Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,787 members, 7,889,569 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 03:24 PM

How Many Years Did You Stay At Home Before Gaining Admission? - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Many Years Did You Stay At Home Before Gaining Admission? (24869 Views)

before gaining admission in nigeria you were probably in one of these categories / Three Open Secrets Of Gaining Admission Into Nigerian Universities / Is It Compulsory 4 Me 2 Knw Someone In Any University Before Gaining Admission? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Many Years Did You Stay At Home Before Gaining Admission? by LaRochelle(f): 1:32am On Oct 16, 2013
I graduated from sec. school in July, got admission in November to study a well respected course in the Premier University, in a particular year. Unfortunately, I had to defer it for a year due to uncontrollable circumstances. I'm still in school now tho'.
Re: How Many Years Did You Stay At Home Before Gaining Admission? by Adex097: 1:42am On Oct 16, 2013
yoged: 2002 to 2007. Just because of having F9 in math from Waec during period . Maths suffer me oooooo. Thunder fire that subject. Did rems in 2003 in unilorin, was given plant biology. Rejected it... But during that period, was working and i made millions of money. Ended up studing Chemistry in Unilorin. Did MAT101=F, MAT102=F. Passed both in 200l had E and B respectively. Did Mat201=F, mat205=B. Did Mat201 in 300L and had E........ I hate Mathematics
lol....maths didn't do you well o
Re: How Many Years Did You Stay At Home Before Gaining Admission? by Adex097: 1:48am On Oct 16, 2013
Dubemkelly:
ANd u thought dat was gud enough 2 fetch u an admission in2 d proposed course? The fact remains dat u were misinformed n misplaced ur chances, if u had gone 4 Geo,u wud hv got it wout stress,many applicants n OAU gat no time fix u sumwhere, u only passed d exam buh dint deserve d course cos u were cut off
Thank you very much sir, I now rep UNIBEN aka UNIBEST
2 corinthians 5 vs 17
[s]
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new
creature: [/s] old things are passed away; behold, all
things are become new.
cool ...

btw, why are you taking it personal...you sound a lil bit aggressive and bitter , please calm down.

thanks once again

1 Like

Re: How Many Years Did You Stay At Home Before Gaining Admission? by ajasa4link: 1:52am On Oct 16, 2013
Just a year. That is the beauty of writing UME while in secondary school. My first UME was in SSS3 which I passed with ease,but Almighty OAU denied me admission to study accounting after scoring high in the post UME too...I just quickly changed strategy and bid OAU farewell and UNILAG /LASU became my school of choice in the next UME and UNILAG like oau denied me admission even after scoring high and just a little short off the cutoff mark. Then when hope was almost lost,I just stumbled upon a thread on nairaland back then titled "LASU RELEASES 3RD AND FINAL .ADMISSION LIST...didn't even know when the first list was released because I never took the school serious thinking schools don't admit second choice candidates. I just begged the op to help check the list for my name and the next day he just congratulated me! And thus my habit of constantly perambulating online saved me an extra year at home....Now in 400level and would've graduated August if not for the strike....lest I forget ,am very happy I didn't get to study accounting

6 Likes

Re: How Many Years Did You Stay At Home Before Gaining Admission? by avalontony(m): 2:13am On Oct 16, 2013
i spent three year working as an apprentice in a retail store before gaining admission. now i am an engineer (chemical), and am using the skills i learnt as a sales representative and my knowledge an engineer. i spent those years because of lack of fund to pay my tutition in d uni, but i am greatful to God.

1 Like

Re: How Many Years Did You Stay At Home Before Gaining Admission? by ajasa4link: 2:16am On Oct 16, 2013
jj9ice: Yeah, i still thank God for precious life and relations im blessed with, i finished 2003 and cleared my result at once, i did jamb about 6times and DE form about four times, in albl my jamb i didnt score less than 240 and out this ten years, unilorin took 5 solid years b4 i run comot, uniabuja 2, *ABU 1, UI 1 but im still with ui with this year jamb going for law with 287 in jamb and 75% in post utme which i believe God will surely do this year, but within 10 year i did NCE which is 3years studied ENG and IJMB@iloirin getting 13points out 16pionts for years. just to show my brother and sister that winner never quit. Inshaallahu i will share my testimony with great people of nairaland this year.
BROS u be strong man o,am sure turbo king na ur choice of drink(brewed for the strong )...I can't just imagine myself facing that much challenge ,I would've given up long time ago. Chai! 10 solid years? That equals 2 degrees and 1 masters. I trust myself,would've ported to other ministry o...Anyways thank God for ur life and the other things u've been able to achieve,wish u success with the current UI parol

4 Likes

Re: How Many Years Did You Stay At Home Before Gaining Admission? by Ariyke: 2:40am On Oct 16, 2013
Spent 8yrs and it wasnt funny crythough it was finance prob sha bt i knw God wil see me tru
Re: How Many Years Did You Stay At Home Before Gaining Admission? by homesteady(m): 3:00am On Oct 16, 2013
I entered UNI the same year I finished secondary school! + studying dentistry

2 Likes

Re: How Many Years Did You Stay At Home Before Gaining Admission? by Samuel124(m): 3:02am On Oct 16, 2013
hmmmm, anyway i thank God and i believe with this story am about to share,very soon am going to come nd give testimony on this nairaland, my story goes like this, i finished from secondary school since 2010 but my o level wasnt comple wish i finally comple 2011 but till now havent got any adminsion yet cause i have only one dream cause which i cherished to go for (electrical engineering) but i've been at home all this while but i believe on thing that God knows the best for me and am not gonna lose faith althogh am getting older and some of my mate are already pass out while am not in yet. thank u.

1 Like

Re: How Many Years Did You Stay At Home Before Gaining Admission? by Matthewbriggs(m): 4:03am On Oct 16, 2013
7 years. Currently got in, only to discover I don't need a university education. The whole thing is a complete waste of time for me. Would've dropped out if not for pressure from home.
Re: How Many Years Did You Stay At Home Before Gaining Admission? by Nobody: 4:29am On Oct 16, 2013
3 yrs no be beans oo..i take the blame cos it waz due to ignorance,i waz offered a course in poly the 2ndyr which i rejected...finally got offers from Uniben,yabatech & unijos..#all thanks to jesus..#ASSU Abeg dont add to diz o.
Re: How Many Years Did You Stay At Home Before Gaining Admission? by nekaa(f): 4:39am On Oct 16, 2013
Mhen, directly and indirectly I spent 4 solid years...
Re: How Many Years Did You Stay At Home Before Gaining Admission? by ceeceeco: 5:32am On Oct 16, 2013
Finished sec sch in 2003(NIGERIAN NAVY SEC SCH)...Gained admission in2 d university(UNIPORT) in 2005 & graduated in 2010...#TeamCivilEngineers#
Re: How Many Years Did You Stay At Home Before Gaining Admission? by ugonnah(m): 5:54am On Oct 16, 2013
Omo na 4 yrs for me o! 4 yrs of pursuing mass communication in unizik but to no avail. Friends where tellin me to change skul and course...but no,i hav vision and dis time around God don do am for me!!

1 Like

Re: How Many Years Did You Stay At Home Before Gaining Admission? by Nobody: 6:00am On Oct 16, 2013
Finished secondary school in July 2011 & gained admission into UNIBEN in September 2011. It wasn't my preferred course though but I accepted it
Re: How Many Years Did You Stay At Home Before Gaining Admission? by yokiti: 6:02am On Oct 16, 2013
Half a decade with 5 months jara. To God be the glory, first degree is now a thing of the past.
Re: How Many Years Did You Stay At Home Before Gaining Admission? by Emekemini: 6:13am On Oct 16, 2013
Got admitted on my 5th trial,nt that i wasnt given admission oo,i kept turning them down because i needed medicine nd surgery in Uniben,later given Microbiology,currently in my year 3.
Re: How Many Years Did You Stay At Home Before Gaining Admission? by Nobody: 6:17am On Oct 16, 2013
avalontony: i spent three year working as an apprentice in a retail store before gaining admission. now i am an engineer (chemical), and am using the skills i learnt as a sales representative and my knowledge an engineer. i spent those years because of lack of fund to pay my tutition in d uni, but i am greatful to God.
Bros, we're on thesame page. Even with qualification, funds can be a stumbling block. Some even have the funds but not the qualification.
Re: How Many Years Did You Stay At Home Before Gaining Admission? by tshegs19: 6:26am On Oct 16, 2013
000000 sad
Re: How Many Years Did You Stay At Home Before Gaining Admission? by sinto5(m): 6:29am On Oct 16, 2013
dis my fourth year of stayin @ home....and still loki for admission
Re: How Many Years Did You Stay At Home Before Gaining Admission? by Nobody: 6:37am On Oct 16, 2013
Graduated from Sec Sch in July 2012.Was admitted into Anatomy sept 2012@unizik.Although nt my dream course accepted it.Studied it 4 a yr.Wrote 2013 jamb,was finally admitted to my Choice course:Medicine and Surgery.Thank God ooo
Re: How Many Years Did You Stay At Home Before Gaining Admission? by Nobody: 6:39am On Oct 16, 2013
1 year & 2Jambs

1 Like

Re: How Many Years Did You Stay At Home Before Gaining Admission? by Nobody: 6:52am On Oct 16, 2013
A year and 7 months(july, 2005 to dec., 2006). I'm now a graduate of mechanical engineering, completed NYSC and started working, to the glory of GOD. it's my prayer that those that are due for admission will gain admission at GOD's appointed time (soonest)
Re: How Many Years Did You Stay At Home Before Gaining Admission? by Nobody: 6:54am On Oct 16, 2013
I finished secondary skul last year 2012 and also got admission 2012...now studying accounting education @LASU
Re: How Many Years Did You Stay At Home Before Gaining Admission? by b03liberty(m): 6:56am On Oct 16, 2013
ajasa4link: Just a year. That is the beauty of writing UME while in secondary school. My first UME was in SSS3 which I passed with ease,but Almighty OAU denied me admission to study accounting after scoring high in the post UME too...I just quickly changed strategy and bid OAU farewell and UNILAG /LASU became my school of choice in the next UME and UNILAG like oau denied me admission even after scoring high and just a little short off the cutoff mark. Then when hope was almost lost,I just stumbled upon a thread on nairaland back then titled "LASU RELEASES 3RD AND FINAL .ADMISSION LIST...didn't even know when the first list was released because I never took the school serious thinking schools don't admit second choice candidates. I just begged the op to help check the list for my name and the next day he just congratulated me! And thus my habit of constantly perambulating online saved me an extra year at home....Now in 400level and would've graduated August if not for the strike....lest I forget ,am very happy I didn't get to study accounting
ASUU no do well jare...spent a yr b4 got admittd to kwarapoly. ND, accountng, FutY turn me down as a direct entry student. Justice eventualy did at UJ. ...cool enviroment to study *wink*.
Re: How Many Years Did You Stay At Home Before Gaining Admission? by Nobody: 6:59am On Oct 16, 2013
Ziggyzito: few would be selected cos it's just those few peeps who aced it. ..if you did, you would have been there.
are you saying the over 15million Jambites are all dummies? Be realistic, I've met some Jambites That're even better than those in the uni, things should not be like this, going into the uni should not involve all these processes, are you indirectly saying those who naturally can't catch up fast deserve to be uneducated?
Re: How Many Years Did You Stay At Home Before Gaining Admission? by TiffanyJ(f): 7:07am On Oct 16, 2013
I was admitted into a state university immediately after my secondary school, i left d school in my second year to start all over in a federal university because i was offered a better course of study
Re: How Many Years Did You Stay At Home Before Gaining Admission? by Abukia404(f): 7:08am On Oct 16, 2013
I spent 5solid yrs @ome,was very folish den,cause I was just focusing on Uniilorin for dose yearsdint even try any oda skol,I want to attend uniilorin by all means den,due to d orientation I got abt d skol,later got addimision 2010.#TeamLautech#
Re: How Many Years Did You Stay At Home Before Gaining Admission? by dmahn(m): 7:09am On Oct 16, 2013
picoba:
Six (6) years
Impregnated a girl while I was in SS3.
When I enter university, my son enter primary one.

Baddest guy ever liveth..Na since ss3 u sef dey do package.I hail o..How ur baby now

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Adekunle Ajasin University Final Year Student Swept Off By Flood In Ondo State / World's Smallest Girl Starts School / Couple Arrested For Invading Their Child’s School With Thugs To Beat Teacher

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.