Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,132 members, 7,900,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 05:03 AM

Why Women Should Be Financially Independent. - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Women Should Be Financially Independent. (30276 Views)

Why Today's Women Should Marry Before Age 25! / 20 Things Women Should Never Do! / Am I Doing Wrong By Supporting My Boyfriend Financially? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Women Should Be Financially Independent. by Fhemmmy: 3:47pm On Oct 16, 2013
manny4life: [size=14pt]NOPE... I AM SEXIEST AND I DO NOT ENDORSE THE @OP'S MESSAGE angry angry angry[/size]

Let the insult begin.. grin grin

Any reason why ?
Re: Why Women Should Be Financially Independent. by manny4life(m): 3:50pm On Oct 16, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Any reason why ?

Oga Fhemmmy, I will tell you why soon grin

Although one reason is because my boss (an unmarried white woman without kids), is a real b**ch...
Re: Why Women Should Be Financially Independent. by Nobody: 3:53pm On Oct 16, 2013
Lightening:
Women financial independence and otherwise is the greatest incentive to rocky marriage and eventual divorce. Check the profile of all known divorcees.
We can advocate more of financial empowerment for women which does not equate to independence.
This is a lie, an independent woman does not necessarily mean a bad wife. if a woman has a bad character she will be a bad wife regardless of whether she is independent or not.
The woman in ugochukwu360's story (lwkmd) was not independent and she was still a bad wife.
Re: Why Women Should Be Financially Independent. by Rejoice5000(f): 3:53pm On Oct 16, 2013
its good ur husband or ur bf will respect u more.but to some GUYS if u dt ask them money they will be thinking that one MAGA DEY SUPPLY
Re: Why Women Should Be Financially Independent. by Nobody: 3:54pm On Oct 16, 2013
manny4life: [size=14pt]NOPE... I AM SEXIEST AND I DO NOT ENDORSE THE @OP'S MESSAGE angry angry angry[/size]

Let the insult begin.. grin grin

What!!!
How dare you go against women's independence you misogynist cave man?!!??! angry angry angry angry angry

grin grin grin
Re: Why Women Should Be Financially Independent. by manny4life(m): 3:57pm On Oct 16, 2013
De Beauvoir:

What!!!
How dare you go against women's independence you misogynist cave man?!!??! angry angry angry angry angry

grin grin grin

Yes o... first insult don land...

More to come cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: Why Women Should Be Financially Independent. by tintingz(m): 4:04pm On Oct 16, 2013
Treasure103: Nice but to an extent ooh; a man should be a man so that he can be respected very well.
That's the disadvantage of most women earning money even more than their husband, this is when you see them embarrassing their husband in public.

But hey women should learn to keep/develop their own properties. smiley
Re: Why Women Should Be Financially Independent. by omodapson(m): 4:11pm On Oct 16, 2013
bebe2: i totally agree wit the post,
those are the advantages wat about the disadvantages??

financially independent women can be sturbborn to their husbands.

they can have the '' wat do i need a man for?? '' syndrome

pls add more if u want, i no fit worry myself undecided undecided

You started it well but ended it poorly... Being financially independent is one thing, having the right attitude to marriage is another. I have seen a woman who was no where being financially independent and proving stubborn. on the other hand, I have seen financially independent women becoming totally submissive to their husbands. It is not the money rather, it is about individual. I will give my wife the much needed support to be financially independent and in fact, I respect ladies who don't rely on men to eke out living.

2 Likes

Re: Why Women Should Be Financially Independent. by salt1: 4:12pm On Oct 16, 2013
hod898: Yeah its gud for women to be financially independent, but most men just want their wives to be housewives and 'serve the house' in an annoying way. They just don't care about their wives' dreams. This becomes bad especially if the woman is ambitious bcoz she begins to feel uncomfortable with her husband and tinges of regret lurks behind.

Which generation are you talking about? Because even my grandmother wasn't a full time housewife.
I am of the feeling that the op's thread is almost irrelevant. Go to the farms and markets of Nigeria and you will see that women control retail trading.
As for successful women being loose, that is quaint and old-fashioned. How can a high profile female executive sleep with who for what?
What women do with their money? Wait until the man dies and you see the family running smoothlessly. Then you'll appreciate that she's been covering for him all those years

5 Likes

Re: Why Women Should Be Financially Independent. by Nobody: 4:21pm On Oct 16, 2013
salt 1:

Which generation are you talking about? Because even my grandmother wasn't a full time housewife.
I am of the feeling that the op's thread is almost irrelevant. Go to the farms and markets of Nigeria and you will see that women control retail trading.
As for successful women being loose, that is quaint and old-fashioned. How can a high profile female executive sleep with who for what?
What women do with their money? Wait until the man dies and you see the family running smoothlessly. Then you'll appreciate that she's been covering for him all those years
I am not talking about contributing peanuts or earning peanuts, I am talking about the ability to fully take care of herself without any assistance from anybody. That is why I said 'financially independent'.
Most of those women doing trading are merely contributing in bits to the upkeep of the household and they still rely largely on their husbands for their sustenance.
Re: Why Women Should Be Financially Independent. by Cestmoi1(f): 4:33pm On Oct 16, 2013
@Op,*high five*.....You've said it all.I do tell myself I won't get married until I can boast of some amount of money in my bank account.I pity women who have to depend on their husbands for everything.I know what someone close to me is going through and I've read and heard many stories.Walahi! a woman needs to be financially independent o.
Re: Why Women Should Be Financially Independent. by Nobody: 4:40pm On Oct 16, 2013
omodapson:

You started it well but ended it poorly... Being financially independent is one thing, having the right attitude to marriage is another. I have seen a woman who was no where being financially independent and proving stubborn. on the other hand, I have seen financially independent women becoming totally submissive to their husbands. It is not the money rather, it is about individual. I will give my wife the much needed support to be financially independent and in fact, I respect ladies who don't rely on men to eke out living.

10 likes
Re: Why Women Should Be Financially Independent. by Nobody: 4:41pm On Oct 16, 2013
Most importantly, a financially independent woman wouldnt sleep around.

This is one big reason why my wife would be the working type kinda lady.

Get busy and dont go seeking for financial aids from that Chief living next door cheesy
Re: Why Women Should Be Financially Independent. by Nobody: 4:44pm On Oct 16, 2013
Let's not kid ourselves, on average..the more financially independent women become, the higher their insolence. Its good for women and the society in all ramifications. But, it reduces men's leverage on women terribly!
Re: Why Women Should Be Financially Independent. by Nobody: 4:47pm On Oct 16, 2013
El Guapo: Most importantly, a financially independent woman wouldnt sleep around.

This is one big reason why my wife would be the working type kinda lady.

Get busy and dont go seeking for financial aids from that Chief living next door cheesy

Actually, it's not true. A financially independent woman has a higher tendency to sleep around. Statistically proven!
Re: Why Women Should Be Financially Independent. by Nobody: 4:48pm On Oct 16, 2013
nayef: Let's not kid ourselves, on average..the more financially independent women become, the higher their insolence. Its good for women and the society in all ramifications. But, it reduces men's leverage on women terribly!

Speaking of insolence is biased.
Re: Why Women Should Be Financially Independent. by Nobody: 4:48pm On Oct 16, 2013
nayef: Let's not kid ourselves, on average..the more financially independent women become, the higher their insolence. Its good for women and the society in all ramifications. But, it reduces men's leverage on women terribly!

@bold, Yeah!
That's one major reason why it's very important for women to be independent.
Re: Why Women Should Be Financially Independent. by salt1: 4:59pm On Oct 16, 2013
De Beauvoir:
I am not talking about contributing peanuts or earning peanuts, I am talking about the ability to fully take care of herself without any assistance from anybody. That is why I said 'financially independent'.
Most of those women doing trading are merely contributing in bits to the upkeep of the household and they still rely largely on their husbands for their sustenance.

They don't rely largely on their husbands. Many of them make far more money than their equally poor husbands.
Sorry if it hurts! But your topic has been long overtaken by events. It's insolent to be advising career women who are medical doctors, lawyers, lecturers, bankers(and the number is increasing daily) that they ought to work and earn a living.
Unless of course, you're writing to our brothers who live (you know where) who will not allow a girl to go to school.
But if the Northerners are the beneficiaries of your message, take your campaign there because they are not on NL

Sorry if my voice sounds shrill. But the issues we are managing in my group is joint account, wives earning more than their husbands, coping with a spouse losing a job, how to split the bills etc
Not whether a woman can survive on her own without depending on a man financially

2 Likes

Re: Why Women Should Be Financially Independent. by Fhemmmy: 5:01pm On Oct 16, 2013
manny4life:

Oga Fhemmmy, I will tell you why soon grin

Although one reason is because my boss (an unmarried white woman without kids), is a real b**ch...

That your boss is just an individual and we cant generalize all women based on her and her attitude . . . It is well, Pal
Re: Why Women Should Be Financially Independent. by Nobody: 5:02pm On Oct 16, 2013
nayef:

Actually, it's not true. A financially independent woman has a higher tendency to sleep around. Statistically proven!

Statistically proven?

Are u trolling or what?

A financially independent woman is strong willed and principled, she calls the shot and isnt an adamic nuisance to the society.

What could give rise to her throwing legs wide for men when she've got what u're offering?

I bet u meant cougars and nymphomaniacs who've got psychological issues to deal with.
Re: Why Women Should Be Financially Independent. by manny4life(m): 5:05pm On Oct 16, 2013
Fhemmmy:

That your boss is just an individual and we cant generalize all women based on her and her attitude . . . It is well, Pal

Hehe, Oga I was just trolling this morning, tryna stir up some shitt, but not one was able to fall into my trap grin grin

No, I'm not sexiest and I believe in fair equality, although my boss still remains what I said she is.
Re: Why Women Should Be Financially Independent. by salt1: 5:07pm On Oct 16, 2013
Instead of reducing the man's leverage,
It can challenge the man to up his acts/hussle.
It is a man with inferiority complex who measures his influence vis-a-vis what's in the wife's purse!

If you hold someone down, you must remain down where you're holding the person
Re: Why Women Should Be Financially Independent. by Nobody: 5:12pm On Oct 16, 2013
El Guapo:

Statistically proven?

Are u trolling or what?

A financially independent woman is strong willed and principled, she calls the shot and isnt an adamic nuisance to the society.

What could give rise to her throwing legs wide for men when she've got what u're offering?

I bet u meant cougars and nymphomaniacs who've got psychological issues to deal with.

Mr Man, I don't have time to argue. If you don't know, get it today. Financially independent women are more inclined to sleep around. Studies and studies have shown that.
Re: Why Women Should Be Financially Independent. by Fhemmmy: 5:13pm On Oct 16, 2013
manny4life:

Hehe, Oga I was just trolling this morning, tryna stir up some shitt, but not one was able to fall into my trap grin grin

No, I'm not sexiest and I believe in fair equality, although my boss still remains what I said she is.

Lol . . . Nice one, always knew you are not one and that was why i was shocked
Re: Why Women Should Be Financially Independent. by Nobody: 5:20pm On Oct 16, 2013
nayef:

Mr Man, I don't have time to argue. If you don't know, get it today. Financially independent women are more inclined to sleep around. Studies and studies have shown that.

Show us the studies, where are the sources that show a correlation between promiscuity and the level of Independence??

The women I know don't even have the time to be sleeping around. They are busy pursuing their careers and are more than happy to find time for one partner.
Re: Why Women Should Be Financially Independent. by Nobody: 5:21pm On Oct 16, 2013
nayef:

You'd be doing urself a lot of good by providing credible links and surveys that supports your ludicrous notion or better still outline the premise that laid a foundation to it.

I dont argue with mates, i'm here to learn and ofcourse put folks in order when they misyarn.

2 Likes

Re: Why Women Should Be Financially Independent. by dayokanu(m): 5:34pm On Oct 16, 2013
If your husband loses his job what then happens
Re: Why Women Should Be Financially Independent. by Ngokafor(f): 5:51pm On Oct 16, 2013
nayef:

..'Studies' have shown?...which studies for crying out loud??..do you honestly believe what you just typed or am i missing something??
Re: Why Women Should Be Financially Independent. by Nobody: 6:15pm On Oct 16, 2013
Ngokafor:
..'Studies' have shown?...which studies for crying out loud??..do you honestly believe what you just typed or am i missing something??
carefreewannabe:
Show us the studies, where are the sources that show a correlation between promiscuity and the level of Independence??
The women I know don't even have the time to be sleeping around. They are busy pursuing their careers and are more than happy to find time for one partner.

Please help me tell that person busy making baseless claims.

1 Like

Re: Why Women Should Be Financially Independent. by macdelene(m): 6:42pm On Oct 16, 2013
dayokanu: If your husband loses his job what then happens
not all that Godforbid if he die nko? With ur in experience in biz or work. Wat then?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

MY MARRIAGE IS FINALLY OVER! / Marriage Now Vs Then – Which Do You Prefer? / The Moment A Mother Pleaded With Her Quintuplets To Allow Her To Sleep

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.