Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,951 members, 7,969,916 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 04:34 PM

?is Igbo-part Of Najia Really To Dangerous For Charity Work ? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ?is Igbo-part Of Najia Really To Dangerous For Charity Work ? (1960 Views)

The Britons Are Really To Blame For Nigeria's Problems. / Obasanjo And Anne Welsh Linked To Financial Transactions Outside Charity Work-Sa / PDP Releases Press Statement On AIT Ban, Says It's Dangerous For Democracy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ?is Igbo-part Of Najia Really To Dangerous For Charity Work ? by Bandito(f): 5:07pm On Jul 07, 2008
udode,

Es ist wichtig, dass du der schweizerischen Organisation vertraust.

Der Osten von Nigeria ist gefährlich. Die Leute glauben dass alle WESTNERS Arbeit für Ölfirma

Es gibt Risiko für dich, du kannst entführt werden. Jedoch, westliches Nigeria ist friedliches und auch nördliches NIGERIA ist gut.

alles gute.
Re: ?is Igbo-part Of Najia Really To Dangerous For Charity Work ? by Esss(m): 5:47pm On Jul 07, 2008
Bandito:

udode,

Es ist wichtig, dass du der schweizerischen Organisation vertraust.

Der Osten von Nigeria ist gefährlich. Die Leute glauben dass alle WESTNERS Arbeit für Ölfirma

Es gibt Risiko für dich, du kannst entführt werden. Jedoch, westliches Nigeria ist friedliches und auch nördliches NIGERIA ist gut.

alles gute.

Translation: German » English

udode,

It is important that you trust the Swiss organization.

The eastern part of Nigeria is dangerous. The people believe that all WESTNERS work for oil

There is risk for you, you can be abducted. However, western Nigeria is peaceful and northern NIGERIA is good.

all good.

What a collosal slowpoke. Is it the west that will gun you down straight up that is safe?? Abeg shut the Bleep up if you aint got anything smart to say.
Re: ?is Igbo-part Of Najia Really To Dangerous For Charity Work ? by BlackMamba(m): 12:07am On Jul 08, 2008
Development Education Center Enugu in the Eastern part of Nigeria has collaborated extensively with German charitable organizations. http://decnigeria.com/contact_us.htm

They might be able to refer you to one of their German partners to sponsor your mission. They have the infrastructure in place for the kind of work you're interested.

Abia, Anambra, Ebonyi, Enugu and Imo states, the core Eastern (Igbo) states are just as dangerous as any other part of Nigeria. The usual robbery and its associated violence found in Lagos (West), Kaduna (North) and about every other part of Nigeria.

The really dangerous part of Nigeria is Bayelsa, Rivers and Delta states in the Niger Delta region. The region has not been part of Eastern Nigeria since after the civil war in the 70s. And the reason for the heightened level of danger in the region is the people's legitimate agitation for a fair share of Nigeria's oil revenue which is tapped from their backyard.
Re: ?is Igbo-part Of Najia Really To Dangerous For Charity Work ? by Kobojunkie: 1:13am On Jul 08, 2008
@Poster, you never actually state in clear words that the Organization actually told you there is danger in the East. Political reasons could mean so many things but it seems you chose, of your own, to add "danger"to the whole. Am I right?? @Poster

Organizations all around the world go to and send people to dangerous areas each day. There are people in Iraq, in Darfur and even in Zimbabwe. Are you sure the Organization ACTUALLY put forward this idea of the east being more dangerous place or did you just assume that was implied when you were told there were political reasons why they could not send you that way??  It could just be that they have reached the maximum number allowed in the East because of politics and so sending you west made more send at the time.
Re: ?is Igbo-part Of Najia Really To Dangerous For Charity Work ? by jgobaseki: 10:56am On Jul 08, 2008
@Udode,
If i was to give my opinion, i believe you would experience the Igbo language almost anywhere you find yourself in Nigeria. Igbo's are not exclusively found in the east as you may know. Although you may tend to find more of them settled in the east. You may also find that your organization may be part of a consortium of other organizations, some of which may be in the east, and you may be able to visit.
I think you should make work your priority so that you do a good job. And please know that whatever efforts you make towards making life better for the Nigerian people would always be greatly appreciated even though it may not always be recognized.
P.S try not to travel with any expectations or pre-conceived notions. Good luck to you and safe travels.
Re: ?is Igbo-part Of Najia Really To Dangerous For Charity Work ? by savanaha: 1:18am On Jul 09, 2008
How safe is Switzerland? I know someone that went to Switzerland and then suddenly no one hears from him strating from 2007.
Re: ?is Igbo-part Of Najia Really To Dangerous For Charity Work ? by Udode(f): 5:24pm On Mar 05, 2009
@ everyone

thanks for the advices, pls dont think that i am living in my protectet little switzerland not knowing what is going on, i have been to bosnia (war), congo and i have seen lots of things. I know what life can be about, i was just wondering and trying to find out more about eastern nigeria, you hear lots of stories, and i will def. go and have a look myself, just want to know what you think ok.

and yes, of course switzerland can also be regarded as dangerous, depends on your point of view, you can dye anywhere, right!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Presidency Belongs To S-south From 2015—igbini / Beninoise-american Fugitive Traced To Nigeria / jjjj

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.