Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,476 members, 7,971,778 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 03:23 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 5 - Travel (476) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 5 (630465 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (473) (474) (475) (476) (477) (478) (479) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by dondondee1: 12:08pm On Aug 03, 2014
Good day house, please i just got admitted into uwo for january 2015, please i want to know if transferring money(tution +living expense) into my student account alone enough proof of funding, and can i withdraw money from the account on arrival. thanks

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 1:19pm On Aug 03, 2014
SavedbyYaweh:
No i want to go in person n Thanks

All right!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 1:24pm On Aug 03, 2014
All I see is ...medicalsssssssss and TRVssssssss this week.

It's your time! smiley

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by blink6(m): 1:30pm On Aug 03, 2014
Amefrica: All I see is ...medicalsssssssss and TRVssssssss this week.

It's your time! smiley
Amen brov...

I dey!.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 1:40pm On Aug 03, 2014
blink6:
Amen brov...

I dey!.

Yes bazz!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by royalblood21: 2:11pm On Aug 03, 2014
Oseni007: Good day people,this is my first post here,been denied US visa 5times,the last been thursay(31st august).I was advised to try canada,plss anybody with information or names of school in canada that has JANUARy intake for msc management or mba,pls your input will be appreciated ,thank you
5 times? shocked oga u get mind ooo... Canada will open way for U inshaAllahu!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ElCapt: 2:17pm On Aug 03, 2014
dondondee1: Good day house, please i just got admitted into uwo for january 2015, please i want to know if transferring money(tution +living expense) into my student account alone enough proof of funding, and can i withdraw money from the account on arrival. thanks

Hello.

Happy Sunday,

Sure you can, provided the money is sufficient to cover those expenses and you supply the necessary documents (printed student account details, receipts and a letter from the school confirming your payment) to show it.

However I'm not sure if you can withdraw from your student account. But I feel, provided you have cash more than your tuition then there should be a setup depending on your school to address such issue.

I will advice you contact the student account dept. of that school for more info about withdrawing.

Cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by twoc: 2:45pm On Aug 03, 2014

It's your time! smiley
Amen, pls kindly confirm this information and advise. I was told by a friend that she was requested to show evidence that her sch fees and accommodation has been paid after she was called for medicals. she did paper route.
im done with my medical using the online route to apply.pls will I be required to send any other document with my passport?
Also im going for a yr prog, im I supposed to buy a one way ticket or a return ticket?
thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by dondondee1: 3:12pm On Aug 03, 2014
ElCapt:

Hello.

Happy Sunday,

Sure you can, provided the money is sufficient to cover those expenses and you supply the necessary documents (printed student account details, receipts and a letter from the school confirming your payment) to show it.

However I'm not sure if you can withdraw from your student account. But I feel, provided you have cash more than your tuition then there should be a setup depending on your school to address such issue.

I will advice you contact the student account dept. of that school for more info about withdrawing.

Cheers
Thanks for the response, please i would also like to ask what are the medical tests one will take. thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Huzzie: 3:33pm On Aug 03, 2014
Haustraliah: 1. Halle2: June 6, MUN online route,TRV
chopped
2. Aulor: June 6, USASK paper route.
3. Owenizes: June 11, Humber college. Online
route.
4. Amefrica: June 13, University of Prince. TRV
choped Loading Edward Island(UPEI) Online
route.
5. mPop: June 13, Centennial college online
route.
6. haustraliah : June 22, medicine hat college
online route.
7.Akanni: July 3, Umanitoba.Online route
8. Parisbluefox: July 7, Memorial University Of
Newfoundland, Online.TRV loading
9. Kanny1: July 18,memorial University of
Newfoundland online route:
10: Divalavender : May Humber college ,paper
route , (Fall/Sept -2014)
N.B- If you have gotten your admission for
spring/summer and have for TRV.
Please provide the following information
*submission date **Mode of submission:
online/paper ***Institution
Now I understand why i haven't seen alot of Nigerians at Brock....Ladies and Gentlemen abeg; na beg I dey beg oooo, no shakara at all....make una come Brock university, funding yapa for master programmes in Politics&Int'l relations, geography, msc in management etc....
On a serious note, it quite astonishing to see a lot of Ghanaians in fully funded programmes here without a single Nigerian; most Nigerians in St Catharines have either completed their PGD or currently enrolled at Niagara College....you could check it out especially if your course is among the ones mentioned above.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by blurap(m): 3:37pm On Aug 03, 2014
Pls is dis forum still active pls house i applied for second degree in university of lethbridge buh was refused ma application for student visa however i want to apply to memorial university for graduate diploma program buh was thinking do i have to send my transcript again or can i use d student number i have been giving in wen i applied at university of lethbridge to apply to memorial university will it automatically provide the school my previous document i have sent before to university or lethbridge or can i ask d uleth to help transfer my transcript to the new school i want to apply to
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ElCapt: 3:38pm On Aug 03, 2014
dondondee1:
Thanks for the response, please i would also like to ask what are the medical tests one will take. thanks

Uwc.

standard physical examination (eye..etc.), blood tests, urine tests, and X-Rays.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 3:46pm On Aug 03, 2014
blurap: Pls is dis forum still in active

smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 3:47pm On Aug 03, 2014
twoc:
Amen, pls kindly confirm this information and advise. I was told by a friend that she was requested to show evidence that her sch fees and accommodation has been paid after she was called for medicals. she did paper route.
im done with my medical using the online route to apply.pls will I be required to send any other document with my passport?
Also im going for a yr prog, im I supposed to buy a one way ticket or a return ticket?
thanks

Additional documents is a norm for paper routers (not all)..

Just calm, your TRV go drop soon. Most peeps I know (including me) weren't asked to submit that -- didn't pay any shishi whatsoever ..and we smile at our TRV everyday.

Congrats in adv.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 3:51pm On Aug 03, 2014
Huzzie:
Now I understand why i haven't seen alot of Nigerians at Brock....Ladies and Gentlemen abeg; na beg I dey beg oooo, no shakara at all....make una come Brock university, funding yapa for master programmes in Politics&Int'l relations, geography, msc in management etc....
On a serious note, it quite astonishing to see a lot of Ghanaians in fully funded programmes here without a single Nigerian; most Nigerians in St Catharines have either completed their PGD or currently enrolled at Niagara College....you could check it out especially if your course is among the ones mentioned above.

Boss Huzzie, I hail oo.. How do you do?

Bolded: how about undergraduates? cheesy I might run this underground while deferring my admission..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 3:56pm On Aug 03, 2014
dondondee1:

Err .. Erm .. Weight, height, blood pressure, eye test, blood test, urine test, body check (you have to strip -- with boxers, pants and bra left).

To all the ladies in the house ...I hail una oo grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by giggsy: 3:58pm On Aug 03, 2014
Hello everyone. I plan to study for a 1 year Certificate course in Canada in September 2015 and I have contacted three schools concerning the admission requirements. They have all requested for my high school/secondary school transcripts in addition to my post-secondary/degree transcripts. Please has anyone been able to successfully collect transcripts from their secondary schools; is this possible? Its a bit of a challenge to obtain them. I currently have my WAEC Certificate and my degree transcripts. Thank you for your help and good luck with all your TRV applicatiions.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Mohammedbashir: 4:01pm On Aug 03, 2014

It's your time! smiley

Amen brov.. BGG..

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 4:33pm On Aug 03, 2014
giggsy: Hello everyone. I plan to study for a 1 year Certificate course in Canada in September 2015 and I have contacted three schools concerning the admission requirements. They have all requested for my high school/secondary school transcripts in addition to my post-secondary/degree transcripts. Please has anyone been able to successfully collect transcripts from their secondary schools; is this possible? Its a bit of a challenge to obtain them. I currently have my WAEC Certificate and my degree transcripts. Thank you for your help and good luck with all your TRV applicatiions.
when my school requested for transcript, all I tender was my o level result,because it shows my grades,and I also sent scratch card for confirmation.
In order to waive my post secondary school transcripts, I filled NO,while filling my application at the stage of (have you attended any post secondary education?).
since the program I intended to study is a diploma program.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by akosh005: 4:45pm On Aug 03, 2014
giggsy: Hello everyone. I plan to study for a 1 year Certificate course in Canada in September 2015 and I have contacted three schools concerning the admission requirements. They have all requested for my high school/secondary school transcripts in addition to my post-secondary/degree transcripts. Please has anyone been able to successfully collect transcripts from their secondary schools; is this possible? Its a bit of a challenge to obtain them. I currently have my WAEC Certificate and my degree transcripts. Thank you for your help and good luck with all your TRV applicatiions.

Bro, if u re for PGD program. Send ur waec certificate, ur university statement of result n waec scratch card. Is ur sch dat will send d transcript to them though u might scan n forward ur own copy also. Cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by tillfinity: 4:46pm On Aug 03, 2014
Afternoon house, travelling today...wu else is smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 4:54pm On Aug 03, 2014
tillfinity: Afternoon house, travelling today...wu else is smiley

Safe trip, bro!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by tillfinity: 4:57pm On Aug 03, 2014
Amefrica:

Safe trip, bro!

Thanks padi

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by tillfinity: 4:59pm On Aug 03, 2014
Abeg shey i fit carry indomie noodles and agbo?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by BonHomme(m): 5:01pm On Aug 03, 2014
Amefrica:

Err .. Erm .. Weight, height, blood pressure, eye test, blood test, urine test, body check (you have to strip -- with boxers, pants and bra left).

To all the ladies in the house ...I hail una oo grin

Hmmm....we dint have to strip @Qlife family clinic o!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 5:05pm On Aug 03, 2014
BonHomme:

Hmmm....we dint have to strip @Qlife family clinic o!

Hahahaha una lucky oo. We strip baje baje for Asaju! grin grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 5:08pm On Aug 03, 2014
tillfinity: Abeg shey i fit carry indomie noodles and agbo?

Yea sure!

Spread the noodles on your clothes ... Make sure the agbo is dried one oo and inside transparent bottle, like Eva, Ragolis etc, no put water sha oo.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by tillfinity: 5:12pm On Aug 03, 2014
Amefrica:

Yea sure!

Spread the noodles on your clothes ... Make sure the agbo is dried one oo and inside transparent bottle, like Eva, Ragolis etc, no put water sha oo.

Thanks jare, Cos I hear say dem no dey allow am for America...'chicken flavor'
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by tillfinity: 5:15pm On Aug 03, 2014
@amefrica...Buh i left it in the pack o, d new noodles packaging...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 5:18pm On Aug 03, 2014
tillfinity:

Thanks jare, Cos I hear say dem no dey allow am for America...'chicken flavor'

Maggi cubes are allowed, tho those ppl dey do craze sometimes but I know too many people that carried it. Wrap it well with newspaper!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 5:19pm On Aug 03, 2014
tillfinity: @amefrica...Buh i left it in the pack o, d new noodles packaging...

Why not just discard the carton?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by BonHomme(m): 5:21pm On Aug 03, 2014
Amefrica:

Hahahaha una lucky oo. We strip baje baje for Asaju! grin grin

Heya, we commot shirt, shoes and socks too sha. But my jeans trousers stayed on!

(1) (2) (3) ... (473) (474) (475) (476) (477) (478) (479) ... (501)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.