Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,646 members, 7,878,884 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 08:49 AM

Share Your Fond Eid Memories - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Share Your Fond Eid Memories (5515 Views)

Eid-El-Malud: Celebrants Block Road In Gombe State (Photos) / Happy Eid-ul-Adha My Muslim Brothers And Sisters! / Eid Ul Adha: Barka Da Sallah : Eid Mubarak (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Fond Eid Memories by maryhaam(f): 4:31pm On Oct 15, 2013
Love the reunion part,peepz you see yearly..........the meat too thou
Re: Share Your Fond Eid Memories by nekaa(f): 4:47pm On Oct 15, 2013
Even if we were Christians we never missed the celebrations, we would come from kaduna to lagos cause if we didn't show for it my grand mum would take it very personal. It was always fun, as we always got what we wanted cause we were seen as visitors... Now that I am in Ogun it took nothing from me to show up at my maternal home.
Re: Share Your Fond Eid Memories by DMainMan: 4:49pm On Oct 15, 2013
Happy Eid Mubarak
Re: Share Your Fond Eid Memories by whitecat007: 5:32pm On Oct 15, 2013
I remember my grandma receiving enough meat that one would think she killed two cows from her brothers and sisters who are Muslims and neighbors.
Ijebu side was something else then. Those are good old days I miss
Re: Share Your Fond Eid Memories by ummsulaym(f): 5:48pm On Oct 15, 2013
Archmed: wait...lemme finsh dis meat..brb

rara o! I can't allow you to finish it, you MUST remain for me else ''I will tell mama 4 u''
Re: Share Your Fond Eid Memories by niggadee(m): 7:53pm On Oct 15, 2013
happy sallah kia i misss ijebu ode
Re: Share Your Fond Eid Memories by kayword(m): 8:48pm On Oct 15, 2013
Bac in those days I used to remember sallah as a period of buying "ready made" clothes. No festival is ever complete witout with my plastic paper- surface wristwatch n googles

Plus it is everly sure that I will hav mor money than I've had over the past year. A lot of uncles and older cousins coming n going will surely drop some "aganran" notes.

Now the tide is changing and am the one doing the giving these past couple of years...

I can say that my childhood memories of sallah are the sweetest because there ar no worries except to have fun.
Re: Share Your Fond Eid Memories by minute(f): 9:10pm On Oct 15, 2013
I chill at the masjid and kick it with the sisters I meet. I always look forward to the two Eids.

I personally celebrate modern life and new friends. Happy Eid to you too.
Re: Share Your Fond Eid Memories by deols(f): 7:55am On Oct 16, 2013
CrazyMan:
That's the problem with most Nigerian christians...this "my church is better than yours" and "my religion is better than yours believe" has made so many christians enemies of themselves.

In case you don't know, Jesus ate with tax collectors, hanged out with illiterate fishermen who later became his disciples...etc. He lived a social live on earth.

If your mum claims to be a christian, then she must start by socializing with people who she feels are inferior to her in religious terms cos that's the only way you can win them over...christ tasked us to love our enemies and pray for those who persecute us and not to keep away from them.

@Maclatunji and delos kindly waybill some meat come my side make I chop biko hunger de hammer me for here...

Lol.

Thank you for the shoutout.

I hope you had a great day smiley
Re: Share Your Fond Eid Memories by deols(f): 7:58am On Oct 16, 2013
MAYOWAAK: What a day!! Animals are killed (for sport) worldwide in celebration of a guy that heard a voice in his head telling him to slaughter his son and which somehow that same voice made a ram magically appear for him to kill.

Joke is on you, boy.
Re: Share Your Fond Eid Memories by deols(f): 7:58am On Oct 16, 2013
*Kails*:

lol i know that's right! grin

wink

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

You Must Have Been Making Any Of These Mistakes In Wudu / The Importance Of Giving Sadaqa (charity) / Baby With Allah On Its Forehead...God Is Great!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.