Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,903 members, 7,945,907 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 09:09 AM

Is It Nice For Churches To Build Hotels? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Nice For Churches To Build Hotels? (875 Views)

Is It Right For Churches To Pay Instrumentalists ? / Lagos Orders Churches To Remove Loud Speakers / Is It Wrong For Churches To Wed Couples With Pregnant Brides? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Nice For Churches To Build Hotels? by Ukutsgp(m): 8:25am On Oct 14, 2013
It is okay for churches to build hotels? Is it that the money coming into the church is too much and they dont know what to do with it anymore that they resort to building hotels? Or is it for business purposes?. What are the reasons why some churches are building hotels?. As a christian, i dont welcome that developement. When you look at the churches in the bible you will not see anyone that built a hotel for whatever reasons. As for business, Jesus said that his father's house shall be called the house of prayer and not for business.

Furthermore, intimate sins can take place in a hotel which is not befitting for a christian hotel, because as christian we are not suppose to encourage intimate sins.

Finally, let us ask ourselves: why is the church established here on earth? Is it to build hotels for business purposes or to dismantle the kingdom of darkness and deliver justice to the oppressed. Is it not not to preach the good news and deliver salvation to the lost and to feed and cloth the fatherless & motherless(orphans), widows and the hopeless?. The church needs to retraced its step back to the ancient path and hold on to the vision christ has given to them in the very beginning. What do you have say my fellow nairalanders.
Re: Is It Nice For Churches To Build Hotels? by ayogabriel: 8:46am On Oct 14, 2013
Before I answer your question, please kindly answer this: if I decide to sleep in an hotel, does that make me less righteous? Or does that make me lesser of person than I am.

1 Like

Re: Is It Nice For Churches To Build Hotels? by Ukutsgp(m): 8:51am On Oct 14, 2013
It depend on your reasons of going to the hotel
Re: Is It Nice For Churches To Build Hotels? by tsidra(f): 8:51am On Oct 14, 2013
Churches can build hotels as long as the poor church masses would be afford it. Unlike the schools.
Re: Is It Nice For Churches To Build Hotels? by Nobody: 9:08am On Oct 14, 2013
The next time you get stranded, or run out of daylight when traveling, try search out some comfortable bushes, or better still, some comfortable spot under the bridge, or the Police station.........

Since hotels are such sinners' haven.......

If the church can regulate the hotel's activities, then, by all means.............

And off course the proceeds of business should go into some just course.....

Take no offense op... Just giving voice to your reason.
Re: Is It Nice For Churches To Build Hotels? by Clemzy16(m): 9:39am On Oct 14, 2013
my question is, why should a church build hotels in the first place?! well if that be, they should have a no-couple accommodation policy.
Re: Is It Nice For Churches To Build Hotels? by engrtee(f): 11:54am On Oct 14, 2013
But pastors stay in hotel
christians work in hotel

hotel workers pay tithe
Re: Is It Nice For Churches To Build Hotels? by Ukutsgp(m): 12:17pm On Oct 14, 2013
Revelation 3:14-17.
To the angel of the church in loadicea write: these are the words of the Amen, the Faithful and true witness, the ruler of God's creation.
15. I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other.
16.so, because you are lukewarm-neither hot nor cold- i am about to spit you out of my mouth.
17.you say, 'i am rich, i have acquired wealth and do not need a thing', but you do not realise that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked. (NIV).

Is this not the suituation of our churches today. Amassing and accumulating wealth thinking that is what christ is after. Building exotic hotels, mansions and all. If christ is to write a letter to our churches today what wil be the content of the letter?
Re: Is It Nice For Churches To Build Hotels? by Ukutsgp(m): 5:42am On Oct 15, 2013
Did you see d churches in d new testament building hotels. Is that the business of the church?
Re: Is It Nice For Churches To Build Hotels? by Ukutsgp(m): 11:25am On Oct 15, 2013
We all know d truth in this one
Re: Is It Nice For Churches To Build Hotels? by ARareGem(f): 11:43am On Oct 15, 2013
1 Corinthians 10:23a
All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient
Re: Is It Nice For Churches To Build Hotels? by Ukutsgp(m): 11:53am On Oct 21, 2013
Definitely it is nt proper 4 church to build hotels. Dat is nt d mission of d church.
Re: Is It Nice For Churches To Build Hotels? by Nobody: 2:15am On Dec 10, 2013
Ukuts gp: It is okay for churches to build hotels? Is it that the money coming into the church is too much and they dont know what to do with it anymore that they resort to building hotels? Or is it for business purposes?. What are the reasons why some churches are building hotels?. As a christian, i dont welcome that developement. When you look at the churches in the bible you will not see anyone that built a hotel for whatever reasons. As for business, Jesus said that his father's house shall be called the house of prayer and not for business.

Furthermore, intimate sins can take place in a hotel which is not befitting for a christian hotel, because as christian we are not suppose to encourage intimate sins.

Finally, let us ask ourselves: why is the church established here on earth? Is it to build hotels for business purposes or to dismantle the kingdom of darkness and deliver justice to the oppressed. Is it not not to preach the good news and deliver salvation to the lost and to feed and cloth the fatherless & motherless(orphans), widows and the hopeless?. The church needs to retraced its step back to the ancient path and hold on to the vision christ has given to them in the very beginning. What do you have say my fellow nairalanders.

so I asked you which church you attend in your other thread critizing the catholic church and you ran away and came over here. lmao
Since you said in your other thread that catholics and t.b Joshua followers will go to hell, I asked you which church do you attend so that we can follow your heavenly pastor. Alas, Immediately I asked that question, you abandoned the thread and ran away.
Why are you so ashamed of naming your church, rather hiding behind your keyboard and attacking others.
If you are scared of naming your church, how are you going to convert the hell bound team of catholics and t,b Joshua team nah?

cant stop laughing.

I dare you to mention your church

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Church Business! No More Excuse Not To Pay Offering.(photo) / Let Talk About Destiny- Christians And Muslims Perspectives! / No Hell Fire By Pope Francis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.