Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,366 members, 7,978,153 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 08:24 PM

Pen Your Heart Poetry Competition - Poems For Review - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / Pen Your Heart Poetry Competition (620 Views)

NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta / Collaborative Poetry Competition Season One: ROYVER AND KRYSTALXXX WINS!!! / Nairaland Collaborative Poetry Competition (season One) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pen Your Heart Poetry Competition by HSM(f): 11:00pm On Oct 15, 2013
………………..Drumrolls! Presenting my October giveaway right on time for the beautiful celebration of Eid. Sorry it took so long. This time, I’m hosting a poetry competition which is open to anyone with a heart and some ink. The theme for this contest is love….of course! And there’s a catch, we’ll be submitting entries that are fourteen lines. Yep! You heard…..only sonnets please. Apparently, I’m still suffering the after effects of my affair with Shakespeare. Read the guidelines below:

Like I said, the theme is love. Mother’s love, love for a spouse, love for one’s country, love of God, etc. Just love!

It must be a sonnet i.e. fourteen-lined poem

To get the full scoop on this contest, click the link below..... Bonne Chance!
[url]
viva-kadija..com
[/url]
Re: Pen Your Heart Poetry Competition by HSM(f): 11:12pm On Oct 15, 2013
....So I already set the ball rolling....

From Lagos, With Love

When I meet you for the first time,
Don’t be fooled if I act like I don’t give a dime.

If you talk and I pretend not to hear,
It’s probably because I’m envisioning us as a pair.

I may look past you, seeming distracted,

Trust me. it’s a façade cos I’m attracted.

And if I fake anger and call you stupid,
Forget it, I’m only cursing at Cupid.

Don’t get mad at me pulling at my pearl,
I’m just wondering when I’ll get to be your girl.

I promise my heart has no previous patents,
So buckle up, let’s go meet my parents.

You don’t think me mad, right?
It’s just that I fell in love at first sight.
Re: Pen Your Heart Poetry Competition by OMA4U(m): 5:05pm On Oct 16, 2013
Is it a competition or what? If it is, you've to organise it. Or shall we just drop poems?

Anyways, I fell for your poem. Good one!
Re: Pen Your Heart Poetry Competition by Tosdam(m): 2:48pm On Oct 17, 2013
Na wa ooo, ur organising is too bad, u don't even carry people along, u informed audience on oct 15 n started d competition same day, are the only 1 to be contesting for urself. U must be a russia, things are not done this way, poor setting...

Well, for ur poem, it is nice...
Re: Pen Your Heart Poetry Competition by HSM(f): 6:01pm On Oct 17, 2013
The guidelines are already up on this link: http://viva-kadija..com/2013/10/pen-your-heart-poetry-competition.html
You just have to read it there and follow the instructions. Sorry for the mix up. Russia....lol
Hope you participate.
Thanks

(1) (Reply)

My Heart Is Evil / Letter To That Biafran / . . .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.