Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,558 members, 7,888,790 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 03:18 PM

PDP Leading In Delta Central Polls - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Leading In Delta Central Polls (2216 Views)

Bayelsa Southern Ijaw Results As It Trickles In.. Pdp Leading / INEC Suspends Result Collation In Delta Central (vanguard) / APC Denies Adopting Keyamo As Delta Central Senatorial Seat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Leading In Delta Central Polls by Nobody: 7:23pm On Oct 12, 2013
Not eligible to vote but these are the results I could source out here in Warri...the PDP appears to be heading for a massive victory

#DeltaStateSenatorialElection #Results :
Igbeku Open Space: PDP - 538. DPP - 35. APC - 3." Cc
Amukpe WARD,PDP = 2424 Votes. DPP = 672 Votes. APC = 105 Votes.
#Results : Ajumele Polling Unit. PDP - 283. DPP - 69. APC - 39"
Igbeku Open Space: PDP - 538. DPP - 35. APC - 3

RESULTS FROM SOME UNITS IN ALADJA WARD 10
Unit 9- PDP 686,APC 69,DPP 41,
Unit 14-PDP 868,APC 21, DPP 11
Ughelli Isoko road ward 2/6 pdp 31 apc 19 dpp 0.
Another Unit pdp 49 dpp 55 apc 4.
Uwie ward 1 unit 1 PTI Campus: PDP 657, DPP 1, APC
Jeddo- unit 9... PDP:123, DPP 13, APC-11, LP-11.
Unit 18, PDP- 23? DPP 3, APC-1, LP- 1,
Unit 11: PDP- 68, DPP4, LP- 2
Unit 12,PDP 26, LP 12,
Okpe ward 6 unit 8
APC 45, DPP54, PDP 65
Oviri-Ogor Unit 7 PDP417,DPP 15 APC 111..
Unit 8 PDP 202.DPP 118.APC 114
while unit 9 PDP 421, DPP 92, APC 13
Ethiope Primary school Okirigwe. PDP - 432. DPP - 13. APC - 0.
Ibada Amukpe Polling Unit. PDP - 86. DPP - 25. APC - 6.
Community Hall, Amukpe. PDP 202. DPP 38. APC 19
Re: PDP Leading In Delta Central Polls by Nobody: 7:30pm On Oct 12, 2013
This election is like a prelude to 2015...a warning to opposition parties to realise that they don't win elections on newspaper pages or online blogs,APC and DPP made all the noise but the PDP did the groundwork and have secured nearly 70% of the cast votes...the people of delta central have made their choice,politics is a game of numbers

1 Like

Re: PDP Leading In Delta Central Polls by atlwireles: 7:34pm On Oct 12, 2013
PDP is doing really well in Udu a very strong DPP LGA. Looks like a landslide
Re: PDP Leading In Delta Central Polls by Goddex: 7:34pm On Oct 12, 2013
Delta State is a PDP state. Besides, the DPP and 'Great Ogboru' effect is whittled down in that senatorial zone with the dead of the late senator. I predict the results in this order:

PDP............winner

DPP............2nd

APC.............3rd
Re: PDP Leading In Delta Central Polls by lincolnj88: 7:38pm On Oct 12, 2013
Men pdp won udu lga... .dey won my ward with 2045 vote to 234 of dpp and 12 of apc......ogodogun ovwian ward......d election is free and fair
Re: PDP Leading In Delta Central Polls by gramci: 7:41pm On Oct 12, 2013
Patiently waiting for the arrival of APC's e-urchins
Re: PDP Leading In Delta Central Polls by teskyg: 7:51pm On Oct 12, 2013
Bring in Justice Salami (APC Chieftain).
Re: PDP Leading In Delta Central Polls by Nobody: 7:56pm On Oct 12, 2013
Goddex: Delta State is a PDP state. Besides, the DPP and 'Great Ogboru' effect is whittled down in that senatorial zone with the dead of the late senator. I predict the results in this order:

PDP............winner

DPP............2nd

APC.............3rd
Indeed I agree delta is a core PDP state , even Great Ogboru's DPP that used to provide some semblance of opposition collapsed right in its urhobo heartland, why I consider it a significant defeat for the opposition is cuz they made so much noise prior to the polls ,the APC even brought two of their sitting govs to campaign wanting to make a valuable incursion into the niger delta yet they brought up a political featherweight to face the PDP machinery, I do hope this election should let them know that defeating the PDP is no easy task and I doubt they would be able to overhaul them in 2015,
Re: PDP Leading In Delta Central Polls by gramci: 8:02pm On Oct 12, 2013
teskyg: Bring in Justice Salami (APC Chieftain).

disgraced justice salami?
Re: PDP Leading In Delta Central Polls by kkkp: 8:03pm On Oct 12, 2013
Do peoples vote still count in Nigeria
Re: PDP Leading In Delta Central Polls by gramci: 8:22pm On Oct 12, 2013
kkkp:

Do peoples vote still count in Nigeria

yes
Re: PDP Leading In Delta Central Polls by Nobody: 8:30pm On Oct 12, 2013
Ngige this one na sample o, better step down for Sir Willy or taste defeat wrapped in moi moi foil

2 Likes

Re: PDP Leading In Delta Central Polls by duality(m): 8:48pm On Oct 12, 2013
If this is real, then it is a Landslid victory for the winner.

Barr. Keyamo. will he still run for governor in delta state? If I advise him some of his party faithfuls on this forum will attack me. so I'll keep my advice to myself.
Re: PDP Leading In Delta Central Polls by lincolnj88: 8:54pm On Oct 12, 2013
Men apc only got 12 votes in my ward
Re: PDP Leading In Delta Central Polls by lincolnj88: 8:59pm On Oct 12, 2013
If apc is wining moderators will take dis to fp......but opposite is d case.'.......take dis thread to fp before we vex delete our nairaland account...
Re: PDP Leading In Delta Central Polls by homesteady(m): 8:59pm On Oct 12, 2013
I can't just wait for November 16th cool grin
Re: PDP Leading In Delta Central Polls by Goddex: 9:05pm On Oct 12, 2013
gramci: Patiently waiting for the arrival of APC's e-urchins

They will soon come to tell you the election was rigged.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Leading In Delta Central Polls by Elueme: 9:41pm On Oct 12, 2013
Goddex:

Don't mind those swallats!. Old man Gb.we and his screw will be looking for a flimsy excuse to explain away their unpopularity and shameful defeat. When you tell them this is Niger delta and we run things while things don't run us, they start drooling all over the thread. I just pity Ngige, already the smell of defeat has made him crying over the media houses that Obi is sponsoring the defacement and destruction of his posters.
Re: PDP Leading In Delta Central Polls by Brimmie(m): 9:54pm On Oct 12, 2013
Fweshhh Aiirrrrrr
Re: PDP Leading In Delta Central Polls by Nobody: 10:24pm On Oct 12, 2013
Goddex:

which election was rigged? I'm in warri and I witnessed everytin, if our so called opposition keep fieldin unpopular non-performers, they will face bigger humilation come 2015. Mark my word.
Re: PDP Leading In Delta Central Polls by atlwireles: 10:31pm On Oct 12, 2013
PDP back in charge in delta central. Now the gods are happy. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: PDP Leading In Delta Central Polls by kunle4toyeyaho: 10:40pm On Oct 12, 2013
emk4lif: This election is like a prelude to 2015...a warning to opposition parties to realise that they don't win elections on newspaper pages or online blogs,APC and DPP made all the noise but the PDP did the groundwork and have secured nearly 70% of the cast votes...the people of delta central have made their choice,politics is a game of numbers
how did they make noise on pages of newspaper ? Don't u know u can have the grip/control of a state if your party is in power(governorship)? Pdp won the election only because they hav a stronger structure in place in delta state.Let them try it in osun state and see whether the Pdp would not be defeated.
Re: PDP Leading In Delta Central Polls by atlwireles: 10:47pm On Oct 12, 2013
kunle4toye@yaho:
how did they make noise on pages of newspaper ? Don't u know u can have the grip/control of a state if your party is in power(governorship)? Pdp won the election only because they hav a stronger structure in place in delta state.Let them try it in osun state and see whether the Pdp would not be defeated.

Why was DPP in control of the zone before now
Re: PDP Leading In Delta Central Polls by Nobody: 11:02pm On Oct 12, 2013
kunle4toye@yaho:
Indeed the PDP would prolly lose in Osun but I doubt they'll perform this poor...the PDP always puts up a good show and typically gets at least 40% of votes in places where they are weak but the APC can barely get 10% in PDP strongholds...this will always be the opposition's achilles' heel
.btw I'm no supporter of PDP nor the APC, I consider both the same breed ,rather I'll look at the individual candidature
Re: PDP Leading In Delta Central Polls by donphilopus: 11:06pm On Oct 12, 2013
Rigging tinz on point, i won't be surprised if the total number of voters exceed the numbers INEC presented.
Delta is known for Rigging
Re: PDP Leading In Delta Central Polls by franchizy(m): 11:10pm On Oct 12, 2013
I condemn this results, I condemn it, I condemn it. Even earlier b4 the election begun, the PDP were intimidating everyone wit soldiers only 4 dem to rig d election. I blame GEJ and Jega for this riging, they promised us free and fair election but we saw the contrary today.
I smell violence will erupt in Warri very soon. All those supporting the PDP here are all acomplices to todays election riging. Shame on all of u
Re: PDP Leading In Delta Central Polls by donphilopus: 11:20pm On Oct 12, 2013
(URHOBOTODAY)-Information reaching Urhobotoday has affirmed that hoodlums suspected to member of one of the political parties whose candidate are contesting the Delta Central Senatorial election has snatched a ballot boxes and voting materials as INEC officials were moving the materials to Imohwe polling booth at Ekiugbo, Ughelli North LGA, Delta State.

Urhobotoday correspondent monitoring the election at Ekiugbo axis reported that hoodlums who were shooting sporadically into the air stopped the vehicle conveying the voting materials to the polling booth and ordered the occupants out of the vehicle after which they sped away with the ballot box, voting papers and other electoral materials.

The occupants of the vehicle who are four youth corpers, a uniform para-military man and the driver later took another vehicle to an unknown destination.

Report has it that the polling booth where the ballot boxes and material were snatched is made up of mostly the supporters of DPP and APC. It is suspected that the hoodlums who snatched the voting materials may be working for PDP.

As when going to press, polling booths at Ekiugbo Primary school, Oseri and St Theresa Grammar school all located at Ekiugbo, Ughelli North LGA have no gotten voting materials. Meanwhile voters who arrived at the various polling booths as early as 7 am have been lamenting and complaining of non-availability of voting materials.

SOURCE: www.urhobotoday.com/?p=8843
Election Rigged Or Not??
Re: PDP Leading In Delta Central Polls by Goddex: 11:24pm On Oct 12, 2013
franchizy: I condemn this results, I condemn it, I condemn it. Even earlier b4 the election begun, the PDP were intimidating everyone wit soldiers only 4 dem to rig d election. I blame GEJ and Jega for this riging, they promised us free and fair election but we saw the contrary today.
I smell violence will erupt in Warri very soon. All those supporting the PDP here are all acomplices to todays election riging. Shame on all of u

Hahahahahaha. . . kidding right?
Re: PDP Leading In Delta Central Polls by Goddex: 11:42pm On Oct 12, 2013
PDP in Early Lead

• Low Turnout, As DPP Rejects Result  • APC Alleges Rigging

• Corps Members Protest Non-payment Of Allowances

REPORTS Saturday night, say the Peoples Democratic Party’s (PDP)   candidate, Emmanuel Agwariavwodo, has won  five of the eight local councils in the Delta Central Senatorial bye-election held Saturday.

.Characterised by low voter turn out in Ethiopie East and Sapele Local Councils, the Delta Central Senatorial bye-election was held peacefully.

At Oghara, the hometown of former Governor James Ibori, accreditation started early.

In the two council headquarters of Oghara and Sapele, accreditation started at about 10am while voting started shortly after.

The Delta State Commissioner for Housing, Chief Paulinus Akpeki, said that he was very satisfied with the conduct of the election by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).

Akpeki expressed opinion that his party, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) will triumph in the election.

Voting started at about 12pm and was peaceful and orderly, devoid of the disorderliness, which usually characterises elections in the country.

The Delta State DPP Chairman, Chief Tony Ezeagwu, however, rejected the election insisting it was deeply flawed. Even before the official announcement of the result, Ezeagwu said that he would reject the Commission announces.

Still fuming, the DPP Chairman explained that at Agbarho, Ughelli North Council, election materials did not arrive until 2pm, wondering what kind of result would come out of such an arrangement.

As for Okpe Local Council, materials did not arrive until 1pm, and even then, armed soldiers who were deployed to keep guard did not allow party agents to go with the materials on the ground that there was restriction of movement.

He said: ‘’INEC deliberately delayed materials so that our agents could not go with the officials. In places where there were materials, there were no officials from the Commission while in places where there were no materials, there were officials. As a result of that, we in the DPP are rejecting whatever result INEC will announce. The election is a sham.”

But speaking with reporters shortly after casting his vote at his hometown of Olomu, Ughelli South Local Council, the PDP candidate, Chief Emmanuel Aguariavwodo, vehemently disagreed, saying that he is satisfied with the conduct of the election.

Aguariavwodo said that his party was ready for the election and had campaigned vigorously.

He said: “All the aspirants worked with me. We campaigned throughout the length and breadth of the district. The party is the one to beat in the state.”

For Emerhor Otega, the APC candidate, he was not going to comment on the conduct of the election until he gets a general report on the conduct.

The All Progressive Alliance (APC) senatorial candidate in the Delta Central bye-election, Chief Otega Omerho, alleged rigging in Aladja wards by the PDP, even though the election was generally peaceful across the eight local councils that make up the district.

However, the Deputy Governor of Delta State, Prof Amos Utuama, while casting his vote at Jeremi Ward 2 denied the allegation saying that it has become commonplace in Nigeria for losers to find excuses.

Some NYSC corps members who were supposed to man polling units protested non-payment of their allowances and were nonchalant about their electoral duties. This led to delays in several the councils. The development was corroborated by the Deputy Governor who said the payment issues were resolved and that the corps members went back to duty.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/national-news/135449-delta-bye-election-pdp-in-early-lead
Re: PDP Leading In Delta Central Polls by Nobody: 11:52pm On Oct 12, 2013
donphilopus: Rigging tinz on point, i won't be surprised if the total number of voters exceed the numbers INEC presented.
Delta is known for Rigging
LMAO, obviously you are not from delta state neither do you reside in warri ....the election was largely free and fair and most people went about their normal activities, simply cuz your party didn't win doesn't void the election,the APC is barely known in delta,they couldn't even secure 10% of the votes, DPP was disappointing
stick to your states and stop making spurious claims....
@franchizy which violence,certainly not in warri here,
Re: PDP Leading In Delta Central Polls by donphilopus: 12:00am On Oct 13, 2013
emk4lif:
LMAO, obviously you are not from delta state neither do you reside in warri ....the election was largely free and fair and most people went about their normal activities, simply cuz your party didn't win doesn't void the election, stick to your states and stop making spurious claims....
@franchizy which violence,certainly not in warri here,
ok take a look at this www.urhobotoday.com/?p=8843
Re: PDP Leading In Delta Central Polls by Nobody: 12:22am On Oct 13, 2013
donphilopus: ok take a look at this www.urhobotoday.com/?p=8843
So an unconfirmed isolated incident in a single polling station translates to invalidating an election in 8 LGAs..tell me something, also the report has been unsubstantiated and was reported by an unknown partisan daily, the only problems with the election were the poor turnout and the late arrival of materials in parts of ughelli, note also that the pdp candidate is from ughelli so he even stood to lose from the late arrival there....overrall the election was okay and Warri is very calm.....

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tambuwal,ihedioha,leo Ogor Re-unite Against Pdp Caucus Ultimatum / Ondo State Government Locks Akure Democracy Park Because Of GMB/APC Rally. / Buhari Ministerial List Should Include

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.