Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,784 members, 7,898,796 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 07:25 PM

Why Igbo Guys Never Marry Yoruba Women? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Igbo Guys Never Marry Yoruba Women? (34380 Views)

"Igbo Guys Are The Real Demons"- Girl Narrates Her Ugly Dating Experience / 7 Reasons Why Your Long Time Boyfriend Will Never Marry You / Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Go Down)

Re: Why Igbo Guys Never Marry Yoruba Women? by Nobody: 9:23pm On Oct 15, 2013
Billyonaire: Why is Tribalism so high between the Igbos and Yorubas ? I am ashamed of you people, we of other tribes believe we are more civil than both of your tribes, cos you guys hate yourselves so much and its affecting the developments of other ethnicity.

Shame on you fo0ls.

How??
Re: Why Igbo Guys Never Marry Yoruba Women? by adetoru(f): 9:24pm On Oct 15, 2013
I'm Yoruba and married to Igbo. It's a personal thing. It's not general.

3 Likes

Re: Why Igbo Guys Never Marry Yoruba Women? by addictiv(m): 9:33pm On Oct 15, 2013
tahh would rather marry an afghan than to settle with a Yoruba lady.....most Yoruba l have met can run down the federal reserve with their mouths.

2 Likes

Re: Why Igbo Guys Never Marry Yoruba Women? by ikekings(m): 9:43pm On Oct 15, 2013
booqee: cool
What's the smiley for?
Re: Why Igbo Guys Never Marry Yoruba Women? by lertee(f): 10:20pm On Oct 15, 2013
DailyNews: I felt more heartbroken than my brother becos she was my best friend when she was dating my brother.

In fact, we used to play and go about like lovers, and I was even the one that thought her how to drive...but she just changed overnight after the wedding.

And due to the tribal difference, it wasn't so easy to make peace bw them...cos Igbo tradition and Yoruba tradition are different.

This brings me to another topic, women y do u like to pretend during courtship She used to act like she loved going to our hometown during festive period, especially xmas, never knew it was all pretence until she was married legally with kids.

Now that my brother is late, since last year, she no longer likes to go home with the kids like every other family member do, despite that her husband built a mansion at home. Imagine no one lives in that big house from year to year now...isn't that enough discouragement not to marry from another tribe?

So this is one major fear that stops majority of Igbo guys from marrying other tribes like: Yoruba and Hausa, not becos we don't like their ladies or wouldn't want to marry them.

I know many guys who wish to marry Hausa or Yoruba ladies, but are afraid that the ladies may not be happy to follow them to Igbo land whenever necessary and should they die tomorrow, it can always happen to anybody, that the Hausa/Yoruba ladies may never take their kids to Igbo land again, and that's scary to imagine.

Aside these, we would have been witnessing more of Igbo guy married to Yoruba or Hausa lady, and if Yoruba and Hausa ladies can learn to accept Igbo guys with all their heart including going to Igbo land with joy even when their igbo husband dies, believe me, igbo guys will start rushing to marry them.

This same reason is why Igbo guys fear to marry white ladies, and even when they marry them, they still come back to Nigeria to marry an Igbo lady for a backup should the white lady refuse to accompany them home or should she decide not to bring the kids back to Nigeria when he dies.

People using Psquare and Omolola's union as a good example should just keep calm cos when my late brother was alive, people, church members and everyone that knows them used their marriage as a good example of a successful inter-tribal marriage not knowing that all is not well, which was not even known to extended family members besides we the immediate family that knows wot he was going through despite the fact that he puts up a lot of all-is-well face hoping things would change with years, but it never happened till his painful unannounced death.

Igbos are just like Jewish people. They love going back to their homeland no matter where they travel to. It is part of Igbo culture. And u can never dare bury an Igbo man in a foreign land that's not his hometown unlike Yorubas and other tribes do.

These are some of the challenges in inter-tribal marriage that young people must consider before agreeing to marry from another tribe; always think of crises time, when the going gets tough, and not just about love, love, fun fun.

I really hope to see changes in future and see more successful happy inter-tribal and inter-racial marriages cos it will bring peace and unity in the world if well practisedsmiley
Wow,my culture is not different from what you just described,we are very conversative. No matter where you go,you must come back home.

1 Like

Re: Why Igbo Guys Never Marry Yoruba Women? by Epig: 11:04pm On Oct 15, 2013
Pea nut brain
dontjealousme: I have noticed that igbo men find it very difficult to marry yoruba women. Could it be that the difficulty stems from the negative image given to yoruba women by yoruba men.

Even when very few igbo women get married to yoruba men, igbo men still will not marry the children from such union becos they consider them yorubas. What is the cause? Here is a post from a yoruba nairalander about yoruba women that i read recently.

https://www.nairaland.com/560076/sick-n-tired-yoruba-girls

Re: Why Igbo Guys Never Marry Yoruba Women? by 49cents(m): 12:15am On Oct 16, 2013
All these tribal talk is trash; are Igbo guys god? I am igbo but could marry any lady once I find her exceptional correspondent

1 Like

Re: Why Igbo Guys Never Marry Yoruba Women? by dontjealousme: 6:09am On Oct 16, 2013
Epig: Pea nut brain

Sorry but was that intended at the yoruba nairalander insulting yoruba women?

@Jeebee if u are going to edit this thread do the job without sentiment. Or u don't at all. The post below is an example of your great editing. wink

Segeggs(m): 4:51pm On Oct 15
it seems u have a personal hate for yorubas.

Wait let me teach u something. Who would want his daughter to marry a man from a tribe that is renowned for 419, kidnapping, money rituals, delusion, making widows drink the water used in washing the corpse of dead hubby etc?
My question is: do you people marry the hausas? Why is jim iyke neglecting alaigbo to marry a ghanaian when u claim to have enough uwain ocha? Why is psquare not marrying any alaigbo gal?

Segeggs(m): 4:59pm On Oct 15
My first galfrnd was an igbo gal. Realised she was very dirty...mouth odour, armpit odour etc, men i dump am sharperly; dat doesnt mean i didnt cum across a dirty yoruba gal too. Dirtiness exist everywhere. Even whites are very dirty...hardly take their bath so i see no reason why igbo people should make it seem as if they are the only ones excempted. What about your gals dat have moustache, goatie, sideboards and hairy all the way like a gorrilla? I know a dumb alaigbo would say "i love them dat way".

Uncultured remarks above from Segeggs is the reason this thread was created in the first place to find out if the negative image given to yoruba women by yoruba men was the reason men of other tribes refuse to marry yoruba women. It is a simple discussion, and we have had alot of reasonable and analytic response. Unfortunately, Segeggs has just exposed himself as a tribal jingoist. Igbos price their women as u rightly acknowledged in the last sentence. Please stop abusing women, most of all yoruba women. It makes them appear unattractive to other tribes.

Nairaland is great because of thread like this that explore aspects of our culture as Nigerians that we often think about and seek answers.

1 Like

Re: Why Igbo Guys Never Marry Yoruba Women? by fummylove(f): 7:32am On Oct 16, 2013
dontjealousme:

@Jeebee if u are going to edit this thread do the job without sentiment. Or u don't at all. The post below is an example of your great editing. wink

Uncultured remarks above from Segeggs is the reason this thread was created in the first place to find out if the negative image given to yoruba women by yoruba men was the reason men of other tribes refuse to marry yoruba women. It is a simple discussion, and we have had alot of reasonable and analytic response. Unfortunately, Segeggs has just exposed himself as a tribal jingoist. Igbos price their women as u rightly acknowledged in the last sentence. Please stop abusing women, most of all yoruba women. It makes them appear unattractive to other tribes.

Nairaland is great because of thread like this that explore aspects of our culture as Nigerians that we often think about and seek answers.
. What are u saying, most yoruba woman marry other tribe, who cares If they are unattractive to other tribe, so far they marry to their tribe we are ok, unattractive Indeed, I don't think any yoruba woman pray to marry igbo men in the first place, cos I don't see any reason for them to marry igbo men, what is there for them to gain nothing, so why would anybody will want to go through that horrible experience with an igbo guy. Yoruba men are loving and caring that is why igbo ladies rush to marry them, why we yoruba women don't feel that way about igbo men that is why we prefare to marry our men.

1 Like

Re: Why Igbo Guys Never Marry Yoruba Women? by fummylove(f): 7:32am On Oct 16, 2013
dontjealousme:

. What are u saying, most yoruba woman marry other tribe, who cares If they are unattractive to other tribe, so far they marry to their tribe we are ok, unattractive Indeed, I don't think any yoruba woman pray to marry igbo men in the first place, cos I don't see any reason for them to marry igbo men, what is there for them to gain nothing, so why would anybody will want to go through that horrible experience with an igbo guy. Yoruba men are loving and caring that is why igbo ladies rush to marry them, why we yoruba women don't feel that way about igbo men that is why we prefare to marry our men.

1 Like

Re: Why Igbo Guys Never Marry Yoruba Women? by chineloSA(f): 7:41am On Oct 16, 2013
Mods, this thread belongs to the Archives under file called ''TRASH"

undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Igbo Guys Never Marry Yoruba Women? by dontjealousme: 7:50am On Oct 16, 2013
fummy love: . What are u saying, most yoruba woman marry other tribe, who cares If they are unattractive to other tribe, so far they marry to their tribe we are ok, unattractive Indeed, I don't think any yoruba woman pray to marry igbo men in the first place, cos I don't see any reason for them to marry igbo men, what is there for them to gain nothing, so why would anybody will want to go through that horrible experience with an igbo guy. Yoruba men are loving and caring that is why igbo ladies rush to marry them, why we yoruba women don't feel that way about igbo men that is why we prefare to marry our men.
Somebody has to make an offer of marriage for it to be refused, as it stands that is not the case, so yoruba women have nothing to refuse.

Besides most yoruba men on this thread boast of their marriage to igbo women and talk bad of yoruba women. How i wish u read some of their comments before Jee bee blocked them. sad

As for igbo ladies rushing to marry them, wat will u do if the likes of Dbanj are offering marriage straight up to Genevieve Nnaji? If anything it is yoruba men that are rushing igbo women for marriage not the other way round.

chineloSA:
Mods, this thread belong to the Archives under file called ''TRASH"

undecided undecided undecided

Why should that be the case wen numerous of such inter-cultural thread are not in the archive called trash? Let the truth be told and let the truth be known no point pretending.

1 Like

Re: Why Igbo Guys Never Marry Yoruba Women? by dontjealousme: 7:54am On Oct 16, 2013
@fummylove, here is a post from a yoruba guy on this thread earlier. Notice the low score he awarded to yoruba women. Perhaps its is time women stop selling them self short by allowing themselves to be second, third and forth wife. Then your value in society will increase.

Jazz247: Attributes of igbo,Calabar or akwa ibom and
yoruba women.No apologies
1.Igbo - Loyalty 99%
Hard work 98%
Good cook 95%
Bedmactics 80%
Intelligence 90%
Good adviser 99%
2.Calabar - Best cook. No rival
Bedmatics 100% No rival
Very hygienic. 100%

3.YORUBA- Loyalty. 5%
Cooking 5%
Bedmatics. 10%
Hygiene. 0%
Infidelity 99%

3 Likes

Re: Why Igbo Guys Never Marry Yoruba Women? by Nobody: 8:14am On Oct 16, 2013
^^^^Sharap

dat was an igbo boy masquerading as a yoruba boy.
Re: Why Igbo Guys Never Marry Yoruba Women? by dontjealousme: 8:17am On Oct 16, 2013
Segeggs: ^^^^Sharap

dat was an igbo boy masquerading as a yoruba boy.

keep decieving yourself, Jazz247 has been around enough to know his tribe, just go through his post. olodo

Perhaps that was why he was criticising igbos for not marrying outside their tribe in this post, also on this thread.

Jazz247: 1:52pm On Oct 15
Men who are ethnic jingoist do not always have successful marriage because they do not explore other tribes in search of a good wife.If u are dating a lady with good attributes ,and she's your best friend and soulmate ,no matter where she comes from, commonsense should take over when taking such vital decision.

and got served by an igbo poster with this.

ketoprofen(m): 2:30pm On Oct 15
OK Nah.
the last tym I checked, Igbo men have the most stable marriages

1 Like

Re: Why Igbo Guys Never Marry Yoruba Women? by Nobody: 11:03am On Oct 16, 2013
^^^Pls go and defend ur people on dat deportation thread in the political section where they are getting bashed.

We all know dat @jazzi and @dontjealousme are thesame person.

1 Like

Re: Why Igbo Guys Never Marry Yoruba Women? by dontjealousme: 11:07am On Oct 16, 2013
Segeggs: ^^^Pls go and defend ur people on dat deportation thread in the political section where they are getting bashed.

We all know dat @jazzi and @dontjealousme are thesame person.

Self deceit is the worse form of mental conditioning. I don't do tribal bashing. Kindly vacate the thread if u have no valid contribution and stop derailing the thread. Jaybee the moderator can confirm that we are not the same person.
Re: Why Igbo Guys Never Marry Yoruba Women? by Nobody: 11:30am On Oct 16, 2013
Yoruba men give bad impression about their women here is a 2012 page on linda ikeji,dat I munched it was funny den

Re: Why Igbo Guys Never Marry Yoruba Women? by Nobody: 11:39am On Oct 16, 2013
And his sisters finished him

Re: Why Igbo Guys Never Marry Yoruba Women? by eguityjustice(m): 1:15pm On Oct 16, 2013
Segeggs: Dirtiness exist in every culture and tribe. Igbos should stop this archaic strategy of name calling to tarnish other tribe especially when those tribes keep prospering.
is the poster from ibo?
Re: Why Igbo Guys Never Marry Yoruba Women? by bukatyne(f): 1:41pm On Oct 16, 2013
I guess the OP has not left his village to know that intertribal marriage is wide spread. From my observation, ibo men marrying yoruba women is actually more widespread than vice versa.

In a sample of about 12 married ladies on my floor, 5 yorubas are married to ibo men.

OP: leave your room alone and view the outside world

1 Like

Re: Why Igbo Guys Never Marry Yoruba Women? by MrsChima(f): 2:23pm On Oct 16, 2013
Nonso23: Endless reasons...Igbo ladies are superb cooks, they are very jealous and protective of their husbands, they are good mothers, they love our culture, plus they are just incredibly sexy and pretty in our traditional attire especially during traditional marriage ceremonies. cheesy
*abeg i no follow for this tribal dissing o* modified

So you are saying Yoruba women do not possess any of those good traits

1 Like

Re: Why Igbo Guys Never Marry Yoruba Women? by teey2(f): 4:39pm On Oct 16, 2013
Reminds me of a couple I know. The husband told us that when he was a Bachelor, he was sure he was not going to marry a Yoruba girl cos he just did not like them and only an igbo girl would do. He did marry his igbo girl. Fast forward about 10 years later, they're getting divorced cos when the husband finally gets a good job and is even the least bit loaded, the wife becomes a stay at home mom who has a nanny and buys designer stuffs for her and 4 kids including the 1 year old twins to the extent that he's getting run down
Re: Why Igbo Guys Never Marry Yoruba Women? by iropelebe(m): 5:12pm On Oct 16, 2013
God forbid for some people,when do we want to stop this hate among ourselves? I am igbo and I can marry any tribe as long as I love her.
Re: Why Igbo Guys Never Marry Yoruba Women? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Oct 16, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

So you are saying Yoruba women do not possess any of those good traits
did I?
Re: Why Igbo Guys Never Marry Yoruba Women? by MrsChima(f): 7:47pm On Oct 16, 2013
Nonso23:
did I?

Did you
Re: Why Igbo Guys Never Marry Yoruba Women? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Oct 16, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

Did you
The answer is obvious na
Re: Why Igbo Guys Never Marry Yoruba Women? by MrsChima(f): 8:02pm On Oct 16, 2013
Nonso23:
The answer is obvious na

If it was obvious.....then I wouldn't have asked you a question.

1 Like

Re: Why Igbo Guys Never Marry Yoruba Women? by Nobody: 8:04pm On Oct 16, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

If it was obvious.....then I wouldn't have asked you a question.
okay o.. For the sake of clarity and to avoid ambiguity. Its an emphatic no. We good?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5)

Slay Queen Offers Herself As Fake Girlfriend To Guys On Valentine's Day For 5k / Lady Kneels Down To Propose To Her Boyfriend & Gets A YES (Video, Pix) / How Do I Handle This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.