Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,867 members, 7,872,878 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 01:33 AM

Cheating Customers In The Supermarkets; Have U Experienced It? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Cheating Customers In The Supermarkets; Have U Experienced It? (791 Views)

Photo: Human Body Parts In High Demand In Germany Supermarkets / Have You Experienced It Before / Cheating Couple Forced To Walk Unclad In Benue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cheating Customers In The Supermarkets; Have U Experienced It? by SJack(m): 9:35am On Oct 17, 2013
This is not the first time I have noticed this occurrence in this particular Supermarket. Most times I have been a victim, I let it go because I feel the amount is insignificant (Range of NGN 500 to NGN 800 ). I can say authoritatively that they are consciously cheating customers out of their hard earned money on daily bases. I have to bring this to this forum because I realized that even if it is not significant to me, It significant when it is done to several customers that buys from them on daily bases.

I was at a Supermarket on Saturday 15th of October 2013 sometime around 9:45 to 10:01am. For this story to be believable, I will mention the name of the supermarket and location (Addide Limited - 77, Finbarrs Road Akoka, Lagos). Fortunately, I also have the name of the attendant on the receipt I collected but will not include it because I do not want her punished as a scape goat for crimes others have also committed. Somehow, I also feel this crime is being committed with the knowledge of the Supermarkets management.

Now the scenario; I went into the Supermarket, picked up the stuffs I wanted and headed up to the counter. Dropped them on the counter and it was calculated. The attendant said the total amount was NGN 4,839.80 which was showing on the machine indicator (You can understand why I said this is being done with the connivance of the management). Most often, people will pay and leave without the receipt, but because I have known their antics over time, I demanded for my receipt (They also have excuses to avoid issuing this receipts. They might say they don't have paper in the machine-lol; There was a time I insisted they give me a manual receipt and the said amount I was supposed to pay was lower when the manual receipt was issued). When I got my receipt, the amount dropped from NGN 4,839.80 to NGN 4,139.80.

I have threatened that I will report this situation to their management before but I don't think the management can be absolved of this situation. Have you experienced it before? If you have, how did you handle it and how do you think we can stop the supermarkets from cheating us out of our hard earned money?
Re: Cheating Customers In The Supermarkets; Have U Experienced It? by Atk01(f): 10:42am On Oct 17, 2013
Na wa oo, cheating in the filling station, cheating in the supermarkets too. God will help us in this country!
Re: Cheating Customers In The Supermarkets; Have U Experienced It? by Nzecorneboy: 10:43am On Oct 17, 2013
Bad of them!
Re: Cheating Customers In The Supermarkets; Have U Experienced It? by Agent1000: 11:51am On Oct 17, 2013
Happened to me too at an eatery. The lady probably didn't know that I was going to ask for a receipt after I placed my order with her. She served me and named my price and when i insisted on seeing my invoice before dropping the cash, I noticed her discomfiture. But she obliged me anyway. I cannot remember clearly how much but I think i saved myself about N400 rip off that day.

Ripping off is everywhere now o, just dey shine your eye well well shocked

(1) (Reply)

Do You Say 'sorry' All The Time, Even When It's Not Your Fault? Is This Politene / Woman Bites Off Man’s Manhood In Ibadan. / Amazing Fact About The World And Things We Never Heard Of

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.