Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,139 members, 7,880,575 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 09:26 PM

Flood In Uyo Despite Drainage System By Julius Berger - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Flood In Uyo Despite Drainage System By Julius Berger (12074 Views)

Oshiomhole Builds 30-feet Underground Drainage System In Benin (photos) / Flood Takes Over Major Roads In Uyo Despite Multimillion Dollar Drainage (pics) / Akpabio Opens The Abak River Bridge Constructed By Julius Berger Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flood In Uyo Despite Drainage System By Julius Berger by PAT4HOT(m): 10:57am On Oct 19, 2013
Akpabio isim (tail) & Akpabio mba (wing).......no b animal b dat? grin grin grin.......wait o....did d op say Eniong, Anua & Ewet housing? Hope say d flood no cross 4lane o......ASUU I beg mek una suspend dis una strike mek I go back home before d unexpected hapns wen am nt around o
Re: Flood In Uyo Despite Drainage System By Julius Berger by rozayx5(m): 11:00am On Oct 19, 2013
slim fit :
Ask ACN governors what they did to stop flooding in some parts of their respective states. Bloody hell just dig a channel that the water would follow to the river bloody hell common sense man.

last time i checked rain almost swallowed Lekki Phase 2 , during the last downpour undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Flood In Uyo Despite Drainage System By Julius Berger by Nobody: 11:01am On Oct 19, 2013
The picture depicted here especially the first two are not in Uyo. I hope is not propaganda.
Re: Flood In Uyo Despite Drainage System By Julius Berger by Nobody: 11:03am On Oct 19, 2013
The govt is largely incompetent. This is not an act of God. This is an act of irresponsible human beings. Many areas in the world are prone to flood even worse than Nigeria and people manage to live there because their govt have put into place adequate drainage systems. We don't even have hurricane. No earthquake. No outrageously over the top thunderstorms. Sometimes I wonder what the local governments and senatorial districts do with all the funds they get. Buy aso ebi, do big weddings for their children and marry more wives I guess. Zero accountability in Nigeria. I blame it one thing that we already know. What I call a CULTURE OF CORRUPTION AND REWARD OF IT.
Re: Flood In Uyo Despite Drainage System By Julius Berger by Nobody: 11:10am On Oct 19, 2013
ritux: Estate that does not have its own drainage. I once lived in one estate that does not have drainage and the whole estate was always flooded during raining season. Nobody advised me before I had to pack out.

Now should govt be the one to construct drainage for the owner?

Thomas Estate Ajah, Eti-Osa LGA. Lagos State. Nigeria
Re: Flood In Uyo Despite Drainage System By Julius Berger by elbinmanny(m): 11:15am On Oct 19, 2013
Lies!
Lies!!
And more lies!!!!
I reside in Uyo, there is nothing like flood there!
The pic of flooded buildings this post has been in my phone for more than a year before I deleted them! It was taken during the flooding of the Abuja, lokoja , makurdi axis! Fo.olish journalism undecided

3 Likes

Re: Flood In Uyo Despite Drainage System By Julius Berger by tgabs: 11:15am On Oct 19, 2013
To whom much is given much is equally expected.
Re: Flood In Uyo Despite Drainage System By Julius Berger by Abagworo(m): 11:17am On Oct 19, 2013
I'm happy some people have come to terms with reality because their party member is involved. I dislike posting bad pictures of a place because it only pollutes the internet with negative aspect of Nigeria otherwise I can post 1001 bad pictures of unpaved roads in Akwa-Ibom just like I've seen people post bad pictures from Imo and Rivers just to smear Amaechi and Rochas.
Re: Flood In Uyo Despite Drainage System By Julius Berger by mooregan(m): 11:18am On Oct 19, 2013
dheaven: But why is the Governor being addressed as the Chief? I thought democracy was borrowed from America and there is no Governor in America that is being addressed with such title.
Its in our tradition that once u r a governor, u'll be given chieftaincy tiltles and thant makes u an "Obong" which translates Chief.
Re: Flood In Uyo Despite Drainage System By Julius Berger by patostation(m): 11:28am On Oct 19, 2013
I can see Akpabio's uncommon transformation. I can also see how the Ultra-modern Drainage System is working. Nigerians and their use of mega words
Re: Flood In Uyo Despite Drainage System By Julius Berger by ritux: 11:29am On Oct 19, 2013
kaeyame:

Thomas Estate Ajah, Eti-Osa LGA. Lagos State. Nigeria

grin hope u don't know me
Re: Flood In Uyo Despite Drainage System By Julius Berger by Godyke(m): 11:42am On Oct 19, 2013
Who is blaming Julius Berger for flood in their estates or community. Did Berger construct the entire streets in the capital? They are only responsible for the construction of major roads and not streets. Pay a visit to these affected communities and you will see that these allegations are all lies and attempt just to discredit the credibility of Julius Berger. I hope this is not the handiwork of those incompetent local construction companies whose bids were turned down in the transformation plan of the the city.
Re: Flood In Uyo Despite Drainage System By Julius Berger by Godyke(m): 11:43am On Oct 19, 2013
Who is blaming Julius Berger for flood in their estates or community. Did Berger construct the entire streets in the capital? They are only responsible for the construction of major roads and not streets. Pay a visit to these affected communities and you will see that these allegations are all lies and attempt just to discredit the credibility of Julius Berger. I hope this is not the handiwork of those incompetent local construction companies whose bids were turned down during the transformation plan of the the city.
Re: Flood In Uyo Despite Drainage System By Julius Berger by Uteghe(m): 11:44am On Oct 19, 2013
I have said consistently that Akpabio's has ripped off the people of Akwa Ibom with neglible showy projects in Uyo and Ikot Ekpene metropolis while large parts of the state remains underdeveloped.He may think becoming GEJ's 'eyin ufok' will save his arse from prosecution,but he is wrong; The Bible says ''another Pharaoh arose that knew not Joseph''. Akpabio should know that the next Pharaoh may not by into his psycophantic dance steps,then the beautiful prison he built in Ikot Ekpene will 'house' him.
Re: Flood In Uyo Despite Drainage System By Julius Berger by eaglechild: 12:02pm On Oct 19, 2013
"despite drainage by Julius Berger"
That is the dumbest clause I've ever come across.

It's like saying flood in Japan despite Japanese technology,
or bushfire in Australia despite fire fighters,
Tornadoes in US despite America claiming to be the best country.

Flood like any other natural disaster, can overwhelm the best of man made deterrents.
We should be more concerned about the response in helping the victims.

1 Like

Re: Flood In Uyo Despite Drainage System By Julius Berger by ugochukwu360(m): 12:20pm On Oct 19, 2013
Na because say na estate na him mk dem dey mk noise, watabt d one wey dey hapn 4 Urua Ekpa wetin mk in neva enta news. Like seriously we are always quick 2 throw tantrums at d govt of d day while d bulk of d problems are from we the citizens our greed, recklesness nd poor maintenance and maintenance culture is apalling.
Re: Flood In Uyo Despite Drainage System By Julius Berger by Uteghe(m): 12:22pm On Oct 19, 2013
eaglechild: "despite drainage by Julius Berger"
That is the dumbest clause I've ever come across.

It's like saying flood in Japan despite Japanese technology,
or bushfire in Australia despite fire fighters,
Tornadoes in US despite America claiming to be the best country.

Flood like any other natural disaster, can overwhelm the best of man made deterrents.
We should be more concerned about the response in helping the victims.
Just shut up! Did hurricane hit the state? Are we talking about natural disasters here? Look,let's assume you are actually ignorant-the issue in contention here is the fact that vast part uyo gets flooded after a short drizzle. That's a fact.

1 Like

Re: Flood In Uyo Despite Drainage System By Julius Berger by eaglechild: 12:40pm On Oct 19, 2013
Uteghe :

Just shut up! Did hurricane hit the state? Are we talking about natural disasters here? Look,let's assume you are actually ignorant-the issue in contention here is the fact that vast part uyo gets flooded after a short drizzle. That's a fact.
If you don't like Akpabio just say so and stop talking thrash.

1 Like

Re: Flood In Uyo Despite Drainage System By Julius Berger by Abagworo(m): 12:47pm On Oct 19, 2013
We don't have to always be hypocritical. I saw many of you write rubbish when pictures of some bad spots in Rivers and Imo State were posted despite knowing fully well that the Governors are some of the best in Nigeria. No one can deny that these my pictures are from Uyo.

Re: Flood In Uyo Despite Drainage System By Julius Berger by zetel95(m): 12:56pm On Oct 19, 2013
princemolak: Nigeria and poor infrastructures!
is flood a Nigeria problem Mr. Man, even in an advance country flood do worser dan wot we have ever experience in Nigeria. Let us all pray dat it should not be worse more dan dis.
Re: Flood In Uyo Despite Drainage System By Julius Berger by johnwell(m): 1:55pm On Oct 19, 2013
Elvin247: FLOOD OR NO FLOOD... Akwa ibom afon akan pot hacot
Eyeneka, tang sonng uyio

ugochukwu360: Na because say na estate na him mk dem dey mk noise, watabt d one wey dey hapn 4 Urua Ekpa wetin mk in neva enta news....
Wait a minute, is urua ekpa still flooding?

Uteghe :
I have said consistently that Akpabio's has ripped off the people of Akwa Ibom with neglible showy projects in Uyo and Ikot Ekpene metropolis while large parts of the state remains underdeveloped.He may think becoming GEJ's 'eyin ufok' will save his arse from prosecution,but he is wrong; The Bible says ''another Pharaoh arose that knew not Joseph''. Akpabio should know that the next Pharaoh may not by into his psycophantic dance steps,then the beautiful prison he built in Ikot Ekpene will 'house' him.
Don't just mind that "effiong-ata-utop" of a governor, his days a numbered, very soon his canibalistic & tribalistic kingdom will come to an end....AMEN!
Re: Flood In Uyo Despite Drainage System By Julius Berger by Nobody: 8:29pm On Oct 19, 2013
Yes, the rains of that Monday indeed flooded all parts of Uyo. It was not localised in any particular areas nor did it attack Mbiabong estate only. It just was overwhelming, but the good thing is that even as the whole city was subsumed in flood, it took just a few 5 - 10/20 minutes for the menace to clear. But for those whose houses or compounds were flooded, they definitely have a sad story to tell and some tears to shed, they need some our sympathy.
Re: Flood In Uyo Despite Drainage System By Julius Berger by Reallandmark: 9:16pm On Oct 19, 2013
are you an herbalist
Re: Flood In Uyo Despite Drainage System By Julius Berger by Reallandmark: 9:19pm On Oct 19, 2013
My guy, May be he dey chant incantation
Re: Flood In Uyo Despite Drainage System By Julius Berger by Nimen(m): 6:49am On Oct 20, 2013
.com:
lets hope so

those pics are from the flood that happened in the north.. All those pictures are fake
Re: Flood In Uyo Despite Drainage System By Julius Berger by Judek2(m): 7:50am On Oct 20, 2013
Who is Julius Begar.. Is he related to Julius Agwu

They are all jokers...

Re: Flood In Uyo Despite Drainage System By Julius Berger by Michael1957(m): 8:48am On Oct 20, 2013
U have sent many letters to the state government and they remain silent since 2011. Why not look for another means, the government have many budgets at hand. My sugestion is that you men should make a contribution either mandatory or volluntarily and do it. Every thing government! !! !!!
Re: Flood In Uyo Despite Drainage System By Julius Berger by Ilaje44(m): 9:33am On Oct 20, 2013
cashkid18: wat is dis one saying

The person you are refering to as "dis one" is old enough to be your father. Being online should not mean one should always throw courtsey to the wind.
Re: Flood In Uyo Despite Drainage System By Julius Berger by akpanbaba: 11:49am On Oct 21, 2013
This is an uncommon transformation in action.This happens when governance is done on the television and radio with several awards given for noisemaking.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ogun Women Protest Against 11% Representation In Governor Dapo Abiodun's Cabinet / Retirement Hell: Why Many Nigerian Pensioners Are Denied Access To Their Pension / Kebbi Governor Approves ₦675M Furniture Allowance For Elected Council Chairmen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.