Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,442 members, 7,884,972 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 07:20 PM

Sanusi Bags 2013 Central Bank Governor Award For Sub-saharan Africa - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Sanusi Bags 2013 Central Bank Governor Award For Sub-saharan Africa (5267 Views)

Sanusi Is The African Central Bank Governor Of The Year! / Sanusi Lamido Sanusi Is World,african Central Bank Governor Of D Year / How The Central Bank Of Nigeria Controls The Activities Of Commercial Banks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sanusi Bags 2013 Central Bank Governor Award For Sub-saharan Africa by eluquenson(m): 8:06pm On Oct 13, 2013
Washington DC – The Central Bank (CBN) Governor, Malam Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, has bagged the 2013 Central Bank Governor Award for Sub-Saharan Africa.
The award is in recognition of Sanusi’s efforts to reduce inflation to a single digit.

It was conferred on him by Emerging Market Magazine, an international organisation, on the sidelines of the Annual Meeting of the World Bank and the International Monetary Fund (IMF) taking place in Washington DC.
The CBN has successfully stabilised inflation rate in the country at 10 per cent.
The  CBN governor, in his four years in office, received the award three times.
Commenting on the award, Sanusi said it represented the efforts of the about 6,000 staff of the apex bank.
He said “we have worked day and night through the banking crisis and now we are working toward restoring stability, financial inclusion and payment system transformation.
“It’s a great honour for me because this is going to be my last annual meeting. I thank all my colleagues for their support and the government for the confidence reposed in me.
“I have worked with two wonderful Finance Ministers, Dr Mansur Mukhtar and Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala and I thank them for their support.
“The relations between the CBN and the finance ministry is one that is characterised by bulk of hostility, sometimes interrupted by gunfire, but we have been able to remain good friends and respect each other’s right to agree and disagree.’’
He said building stability in the system was not an easy task and applauded the Federal Government for the transformation reforms in various sectors of the economy.
The Ambassador of Nigeria to the U.S., Mr Adebowale Adefuye, said the award showed the confidence the international community has in the Nigerian community and Sanusi’s professionalism on the job.
“This is a plus for the Federal Government for putting professionals in different offices to manage our economy. It is an endorsement of the good efforts of the government for Nigeria’s CBN to be selected as the Central Bank of the Year for Sub-Saharan Africa.
Dr Sarah Alade, the CBN Deputy Governor on Economic Policy, said the award showed that Nigeria’s conscious efforts to stabilise the economy was being recognised.
“When the world recognises you among peers, it means that you are doing the right thing.
“The efforts at being able to have macro-economic stability has been recognised and that is an attestation to the hard, collective and collaborative work we do with Ministry of Finance and all the other agencies,’’ she said.
Mr Tunde Lemo, the CBN Deputy Governor, Operations, also said that taming inflation rate in Nigeria was a difficult task.
He, however, added that “we have been able to achieve it under the leadership of the current CBN Governor, Malam Sanusi.
“But all of these may not have been possible without the political and capital support from the President, as well as the support of the Ministry of finance. For me, this is what we are celebrating.
“We celebrate key public officers who work in harmony and ensure that the Nigerian economy achieve sustainable growth.
“I am optimistic that the moment Nigeria succeeds in its structural reforms, the economy will record double digit growth, year on year,’’ he stressed. (NAN)

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/10/sanusi-bags-2013-central-bank-governor-award-sub-saharan-africa/

2 Likes

Re: Sanusi Bags 2013 Central Bank Governor Award For Sub-saharan Africa by Nobody: 8:14pm On Oct 13, 2013
What exactly are other central bank governors doing??

Is sanusi a genius or are other other central bank heads dullards??

1 Like

Re: Sanusi Bags 2013 Central Bank Governor Award For Sub-saharan Africa by edirects: 8:24pm On Oct 13, 2013
Anyone who has been pre-destined to succeed will do so even with little effort. Take Aliko Dangote for instance, he is not the most hard working Nigerian, neither is he the most financially intelligent black man; Yet he is recognised as the MOST wealthy black man. How do you explain that? All the same, I think in the whole of our sub-saharan africa region, CBN has one of the most viable policies on financial transaction, ranging from the cashless-economy policy to the mobile banking policy. What I see is the more you tilt your economical policies to align with the western's, you are seen as someone who knows what he is doing.

...By the way, third to COMMENT ( or is it "coment" dat time? English sef tire me.)

3 Likes

Re: Sanusi Bags 2013 Central Bank Governor Award For Sub-saharan Africa by Deen4me(m): 8:32pm On Oct 13, 2013
Congrats To SLS and The Whole CBN Team
Re: Sanusi Bags 2013 Central Bank Governor Award For Sub-saharan Africa by Nobody: 8:52pm On Oct 13, 2013
Congras malam sanusi. While u bagged d award ur slave bagged this too. https://www.nairaland.com/1476545/efcc-arrests-fake-police-commissioner
Re: Sanusi Bags 2013 Central Bank Governor Award For Sub-saharan Africa by Tolexander: 8:57pm On Oct 13, 2013
OMO IBO: What exactly are other central bank governors doing??

Is sanusi a genius or are other other central bank heads dullards??
there are gods but there is a God!

Where there are many men standing, there will always be an outstanding man!

The winner takes it all
The loser standing small
Beside the victory
That's her destiny
Re: Sanusi Bags 2013 Central Bank Governor Award For Sub-saharan Africa by MeAboki(m): 9:46pm On Oct 13, 2013
chidindufrank: Congras malam sanusi. While u bagged d award ur slave bagged this too. https://www.nairaland.com/1476545/efcc-arrests-fake-police-commissioner

Your bigotry has no end, he will soon be leaving the office when the ovation is at its loudest; bagging three international awards in four years is no mean feat. Hate him as much as you like, still you cannot take away from his success; meanwhile feel free to choke on your hatred and jealousy, for Sanusi has long since made it while you have not.

2 Likes

Re: Sanusi Bags 2013 Central Bank Governor Award For Sub-saharan Africa by Nobody: 12:13am On Oct 14, 2013
Me_Aboki:

Your bigotry has no end, he will soon be leaving the office when the ovation is at its loudest; bagging three international awards in four years is no mean feat. Hate him as much as you like, still you cannot take away from his success; meanwhile feel free to choke on your hatred and jealousy, for Sanusi has long since made it while you have not.
Your madness has crossed the red line. Read the post you quoted otondo
Re: Sanusi Bags 2013 Central Bank Governor Award For Sub-saharan Africa by Sermwell(m): 10:05am On Oct 14, 2013
Woooow!!! Gud 4 him! Boko is not always haram after all!
Re: Sanusi Bags 2013 Central Bank Governor Award For Sub-saharan Africa by Nobody: 10:12am On Oct 14, 2013
I will also commend his effort for removing #100 as bank charges when u use ur ATM in banks other than your own bank. Thank you for this, Mr. Sanusi.

4 Likes

Re: Sanusi Bags 2013 Central Bank Governor Award For Sub-saharan Africa by Nobody: 10:13am On Oct 14, 2013
Has Nigerian currency appreciate since his appointment? It depreciated drastically, so why giving him an award?

2 Likes

Re: Sanusi Bags 2013 Central Bank Governor Award For Sub-saharan Africa by khamas19: 10:13am On Oct 14, 2013
...celebrating at best... mediocrity...

1 Like

Re: Sanusi Bags 2013 Central Bank Governor Award For Sub-saharan Africa by amadice(m): 10:15am On Oct 14, 2013
Mtcheeeew....i wonder hw dis religious tyrant merited dis award.... undecidedMtcheeeew....i wonder hw dis religious tyrant merited dis award....

1 Like

Re: Sanusi Bags 2013 Central Bank Governor Award For Sub-saharan Africa by Ayosky19(m): 10:18am On Oct 14, 2013
Mtchew how is dat my problem undecided
Re: Sanusi Bags 2013 Central Bank Governor Award For Sub-saharan Africa by Isahalbash(m): 10:20am On Oct 14, 2013
more power 2 ur elbowmore power 2 ur elbowmore power 2 ur elbow
Re: Sanusi Bags 2013 Central Bank Governor Award For Sub-saharan Africa by 9jahubcom(m): 10:22am On Oct 14, 2013
eya...thats good news abi
Re: Sanusi Bags 2013 Central Bank Governor Award For Sub-saharan Africa by adtiezy1(m): 10:23am On Oct 14, 2013
Just passing by with full speed..buh anyway hw his one affect the price of note 3 for market:\

1 Like

Re: Sanusi Bags 2013 Central Bank Governor Award For Sub-saharan Africa by Flygeriansteve: 10:24am On Oct 14, 2013
undecided Local champion. Sub-saharan Africa that is full of zero-economy banana republics.

1 Like

Re: Sanusi Bags 2013 Central Bank Governor Award For Sub-saharan Africa by lilslick(m): 10:24am On Oct 14, 2013
D man haff tried biko..
Imagine 3 international awards in 4yrs.. Dah shows he aint sleeping atol
Re: Sanusi Bags 2013 Central Bank Governor Award For Sub-saharan Africa by Nikapetrelli(f): 10:28am On Oct 14, 2013
Gud for u
Re: Sanusi Bags 2013 Central Bank Governor Award For Sub-saharan Africa by BigBen10: 10:29am On Oct 14, 2013
derespect: I will also commend his effort for removing #100 as bank charges when u use ur ATM in banks other than your own bank. Thank you for this, Mr. Sanusi.

and also the ban on importation of foreign currencies.
Re: Sanusi Bags 2013 Central Bank Governor Award For Sub-saharan Africa by BigBen10: 10:31am On Oct 14, 2013
lucrownt: Has Nigerian currency appreciate since his appointment? It depreciated drastically, so why giving him an award?

Baba he stabilized the naira a little at least we know that naira to the dollar is between 150 -160 give or take 3 naira.
Re: Sanusi Bags 2013 Central Bank Governor Award For Sub-saharan Africa by chessguru1(m): 10:31am On Oct 14, 2013
adtiezy1: Just passing by with full speed..buh anyway hw his one affect the price of note 3 for market:\
We should learn to give kudos to people when they deserve it as well as bash dem when they merit it.
Its a two sided coin
As far as the health of the economy is concerned, he has done well...he should J̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊τ̲̣̣̥ learn to mind his work, and leave political comments for politicians.
Re: Sanusi Bags 2013 Central Bank Governor Award For Sub-saharan Africa by lacasa: 10:31am On Oct 14, 2013
Congrats SLS the genius banker, arguably the best this country has had.

Though, the Subsidy campaign is ur main mistake.

2 Likes

Re: Sanusi Bags 2013 Central Bank Governor Award For Sub-saharan Africa by chessguru1(m): 10:33am On Oct 14, 2013
Flygeriansteve: undecided Local champion. Sub-saharan Africa that is full of zero-economy banana republics.
And your point is ? undecided

1 Like

Re: Sanusi Bags 2013 Central Bank Governor Award For Sub-saharan Africa by uceee(m): 10:40am On Oct 14, 2013
Congratulobia!!! He has really done well. I hope the next CBN governor will do better.
Re: Sanusi Bags 2013 Central Bank Governor Award For Sub-saharan Africa by chessguru1(m): 10:42am On Oct 14, 2013
lucrownt: Has Nigerian currency appreciate since his appointment? It depreciated drastically, so why giving him an award?
Where's your evidence of this "drastic depreciation"?
If this was a nigerian based award, am sure you would have had a field day abasing it.
Its an international award, devoid of our usual sentiments and small mindedness.
P.s the last time I checked the naira has been quite stable against the dollar for some time now. Also he is on the verge of pushing down inflation to single digits. I. Don't think any other governor has done that
Re: Sanusi Bags 2013 Central Bank Governor Award For Sub-saharan Africa by geesilver(m): 10:44am On Oct 14, 2013
ℓ̊ guess this man Ȋ̝̊̅§ A̶̲̥̅ genious this Ȋ̝̊̅§ what ƴƠƲ get when ƴƠƲ employ the right man to do the job, Mr. Sanusi we nid ƴƠƲ to carry on the good work ƴƠƲ started............end time award
Re: Sanusi Bags 2013 Central Bank Governor Award For Sub-saharan Africa by dahmie2013: 10:45am On Oct 14, 2013
Wow cheesy! Not surprised, wud have been surprised if he didnt get it! I no ppl dont like him, but I love him. He is highly intelligent and eloquent. He exhibits so much confidence and courage dat makes me naturally fall in love with him!

Well don Lamido Sanusi! My political crush! grin grin

1 Like

Re: Sanusi Bags 2013 Central Bank Governor Award For Sub-saharan Africa by yuncka: 10:50am On Oct 14, 2013
Accordin 2 dem he deservs it.
A lay man wuld say he didnt deserve.

As for me I ask..... How d Fourk did he get dat honour?

1 Like

Re: Sanusi Bags 2013 Central Bank Governor Award For Sub-saharan Africa by dahmie2013: 10:51am On Oct 14, 2013
Wow cheesy! Not surprised, wud have been surprised if he didnt get it! I no ppl dont like him, but I love him. He is highly intelligent and eloquent. He exhibits so much confidence and courage dat makes me naturally fall in love with him!

Well don Lamido Sanusi! My political crush! grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Can I Become A Distributor Of Gino Brand Of Tomato Paste. / Be Your Own BOSS, Learn How To Make Souvenir Bags. / N150,000 Withdrawal Limit: Court Can’t Stop Me, Says Sanusi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.