Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,165 members, 7,946,951 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 10:08 AM

Cultural Rewards Yearly Roundup - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Cultural Rewards Yearly Roundup (1175 Views)

Cross Cultural Marriage:interesting Tweets From White Lady Married To A Nigerian / Some Tribes And Their Weird Cultural Practices / What Are Cultural Taboos In Your Village Or Area (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cultural Rewards Yearly Roundup by Fulaman198(m): 1:58pm On Oct 14, 2013
Greetings fellow cultural posters,

I pretty much took all of this text from a fellow moderator and posted it here (Striktmymi)

It's almost that time of the year again where we get to choose or vote for members who we all believe deserve to be rewarded for their contributions to the growth of the section.

Unlike what has been the case in previous years, we hope to make this year rather different and one that would be the pride of seun and envy of all other sections.

I am not sure of the nature of the 'awards night' just yet, hence the need for us all to brainstorm and make this a success. All suggestions are welcome...
Re: Cultural Rewards Yearly Roundup by HumbledbYGrace(f): 2:16pm On Oct 14, 2013
Nice one but maybe you could change a few things. Here we could have a day thing instead of a night thing, and by the way the guy is not a mod.
Re: Cultural Rewards Yearly Roundup by Fulaman198(m): 2:24pm On Oct 14, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Nice one but maybe you could change a few things. Here we could have a day thing instead of a night thing, and by the way the guy is not a mod.

:: coughs:: epic fail. I'll change it up lol
Re: Cultural Rewards Yearly Roundup by HumbledbYGrace(f): 2:29pm On Oct 14, 2013
Fulaman198:

:: coughs:: epic fail. I'll change it up lol
that's why I did not quote your post. So what awards are we looking at? Because the thingy starts in December?
Re: Cultural Rewards Yearly Roundup by Fulaman198(m): 2:31pm On Oct 14, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: that's why I did not quote your post. So what awards are we looking at? Because the thingy starts in December?

They are to be hidden until then :-)
Re: Cultural Rewards Yearly Roundup by HumbledbYGrace(f): 2:37pm On Oct 14, 2013
Fulaman198:

They are to be hidden until then :-)
No, we should discuss what will happen when and how.

That contest still stands, but I would like to see to my heritage fair till the last day of the month.
Re: Cultural Rewards Yearly Roundup by Fulaman198(m): 2:40pm On Oct 14, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: No, we should discuss what will happen when and how.

That contest still stands, but I would like to see to my heritage fair till the last day of the month.

Your heritage fair can stay as long as you want it to
Re: Cultural Rewards Yearly Roundup by HumbledbYGrace(f): 2:44pm On Oct 14, 2013
Fulaman198:

Your heritage fair can stay as long as you want it to
Your bribing me ehtongue
Re: Cultural Rewards Yearly Roundup by Fulaman198(m): 3:46pm On Oct 14, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Your bribing me ehtongue

Lol not at all, anything that will bring more attention to the culture section
Re: Cultural Rewards Yearly Roundup by HumbledbYGrace(f): 7:36pm On Oct 14, 2013
Fulaman198:

Lol not at all, anything that will bring more attention to the culture section
Let me call Shymexx, he is always in romance, wonder why.

Nyumba, please answer to this call.

CameroonPride, he knows a lot about culture.

Ifyalways, where you at

Will check other regulars here.

We should put our heads together and work something out.

And Enlightenedsoul.

SpikeC....
Re: Cultural Rewards Yearly Roundup by MrTAnonymous(m): 7:47pm On Oct 14, 2013

Space booked till future!
Re: Cultural Rewards Yearly Roundup by Nyumba(m): 3:20pm On Oct 15, 2013
I can help.......but.................how?
Re: Cultural Rewards Yearly Roundup by HumbledbYGrace(f): 3:35pm On Oct 15, 2013
Nyumba: I can help.......but.................how?
check your mailbox please.

Oga Mod, please check your mail too.
Re: Cultural Rewards Yearly Roundup by Nobody: 2:10am On Oct 16, 2013
@HumbledbYGrace: I think I'm far too new to the forum but I am, of course, humbled by your mention. cheesy
Re: Cultural Rewards Yearly Roundup by macof(m): 1:34pm On Oct 16, 2013
cheesy u guys doing award night too
Re: Cultural Rewards Yearly Roundup by HumbledbYGrace(f): 3:21pm On Oct 16, 2013
EnlightenedSoul: @HumbledbYGrace: I think I'm far too new to the forum but I am, of course, humbled by your mention. cheesy
Thanks, I will email you, nobody is ever new on this things.
Re: Cultural Rewards Yearly Roundup by HumbledbYGrace(f): 3:27pm On Oct 16, 2013
macof: cheesy u guys doing award night too
grin grin
Re: Cultural Rewards Yearly Roundup by Nobody: 5:31pm On Oct 16, 2013
We never got round that debate, why? tongue
Re: Cultural Rewards Yearly Roundup by tpia5: 9:40pm On Oct 17, 2013
Does the op have on a cowboy hat?
Re: Cultural Rewards Yearly Roundup by Fulaman198(m): 10:10pm On Oct 17, 2013
tpia@:

I have a Fulani hat on, is that ok?
Re: Cultural Rewards Yearly Roundup by tpia5: 11:30pm On Oct 17, 2013
Obviously you need to convince yourself you are somali, oops, i mean fulani, but my question was do you have a cowboy hat on, meaning your answer should be yes or no.

No need for smart alec comebacks while trying to incite ethnic wars which clearly is what you were hired to do?

4 Likes

Re: Cultural Rewards Yearly Roundup by Fulaman198(m): 11:39pm On Oct 17, 2013
tpia@:
Obviously you need to convince yourself you are somali, oops, i mean fulani, but my question was do you have a cowboy hat on, meaning your answer should be yes or no.

No need for smart alec comebacks while trying to incite ethnic wars which clearly is what you were hired to do?

Where have you ever seen me do such? I'm always trying to bring all ethnic groups together.

1 Like

Re: Cultural Rewards Yearly Roundup by Nyumba(m): 5:44pm On Oct 19, 2013
I can ship at my expances to one of the three (??) winners this Rwandan little spear (it's an arrow) made by a forgeron and bought at a cheap price in 2002 by my mother during a travel in the country

Re: Cultural Rewards Yearly Roundup by PhysicsQED(m): 11:15pm On Oct 19, 2013
tpia@:

Didn't see the pic, but if he was wearing a Fulani straw hat, then that might be what you saw. The traditional straw hat of the Fulani bears some resemblance to the western cowboy hat. I remember looking through the Frobenius Institute's photo archive a long time ago and seeing some drawings made by members of one of Leo Frobenius's expeditions that showed some people from northern Nigeria - and some of these people were explicitly labeled as Fulani - from back then wearing traditional clothing that included hats that looked similar to cowboy hats. If I can find the images again, I'll post them here.

I remember being surprised at first upon seeing the drawings, but as I thought about it a bit more it started to make sense: the coincidence between the appearance of these two hats from different cultures may have to do with underlying similarities in the daily activities of cowboys and the daily activities of traditional Fulani herders. That sort of shape of hat may have been considered ideal for that kind of occupation/lifestyle.
Re: Cultural Rewards Yearly Roundup by Nobody: 1:02am On Oct 22, 2013
Nyumba: I can ship at my expances to one of the three (??) winners this Rwandan little spear (it's an arrow) made by a forgeron and bought at a cheap price in 2002 by my mother during a travel in the country

I find it adorable in it's size and design. I could use one of these
Re: Cultural Rewards Yearly Roundup by Adamskuty(m): 1:36pm On Oct 22, 2013
EDITED:- well i've contributed alot to this section especially putting my all in getting rid of that troll that has brought misery for almost all nairalanders in the culture section... My coming here is indeed a blessing!

1 Like

Re: Cultural Rewards Yearly Roundup by Deprince36m(m): 12:29pm On Oct 27, 2013
[/color]red[color=#990000]
Re: Cultural Rewards Yearly Roundup by Nobody: 12:12pm On Nov 19, 2013
I like this section. One of my favs on NL smiley

1 Like

Re: Cultural Rewards Yearly Roundup by Nobody: 7:25am On Dec 15, 2013
Everyone knows me on this section. You don't? *smh*

#TeamGOM

(1) (Reply)

Igbo, Hausa And Yoruba: The Wisest, The Most Brilliant And The Most Industrious / The Edos And The Rains / Yoruba Teachers Wanted In Brazil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.