Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,871 members, 7,883,057 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 10:22 PM

How Fair Is Military And Paramilitary Recruitment. - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Fair Is Military And Paramilitary Recruitment. (16718 Views)

Nigerian Paramilitary Recruitment 2016 / Military And Paramilitary Recruitment / Which Of The Military And Paramilitary Is Highly Paid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Fair Is Military And Paramilitary Recruitment. by justhelp(m): 12:07am On Oct 17, 2013
blessed4ever: The Lord's Chosen Charismatic Revival Movement presents a two-day power-packed international crusade, titled,'ONLY GOD CAN DO THIS', at the Lord's Chosen International HQ, Ijesha (stop at Ijesha Bus stop)this weekend.
Date: 19th & 10th October, 2013. Time: 8.00 am daily.

The General Overseer, Pastor Lazarus Muoka will be ministering in the power of the Holy Spirit.

The Lame will walk, the deaf will hear, the dumb will speak, the blind will see, yoke of barrenness or delay in marriage will break, yoke of unemployment or under-employment and poverty will break, yoke of sin will break, HIV will be healed...all sicknesses will receive technical knockout...you will be delivered from evil spirit attack upon your life. The God of the Chosen (the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob) will visit you. Come all and be blessed.
Jesus is Lord!!!!!!!!!!!
you better get lost, idiot looking for soul for the devil
Re: How Fair Is Military And Paramilitary Recruitment. by Nobody: 12:19am On Oct 17, 2013
danniyal: The problem is not the military or the paramilitary. It is simply the high rate of unemployment in the country. How on earth do you go about selecting 200 people from among 100,000+ applicants. For every 1 person selected, over 500 people will have to be dropped. Its a crazy proportion if you ask me.

At least if the process is transparent and merit-based, nobody would complain, notwithstanding the number of applicants.

Apart from the obnoxious "long leg" and nepotism/corruption that characterises employment processes in most Nigerian establishments (both government and private), nothing pisses me off more than hearing buffoons talk about "God" or "favour" when they cheat better qualified and competent people to get jobs/positions/contracts that they do not deserve to get. This explains why Nigeria would never develop. When slaves ride on horseback while princes go on foot, then there is a serious problem.

It explains why we don't have reliable power supply
It explains why the roads are terrible
It explains why the security agencies are inefficent
It explains why NOTHING works!!!

God is probably unjust if He prefers to take from the competent and give to the incompetent. Then again, that would mean that God exists only in Africa and other backward parts of the world. In civilised societies in America, Europe, and Asia, MERIT almost always determines who gets what - especially in sensitive positions, not least of which is the all-important MILITARY for f**k sake! Even if one million applicants are competing for just ten jobs, let the BEST ten out of that million get the freaking jobs. That way, the remaining 999,990 unsuccessful applicants would not feel cheated. That is the only way to ensure efficiency and excellence. That is how it happens in other parts of the world. That is the only route to progress and development.

3 Likes

Re: How Fair Is Military And Paramilitary Recruitment. by MemeInc(m): 12:33am On Oct 17, 2013
Some people say it's nt fair but by God,i made it into the Force wit no connection. Although 60% of us are connections but i'm proud to be among the 40%
Re: How Fair Is Military And Paramilitary Recruitment. by Rexnegro(m): 1:09am On Oct 17, 2013
I just tire for this country!!!
Re: How Fair Is Military And Paramilitary Recruitment. by Nobody: 1:51am On Oct 17, 2013
To gain admission in2 d NDA, i pass d exam, my name ws shortlisted, went 4 d screening, finished, d result cm my name wasnt on d list...do u knw dat imo state govt son couldnt mk d race bt he ws drage inside wn d tym ws up nd gate shut, bt na 9ja we dy. he got. u mt be connected 2 gain it even in usa dats wat we were told dia...dis happen dis yr
Re: How Fair Is Military And Paramilitary Recruitment. by nerodenero: 6:17am On Oct 17, 2013
andyanders: There is no job out there rather, Federal government agency's way of stealing from innocent Nigerians. Why must Immigration ask young Nigerians pay N1,000 knowingly fully well that you will not be given any job? What happens to my N1,000 when I am not given the money. Imagine 3 million youths paying N1,000 how much these government agencies will be making. I now ask, why serving this nation by having to go a compulsory 1 year NYSC? Our leaders has failed us using every avenue to steal from the public.
Driver's license you pay, plate number for small cars, they will ask you to pay between 25k to 30 for the plate number and your papers. Someone will be take a office and start making money from one policy or the other.

The openings, they will give to the members of their families. All officers has an allocation for slots for their families, female friends and their likes up to the presidency got their own allocation of who enters all these offices. Nothing by merit. We have sold our conscience to teh devil whereby our leaders do not have any fear of God rather for their self ego display by giving their concubines slots in federal and state government establishments.

The country is probably the most expensive place to live.Survive here and you will survive in any part of the world even war-torn countries inclusive.
Re: How Fair Is Military And Paramilitary Recruitment. by solomon111(m): 7:13am On Oct 17, 2013
nerodenero: The country is probably the most expensive place to live.Survive here and you will survive in any part of the world even war-torn countries inclusive.
Nigeria is not the most expensive place to live at-all.
You probably haven't lived in europe before.
Re: How Fair Is Military And Paramilitary Recruitment. by lomaxx: 7:41am On Oct 17, 2013
Yseone: I wil come back here testifying about my Immigration employment.....i dont care wah u think or wil say.....mark my words.

Why are you telling us? angry

What makes you think we care? angry angry
Re: How Fair Is Military And Paramilitary Recruitment. by Fred4life(m): 7:58am On Oct 17, 2013
Ediss: Hmmm that all I can say. Don't view my profile ok? cool. Ok let me just say the truth. It is God that give job, am I living testimony grin

because u dn wear kaki u dey talk any......cum let see if u hija and gallant reach me........guy u beta talk well b4 i halla may day mayday for ur head
Re: How Fair Is Military And Paramilitary Recruitment. by Ediss(m): 8:01am On Oct 17, 2013
Ninilowo:
Buh why are u without badge or emblem?....just da rank...
am now with all the badge grin
Re: How Fair Is Military And Paramilitary Recruitment. by Danmas: 9:08am On Oct 17, 2013
Naija!!! That is there source of income, because even da fed. gov. cannot provided them with enough. So they can't question them!
Re: How Fair Is Military And Paramilitary Recruitment. by Danmas: 9:09am On Oct 17, 2013
Naija!!! That is there source of income, because even da fed. gov. cannot provided them with enough. So they can't question them!
Re: How Fair Is Military And Paramilitary Recruitment. by Testy17: 9:32am On Oct 17, 2013
The nigeria we are today, the percentage of merit is almost zero if not zero. All the agencies are making money from rank and file. Immigration has sold their form now before u know it prison, nscdc, fire service will sell their form differently after all they all from thesame ministry, that is a way of milking unemployed with d little in their hand. God will assist and hearken to our voice because no merit again.
Re: How Fair Is Military And Paramilitary Recruitment. by MOORCHMOORE(m): 11:50am On Oct 17, 2013
Lolz... Corruption has been in Nigeria sins 1914
Re: How Fair Is Military And Paramilitary Recruitment. by Ijobaorun(m): 2:38pm On Oct 17, 2013
[b][/b]no matter dr strategies, wht wil b wil b.
wit God all things àre possible.
power wil soon change hand.
Re: How Fair Is Military And Paramilitary Recruitment. by ray502(m): 6:12pm On Oct 17, 2013
ChEkWaS IyKe :
I am sowi 4 u guys. I am a senior officer in immgration n we (the oga @ d top) knw hw we run our tin. Dnt waste ur tym in purchasing d form if u dnt hv link. Even b4 d recruitmt is published, pple hv alread fill d vacant n start work.
is purchasing the form not a first step? are u saying 100% of those dat wld eventually succeed must knw someone at the top?guy refrain frm being a pessimist.I dont knw which year u got recruited? but in 2009 during major Gen Godwin Abbe's recruitment as the then interior minister it was transparent.I pray this coming one wil follow suit.
we can only hope for a better Nigeria!
Re: How Fair Is Military And Paramilitary Recruitment. by Stevez32(m): 6:37pm On Oct 17, 2013
My babe name na merit, so I guess she exist.
Re: How Fair Is Military And Paramilitary Recruitment. by SenatorJames(m): 7:37am On Oct 18, 2013
To simply answer your question I dont know anybody on merit.

What usually pain me most is the stress you would have put in, the great expection of something good coming out of it, the prayer you prayed and all sorts.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Niger Delta Ministry Is Recruiting Qualified Applicants / CV Format For A Customer Service Job Application / My Experience Working In A Nigerian Startup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.