Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,477 members, 7,971,781 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 03:32 PM

GTBank Customer Humiliation - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / GTBank Customer Humiliation (21205 Views)

Man Strips Unclad Inside Gtbank As His Money Vanished From His Account (video) / My Humiliation At ECOBANK Badagry. / Shoddy Gtbank Customer Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GTBank Customer Humiliation by king94(m): 4:35pm On Oct 15, 2013
chucky234: Haba I think say you want to show me say you sabi book pass me,I tanda dey wait for you odoryor.
What a clueless deluded discombobulated chronic goon,preposterous void brain.
Just came back nd saw ur comment.All I can say is that you are taking it personally.If you can come to ur insultive conclusion by reading my statement,all I can say is you lack comprehension nd it won't be a bad idea if you go back to learn it.I also don't care if I'm smarter than you or not.Ur statement shows dat you will find it hard to beat a primary school student in a CIVIL discussion.
Re: GTBank Customer Humiliation by erniok(m): 4:36pm On Oct 15, 2013
Mr McJay: OP. Your story doeen't add up. I finishd from OAU last year and I've been banking with GTB since '10. So, I'm well conversant with the branch and officials you are talking about. Besides, I have used the ATM there at more dangerous times 1-5am than you did, and the security men never constituted a nuisance.

I think you paid the price for refusing to adhere to simple instructions. You think it is a slum where there are no rules? You were in OAU for God's sake where Professors' cars have been deflated for wrongful parking.

Didn't you see the parking space beside Zenith, opposite GT? What did you think it was for, playing monkey post?
You are very lucky robbers did not attack that branch that day. We would have seen your face on crime fighters.

Next time, obey simple instructions. A security man is there for your own security.

This sort reeks of ignorance and very appalling and you call yourself a graduate.

1 Like

Re: GTBank Customer Humiliation by Jideh9ty(m): 4:41pm On Oct 15, 2013
Thebrightest: Just passing by...
__/""""|""""\_____
|__/@\____/@\___|%
If you have packed a car, u wont have faced such harrasement.
Anyways, the beautiful CAR above is for sales ooo!.

i like your ride jare
Re: GTBank Customer Humiliation by olatayo1984(m): 4:46pm On Oct 15, 2013
Everyone act as God in this country, simple instruction but bcs you thk why shd secruity man talk to you like that,that man may be a graduate but because who we are in this country,proud set of people,you are not telling us,you have dollars and so what. You respect people for them to respect you. I bank with them in that branch you are talking about,that secruity man may disrespect you but you caused it. Let respect people no man who we are. I will advice you go back and beg them and do what they want you to do. We shd not contribute to the insanity of this country,let act as a sane person.

1 Like

Re: GTBank Customer Humiliation by Olamilekan08(m): 4:50pm On Oct 15, 2013
superstar1:

Oga, whether privates or public, bikes are not allowed within the banking premises or at most they have a designated point for parking and monitoring. If it was a mopol that ordered the OP to park somewhere else, will he dare walk away.

2 branches of banks were robbed on the same campus last week with bikes. Bikes are always used to snatch customers money as they are stepping out of the banks and you think the guard is out of line to call in the school security. He is simply doing his job.

OP should realise bank is a customer friendly and extremely security sensitive environment. Why expecting you to be treated as king, they should not also compromise their security just because you want to be king. I have been in a Barclays Bank in London where the bank called in the police for a customer. So what are we talking about here. We have the wrong idea of what customer is always right nonsense is. Customer is always right notion also comes with a responsibility on the part of the customer.

No bank will allow you to disobey their security personnel because that is their first line of defense.
thank u 4 d clearification.
Bt dnt let us foget dat the instruction is 4 public bike, and also he met one on d slab. So where is his fault?
Re: GTBank Customer Humiliation by olusola2bello: 5:10pm On Oct 15, 2013
settie:

Pally, I extracted the above to highlight the underlining attitude that led d situation to degenerate.

Firstly u said a security man told u private bikes were allowed on d slab. Hearsay, if u ask me.u can't prove that.
Another bike on the slab could mean that the person in question must have explained his situation to the guards, unlike you who found them too little to engage in a civil conversation.

Next u reported an already degenerated situation to d manager. Guess what? He will be thorough in handling it.
Calling a security personnel from his duty post means drafting someone to cover d post before the guard can leave. If after only a few minutes u loose ur head and start blabbing, then this conduct further emphasises d underlining attitude that caused d prblm.

Let me continue where u stopped. And then u tild d manager that u "don't have all day". Bros dat was a rude attitude to d manager also. He was only trying to assist...

Bottom line is.....gentle words calm stormy waters. Truly if na mopol dey dere...u go get dat kain mouth? Just saying sha. 2 wrongs don't make a right. I think u got what u wanted, a chance to ridicle d bank on nairaland 'trend'....I think u achieved dat. The yorubas will say when u throw a stone into a market, u could hit a neighbour. Dat 'security guard' is someone's father too.....So let's move on with life.....today is sallah....Barka de sallah.
Re: GTBank Customer Humiliation by WackyJ1(m): 5:24pm On Oct 15, 2013
Kslib:
You have to understand that the modus operandi of Staffs(those who work inside the bank) is different from that of lets say "a security man". I am not in anyway saying that security men are ordered to be harsh but the instructions given to them by the bank is simple "Call anyone to order to who violates the rules".. The man is just protecting his job. Who wants to gets sacked cos of a customers mistake.

In the security man's words------ "Get out!! Leave here!".. To be honest, i see nothing insulting or demeaning in those words. Yes, it sounds harsh but hey! Nigerians are equally damn stubborn and like it is said "Iron sharpenth Iron".. Its not like he called the @op a foool,iddiot or something of that nature.. I only see a security man who was surprised that despite the continuous endless emphasis which has been made on parking, people still find it hard to obey.

Funny how you are focusing on the words of the security but refused to address the op's decision to ignore someone who was calling him to order. He could have used just a minute to explain but he ignored the man. I call that rude.

I thought you were giving good posts till i saw what you put up there in the bolded. YOU ARE BIASED MY GOOD MAN,
1. Because you see nothing demeaning and insultive in those words doesn't mean that no one else will, i have been a victim of insults by said KIng customers and i have bristled and become angry but guess what, i kept my cool. Much less someone that

2. How can a security man's first address to you be Get out and leave here . That's the height of Rudeness and it was a display of maturity by the poster to even ignore the man and that was because the OP had something very important to do. There are many people out there that would not even tolerate the comment by the security guard not one bit, they would insult him and if they found their bike towed like that and they had friends with Police or even army agents, they would have had the security man bundled away. Yet all this man did was just to come to nairaland.. Sounds very gentle to me

3.. Why cant you look at it from the perspective that the OP had something very urgent to do in the bank and that was why he even ignored the man in the first place. If he was an proud and arrogant as you and most of everyone here are making him out to be, Would he not have stood there, forgot what he was doing just so that he could teach the security guard manners by insulting him?

4. you justify the Guard's actions by saying that Iron sharpeneth iron. How did the Security man know that this particulr man was iron in the first place that made him decide that he should be the iron that sharpeneth him?
You also say that the man acted the way he did because he has seen rude nigerians. Are you saying that because the guard has seen rude nigerians, he should assume that every Nigerian is rude? and therefore her should approach any and all with a commanding and condecending tone?

Kslib:
Just like you said "Managing a job that involves regular contact with people require certain skills". This statement is true and that is why i said "The modus operandi of a security man is diff from someone who works in the customer care unit". People who work in security units are required to develop thick skin by default and exude an aura of toughness and authority.

Being rude and being tough are two different things. The job of a security man requires some certain level of toughness considering who they(the security) are dealing with here----- The ever stubborn Nigerians.
All izz well!
Just like She should understand that the modulus operandi of Security men and Customer service agents are allowed, so also should the Security guard understand that customers might not understand the difference between being rude and being tough. If the Security agent is allowed to treat the man as every other rude nigerian he has met before then the man should also treat him as one of the agents in the bank and do what needs to be done.
Y

1 Like

Re: GTBank Customer Humiliation by chucky234(m): 5:47pm On Oct 15, 2013
king94: Just came back nd saw ur comment.All I can say is that you are taking it personally.If you can come to ur insultive conclusion by reading my statement,all I can say is you lack comprehension nd it won't be a bad idea if you go back to learn it.I also don't care if I'm smarter than you or not.Ur statement shows dat you will find it hard to beat a primary school student in a CIVIL discussion.
You are surely a primary school pupil as you just pointed out, I actually underestimated your daft brain.
You dumbly said I lack comprehension,yet you failed to comprehend "commoner" from the context it was used.
Go back to JSS 1 and learn the act of putting the right word in the right place before coming here to correct me,moronic goon.
Re: GTBank Customer Humiliation by InvertedHammer: 5:48pm On Oct 15, 2013
/
@OP:

Answer this question honestly and you will have my answer.

If it was a soldier with koboko standing guard at the bank that told you not to park there, would have ignored him?
Re: GTBank Customer Humiliation by king94(m): 5:52pm On Oct 15, 2013
chucky234: You are surely a primary school pupil as you just pointed out, I actually underestimated your daft brain.
You dumbly said I lack comprehension,yet you failed to comprehend "commoner" from the context it was used.
Go back to JSS 1 and learn the act of putting the right word in the right place before coming here to correct me,moronic goon.
Can u make ur point without resorting to insults
Re: GTBank Customer Humiliation by eguityjustice(m): 6:32pm On Oct 15, 2013
indoorlove: Though the security Man spoke rudely to you but you should have atleast obey his instruction and come back after re-parking the bike to question him why he spoke to you in such an unfriendly manner..
how are we sure that the security man was rude to him. i believe in equity and justice and where ever i am equity must prevail. We havnt heared from the security man. but based on what obtainable here, op u disobeyed simple intruction. in as much as i didnt support what the security man did but u should know that respect is a reciprocal. if it was in police station, would have ingnored the security man? for the fact that banks treat their customers as king does not mean u should go their and disobey them .
Re: GTBank Customer Humiliation by Nobody: 6:40pm On Oct 15, 2013
I don't know who is right nor wrong and am nt supporting any1,all I knw is dat most of GTBank OAU branch staffs ar rude,dey lack common courtesy and their manners of approach is poor. I knw this cuz I also bank with them
Re: GTBank Customer Humiliation by affyong: 7:03pm On Oct 15, 2013
Nutase: My problem with Nigerians is that they cannot obey simple instructions. If the bank say they don't want bikes within the premises probaably for security reasons why don't you just obey them. You are probably a very proud and pompous person who thinks the security man is too small to talk to u. I bank with them too and in the north where I am based they allow bikes park at a certain spot not to close to d bank. I have seen lots of customers loose their hard earned money to "private bike" owners like you who snatch things from peoples hands and zoom off and I'm sure that's why they don't allow them park to close to d bank.
Go and check yourself before you start trying to make someone loose his job for your arrogant attitude.
like seriously ? Because U̶̲̥̅̊ ve an acct with them n they allow bikes within a certain area n now he parked his were he saw another bike already parked he is at fault? Na wah for una O. He is proud n pompous? What gives u the right to insult or try pschoanalyse him? He asked for advice not for insults n so if U̶̲̥̅̊ don't ve one then don't say anything ! Unkle with the acct pls take it easy just go back to the bank n talk with the manager ! τ̲̅ђe security man, may ve been having a bad day so just be calm n as for the author of the quote it will be in ur interest not to INSULT ME because I will RETURN τ̲̅ђe favour a ZILLION fold as pple on Nairaland ve a bad habit of cursing pple n I won't take it from anybody
Re: GTBank Customer Humiliation by Godson201333(m): 7:19pm On Oct 15, 2013
Gtb is full of rude workers.... grin grin grin
Re: GTBank Customer Humiliation by oluwawunmi(f): 7:21pm On Oct 15, 2013
Just like Gtb Amu in olorunsogo mushin there customer care is bad there a guy there very rude
Re: GTBank Customer Humiliation by doopsy(f): 7:35pm On Oct 15, 2013
Some one is advicing he closes his account,I laugh in chinese,why do nigerians like saying that sef,if dangote says that ehen people wil shiver,abegiiii
Re: GTBank Customer Humiliation by Nutase: 7:40pm On Oct 15, 2013
Seun: He had every right to park at that spot. It was his normal parking spot. The new security guard was ignorant of this and he was rude to the customer, which is why the customer ignored him. His decision to have the bike towed without consultation was a form of power tripping, and quite stupid, really. How did that action help the bank? He should have been reprimanded.
Seun the capitalist, you have changed the topic of this post like how many times today. You use posts like this to extort corporate organisations. Its your show run it well but I'll advice you do it with a conscience. Once any topic criticizes an organization especially banks that are always willing to part with cash u always move it to the front page then wait for them to come and bribe sorry beg you to either remove, close or modify the post by lying to us.
Re: GTBank Customer Humiliation by indoorlove(m): 7:47pm On Oct 15, 2013
eguity&justice:
how are we sure that the security man was rude to him. i believe in equity and justice and where ever i am equity must prevail. We havnt heared from the security man. but based on what obtainable here, op u disobeyed simple intruction. in as much as i didnt support what the security man did but u should know that respect is a reciprocal. if it was in police station, would have ingnored the security man? for the fact that banks treat their customers as king does not mean u should go their and disobey them .
My coment was based on the poster's claim. I guess we practically mean thesame thing, albet in different way.
Re: GTBank Customer Humiliation by Seun(m): 7:49pm On Oct 15, 2013
Nutase: Seun the capitalist, you have changed the topic of this post like how many times today. You use posts like this to extort corporate organisations. Its your show run it well but I'll advice you do it with a conscience. Once any topic criticizes an organization especially banks that are always willing to part with cash u always move it to the front page then wait for them to come and bribe sorry beg you to either remove, close or modify the post by lying to us.
1. I never changed the title of this thread. Ask any moderator to confirm this. I chose the home page title and I haven't changed that either.
2. We have never demanded or accepted money from any organization as payment for making bad publicity go away. Our ethics forbid that.

I think I went a bit too far with my home page title, though. Using the word impotent was unnecessary. For what it's worth, I have always felt that GTB is a top bank in Nigeria when it comes to customer service. However, it won't remain that way if people don't complain when they err.

3 Likes

Re: GTBank Customer Humiliation by touchmeder: 8:11pm On Oct 15, 2013
I was at the GT Bank today (OAU, ILE-IFE branch) to deposit a sum of money. I went with a private bike to the bank. It has been continually emphasized that public bikes are not allowed at the bank’s car park (although no symbolic indication there). On this day, I was about parking this bike of mine on the slab as I use to do

Poor customer care and the harsh environment in Nigeria is responsible for alot of rubbish people go through. Fancy people coming here and telling op HE IS WRONG, HE IS WRONG. I dont blame most of the people who hold this opinion, you dont know any better. Neither do most Nigerians know the right a customer has or how he/she ought to be treated. Did you read the story very very well His bike is a PRIVATE ONE obviously so many people are skipping that bit (how una pass JAMB)
That said, op perhaps you should have ironed things out abit with the security man before walking away (i only say this because it is the proper thing to do. You dont know if a new rule came out that morning as to the number of bikes that can be parked within the premises or whether there is a new spot for a 2nd bike etc). I feel the manager should have acted promptly and properly in any case. We dont know how to appreciate customers in Nigeria. The fact it is a customer who banks there, without him you dont have a damn job, you should at least form concerned and let the security man release the bike. At that point, the security man or manager can chip in ''thats not the spot where bikes are parked in case of next time etc''. Simple courtesy from all parties concerned. Remember ''customer is always .......
Op dont pay a penny to get that bike back. Pursue this case to the latter, the least you will get is your bike intact. Some folks are about to lose their job. You watch
Re: GTBank Customer Humiliation by crackhouse(m): 8:16pm On Oct 15, 2013
you see, some of these security people always thought they have the right and have been given the license to misbehave because they are security people but however, I still suspect that u are at fault.
Re: GTBank Customer Humiliation by sportfeva(m): 8:19pm On Oct 15, 2013
They are my banker too especially that same branch and they give me respect. Maybe because of my dress as I love and strive to dress simple and cute where as I don't have bogus account like that, as i am close to become millionaire. In fact, some of the security men know me. Before I think of saying hi, they already do.
Asides, Mr bikeman, do you hear or aware recently that they broke someone glass door and made away with the person money at the First bank same OAU branch. The suspects used Okada and zoom off. They broke the glass door perhaps so quietly and before the car owner could know and alert the bank security for help, the thieves on Okada have reach and even pass the campus main gate. With that, there is nothing they could do. Is a pity student were not around because there will be lots passerby mostly student at the park. The security men must learn from this.
So, my advice is simply adhere to security instructions. The same instruction town bus are striving to adhere to.
Re: GTBank Customer Humiliation by crackhouse(m): 8:23pm On Oct 15, 2013
Godson201333: Gtb is full of rude workers.... grin grin grin
my dear, you are very wrong.

1 Like

Re: GTBank Customer Humiliation by touchmeder: 8:35pm On Oct 15, 2013
toptop: @poster, why is it that it is only in the banks that Nigerians expect perfect service? Every other service provider fails to meet your expectation and you dont shout blue murder. The next thing is that you will want staff to be sacked, so that you will be satisfied. Where as you are in your own service corner messing up. In this case, you are wrong. Why should you come to the bank with your bike? Stop crying fowl where there is no harm. Be careful and repent.

Nairaland nor go kill me. What does fowl have to do with this matter? What role does repentance play sef?? Nigerians are too funny jare grin cheesy cheesy grin
Re: GTBank Customer Humiliation by Caracta(f): 8:47pm On Oct 15, 2013
Many Nigerians have low self-esteem issues!

1 Like

Re: GTBank Customer Humiliation by tosine25: 9:27pm On Oct 15, 2013
olatayo1984: Everyone act as God in this country, simple instruction but bcs you thk why shd secruity man talk to you like that,that man may be a graduate but because who we are in this country,proud set of people,you are not telling us,you have dollars and so what. You respect people for them to respect you. I bank with them in that branch you are talking about,that secruity man may disrespect you but you caused it. Let respect people no man who we are. I will advice you go back and beg them and do what they want you to do. We shd not contribute to the insanity of this country,let act as a sane person.

If the security man is a graduate, he's suppose to behave like one by explaining better the reason why dy don't allow bikes to park... He can't just send da bike man away for no reason. At times dos gaurds just open dre mouf and vibrate *hit out of frustration....
Re: GTBank Customer Humiliation by sunnydayasaba(m): 10:59pm On Oct 15, 2013
Nutase: My problem with Nigerians is that they cannot obey simple instructions. If the bank say they don't want bikes within the premises probaably for security reasons why don't you just obey them. You are probably a very proud and pompous person who thinks the security man is too small to talk to u. I bank with them too and in the north where I am based they allow bikes park at a certain spot not to close to d bank. I have seen lots of customers loose their hard earned money to "private bike" owners like you who snatch things from peoples hands and zoom off and I'm sure that's why they don't allow them park to close to d bank.
Go and check yourself before you start trying to make someone loose his job for your arrogant attitude.

l feel u didn't take time to read the OP post very well before writing wat u jst wrote. U feel to understand that some security officials are gud at abusing power. The OP wrote up there that the security man spoke to him rudely, "Get out, dnt park there" am sure wat is going through the security mens mind is that Okada Riders are nuisance and not rich, so they can be spoken to anyhow. U must understand that most Bank security men only respect car owners and disrespecting Okada and Bicycle riders. Am happy the OP acted matured by ignoring the security man instead of exchanging words wit him that resulted to the man seizing his bike. Pls next tym always put urself in others shoes before commenting.
Re: GTBank Customer Humiliation by chucky234(m): 10:59pm On Oct 15, 2013
king94: Can u make ur point without resorting to insults
Not when King94 is involved.
Re: GTBank Customer Humiliation by stylesco: 12:27am On Oct 16, 2013
olatayo1984: Everyone act as God in this country, simple instruction but bcs you thk why shd secruity man talk to you like that,that man may be a graduate but because who we are in this country,proud set of people,you are not telling us,you have dollars and so what. You respect people for them to respect you. I bank with them in that branch you are talking about,that secruity man may disrespect you but you caused it. Let respect people no man who we are. I will advice you go back and beg them and do what they want you to do. We shd not contribute to the insanity of this country,let act as a sane person.

I agree with that you need to respect people to earn respect, but the security man disrespected him first by speaking to him rudely.
I'm sure that's why he ignored him.
Lots of people in nigeria fail to understand this.
You walk into an organisation, talk to a staff with respect whilst he or she looks down on you and behaves dis respectfully.

You've forgotten that customer is always right.
Re: GTBank Customer Humiliation by settie: 4:14am On Oct 16, 2013
Seun:
1. I never changed the title of this thread. Ask any moderator to confirm this. I chose the home page title and I haven't changed that either.
2. We have never demanded or accepted money from any organization as payment for making bad publicity go away. Our ethics forbid that.

I think I went a bit too far with my home page title, though. Using the word impotent was unnecessary. For what it's worth, I have always felt that GTB is a top bank in Nigeria when it comes to customer service. However, it won't remain that way if people don't complain when they err.

Abegi make we look front. Ethics ni...na today?
This kinda bad publicity does nt deserve FP especially when d story is smelling wt d guy's arrogance. Thru out his story he makes no effort to assign any portion of d blame to himself, when it was obvious he flouted simple rules.
N u encourage such rubbish by putting it on FP? Shame no catch u?
Re: GTBank Customer Humiliation by erniok(m): 6:51am On Oct 16, 2013
settie:

Abegi make we look front. Ethics ni...na today?
This kinda bad publicity does nt deserve FP especially when d story is smelling wt d guy's arrogance. Thru out his story he makes no effort to assign any portion of d blame to himself, when it was obvious he flouted simple rules.
N u encourage such rubbish by putting it on FP? Shame no catch u?

Na your type de drag us back for this nation.left with people like you, stone age will be the ideal state for this country.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? / Mutual Benefit Assurance Ltd Seizes My Money- With Pics / Enaira Becomes USSD Enabled From Next Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.