Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,126 members, 7,916,302 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 07:58 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (459618 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by fadinus(m): 11:43am On Oct 22, 2013
lentywilly: Baba Imperioxx where are you?
I owe you a lot...
House My Visa was just approved an hour ago at Abuja Embassy today.
I thank God for his mercies and grace.
Will post my interview questions and answers soon.
Love to all Members of this house.
Congrats bro, after ur denial/delay in August, today ur story has changed. Am happy for ya.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by godG: 11:44am On Oct 22, 2013
harkynon: Hello nairalanders. I want people to make comments about this school and its location. Utah state university. Isn't this a red flag to VOs? And does anyone reside there here that can tell me more about the cost of living there. Thanks

Great school. Not a red flag. Quite affordable I think.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by harkynon(m): 12:02pm On Oct 22, 2013
godG, pls give me ur email address or bb pin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by godG: 12:10pm On Oct 22, 2013
harkynon: godG, pls give me ur email address or bb pin

smiley use NL PM sir. Check my profile and shoot me a PM.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by shynepapin101: 12:47pm On Oct 22, 2013
Oreskid: Thanks so much all. I appreciate it all... Will take notice of all u have said and try contact the skool for a new I-20 for another session cos I can't use dis I-20 again skool resume 28th oct.

Sorry, I was wondering if one gets denied can they still use the same i-20 even if school has resume?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by kunlebal(m): 1:09pm On Oct 22, 2013
shynepapin101:

Sorry, I was wondering if one gets denied can they still use the same i-20 even if school has resume?
to my best of knowledge, you cant use it again because school as resumed. ask your school to send you another I-20 with new semester/session. i hope this helps
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 1:31pm On Oct 22, 2013
godG:

You don wear bulletproof?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by lentywilly: 2:24pm On Oct 22, 2013
My Interview was scheduled 7.30am today at the abuja embassy.
When the security man called for 7.30am batch, I walked majestically as the 1st person, having in mind that always being the 1st in everything results to something positive.
After checks for appointment and documents, we waited for the VOs because they were just coming to work. Next was finger print checks, all was done and we were waiting for the VOs.
After 10mins wait, A VO came into counter9 and said "1st applicant please step up to counter9. I walked majestically&boldly.
To my surprise it was the same nice woman that denied me in August. I was shocked/dumbfounded that the first question she asked, I couldn't even hear her well.

VO: Good Morning
Me: silent,still thinking why this woman again?
VO: She replied calling my name "williams good morning".
Me: I now recovered and said "good morning maam, how was your night?
VO: Fine, so you wanna go to the united states?
Me: still shocked, didn't hear her well so I said "pardon".
VO: so you wanna go to the united states?
Me: yes
VO: What is your purpose of visit?
Me: goinig for my masters degree program in Mech Eng.
VO: why mech eng?
Me: That's the course I studied in my undergraduate.
VO: which university?
Me: Federal university of Tech, Owerri.
VO: ok, do you have your transcript?
Me: Yes Maam, gave her the transcript.
VO: did you write any standardized test?
Me: yes Maam
VO: which tests?
Me: the GRE & TOEFL test.
VO: can I see the score sheet?
Me: gave her the original copies posted to me by ETS.
VO: She looked at it for 2mins&continued typing.
She asked me if my school have seen the score on my
GRE(becos my verbal was low 145).
Me: Yes Maam.
VO: ok, but why this school?
Me: sharply I remembered my rehearsed nairaland approach to such question, I said "back in my undergraduate days, my course advicer Engr Dr xxxx always told me how he did his master and doctorate degree program in this school. That they helped him attained his career height with friendly professors,good studying environment&nice security system. Checked it out on usnews it was ranked 2nd in mid west regional universities.
VO: ok, is it only this school you applied to?
Me: No.
VO: How many schools?
Me: I said 4(four).
VO: Namely?
Me: I named them including IPS Uniport to show I love my country nigeria and I wish to study here too.
VO: how many accepted you?
Me: 2, while the other I couldn't meet up the deadline to send my transcript.
VO: ok, who is your sponsor?
Me: My Uncle.
VO: what does your dad&mum do for a living?
Me: My dad a business man and mum a teacher.
VO: why is your dad not sponsoring you?
Me: because he doesn't have such money to pay the fees.
VO: why is your uncle sponsoring you?
Me: right from my childhood, I've been his favorite nephew. He keeps telling my parents how he will sponsor me through school until I own a big company like his one day. He also contributed like 70% of my secondary&tertiary education.
VO: what is your uncle into?
Me: he owns a steel company.
VO: do you think he can really pay for this?
Me: Yes, he officially wrote to the school stating strongly that he will pay for all the fees incurred in my masters.
VO: can I see the letter?
Me: gave her the letter (with company letter heading, company seal & a notary public stamp attached to it).
VO: types for 3mins and took my I-20, assport & Visa payment slip to one place, came back and said those magical words" your visa has been approved, take this document for your ****************"
Me: thank you maam (3x). Was s☺ happy that I couldn't walk again.
The Lord is good. My fellow brothers and sisters your own is coming soon, please be strong in prayer, fast and pray without ceasing. Rebuke the spirit that torments you inside that keep saying "what if you're denied" the lord will sincerely do it for you.
Thanks Baba Imperiouxx I owe you $100.

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton(m): 2:38pm On Oct 22, 2013
lentywilly: My Interview was scheduled 7.30am today at the abuja embassy.
When the security man called for 7.30am batch, I walked majestically as the 1st person, having in mind that always being the 1st in everything results to something positive.
After checks for appointment and documents, we waited for the VOs because they were just coming to work. Next was finger print checks, all was done and we were waiting for the VOs.
After 10mins wait, A VO came into counter9 and said "1st applicant please step up to counter9. I walked majestically&boldly.
To my surprise it was the same nice woman that denied me in August. I was shocked/dumbfounded that the first question she asked, I couldn't even hear her well.

VO: Good Morning
Me: silent,still thinking why this woman again?
VO: She replied calling my name "williams good morning".
Me: I now recovered and said "good morning maam, how was your night?
VO: Fine, so you wanna go to the united states?
Me: still shocked, didn't hear her well so I said "pardon".
VO: so you wanna go to the united states?
Me: yes
VO: What is your purpose of visit?
Me: goinig for my masters degree program in Mech Eng.
VO: why mech eng?
Me: That's the course I studied in my undergraduate.
VO: which university?
Me: Federal university of Tech, Owerri.
VO: ok, do you have your transcript?
Me: Yes Maam, gave her the transcript.
VO: did you write any standardized test?
Me: yes Maam
VO: which tests?
Me: the GRE & TOEFL test.
Me: sharply I remembered my rehearsed nairaland approach to such question, I said "back in my undergraduate days, my course advicer Engr Dr xxxx always told me how he did his master and doctorate degree program in this school. That they helped him attained his career height with friendly professors,good studying environment&nice security system. Checked it out on usnews it was ranked 2nd in mid west regional universities.
Me: I named them including IPS Uniport to show I love my country nigeria and I wish to study here too.
VO: how many accepted you?
Me: 2, while the other I couldn't meet up the deadline to send my transcript.
Me: right from my childhood, I've been his favorite nephew. He keeps telling my parents how he will sponsor me through school until I own a big company like his one day. He also contributed like 70% of my secondary&tertiary education.
Me: Yes, he officially wrote to the school stating strongly that he will pay for all the fees incurred in my masters.
Me: gave her the letter (with company letter heading, company seal & a notary public stamp attached to it).
VO: types for 3mins and took my I-20, assport & Visa payment slip to one place, came back and said those magical words" your visa has been approved, take this document for your ****************"
Me: thank you maam (3x). Was s☺ happy that I couldn't walk again.
The Lord is good. My fellow brothers and sisters your own is coming soon, please be strong in prayer, fast and pray without ceasing. Rebuke the spirit that torments you inside that keep saying "what if you're denied" the lord will sincerely do it for you.
wow!
Finally GOD has done it for one of our own. LentyWilly, my man, GOD has done it for you
So shall it be to us all.

Ricky Rozay, sir
I, Graviton on behalf of my client, LentyWilly demand full issuance of the promised $1,000.

Payment of the said amount is to be made to the account details I will be subsequently sending to yougrin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by lentywilly: 2:46pm On Oct 22, 2013
@ Graviton Its true ooo...
Abeg I need that $1000, let me give Baba $100. And use the rest and shayo the whole house.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by lentywilly: 2:49pm On Oct 22, 2013
Ricky Rozay: Wow!!! Wow!!! Wow!!!! Welcoming you all to Part 5.. This thread is moving so fast!!!!

Wishing all Spring 2014 US Student Visa applicants Success in their Journey to the Land of the Free and Opportunities....grin grin grin

May the good lord Grant you all your heart Desires on this New page of Part 5 and Looking forward to seeing lots and lots of Success on this Part 5..

I will be giving out $1,000 to the First spring Success story on here on Part 5!!!. tongue

Watch Out!!!!!!!!

Ricky Abeg I wann shayo the whole house far and near... Acc details will be tendered by Gravidon. Ejooh/biko/abeg/please chairman do something...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 2:52pm On Oct 22, 2013
lentywilly: My Interview was scheduled 7.30am today at the abuja embassy.
Rebuke the spirit that torments you inside that keep saying "what if you're denied" the lord will sincerely do it for you.

We owe God all gratitude. I can't even remember you undecided

Anyways, for the success of the day,

Cheers!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by lentywilly: 2:54pm On Oct 22, 2013
imperiouxx:

We owe God all gratitude. I can't even remember you undecided

Anyways, for the success of the day,

Cheers!
Baba thanks. No wahala, asked you about signing on my I-20 last week, if it was necessary. You replied Yes that it wasn't a big deal.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 2:57pm On Oct 22, 2013
lentywilly: Baba thanks. No wahala, asked you about signing on my I-20 last week, if it was necessary. You replied Yes that it wasn't a big deal.

Ok, I got too many channels undecided

Cheers!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 3:02pm On Oct 22, 2013
godG:

Be prepared fella!

I don't think you can withstand this!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton(m): 3:08pm On Oct 22, 2013
lentywilly: Ricky Abeg I wann shayo the whole house far and near... Acc details will be tendered by Gravidon. Ejooh/biko/abeg/please chairman do something...
failure by Ricky Rozay to provide the said funds will result in legal action from yours truly.

...the law is on our side and I'm yet to lose a case, we are looking at possible incarceration for a couple yearsgrin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton(m): 3:11pm On Oct 22, 2013
bros Imperiouxx, these your Smileys abi na gifs are really funny

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 3:13pm On Oct 22, 2013
lentywilly:
.....To my surprise it was the same nice woman that denied me in August.

You know the woman knows she has denied you before. Good prep and a good day when God is on one's file is always the better day.

lentywilly:

Many international students usually score less in their verbals (within 140+ range), that's why quantitative is the main focus of schools for Int'ls, most especially STEM. For PhD, many schools would tell you they have no minimum GRE scores but do better.... unless silly ones like Indiana University angry

lentywilly:

Sweeeeeeeet! kiss

lentywilly:

Well prepared. Left to you Oreskid (unadite).

lentywilly:

This part is only for Bab911. Nothing more nothing less. This is what I preached to you. Don't make mistake of changing that sponsor of yours. Go with the initial sponsor and pray all you'll say should be accepted.

lentywilly:

She escaped with it in August but now, no one can test it.

lentywilly:

My bank number is 066606660. grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by technolee(m): 4:15pm On Oct 22, 2013
@Ricky Rozay and the rest of the house, please, I need the address to TNT courier services around ikeja/oshodi in lagos as I need to send some documents out. I need the docs to land in 4 days. Please, am counting on you all Cos I don't want DHL to siphon all d cash on me!. Or what other service would you advice?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 4:43pm On Oct 22, 2013
technolee: @Ricky Rozay and the rest of the house, please, I need the address to TNT courier services around ikeja/oshodi in lagos as I need to send some documents out. I need the docs to land in 4 days. Please, am counting on you all Cos I don't want DHL to siphon all d cash on me!. Or what other service would you advice?

google nau!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by GraceyMeryl: 4:54pm On Oct 22, 2013
Hello evrione, am new here. Pls anyone know likely questions for F2 visa applicant, need ur advice, comments and what to expect

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by RickyRozay: 5:01pm On Oct 22, 2013
technolee: @Ricky Rozay and the rest of the house, please, I need the address to TNT courier services around ikeja/oshodi in lagos as I need to send some documents out. I need the docs to land in 4 days. Please, am counting on you all Cos I don't want DHL to siphon all d cash on me!. Or what other service would you advice?

TNT is the cheapest for Pick-up service, which is to receive packages from the US..

But your case is different, Since you said you are sending your package to the US.. The last time i visited TNT's office which was about 4 months ago, i made an enquiry about sending packages to the US and how much it cost, and one of their representative there told me the minimum amount TNT charges to send packages to the US is from #14,000 upwards..

But i can still give you their customer care no, for you to confirm about that. Maybe they might have reduced the price..

But another option for you is to use EMS speedpost.. I can CONFIRM to you that they are the cheapest for sending out packages to the US.. The last time i was in their office, they charged me #6,900 to send my admission package to my school in the US, and they told me my package will get there within 4 working days.

DHL, FedEx, UPS, e.t.c will charge you #14,000 upwards to send packages to the US.

So your BEST bet here is to use EMSspeedpost, they are the cheapest for sending out packages to the US and your package will get to it's destination with 4 working days and you will get the opportunity of tracking your package online till it gets to it's Final destination.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by RickyRozay: 5:47pm On Oct 22, 2013
Graviton: wow!
Finally GOD has done it for one of our own. LentyWilly, my man, GOD has done it for you

Ricky Rozay, sir
I, Graviton on behalf of my client, LentyWilly demand full issuance of the promised $1,000.

Payment of the said amount is to be made to the account details I will be subsequently sending to yougrin
cheesy
Graviton: wow!

Ricky Rozay, sir

Interesting!!!! I, Ricky Rozay, thereby inform you that your client's application for the claim of the $1,000 awuf funds cheesy cheesy has been DENIED!!!! cheesy

Due to the inability of NOT seeing him on NL as often as others.. cheesy cheesy

Your client wey just login in on NL today to inform us of his visa success, honestly today is the first time i have seen him on here on NL..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by RickyRozay: 5:52pm On Oct 22, 2013
lentywilly: Ricky Abeg I wann shayo the whole house far and near... Acc details will be tendered by Gravidon. Ejooh/biko/abeg/please chairman do something...

cheesy

@Lentywilly, Congrats on your US visa... Welcome to Obamaland... The land of the Brave..

Where u see $1,000.. Shey i resemble father christmas for una eyes.. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

You and your second, @Graviton, una wan put me for gbese abi. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton(m): 6:02pm On Oct 22, 2013
Ricky Rozay:
cheesy

Interesting!!!! I, Ricky Rozay, thereby inform you that your client's application for the claim of the $1,000 awuf funds cheesy cheesy has been DENIED!!!! cheesy

Your client wey just login in on NL today to inform us of his visa success, honestly today is the first time i have seen him on here on NL..
we no go gree o!...we no go gree!

Make u no worry, subpoena dey come your way.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by lentywilly: 6:35pm On Oct 22, 2013
Ricky Rozay:
cheesy

don't say such, I even posted my first experience here, I read every single page on this thread everyday. S☺ Boss no worry yourself. I stampid for here like stamp.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by lentywilly: 6:38pm On Oct 22, 2013
Graviton: we no go gree o!...we no go gree!

Make u no worry, subpoena dey come your way.
what of peeps that read and gist with you, when the get it, the move ahead. Can't share common interview post here. Please be happy a brother shared his experience.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by lentywilly: 6:45pm On Oct 22, 2013
fadinus:
Congrats bro, after ur denial/delay in August, today ur story has changed. Am happy for ya.
Fadinus knows my 1st story, I do talk sometimes, you talk when its called for. If I don't have anything to say will I voice? Fadinus God bless you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by obotubong: 7:19pm On Oct 22, 2013
Ricky Rozay:

TNT is the cheapest for Pick-up service, which is to receive packages from the US..

But your case is different, Since you said you are sending your package to the US.. The last time i visited TNT's office which was about 4 months ago, i made an enquiry about sending packages to the US and how much it cost, and one of their representative there told me the minimum amount TNT charges to send packages to the US is from #14,000 upwards..

But i can still give you their customer care no, for you to confirm about that. Maybe they might have reduced the price..

But another option for you is to use EMS speedpost.. I can CONFIRM to you that they are the cheapest for sending out packages to the US.. The last time i was in their office, they charged me #6,900 to send my admission package to my school in the US, and they told me my package will get there within 4 working days.

DHL, FedEx, UPS, e.t.c will charge you #14,000 upwards to send packages to the US.

FedEx is 9850 to US. i sent a doc in August. deliver 3 wk days
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by technolee(m): 7:34pm On Oct 22, 2013
imperiouxx:

google nau!
Dictatorial Impericoco! Trust me na!! I have done that. I want to hear from the horses mouth and that was why I came to a place I could ‎​call HOME. Thanks brother of life
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by kunlebal(m): 7:39pm On Oct 22, 2013
Ricky Rozay:

So your BEST bet here is to use EMSspeedpost, they are the cheapest for sending out packages to the US and your package will get to it's destination with 4 working days and you will get the opportunity of tracking your package online till it gets to it's Final destination.
Fedex is N9,600 for sending of documents, I use them last month
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by technolee(m): 7:43pm On Oct 22, 2013
obotubong:

FedEx is 9850 to US. i sent a doc in August. deliver 3 wk days
A document!! What of 6,7 documents? What will that cost @ FedEX??

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (501)

Travelling To Canada / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.