application is aug 1st, can i still meet up with the registration and all other things if i register now...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Galaxxy(m): 1:38pm On Jul 09, 2014
missbon: Congratulations

thanks ma
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jul 09, 2014
Like a boss! cheesy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by missbon(f): 1:47pm On Jul 09, 2014
Am so sorry about the refusal....am sure God has better plans..
UzoTheZone: Hello everyone. I want to thank everyone who has specifically contributed to my application process. You've all been super kind and your insights have been very helpful.

Sadly, I got refused the visa today.

I wish everyone expecting medicals and trv God's favour.

Life moves on for me though.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Patdeka(f): 1:48pm On Jul 09, 2014

Congrats Galaxxy, Have a good stay at Usask. when are u leaving?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Hassan0007(m): 1:49pm On Jul 09, 2014
Slimdel: If you are for winter session, I advice you wait and apply first week of September because of the volume of work the VOs have now.
You don't need police clearance if you are to apply online
Yes you need statement of purpose/letter of explanation cause it explains some of the things your documents can't explain, majority of people that didn't use statement of purpose used paper route
If you gonna use online route the time frame is between 2-3months

Good luck

Hi as oga chrigo tell my application as been refuse due to the following reasons: 1, Your travel history 2, Length of proposed stay in canada 3, Purpose of visit 4, Your current employment situation 5, Your personal assets and financial status. What can I do help me guys.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by BaaleofMontreal: 1:56pm On Jul 09, 2014

Congrats sir
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jul 09, 2014
My uncle (sponsor) just called me now, that he received a call from the embassy not long ago. ...confirming our relationship and if he's truly gonna be responsible for my expenses and all. He confirmed and reaffirmed all.

I provided his letter-headed paper which carries all his #s

Is this the normal norm?

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by vinnygod: 2:01pm On Jul 09, 2014
yomisley: i found a skul in canny and the deadline is for application is aug 1st, can i still meet up with the registration and all other things if i register now...
If i may ask what session do u intend applying to? If the deadline is regard to fall session mennh 4get it but if it's winter then your good to go so long as you have all d necessary and supporting docx in place
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Galaxxy(m): 2:05pm On Jul 09, 2014
Patdeka:

Congrats Galaxxy, Have a good stay at Usask. when are u leaving?

next month by HIS grace. can u pls help with a cheap airline to saskatoon?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by vinnygod: 2:18pm On Jul 09, 2014
Galaxxy:

next month by HIS grace. can u pls help with a cheap airline to saskatoon?

Mennh!!! this is good news...hope you r preparing for thanksgiving ths sunday...congrat dude

(1) (2) (3) ... (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) ... (501)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.