Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,382 members, 7,908,068 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 August 2024 at 06:44 PM

Single Ladies Are Prostitutes - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Single Ladies Are Prostitutes (588 Views)

All Igbo Females Are Prostitutes - Nnamdi Kanu / Social Media Reactions To Aisha Buhari Statement On Edo Prostitutes / First Ladies Are ‘Executive Prisoners’ – Aregbesola’s wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Single Ladies Are Prostitutes by BelleofNaija: 1:51pm On Oct 14, 2013
Taken from ijescorner - http://ijescorner.tumblr.com/

According to Mr Fashola and his Lagos State all single ladies are out to solicit men. So be warned if you happen to be in an event unaccompanied….you may find yourself bundled into a police van and fined for prostitution.

This may seem like a far-fetched regime in Saudi Arabia or a tale from the 1920’s. Had it been either, it may have been an easier pill to swallow. At least then one would know the social expectation of women clearly defined. Not here in Lagos where it’s an unsaid rule. Single women who want to enjoy Jazz with their female friends can quickly evaporate that idea! Live concert at a hotel is also a no-no.

To enjoy the more cultured Lagos lifestyle, a group of ladies are expected to steal, borrow or grab a male companion. It’s even accepted that the man can invite as many prostitutes as he pleases. But a single lady has as much access as an ‘exit sign’!

This is not a misguided view of Lagos…on Friday evening my cousin, her friend and I were getting ready for a night out with a male friend. But at the last minute, he was unable to make it. Seeing as were already dressed (MODESTLY); there was no need to cancel the plan all together. Had we known, we would have gladly done so to save the shock. But then again its better that we faced this archaic rule early on in my discover Lagos campaign.

We began our journey from Lekki to Four Points Sheraton (but I’d like to call it Four Point Shiterton) passing Lekki toll-gate. We arrived within 10 minutes and gingerly parked at the outside parking lot.

Still filled with excitement of hearing live music at the rooftop. We approached the gate. At the entrance, we were greeted by the doorman who enquired “are you ladies meeting somebody”

The question was a tad harassing but it was simply brushed off

"No" Nancy replied

"Where are you going?" he continued

"To hear live music at the roof-top"

"So you’re here by yourselves"

"Are you alright?" I had to be sure!

He couldn't make out what we were doing there, nor could we make out why all the questions were being asked.

"It’s on the second floor" he had accepted defeat

The lifts were a few metres away being guarded by a large female attendant.

"Where are you guys going?" she questioned.

"Rooftop" I answered

"Are you guys meeting anyone there?" this question again?

"No" Amaka my cousin added

"I’m sorry, we don’t allow single females up" For a split second, there was an unsaid wave of charge that raged between the three of us.

Continue reading at - http://ijescorner.tumblr.com/post/64007899016/single-ladies-are-prostitutes

(1) (Reply)

Whereabout Of Stella Oduah's N225million Armoured Cars Unknown. / ASUU To Meet Over Strike, Says Not Under Pressure To Call Off Strike / Oduah’s ‘tolerable’ Corruption

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.