Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,100 members, 7,903,584 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 July 2024 at 04:28 PM

Do Violent Video Games Lead To Behavior Problems - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Do Violent Video Games Lead To Behavior Problems (1104 Views)

Why Do Females Hate Video Games? / Cool Video Games We Played In The 90's!!! Add Yours / Up Coming Video Games That You Won't Want To Miss (PC & Console) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Violent Video Games Lead To Behavior Problems by Imobus: 7:34am On Oct 17, 2013
I have a little cousin who plays GTA 5 nonstop. He is very aggressive and likes to punch people in the crotch. This is unbelievable!!! I know that these games are fun but can seriously damage the mind of little kids.
Re: Do Violent Video Games Lead To Behavior Problems by totalbaby(f): 7:37am On Oct 17, 2013
Violent images (films, pictures, games etc...) all have an impact on us even if we don't know it.

Whatever enters our brains stays there - you cannot get rid of it, it will always stay in the subconscious and sometimes things come to light into our conscious minds as ideas or emotions. Therefore not only the image of violence is important here but the stimulation of it too.

During a game one gets a feeling of being able to do these things and the more one rehearses and repeats these stimulations then these feelings and emotions become more and more natural.

Many people have mentioned real life examples of people (especially children and teenagers) killing and attacking real people as if it were a game. The growing mind take things in quicker and easier and deeper so these violent video games have a great impact on the young developing brain.
Re: Do Violent Video Games Lead To Behavior Problems by Tbase2: 11:29am On Oct 17, 2013
totalbaby: Violent images (films, pictures, games etc...) all have an impact on us even if we don't know it.

Whatever enters our brains stays there - you cannot get rid of it, it will always stay in the subconscious and sometimes things come to light into our conscious minds as ideas or emotions. Therefore not only the image of violence is important here but the stimulation of it too.

During a game one gets a feeling of being able to do these things and the more one rehearses and repeats these stimulations then these feelings and emotions become more and more natural.

Many people have mentioned real life examples of people (especially children and teenagers) killing and attacking real people as if it were a game. The growing mind take things in quicker and easier and deeper so these violent video games have a great impact on the young developing brain.
good to see a lady posting in the gaming section
Re: Do Violent Video Games Lead To Behavior Problems by Tbase2: 11:33am On Oct 17, 2013
Imobus 爱: I have a little cousin who plays GTA 5 nonstop. He is very aggressive and likes to punch people in the crotch. This is unbelievable!!! I know that these games are fun but can seriously damage the mind of little kids.
since u say ur little cousin i presume he his not yet 18 and Gta5 i think his rated 18 + so i will say who ever bought the game for the kid should be blame
Re: Do Violent Video Games Lead To Behavior Problems by Bawss1(m): 9:49am On Oct 20, 2013
GTAV is rated 18, the OP's little cousin has no business playing it in the first place.

@ Totalbaby

Does your theory hold true for only "violent" games? I mean, many of us played games when we were younger that involved running on platforms collecting gold coins and saving princesses from evil bosses yet we never heard about anyone feeling the urge to dress as a plumber to look for gold coins hidden in sewers in real life.
Re: Do Violent Video Games Lead To Behavior Problems by VivaLaFrans: 11:31pm On Oct 20, 2013
Wow! TotalBaby also know about games. Most Nigerian ladies think marriage is the final bus stop. It's good to see girls who like recreational activities like painting/drawing, playing urban drums and gaming.

(1) (Reply)

Mention One Game You Started From PS1 OR PS2 / Psp Go White For Sale / I Want Fm 2015 Delivery To Ekpoma. Plz Lets Discuss.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.