Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,408 members, 7,881,496 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 09:18 PM

New Tricks Used By Filling Station's Pump Attendant - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / New Tricks Used By Filling Station's Pump Attendant (65366 Views)

ATM Scam: See The New Method Used By Fraudsters / If You Know Any Filling Station Selling Above Pump Price(n87) Call These Numbers / Come And Learn New Tricks That Cashed Me Over $400 On Fiverr In 5weeks. FREE!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Tricks Used By Filling Station's Pump Attendant by nacotic(m): 11:22am On Oct 16, 2013
Zaynee63: I think it's already an old trick. I must have suffered from it a couple of times before I caught a Mobil Agege Station guy do it to me in 2012.
People should just shine their eye. When are we gonna start doing self service like them oyibo people sef?
Yeah let all of us start SELF SERVICING I tink wia all gona luv it

2 Likes

Re: New Tricks Used By Filling Station's Pump Attendant by YoshiMaster: 11:23am On Oct 16, 2013
Billyonaire: Just pay with your ATM Card, that way, they wont get 1 naira of your money, their loot will go to the management.

ATM payment is really a scam buster sometimes, like all these sellers that say, "Oga, I no get change o", trying to collect 50, 50 naira from everybody.

Me, I pull out my ATM card, and watch their faces collapse in disappointment.

Sorry, no change for u, mhahahaa!
Re: New Tricks Used By Filling Station's Pump Attendant by dimexilux(m): 11:25am On Oct 16, 2013
lonelydora: A guy tried this with me in PH at Oando b4 Refinery junction along Eleme road. He didn't reset the pump which was at 1200 and started filling my tank. When he stopped at 4k, I just started my car to drive out without paying him. It took the intervention of the Manager b4 I gave him the 2800. Yeye people.
u are very smart bro**thumb up**
Re: New Tricks Used By Filling Station's Pump Attendant by wellmax(m): 11:26am On Oct 16, 2013
Bros, this na old trick, very common with Mobil stations especially the ones at Oregun road Ikeja and the one at Ogba, both in Lagos.
Regardless of the amount you want Ŧo buy, they will dispense N500 first and then tell you that they already reset the meter. Its happened Ŧo me several times at those stations and I'd stopped refilling @ all Mobil stations cos of that.

2 Likes

Re: New Tricks Used By Filling Station's Pump Attendant by chelseabmw(m): 11:29am On Oct 16, 2013
@poster

Name withheld for what reason? Abi u want make i fall for same scam abi?

Like if you think this poster is not doing the right thing

7 Likes

Re: New Tricks Used By Filling Station's Pump Attendant by Nobody: 11:31am On Oct 16, 2013
chelseabmw: [b][/b]

Where art thou being?
Re: New Tricks Used By Filling Station's Pump Attendant by Esdb(m): 11:31am On Oct 16, 2013
Nigerians dnt av brains to make new things na only mago mago bain we get chai
Re: New Tricks Used By Filling Station's Pump Attendant by cumz(m): 11:35am On Oct 16, 2013
hypenation: It is a act of God

"AN" act of God.. u mean?

Re: New Tricks Used By Filling Station's Pump Attendant by Nobody: 11:36am On Oct 16, 2013
ifenadi: We all know their old trick where they will not reset the meter to start from zero when they want to sell petrol to you. Their new method is what baffled me and this is rampant in Asaba area.

The first time it happened to me, I thought it was actually a mistake as claimed by the attendant until It repeated several times. I visited a filling station in Asaba(name withheld) and there were two persons serving at the pump. The first person asked me, "how much do you want to buy" and I hold her 5 thousand naira. The 2nd guy proceeded to fill my tank resetting the meter to zero and not bothering to confirm the price I want to buy from the lady or me.To my surprise this guy stopped at 1000 naira and when I asked him why he stopped he said he thought I said I wanted to buy 1000 naira( I wondered where he got that message from cus he did not ask me or the lady whom I told I want to buy 5000k).

He then pressed some buttons at the meter as if he wanted to reset the meter to zero, meanwhile the thing still reads 1000 naira before he proceeded(if you do not look well you not see the 1 in front of the zeros). Again at 4000 naira He stopped . I now shouted , bros I told you I wanted to buy 5000 naira. He said that if I add the 4k to 1k he gave me initially that it will be 5k. I was confused but when I insisted that he didn't reset the meter. He quietly completed the remaining 1k. This happened again in the same filling station and that was when I realized it was their game.

I decided to change filling station and to my greatest surprise they use the same trick in Asaba and so many people are falling victims especially those that do not like to come down from their car while buying fuel.

thanks for this info.
Re: New Tricks Used By Filling Station's Pump Attendant by IYANGBALI: 11:36am On Oct 16, 2013
Naija I tire for this jungle called Nigeria
Re: New Tricks Used By Filling Station's Pump Attendant by Nobody: 11:38am On Oct 16, 2013
Djtm: Nigerians are just as corrupt as their leaders!! Sometimes, I wonder if the people who come here to rain curses on their leaders calling them theives and all sort of names are saints!
Same thing I always talk about on all the bash pdp-led govt thing.
Don't be surprised that station attendant is a nairalander
Re: New Tricks Used By Filling Station's Pump Attendant by Beaf1: 11:43am On Oct 16, 2013
Once I come out of the car before opening my tank my eyes are fixed on the meter, I dont even look at them at that moment. With that they know that I am aware of their smart habits. They wouldnt dare.

7 Likes

Re: New Tricks Used By Filling Station's Pump Attendant by emzeeboss1(m): 11:49am On Oct 16, 2013
Nawa oooo.. Thank God sey my car dey use water, na to jst go any water tap fill am as I ilike.
Re: New Tricks Used By Filling Station's Pump Attendant by Biggoozz: 11:50am On Oct 16, 2013
We all know their old trick where they will not reset the meter to start from zero when they want to sell petrol to you. Their new method is what baffled me and this is rampant in Asaba area.

The first time it happened to me, I thought it was actually a mistake as claimed by the attendant until It repeated several times. I visited a filling station in Asaba(name withheld) and there were two persons serving at the pump. The first person asked me, "how much do you want to buy" and I hold her 5 thousand naira. The 2nd guy proceeded to fill my tank resetting the meter to zero and not bothering to confirm the price I want to buy from the lady or me.To my surprise this guy stopped at 1000 naira and when I asked him why he stopped he said he thought I said I wanted to buy 1000 naira( I wondered where he got that message from cus he did not ask me or the lady whom I told I want to buy 5000k).

He then pressed some buttons at the meter as if he wanted to reset the meter to zero, meanwhile the thing still reads 1000 naira before he proceeded(if you do not look well you not see the 1 in front of the zeros). Again at 4000 naira He stopped . I now shouted , bros I told you I wanted to buy 5000 naira. He said that if I add the 4k to 1k he gave me initially that it will be 5k. I was confused but when I insisted that he didn't reset the meter. He quietly completed the remaining 1k. This happened again in the same filling station and that was when I realized it was their game.

I decided to change filling station and to my greatest surprise they use the same trick in Asaba and so many people are falling victims especially those that do not like to come down from their car while buying fuel.

For this same reason I sacked a fuel attendant at the Mobil filling Station opposite a Zenith Bank, beside the roundabout inbetween Aluausa and Allen Roundabout.

In my case I left becuse a lady I was carring in front of my car got fooled and sided the guy, but when I drove off and the N5000 that was supposed to fill my 55liter tank was 4 bars below full, I came with war and threats back there the next day. The Station supervisor promply pleaded with me, asked them to put 1k worth of fuel for me and promised to handle the guy. That was the last I saw the guy there after I looked out for him for 2 months. What nonsense?!
Re: New Tricks Used By Filling Station's Pump Attendant by Kemaona: 11:51am On Oct 16, 2013
dis is true. we got problem in 9ja.thing of d system.
Re: New Tricks Used By Filling Station's Pump Attendant by Nobody: 11:51am On Oct 16, 2013
That is an old trick, i fell for it once and the next time the attendant tried it on me.. i abused his entire generation right down to his gril-friend's unborn baby. i told him his children will drink fuel for water and eat engine oil for food. Sample statoins where this occurs frequently are Aguda MOBIL filling station, especially with a fat-faced and rotund female fuel attendant with black lips. grin grin.. here are new tricks used daily and you would be none the wiser

INCOMPLETE PAYMENT TRICK

I got caught by this one once and swore to always wait for the attendant to count my money before leaving.
It happens especially when you pay in multiples of the same note e.g N500 or N200. I bought fuel worth N5,000 and paid the guy in N500 naira notes. i was sure I paid him completely because I counted the money before asking him to dispense fuel worth N5,000 as i drove off, he called me back and asked for another N500 extra because i did not pay him completely.. I was shocked because I had no other cash on me. I had to park and go to the ATM to pay him.. he showed me his hands and my money. he said he had not put it among the rest because it was incomplete.

RIGGED FUEL PUMP, Right Pump Price, Wrong Amount
This is one trick I know majority of Lagosians do not see. usually when you buy fuel, you keep an eye on the meter to make sure it starts from zero, you also keep an eye on how many litres and how much.. now here is the trick, when you calculate the pump price times the litres displayed, you get a much more different price, usually over by N1,000+.. Always carry a small pocket calculator because if you try to use your phone, they get angry and if you try to complain to them they reset the pump meter. This you can sample at the CONOIL filling station on Kakawa road or the last Pump in OANDO filling station Marina.. it is the one next to the building with shops

4 Likes

Re: New Tricks Used By Filling Station's Pump Attendant by johnsonjosbles(m): 11:53am On Oct 16, 2013
doctokwus: Op u spoilt this ur narrative wen u withheld d name(s) of d fuel stations.Whc kind of cowardice is dat,u claim u were cheated by an organisation,but still scared to mention d name& u expect things to change!I don't understand this kind of reasoning o.
I wonder oh! my broda, tho d last time they did such 2me, i end up not paying dem kobo. i was at OANDO Oposite gsm village in abuja, i requested for 5k fuel,and he stopd at 1500,quickly rub it of and start selling 4 anoda car and was demanding 5k frm me, unknown to him i was prepared 4dem and positiond,zoomd my slid phone camera towards d meter and him pretendin i was sending txt msg and recorded all our conversatn, @d point of aguements, i started playin vedio live, day were begin me to go wit my wahala. imagine dat.
Re: New Tricks Used By Filling Station's Pump Attendant by adebabs21(f): 11:56am On Oct 16, 2013
And they will be asking for'OWO KEG 50naira'...so annoying.

3 Likes

Re: New Tricks Used By Filling Station's Pump Attendant by omenka(m): 11:57am On Oct 16, 2013
doctokwus: Op u spoilt this ur narrative wen u withheld d name(s) of d fuel stations.Whc kind of cowardice is dat,u claim u were cheated by an organisation,but still scared to mention d name& u expect things to change!I don't understand this kind of reasoning o.
pls dont blame the op. Even our commander in chief of the armed forces declined naming names because he ''doesn't want to be attacked''.
Re: New Tricks Used By Filling Station's Pump Attendant by begwong: 11:57am On Oct 16, 2013
An attendant attempted same prank at me in conoil opp.NNPC staff qtrs in kaduna,was heading to Jtown,unfortunately for him,i was cautioned by my inlaw on that station. After dispensing like #400 value,he reset the price without alluding any reason then pumped #3000 stuff claiming its #4k with the initial one.I removed 3k and paid him.He was asking for the balance,i showed him the Nig.Army crest on my white t-shirt which i was putting on (given to me by my jnr bro upon return frm liberia)and told him i hav heard abt all their cheats here and will take it up with there HQ.
I then used my phone cam to snap him,come and see how all the pump attendants form quorum kneel down dey beg.I just bone face zoom off.

5 Likes

Re: New Tricks Used By Filling Station's Pump Attendant by egbenduru: 11:58am On Oct 16, 2013
I once had the same experience,this one before I came down from my car the lady had started filling the tank without asking me how much fuel I needed and not allowing me see the meter reading,as I came down she was already filing the tank and at the same time asking me then how much fuel I needed.I told her straight that she was wrong and she was arguing.I simply locked my tank and drove off with the lady raining abuses as I insisted I was not paying.Serves her right.

2 Likes

Re: New Tricks Used By Filling Station's Pump Attendant by Amasuccess: 12:00pm On Oct 16, 2013
Same thing one young guy (fuel attendant at Total filling Station along sapele road , after Palm House/Secretariat in Benin City, Edo State) did to me. I know he will repent and change into a good citizen of this great country.

1 Like

Re: New Tricks Used By Filling Station's Pump Attendant by Nobody: 12:00pm On Oct 16, 2013
mo.ron why tribalise the thread?
Balkan: Thanks for this observation. The guy is such a bloody coward. Behaving like a typical Yoruba man

1 Like

Re: New Tricks Used By Filling Station's Pump Attendant by kingschild123(m): 12:00pm On Oct 16, 2013
Why do this are they not contempted with their salary, hm nigeria!
Re: New Tricks Used By Filling Station's Pump Attendant by Dewze(m): 12:00pm On Oct 16, 2013
Nigeria by Nigerians.
Re: New Tricks Used By Filling Station's Pump Attendant by lakesguy(m): 12:01pm On Oct 16, 2013
chelseabmw: @poster

Name withheld for what reason? Abi u want make i fall for same scam abi?

Like if you think this poster is not doing the right thing
bros xowie oo ' badt market abi' yhu go sell oooo
Re: New Tricks Used By Filling Station's Pump Attendant by Pukkah: 12:03pm On Oct 16, 2013
Billyonaire: Just pay with your ATM Card, that way, they wont get 1 naira of your money, their loot will go to the management.

If a petrol attendant sells petrol of N400 to you and he says it is N4,000 and you pay with a card because you think the N3,600 loot will go to the management, do you know what will happen?

He will simply remove N3,600 from the cash on him and pocket it. Shikena.

So, with the system in use, the card doesn't solve the problem.

7 Likes

Re: New Tricks Used By Filling Station's Pump Attendant by ifyalways(f): 12:03pm On Oct 16, 2013
ifenadi: We all know their old trick where they will not reset the meter to start from zero when they want to sell petrol to you. Their new method is what baffled me and this is rampant in Asaba area.

And you wont name and shame them?
Aiding and abetting petty thieves,you'll do worst if you are a politician or journalist.

2 Likes

Re: New Tricks Used By Filling Station's Pump Attendant by mustaphagreens(m): 12:04pm On Oct 16, 2013
Mnewton: Kai.....dis is what we call calapogonium mucunoides...hmmn what a procubiens
Say after me- Ayam stewpeed(x3)
Re: New Tricks Used By Filling Station's Pump Attendant by Pukkah: 12:07pm On Oct 16, 2013
ifyalways:
And you wont name and shame them?
Aiding and abetting petty thieves,you'll do worst if you are a politician or journalist.

There's no reason not to name them.
Re: New Tricks Used By Filling Station's Pump Attendant by born2boink(m): 12:11pm On Oct 16, 2013
Mnewton: Kai.....dis is what we call calapogonium mucunoides...hmmn what a procubiens
if you england is real....I DIE instantly

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Bundles Of Money On The Road In Owerri As They Fall Out Of A Bullion Van / How Banking Looked Like A Decade And Half Ago / South Africa Opens Women's Only Bar - No Men Allowed! (PICS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.