Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,563 members, 7,929,803 topics. Date: Friday, 23 August 2024 at 11:37 PM

Oliseh:ethiopia's Coach Is Africa Best - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Oliseh:ethiopia's Coach Is Africa Best (714 Views)

No Nigerian Coach Is Good Enough To Handle The Super Eagles – Babayaro / Vincent Enyeama Named Africa's Best Player So Far / Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oliseh:ethiopia's Coach Is Africa Best by ksam(m): 1:47pm On Oct 12, 2013
Sunday Oliseh has described Ethiopia's coach Sewnet Bishaw as one of the best on the continent.
In a preview of Nigeria's upcoming World Cup qualifier against the Walya Antelopes on his personal website, the former Super Eagles midfielder practically described Bishaw as the best coach in Africa.
"Ethiopia’s head coach Sewnet Bishaw is one of the best coaches in Africa (if not the best) based on what he has been able to achieve with this team and the materials available at his disposal," Oliseh wrote.
"Very thoughtful in his remarks which even when seeming lose have a well thought objective behind every word."
Oliseh warned the Stephen Keshi-led Nigerian team that beating Ethiopia will not be a walk in the park, adding that they were one of the best teams at the Nations Cup earlier in the year.
"The team in my opinion was at the group stages of the Afcon 2013 the best African Team.
"They were collective, physical, enterprising and one could see in the team that they had so many prepared schemes that they put up on display at all times and had they had a better striker would have qualified to the next round at the detriment of either Nigeria or Burkina Faso, Two teams who eventually got to the finals!"
Re: Oliseh:ethiopia's Coach Is Africa Best by phecs: 1:54pm On Oct 12, 2013
I doubt Oliseh present state of mind!!!he must be loosin it up there!best coach ko best coach ni!
Re: Oliseh:ethiopia's Coach Is Africa Best by ksam(m): 3:43pm On Oct 12, 2013
What about Carpe Verde,Zambia and BurkinaFaso coach? what was Ethiopia performance in the nation cup? they could not even go beyond the group stage...
Ethiopia 1 vs 1 Zambia
Ethiopia 0 vs 4 BurkinaFaso
Ethiopia 0 vs 2 Nigeria
so i wonder how such coach is the best coach in Africa...seriously am beginning to loose respect for this this Sunday Oliseh,if you want the super eagles job,is this the best way to go about it? I have been noticing this guy right from the nations cup,that was how he castigate the super eagles before they played Ivory coast...if he wants to coach any team,he should start with Guinea,Gambia or Sudan, Keishi did it with Togo and Mali and he proved himself

2 Likes

Re: Oliseh:ethiopia's Coach Is Africa Best by lexyman(m): 8:46pm On Oct 12, 2013
Somebody is confused here ! Success is been measured on what ground?

Ethiopia has 't done anything spectacular in d past , even at the moment they "re just trying .... Ethiopia that could not win a team of 10men .... Pls someone should wake this guy up !
Re: Oliseh:ethiopia's Coach Is Africa Best by Afam4eva(m): 8:54pm On Oct 12, 2013
lexyman: Somebody is confused here ! Success is been measured on what ground?

Ethiopia has 't done anything spectacular in d past , even at the moment they "re just trying .... Ethiopia that could not win a team of 10men .... Pls someone should wake this guy up !
You don't always judge a team by what competitions they've won but by how much they have improved relative to where they were previously. The coach is definitely one of the best for turning a relatively obscure team to one of the forces to be reckoned with.

Btw, Oliseh only described him as one of the best and not the best. I know some people will say he's beefing Keshi.
Re: Oliseh:ethiopia's Coach Is Africa Best by lexyman(m): 10:06pm On Oct 12, 2013
Afam4eva:
You don't always judge a team by what competitions they've won but by how much they have improved relative to where they were previously. The coach is definitely one of the best for turning a relatively obscure team to one of the forces to be reckoned with.

Btw, Oliseh only described him as one of the best and not the best. I know some people will say he's beefing Keshi.

Bro , what "s d usefulness of a team , if a team can"t win in a competition @least they shld be among the best 4team in a competition ... I stand to be corrected ... Even in FIFA ranking ,country earns their points based on team successful performance not based on how well they played .
Re: Oliseh:ethiopia's Coach Is Africa Best by Afam4eva(m): 10:09pm On Oct 12, 2013
lexyman:

Bro , what "s d usefulness of a team , if a team can"t win in a competition @least they shld be among the best 4team in a competition ... I stand to be corrected ... Even in FIFA ranking ,country earns their points based on team successful performance not based on how well they played .
Ethiopia wouldn't be in this stage of the qualifiers if they weren't good. They may not have won the nations cup or any competition for that matter but one can see a massive improvement in that team and it's only a matter of time before they start winning competitions. Their improvement is similar to what Russia experienced under Gius Hiddink.
Re: Oliseh:ethiopia's Coach Is Africa Best by lexyman(m): 10:27pm On Oct 12, 2013
Afam4eva:
Ethiopia wouldn't be in this stage of the qualifiers if they weren't good. They may not have won the nations cup or any competition for that matter but one can see a massive improvement in that team and it's only a matter of time before they start winning competitions. Their improvement is similar to what Russia experienced under Gius Hiddink.

But my argument still stands , that a successful coach is a coach that his team wins in a competition and it's too early for Oliseh to mention Ethiopia"s coach as one of the best in Africa ...I don"t want to believe Oliseh is playing a mind game ...

(1) (Reply)

Ivory Coast Slaying Senegal 3-1 / Real Madrid And Juventus Boss Kissed After The 2-2 Lastnight. Weird!!!!! / Man Utd VS Arsenal (MATCH PREVIEW).. who is going to win ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.