Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,806 members, 7,972,882 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 09:28 PM

Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) - Education (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) (27090 Views)

Nairaland Educatn Section End Of The Year Party Planning Thread / NISD Second Edition (Planning Thread) / Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by shakur07(m): 8:43pm On Oct 15, 2013
nice project OP *

13 and 21
Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by Fynestboi: 8:52pm On Oct 15, 2013
Fynestboi: Suggested topics so far...

1. Strike: A wrong approach to Nigeria education problems.

2. ASUU: To be or not?

3. SINGLE SEX SCHOOLS ARE GOOD FOR EDUCATION

4. Children need to be exposed to the opposite sex in preparation for later life.

5.University education should be free.

6. Science is a threat to humanity.

7. It is sometimes right for the government to restrict freedom of speech.

8. Is Religion Part of the Problem In Nigerian Politics?

9. Nigeria Isn't Practising Democracy. True or False?

10. Childhood Experience Is Responsible For How People Turn Out?

11. Cloning: Right or Wrong?

12. Negligence of The Education Sector Is Responsible For The Present State of The Nation.

13. Should Post Utme examination be conducted in Nigeria Universities?

14. single sex schools are better than mixed sex schools

15.corruption is better compared to armed robbery in Nigeria

16. Conversion of all polytechnics to universities will create more harm than good.

17. scrapping courses in Humanities and Arts in Nigerian Universities to reduce mass unemployment.

18. "Nigeria Education should take 20% of annual budget

19. " Nigeria private universities should be non-profit institutions.

20. Nigerian student to learn french.

21. Genuises are born not made.

22. ASUU STRIKE : FG OR ASUU, WHO IS TO BR BLAMED?

23. Primary child educators, teachers or parents?

24. MASS FAILURE IN THE 2013 UTME,WHO TO BE BLAMED?

25.ASUU strike a threat to nigeria education.
Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by quivah(f): 8:56pm On Oct 15, 2013

Is taking the lead...:/
Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by Fynestboi: 8:57pm On Oct 15, 2013
quivah: 13

Is taking the lead...:/
thanks for your observation..
Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by AttahOjoma(f): 9:06pm On Oct 15, 2013
6 & 19
Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by Nobody: 9:07pm On Oct 15, 2013
13 and 21
Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by Nobody: 9:07pm On Oct 15, 2013
13 nd 21
Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by Fynestboi: 9:08pm On Oct 15, 2013
Tommybob: henhen..... Dat means i ll go for 13 nd 21 niyen ooo

abeg! Watz the full meaning of "OP"?
original poster...
Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by Nobody: 9:10pm On Oct 15, 2013
Fynestboi: original poster...
ok! Thanks.
Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by Fynestboi: 10:18pm On Oct 15, 2013
More selection are welcome....

Just indicate two topics with their numbering out of the listed ones.....
Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by Oluwatola5(f): 10:20pm On Oct 15, 2013
1 and 21
Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by Obinoscopy(m): 10:21pm On Oct 15, 2013

Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by tIce(m): 10:45pm On Oct 15, 2013
Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by Fynestboi: 10:59pm On Oct 15, 2013
I guess we are makng progress.. smiley
Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by Mikebis(m): 11:11pm On Oct 15, 2013
Indeed we are...
Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by OMA4U(m): 11:43pm On Oct 15, 2013
Fynestboy, why don't you introduce other Mods, so as to find the coordinating easier.

As per the topics, I go with:
8 and 10

I wish every effort to make this happen wouldn't be futile.
Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by Nobody: 11:50pm On Oct 15, 2013

Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by Fynestboi: 11:54pm On Oct 15, 2013
OMA4U: Fynestboy, why don't you introduce other Mods, so as to find the coordinating easier.

As per the topics, I go with:
8 and 10

I wish every effort to make this happen wouldn't be futile.
i do.. I think i would have to do that again....
Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by Fynestboi: 11:58pm On Oct 15, 2013
smiley
Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by Nobody: 12:56am On Oct 16, 2013
22 n 24
Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by Nobody: 1:05am On Oct 16, 2013

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by olalerey(m): 7:30am On Oct 16, 2013
7 nd 13
Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by infoscope(m): 8:00am On Oct 16, 2013
1 and 22
Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by Illuminatus(m): 8:13am On Oct 16, 2013
OKAY. So I've been observing the thread and it's just so irritating. You guys grumble a lot. He uses color, he uses smiley, he should pick topics, he should take up a partner, blah, blah, blah. It's making me sick. The coordinator is doing a good job already. But if you (especially the "judges"wink feel like he isn't doing something right, PM him and call his attention to it. Don't paste it on here.
We all read have the introduction. We saw how things were originally planned to be. But once the thread was open, things became hectic. Why can't we just follow the process he has thought up? HE is the coordinator. And while he could listen to our complaints and suggestions, he isn't duty bound to act on every one of them. Coordinating this forum is hard job (ever tried teaching a Primary 1 class), please let's cut him so slack and help him (in a matured way) make this debate a mind blowing one.
Simply pick the two you like. Forget about how we're going to arrive at two topics.
Have a splendid day.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by Mikebis(m): 8:28am On Oct 16, 2013
I think judges nd fynestboi shld pick a topic that is best for this debate,beta dan askn d debaters to chose a topic that wl suite dem or jst to favour them,that hw is been done,no debates makes topic 4 debate,the organizers for the debates brings a topic nd any one interested wll accept the topic,suporting or opposing,weda the topic is more challengn or not,we debaters av to comply because we av no choice.that ma idea.
Thank u
Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by Fynestboi: 8:34am On Oct 16, 2013
Mikebis: I think judges nd fynestboi shld pick a topic that is best for this debate,beta dan askn d debaters to chose a topic that wl suite dem or jst to favour them,that hw is been done,no debates makes topic 4 debate,the organizers for the debates brings a topic nd any one interested wll accept the topic,suporting or opposing,weda the topic is more challengn or not,we debaters av to comply because we av no choice.that ma idea.
Thank u
good idea let me see what i can do about that.
Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by Illuminatus(m): 8:40am On Oct 16, 2013
Mikebis: I think judges nd fynestboi shld pick a topic that is best for this debate,beta dan askn d debaters to chose a topic that wl suite dem or jst to favour them,that hw is been done,no debates makes topic 4 debate,the organizers for the debates brings a topic nd any one interested wll accept the topic,suporting or opposing,weda the topic is more challengn or not,we debaters av to comply because we av no choice.that ma idea.
Thank u
I think what the coordinator had in mind was to make the forum as democratic as possible. While the current process isn't exactly ideal for you, it is interesting
Re: Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) by quivah(f): 8:48am On Oct 16, 2013
I think its rather late to start again...
But I suggest,the op and the judges should choose between the already leading topics(we need people's interests as well)..

You can get the two topics out of the topics with more votes,while you drop the rest..
I.e,10,21,13 are taking the lead..(just an observation)
The two needed topics should come out of this!!
I can't imagine my self debating on " 7 and 8" here in an education section..

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (38) (Reply)

ASUU: FG Reveals When Strike Will Be Called Off / Pls I Need My Waec Gce Center Number / Help Needed Urgently, How Do I Receive Cash From Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.