Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,883 members, 7,872,907 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 04:00 AM

The First 10 Lessons I Learned About Prayer (2) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The First 10 Lessons I Learned About Prayer (2) (468 Views)

Why U Must Join Catholics 2 Pray D Prayer 2 St Michael D Archangel / What The Bible Says About Prayer And Prostration / Be Bold About Prayer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The First 10 Lessons I Learned About Prayer (2) by SonofIssachar: 12:16am On Oct 16, 2013
By Joe McKeever

...The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much. – James 5:16b

6. Heaven places the same value on our prayers that we do.
If it matters to us, it matters to our Heavenly Father. The widow's mite did not mean much to anyone else in the Temple that day, but because it mattered a great deal to her, it was precious to the Father. This principle holds true for our prayers, our offerings, and anything else we give to the Lord: when it arrives in Heaven, it carries the same value there we placed on it here.

7. Throw away your clock.
Jesus said it's the heathen who think they will be heard for their much speaking. The goal in our prayer time is to be real, to touch Heaven, and not to log so much time. Think how insulted your sweetheart would be if you brought along a clock on your next visit, and you kept looking at it to see how much time had gone by so you could feel good about the investment you were making in the relationship. How much time you spend in prayer has little to do with anything. This assumes, of course, that you are spending some quality time with Him each day in prayer.

8. It's not necessary to know the will of God in order to ask for something.
Go ahead and ask for healing, for that new job, for this blessing, or that condition to change. What if it's not the will of God? Then, friend, He won't do it. Do not think you are tying God's hands by your prayers. That's why Jesus ended His prayer in Gethsemane with "Not my will, but Thy will be done." He taught us to pray "Thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven." My job is to ask. It's the Father's place to sort things out and decide what He wishes to answer and grant.

You will succeed in Jesus Name!

Daily Dew is published by Sons of Issachar Concepts. To subscribe by email or read previous editions, visit www.daily-dew.com.

To download the Daily Dew app on your Blackberry device. Please click here: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/29262893

Please share with your loved ones. God bless You!

(1) (Reply)

Deadly Sin / Lets Talk About Death.. / Our Responsibility Towards Our Brothers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.