Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,125 members, 7,896,809 topics. Date: Sunday, 21 July 2024 at 10:17 PM

Wearing Sun Glasses Indoors: Fashion Or Stupidity? - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Wearing Sun Glasses Indoors: Fashion Or Stupidity? (19999 Views)

Photo Of The Sun Newspaper' Sun Girl' Model That's Got Everyone Talkng / Outrage As Ex-OAU Male Student Transforms To Woman - The SUN / Wearing Sun And Fancy Glasses Indoors.is It Right ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wearing Sun Glasses Indoors: Fashion Or Stupidity? by Nauttyprof(m): 12:26pm On Oct 14, 2013
It is just stupidity..... Imagine, I saw a guy very early in the morning say around some minutes to six on dark glasses and I was like is this guy in his right senses? The worst of it all was the day, I saw a guy also put on sun glasses in church..... I think it is just the poverty mentality that has driven people to that extent, so when they have small money it gets into theit heads and they can't just control it. smh......
Re: Wearing Sun Glasses Indoors: Fashion Or Stupidity? by Arosa(m): 12:27pm On Oct 14, 2013
Op, you should know that the sun glass serves multiple purposes.

1 Like

Re: Wearing Sun Glasses Indoors: Fashion Or Stupidity? by DarryOsh(m): 12:28pm On Oct 14, 2013
Ms_Steph: Sun glasses are meant to be worn outside when there is sun but these days When you go for occasions you see
people wearing dark sun glasses inside the hall.

Some even wear it inside clubs at night.

Please is this fashion or its just plain silly?

wel, we hav to accept the fact that fashion evolves. It was intended to protect the eyes but as time went on people came to accept them as fashion items (not necessarily an item for eye protection).

its like asking why we wear wristwatches in a room where there is a wall clock.
or why guys wear belt even when their pants are at no risk of falling off. Mind you, belts were invented merely to hold the pants from falling off.

10 Likes

Re: Wearing Sun Glasses Indoors: Fashion Or Stupidity? by brownsoldier(m): 12:28pm On Oct 14, 2013
The latter the latter the latter grin
Re: Wearing Sun Glasses Indoors: Fashion Or Stupidity? by ifihearam: 12:30pm On Oct 14, 2013
the tin tire me pass you @op
na church own dey pain me pass.
Re: Wearing Sun Glasses Indoors: Fashion Or Stupidity? by Nobody: 12:31pm On Oct 14, 2013
There is nothing wrong in wearing sunglasses indoors

When you have people constantly steering at you in the face. Like some people look at celebrities as if they are coated with gold or fine people like me which us self-concious and shy sometimes. We just wear it to protect one's shyness from too much glances and whenever I want to steer at something wonderful undecided
Re: Wearing Sun Glasses Indoors: Fashion Or Stupidity? by Jeezyy(m): 12:33pm On Oct 14, 2013
Ms_Steph: Sun glasses are meant to be worn outside when there is sun but these days When you go for occasions you see
people wearing dark sun glasses inside the hall.

Some even wear it inside clubs at night.

Please is this fashion or its just plain silly?
Re: Wearing Sun Glasses Indoors: Fashion Or Stupidity? by Dannyxy(m): 12:36pm On Oct 14, 2013
Stupidity...as simple as that~oluwa is involve
Re: Wearing Sun Glasses Indoors: Fashion Or Stupidity? by Nobody: 12:38pm On Oct 14, 2013
My pschology lecturer see it as one of d signs of a mentally retarded person...nd during his exams If u dnt mention it. As one of d signs. U hv failed dat question...lwkmd
Re: Wearing Sun Glasses Indoors: Fashion Or Stupidity? by legendprac(m): 12:38pm On Oct 14, 2013
u think say dem know d use or even d name?
Re: Wearing Sun Glasses Indoors: Fashion Or Stupidity? by Nobody: 12:38pm On Oct 14, 2013
bolayei: Even though its sun shades it can be worn indoors too, some shades are meant for indoors and out doors but some are meant to protect eyes from sunlight...in a club with flash lights it can be worn too, some shades gets clear the darker the room is.

Some people are more confident when you cant see their eyes...my father always wore shades so im no go look your face make strong decisions and hey you guys remember Abacha always in shades indoor or outdoor

Your head is there, this people don't understand anything.

1 Like

Re: Wearing Sun Glasses Indoors: Fashion Or Stupidity? by Cestmoi1(f): 12:39pm On Oct 14, 2013
It's simply s.tu.pid.Why would someone be wearing sunglasses indoors? That's why it's called sunglasses and not room/hall glasses.
Re: Wearing Sun Glasses Indoors: Fashion Or Stupidity? by Nobody: 12:40pm On Oct 14, 2013
Odunharry: yap 9ja celebs are guilty...dy go 4 red carpet u see sme putting it on...Dbanj n Wande are guilty.even on stage bt Wande has vry small eyes mayb dat s why

It increases self confidence you dumb people.
Do u know what its like to stand in front of dozens of flashing cameras
Re: Wearing Sun Glasses Indoors: Fashion Or Stupidity? by Nobody: 12:42pm On Oct 14, 2013
Everyone got an opinion and so quick to judge
Re: Wearing Sun Glasses Indoors: Fashion Or Stupidity? by Amoshie(m): 12:43pm On Oct 14, 2013
Your Question itself is stupid and the the Act of wearing a sun glass in the hall is the same with d Question.
Re: Wearing Sun Glasses Indoors: Fashion Or Stupidity? by Arosa(m): 12:46pm On Oct 14, 2013
kamdyjenny: My pschology lecturer see it as one of d signs of a mentally retarded person...nd during his exams If u dnt mention it. As one of d signs. U hv failed dat question...lwkmd

Any more jokes of your psychology lecturer? that was a nice one tho. grin
Re: Wearing Sun Glasses Indoors: Fashion Or Stupidity? by Kalamaya: 12:48pm On Oct 14, 2013
There are some glasses you can wear indoor. Even inside the club. The one that baffles me most is the rate guys wear ladies shoes this days. Particularly in Lagos.
Re: Wearing Sun Glasses Indoors: Fashion Or Stupidity? by lukaino(m): 12:49pm On Oct 14, 2013
Thats our definition of celebrity in Naija. Once you wear a pair of cheap sunglasses covering your whole face indoors, then you are a celebrity grin
Re: Wearing Sun Glasses Indoors: Fashion Or Stupidity? by dbride: 12:49pm On Oct 14, 2013
@bolayei u are so right, light (sun or otherwise) is a problem to some people's eyes. To such, photochromic lenses are recommended but indoors they wear tinted glasses which some may erroneously call "sunshade". I am speaking for people with this disorder, any light causes their eyes to water and blurs their vision; strange but it's true.
Re: Wearing Sun Glasses Indoors: Fashion Or Stupidity? by nikkyshyne(f): 12:51pm On Oct 14, 2013
Don't be too quick to judge. I have a friend who cant see without her glasses. She's got several types. Plain and the dark tinted. She was with the very dark tinted one hot afternoon when she went out on some field jobs. She subsequently misplaced her plain eye glasses.

She was left with no choice than to wear the shaded glasses at work when she got back. To make matters worse, she closed at 6pm coupled with our Lagos traffic grin

My friend wore her medicated sun glasses even at 8pm on our Lagos street fully ashamed of herself when she as usual as bad mouthed allota peeps doing same. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Wearing Sun Glasses Indoors: Fashion Or Stupidity? by yuncka: 12:51pm On Oct 14, 2013
If U hav seen X-men movies, U will know dey r tryin 2 save our lives.

2 Likes

Re: Wearing Sun Glasses Indoors: Fashion Or Stupidity? by Rastamann: 12:55pm On Oct 14, 2013
What business of yours is it? There is freedom to wear dark glasses (sun or light shades) in Nigeria at anytime
Re: Wearing Sun Glasses Indoors: Fashion Or Stupidity? by Sanuzi(m): 12:59pm On Oct 14, 2013
TRASH And EFFISSY
Re: Wearing Sun Glasses Indoors: Fashion Or Stupidity? by bluegrass217(m): 1:00pm On Oct 14, 2013
[b][/b]mostly i wear sun glasses afta am hi on 'kush'
Re: Wearing Sun Glasses Indoors: Fashion Or Stupidity? by bluegrass217(m): 1:03pm On Oct 14, 2013
[b][/b]i only put on sun glasses wen am hi on kush......#practically#
Re: Wearing Sun Glasses Indoors: Fashion Or Stupidity? by mariong(m): 1:14pm On Oct 14, 2013
Wearing glasses has gone beyond just protecting the eyes, people put on different designs/colors of sun shades just to suggest their mood and give a conceived appearance. Indoors? I'll say some wear dark shades to give them that "no nonsense look".

It's a free world, when and how someone chooses to wear his/her sun shades shouldn't be anyone's problem. I wonder what the fuss is about, and why are some of you even cursing? Make una free people jor, even if na insyd darkness dem choos to wear am.
Re: Wearing Sun Glasses Indoors: Fashion Or Stupidity? by Jeffex(m): 1:14pm On Oct 14, 2013
Hey folks do you wanna be famous then here is a big opportunity to showcase it to the world.be a judge or contenstant and its your choice https://www.nairaland.com/1350836/wanna-famous
Re: Wearing Sun Glasses Indoors: Fashion Or Stupidity? by lekezino(m): 1:19pm On Oct 14, 2013
i wonder oooooh
Re: Wearing Sun Glasses Indoors: Fashion Or Stupidity? by Bebetter: 1:20pm On Oct 14, 2013
[size=16pt]Don't get worked up over our swag, you will just kill yourself because we won't stop[/size] grin

The truth is around the world not only in Nigeria, people were (Dark) sun glasses in non-sunny places like cars, indoor events etc. for several reasons

1. fashion/personal style e.g jack Nicholson, Bono, d'banj etc. for them it's a style/brand thing
2. Most celebrities abroad where it (even at night)or on the red carpet to protect their eyes from the blinding flashes of papparazzi cameras
3. Fashion, For **** sakes designer sun shades are not just for the sun but an accessory to complement your outfit e.g you won't tell kidrock to take of his hat since he is not riding a horse like a cowboy or in the sun! you won't tell jay-z to take of his baseball hat while perfoming on stage because he is not at a base ball game of his team or under the sun! haba it's fashion! you either accept it or not.

*But a little advice for the true indoor sun-shade wearing fashion community... there are some designer shades that are not totally solid dark, they seem to fade to transparent a bit but not totally. these are the nest type to be worn at night or indoors* cool cool cool cool cool peace.
Re: Wearing Sun Glasses Indoors: Fashion Or Stupidity? by Andyblaze: 1:22pm On Oct 14, 2013
I do it...does that make me less human?:-/
Re: Wearing Sun Glasses Indoors: Fashion Or Stupidity? by Nobody: 1:24pm On Oct 14, 2013
*this got my ribs cracking* what's that supposed to mean?? 'SUN' glasses INDOOR? Its termed madness at its apex/extreme/climax/peak/ gimme more
Re: Wearing Sun Glasses Indoors: Fashion Or Stupidity? by Arosa(m): 1:24pm On Oct 14, 2013
Do you guys remember Kool moe dee? cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Skin Care For Dark Skinned Women Only! / Agbani Darego Or Thandie Newton: Who Wore It Better? (photo) / Pictures Of Celebrities At 55th Annual Grammy Awards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.