Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,693 members, 7,945,129 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 11:39 AM

ASUU Holds Street Rallies In Onitsha And Awka. - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Holds Street Rallies In Onitsha And Awka. (18292 Views)

LASU VC, John Obafunwa Has No PhD & Holds Two Jobs - ASUU / Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / Nigeria Police Clampdown On ASUU Rallies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Holds Street Rallies In Onitsha And Awka. by Mubby4luv(m): 9:19pm On Oct 14, 2013
Make i laugh small , no big. grin idiats
Re: ASUU Holds Street Rallies In Onitsha And Awka. by beautyng(f): 9:19pm On Oct 14, 2013
pls, God in2 ur hands i commit my bloved country... i dnt ve any oda country *sobs*
Re: ASUU Holds Street Rallies In Onitsha And Awka. by gerrardomendes(m): 9:19pm On Oct 14, 2013
cuntento: From strike to rally.....
Fighting for their own selfish interests.
now we know hu they r fighting for . . . .........themselves
Re: ASUU Holds Street Rallies In Onitsha And Awka. by timpaker(m): 9:21pm On Oct 14, 2013
Emzybrown:

Is it the administration of gej that signed the agreement? ASUU should start a renegotiation since there has been a change of government.

Partially.
GEJ was the Vice President then.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Holds Street Rallies In Onitsha And Awka. by picoba(m): 9:21pm On Oct 14, 2013

I like ASUU.

Re: ASUU Holds Street Rallies In Onitsha And Awka. by picoba(m): 9:23pm On Oct 14, 2013
timpaker:

Partially.
GEJ was the Vice President then.

Small boy comment.
Re: ASUU Holds Street Rallies In Onitsha And Awka. by Ghozye(f): 9:23pm On Oct 14, 2013
JOEizu: Like,
If u support ASUU.
JOEizu: Like,
if u support #FG

hmmm,no likes? undecided
owwkies,,,like, if u support me n d Great Nigerian students!cool

1 Like

Re: ASUU Holds Street Rallies In Onitsha And Awka. by Dubemkelly(m): 9:26pm On Oct 14, 2013
Bunch of confused lecturers...They r confused like d courses they teach

1 Like

Re: ASUU Holds Street Rallies In Onitsha And Awka. by picoba(m): 9:26pm On Oct 14, 2013
but GEJ is spending 3.2trillion to build centenary village in abuja. The same government cannot support education
Bossforeva: 3 trillion, hun? Even Joseph the Dreamer couldn't dream of that! Keep on Day Dreaming!
Re: ASUU Holds Street Rallies In Onitsha And Awka. by Myque1(m): 9:26pm On Oct 14, 2013
Hope they have a rally in Owerri soon as well. I'm really finding it hard to see the silver lining in this one...
Re: ASUU Holds Street Rallies In Onitsha And Awka. by begwong: 9:28pm On Oct 14, 2013
ASUU,una sorry oo. no salary for this sallah,may be till xmas.
Take una plight to the hague. shebi una say una lives is in danger,u can undanger it by going bak to d class while negotiation continues wit FG.
Re: ASUU Holds Street Rallies In Onitsha And Awka. by ben4reel: 9:29pm On Oct 14, 2013
Dr.seno1:
ah..... now I know what ASUU is up to grin grin
Please, tell us grin
Re: ASUU Holds Street Rallies In Onitsha And Awka. by 3ace(m): 9:34pm On Oct 14, 2013
She said among other demands, ASUU was asking for an injection of N400bn
intervention fund annually into university
education over the next three years.
She also said ASUU wants the Federal
Government to aid state-owned
universities, pay lecturers their earned
allowances, gradually increase budgetary
allocation to education, transfer landed
property to universities and make
companies operating in Nigeria to set up
research and development units.
I really don't see anything wrong in the above demands by ASUU. These are for the benefit of our educational system. A while ago, I saw market women on TV who do not really understand the real issue. FG is selfish, insensitive and wicked. Their private pockets are their utmost concern. What a pity!
Re: ASUU Holds Street Rallies In Onitsha And Awka. by Nobody: 9:35pm On Oct 14, 2013
Weak niggas be acting gangsta badass and shitt
Re: ASUU Holds Street Rallies In Onitsha And Awka. by dancrux(m): 9:35pm On Oct 14, 2013
ASUU made me make alot of money,wey I go use flex 4 school,ASUU carry on joor
Re: ASUU Holds Street Rallies In Onitsha And Awka. by Mannylex(m): 9:39pm On Oct 14, 2013
When hunger sets in.
Re: ASUU Holds Street Rallies In Onitsha And Awka. by 3ace(m): 9:40pm On Oct 14, 2013
dheaven: ASUU is more corrupt than Federal Government.
Trust me, you don't know what you're saying.
Re: ASUU Holds Street Rallies In Onitsha And Awka. by Innonaira: 9:40pm On Oct 14, 2013
Assu don mis dia goal lyk YAKUBU
Re: ASUU Holds Street Rallies In Onitsha And Awka. by Rotimigabriel(m): 9:42pm On Oct 14, 2013
alexleo: Agreement is agreement. FG must honour the agreement they signed with them. All this one you people are making here against ASUU is just noise that cannot help you. If the FG feels for you students they should ve gone further to keep an agreement they signed. They have kept you people in the house and you think by blaming ASUU your problem will be solved. Keep dreaming.

And u tink by supporting ASUU, your own problem too will b solved abi?
Re: ASUU Holds Street Rallies In Onitsha And Awka. by hismail1(m): 9:46pm On Oct 14, 2013
he is part of the government that sign the agreement bcus he is the vp during dat period
Re: ASUU Holds Street Rallies In Onitsha And Awka. by Littlehooper: 9:49pm On Oct 14, 2013
Emzybrown:

Is it the administration of gej that signed the agreement? ASUU should start a renegotiation since there has been a change of government.
timpaker:

My sentiments exactly
Emzybrown:

IT CAN'T BE SO.
ANY GOVERNMENT IN POWER WILL HONOUR ANY AGREEMENT ON GROUND LIKEWISE DEFICIT..
OKONJO IWEALA IS D PERSON BEHIND THIS ASUU ISSUE....
Re: ASUU Holds Street Rallies In Onitsha And Awka. by alexleo(m): 9:49pm On Oct 14, 2013
Emzybrown:

It was the federal Government of Nigeria that signed the agreement so it doesn't matter who was president at that time. Take it to court and they ll tell you the same thing. FG knows this that's why they can't take ASUU to court. They ll lose woefully in court. That's why they resorted to giving ASUU a small fraction of the agreement so that you people will have sympathy for them and start blaming ASUU. The same tactics they use when campaigning for election. They share rice and 1000 naira notes to people and the people clap for them and vote them to power. When they get there they ll turn their back to the same people and chop the money alone with their family members. Nigerians are not tired of the deceit of politicians. Keep blaming ASUU and remain at home while the children of the politicians you are supporting are schooling overseas or private universities around. Who loses at the end? Students.

6 Likes

Re: ASUU Holds Street Rallies In Onitsha And Awka. by Femistico(m): 9:51pm On Oct 14, 2013
they neva see anything, abeg thumbs up for fg for the no-work-no-pay policy its really working. how I wish it has been effective since 2months ago make d lecturers suffer buh no qualms sha...striking bcuz of earned allowance, I hate ASUU...
Re: ASUU Holds Street Rallies In Onitsha And Awka. by joeralph(m): 9:53pm On Oct 14, 2013
I knew it would come to this,next will be asking the admin to step down.Objective Achieved!
Re: ASUU Holds Street Rallies In Onitsha And Awka. by Sormeh: 9:54pm On Oct 14, 2013
memski: bunch of elements dat want their own Rome to be built in a day.... I support FG on this one... only 2 months is left fo me to round up... na de only thin wey de vex me.... I don write project tire, no supervision..

2 months to round UP? That's what we are talking about. Half-baked education!

1 Like

Re: ASUU Holds Street Rallies In Onitsha And Awka. by flavin: 9:55pm On Oct 14, 2013
these few ASUU supporters I can bet that their parents are lecturers

1 Like

Re: ASUU Holds Street Rallies In Onitsha And Awka. by Nobody: 9:56pm On Oct 14, 2013
beauty ng: pls, God in2 ur hands i commit my bloved country... i dnt ve any oda country *sobs*
Go to Ghana. She is ready to receive you. No cry again grin
Re: ASUU Holds Street Rallies In Onitsha And Awka. by castrokins(m): 9:57pm On Oct 14, 2013
timpaker:
I support ASUU. The government should honour the 2009 agreement or no lectures.
But I feel that instead of this rally they ought to be doing more on advocacy and sensitization as the general public have no idea on what the rift between ASUU and FG is all about.

She Stated The Rift, Or How Did You Read Her Statement? The Motive Here Is Greed And It's Obvious. Not Only Are ASUU Members Greedy, Nigerians Are Naturally Insatiable. If You Want To Earn Like David Mark, Get In Politics, SIMPLES.
Re: ASUU Holds Street Rallies In Onitsha And Awka. by bxcode(m): 9:59pm On Oct 14, 2013
If u are not supporting ASUU, then u are supporting our corrupt government, put yourself in ASUU shoes, a senators monthly allowance can comfortably pay the salaries of 20 professors or more, depending on their level and institution, too bad its d students that are suffering.
Re: ASUU Holds Street Rallies In Onitsha And Awka. by nicxguy(m): 9:59pm On Oct 14, 2013
Sormeh: If the FG actually signed the much talked about agreement in 2009, there's no way they could have done so without understanding its implication. So, it is the FG who is hypocritical here for failing to honour the document. These people are fighting for us all. When those idi©ts are embezzling up there with impunity nobody calls for heads. Abeg let's fight for quality education once and for all.
as if to say if de are paid there would quality education
castrokins:

She Stated The Rift, Or How Did You Read Her Statement? The Motive Here Is Greed And It's Obvious. Not Only Are ASUU Members Greedy, Nigerians Are Naturally Insatiable. If You Want To Earn Like David Mark, Get In Politics, SIMPLES.
Sormeh: If the FG actually signed the much talked about agreement in 2009, there's no way they could have done so without understanding its implication. So, it is the FG who is hypocritical here for failing to honour the document. These people are fighting for us all. When those idi©ts are embezzling up there with impunity nobody calls for heads. Abeg let's fight for quality education once and for all.
as if to say if de are paid there would quality education
Re: ASUU Holds Street Rallies In Onitsha And Awka. by castrokins(m): 10:00pm On Oct 14, 2013
alexleo:

It was the federal Government of Nigeria that signed the agreement so it doesn't matter who was president at that time. Take it to court and they ll tell you the same thing. FG knows this that's why they can't take ASUU to court. They ll lose woefully in court. That's why they resorted to giving ASUU a small fraction of the agreement so that you people will have sympathy for them and start blaming ASUU. The same tactics they use when campaigning for election. They share rice and 1000 naira notes to people and the people clap for them and vote them to power. When they get there they ll turn their back to the same people and chop the money alone with their family members. Nigerians are not tired of the deceit of politicians. Keep blaming ASUU and remain at home while the children of the politicians you are supporting are schooling overseas or private universities around. Who loses at the end? Students.

Agreement Was Signed On Projections. The Reality Now Is That It's Not Implementable. There's Need For Re-negotiations.
Re: ASUU Holds Street Rallies In Onitsha And Awka. by alexleo(m): 10:03pm On Oct 14, 2013
Rotimigabriel:

And u tink by supporting ASUU, your own problem too will b solved abi?

Which problem do I have? I graduated in the 90's. An employer of labour now. I know Nigeria politicians and their dubious attitude very very well that's why I am telling you students to be careful of your support for them. Supporting them has no good to yield for you.
ASUU is not ready to be intimidated even with the no work, no pay thing. Federal govt cannot do anything more than that to ASUU. They can't sack them either. If they sack them, where will they get the required number of professors and Phd holders to replace them? Currently, the number of profs and PHDs on ground are not even enough for the universities we have in Nigeria. So what do you gain by blaming ASUU that knows these facts and are not ready to shift ground? Is it not better you people push the govt to do their part so that you get back to school? Or you prefer staying at home and blaming ASUU endlessly?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Making Money Tips As A Student In Campus.. / Bawa To Students: No Shortcut To Wealth, EFCC Will Catch You / Taraba Secondary School Students Expelled For Protesting Over Lack Of Amenities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.