Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,790 members, 7,875,963 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 05:34 AM

Why Did Genesis 1 And Genesis 2 Not Say Anything About Angels? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did Genesis 1 And Genesis 2 Not Say Anything About Angels? (685 Views)

In Genesis 1: 26, God Was Talking To Someone, Do You Know The Person ? / How Did Genesis' Writer Gain Access To Such Accurate Scientific Information / Was There A World Before Genesis 1? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Did Genesis 1 And Genesis 2 Not Say Anything About Angels? by macof(m): 2:16pm On Oct 17, 2013
I was listening to this usual Christian arguments.

When one seemingly smart guy said Angels were created before Humans and so Heaven was already existing before Genesis 1:7-8.

But the other said the Bible never mentioned such

The first guy made reference to Genesis 1:26 where God said "let US make man in OUR image"- us and our there gives the impression that other beings were with God; definitely angels.

That was how the argument started as I came in to chook mouth

I added Genesis 3:22 "behold man is now one of US, to be conscious of good and evil.

And being a pagan I argued that gods were with God

The Bible never stated the creation of angels or other gods but we believe they exist because they appear numerous times in the Bible and other religious stories
Re: Why Did Genesis 1 And Genesis 2 Not Say Anything About Angels? by Nobody: 2:27pm On Oct 17, 2013
You mean christains actually come together for the sole purpose of arguing the bible?
Are you kidding me? Didn't apostle paul warn us about vain arguments because the carnal cannot understand the spiritual.

Op,you answered your questions yourself.
Re: Why Did Genesis 1 And Genesis 2 Not Say Anything About Angels? by noblefada: 2:58pm On Oct 17, 2013
Re: Why Did Genesis 1 And Genesis 2 Not Say Anything About Angels? by macof(m): 3:00pm On Oct 17, 2013
Joavid: You mean christains actually come together for the sole purpose of arguing the bible?
Are you kidding me? Didn't apostle paul warn us about vain arguments because the carnal cannot understand the spiritual.

Op,you answered your questions yourself.

Wats this one saying? undecided

(1) (Reply)

If You Were Given 5million Dollars Not To Go To Church In A Month. / Letter To Pastor Chris Okotie / MASS ETIQUETTE: How To Behave During A Catholic Mass.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.