Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,317 members, 7,900,730 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 04:03 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (139) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (458804 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by oyetpel(m): 6:53pm On Dec 21, 2013
Chemical2:

How did you make the ED request and what items did you send? Is it Abj or Lag?
Log in true, http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng, enter ut email and password. u r will see alot of options, just click emrrgency appointment.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by oyetpel(m): 6:57pm On Dec 21, 2013
iamchux:

Yes you will have to!
Did you send a copy of your I-20 and SEVIS receipt, or just your I-20 alone?
I-20 alone
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 7:45pm On Dec 21, 2013
Graviton v.2.0.:
Please, guys

Is there any other way to pay offline(paper) admission application fees besides money orders?

Call the int'l adm office and provide ur mastercard details.

Goodluck!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by borie4u(m): 7:52pm On Dec 21, 2013
@imperious
oga mi, u have a mail
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by ProfEnny(f): 8:32pm On Dec 21, 2013
Graviton v.2.0.:
Murray state university, Kentucky is really good!

I'm applying there!...we need to talk!!

No probs. Just confirmed that someone got a visa for the school today. Send a mail.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Chemical2(m): 8:35pm On Dec 21, 2013
oyetpel:
Log in true, http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng, enter ut email and password. u r will see alot of options, just click emrrgency appointment.
Thanks for that clarification, however did u pay your Sevis fee before applying for ED because the payment I made is yet to reflect on the fmjee website, want to be sure if Sevis fee payment confirmation is done by them before approving ED.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 10:18pm On Dec 21, 2013
borie4u: @imperious
oga mi, u have a mail

Yes sir. Check your email now. I've forwarded an email I received this week from loyola university to you. Though their deadline was Dec 1 but they still wish to receive my application (late) and waive the BS transcript evaluation issue they were dragging with me before.

Mind you, deadline in most school for fall 2014 was Dec 1 but there are few deadlines between feb and march.

All the best sir!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by borie4u(m): 10:49pm On Dec 21, 2013
@imperious
Thanks. I was even looking at April Admission as i still have IELTS exams and my MSc degree defence to do. Thanks. I will send my applications as fast as possible. How are u doing my Oga? Congrats on ur Msc
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 12:39am On Dec 22, 2013
Amefrica:

Call the int'l adm office and provide ur mastercard details.

Goodluck!
Ame, thank you jare!

I nearly faint for here!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 12:50am On Dec 22, 2013
Prof Enny:

No probs. Just confirmed that someone got a visa for the school today. Send a mail.
Wow! Such wonderful news!!

I'll be sending that first thing in the morning.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 2:28am On Dec 22, 2013
borie4u: @imperious
Thanks. I was even looking at April Admission as i still have IELTS exams and my MSc degree defence to do. Thanks. I will send my applications as fast as possible. How are u doing my Oga? Congrats on ur Msc

I'm trying to survive, thanks. I wish you all the best in your defense.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by vivysparkles(f): 3:55am On Dec 22, 2013
stan-ogb:

Thanks all. I think all these advices will do. Please recommend just one skull for me...
Criteria...low gre, no toefl, low tuition...

Don't get it twisted y'all virginia international university is different from florida international university...na wa for una o
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 4:23am On Dec 22, 2013
vivysparkles:

Don't get it twisted y'all virginia international university is different from florida international university...na wa for una o
undecidedI don't get it. They are in different states and they don't even sound similar.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by stanogb(m): 7:16am On Dec 22, 2013
vivysparkles:

thanks @viva...i was confused about wat amefrica said cos i researched the school and was about paying their application fee. Thanks once more. I will complete my application.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 7:17am On Dec 22, 2013
Graviton v.2.0.:
Ame, thank you jare!

I nearly faint for here!

My pleasure bro!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 7:20am On Dec 22, 2013
stan-ogb:
thanks @viva...i was confused about wat amefrica said cos i researched the school and was about paying their application fee. Thanks once more. I will complete my application.

I don't think I told you not to complete ur app, it's your job to research schools and not mushroom schools(Virginia International University, Everest etc) that chances of getting VISA approved are very slim.

Goodluck!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by JFdENIGMA: 8:18am On Dec 22, 2013
First thing first. It is good to be back somehow. @All, yo doing a wonderful work here!

I would like to say to imperious congrats on the successful completion of your MS and many more success in advance bro!!

Congo to all that have gotten their visa. Wishing you a wonderful study and stay in the US. We may meet there in the new year if our points fall within the same radius. Same goes for the elders that own territories there already.

Everyone that was denied visa nothing to worry about. Keep hopes alive, it is just delay and isn't going to be final. We will get to that moment where celebration with surpass every of these, where triumph will finally get the better part of these travails. Cheer up!!

I have submitted my applications, howbeit, list modified. We just keep our fingers crossed as we await the singing bird to bring the wonderful story home.

I have a little to say later, especially to those that are vying for a PhD position as a newbie researcher. I hope it helps a little.

Happy yuletide and merry xmas to you all!!!

From the small boy with a Big Head, Wide Eye and Large Heart!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 9:42am On Dec 22, 2013
JFdENIGMA: First thing first. It is good to be back somehow. @All, yo doing a wonderful work here!

I would like to say to imperious congrats on the successful completion of your MS and many more success in advance bro!!

Congo to all that have gotten their visa. Wishing you a wonderful study and stay in the US. We may meet there in the new year if our points fall within the same radius. Same goes for the elders that own territories there already.

Everyone that was denied visa nothing to worry about. Keep hopes alive, it is just delay and isn't going to be final. We will get to that moment where celebration with surpass every of these, where triumph will finally get the better part of these travails. Cheer up!!

I have submitted my applications, howbeit, list modified. We just keep our fingers crossed as we await the singing bird to bring the wonderful story home.

I have a little to say later, especially to those that are vying for a PhD position as a newbie researcher. I hope it helps a little.

Happy yuletide and merry xmas to you all!!!

From the small boy with a Big Head, Wide Eye and Large Heart!!!

Lol...Bro, we see you! Merry Christmas

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bigfrancis21: 1:23pm On Dec 22, 2013
Happy sunday, Nairalanders.

I'm fully set to go. The preparations have not been easy. For those abroad, I want to ask the particular food stuffs that are prohibited at the airport? In particular, is red oil or palm oil or nmanu nni(igbo) prohibited at the airport?

These are the food stuffs I bought:
Ogbono
Egwusi
Crayfish
Okporoko[stockfish. Both fillets and the stockfish ear(nti okporoko)]
Dry fish
Red oil
A dozen of curry and thyme each(I learnt ours tastes differently from theirs)
Maggi and knor.
Garri and 'garri turner'. cheesy

I didn't buy okro and ugu leaves because I believe I could find them there.
Those abroad, please I need your inputs.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by mckenziiii: 1:30pm On Dec 22, 2013
Hello guyz pls just want to confirm dis abt ielts test,dere r two kind Academic n General,which one shld I choose when registerin.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by feregamo: 1:45pm On Dec 22, 2013
Hello house pls I need someone in SHSU contact to futher know more about the sch and someone to put me thru about the campus life and more about the sch.Hope to have response asap
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by ojooyelakin: 2:21pm On Dec 22, 2013
bigfrancis21: Happy sunday, Nairalanders.

I'm fully set to go. The preparations have not been easy. For those abroad, I want to ask the particular food stuffs that are prohibited at the airport? In particular, is red oil or palm oil or nmanu nni(igbo) prohibited at the airport?

Ogbono
Egwusi
Crayfish
Dry fish
Red oil
Maggi and knor.

LMAO , I can't laugh joor ... But I'm not surprise since you A.K.A is bigfrancis I know you will love food... This forum is for who need help in entering state not food arrangement helper forum... Now you happy with your visa that's why you need help in arranging good stuffs.. A lot of people still battling on how to secure TRV .... You can come along with any food so far your foods are not hard drugs... But I bet you, you will eat like there is no tomorrow .. Food ain't problem here...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by nomso27(m): 2:28pm On Dec 22, 2013

Ogbono
Egwusi
Crayfish
Dry fish
Red oil
Maggi and knor.

shocked bro nothing do you.
Eba tinz for yankee.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by nomso27(m): 2:29pm On Dec 22, 2013
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 2:45pm On Dec 22, 2013

Ogbono
Egwusi
Crayfish
Dry fish
Red oil
Maggi and knor.

Food for thought grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by jcaribie: 3:19pm On Dec 22, 2013
mckenziiii: Hello guyz pls just want to confirm dis abt ielts test,dere r two kind Academic n General,which one shld I choose when registerin.

Academic
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Johnmayor: 3:24pm On Dec 22, 2013
Hello guys am new here .Am going to USA for my undergraduate study and already applied for USA visa interview.Pls my main question now is that when applying for admission I use my dad personal bank statement and now am going with the bank statement with letter of sponsorship bearing his company name on top .

my second question is I finish my national diploma in may but i did not apply with the national diploma result and am taking the notification of result to the embassy hope it won't be a problem?

Thirdly,I already fill my DS160 form nd gave fix an appointment but I want o make some changes in my Ds160 form abt my previous education,pls can I fill anoda DS160 form hope it won't be a problem?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 3:29pm On Dec 22, 2013
Johnmayor: Hello guys am new here .Am going to USA for my undergraduate study and already applied for USA visa interview.Pls my main question now is that when applying for admission I use my dad personal bank statement and now am going with the bank statement with letter of sponsorship bearing his company name on top . You are good to go with that.

my second question is I finish my national diploma in may but i did not apply with the national diploma result and am taking the notification of result to the embassy hope it won't be a problem? It's OK, many people here have done that b4 and got their VISAs approved

Thirdly,I already fill my DS160 form nd gave fix an appointment but I want o make some changes in my Ds160 form abt my previous education,pls can I fill anoda DS160 form hope it won't be a problem? You can fill another DS160, just make sure you update the new number on ur appointment page and print it

Goodluck bro! smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Johnmayor: 3:50pm On Dec 22, 2013
[quote author=Amefrica]

Goodluck bro! smiley[/quote thanks for takin time to answer me please abt the letter of sponsorship using my dad company letterhead paper hope its won't be a prob since am taking his personal bank statement not company own bank statement and hope the VO might not ask of my transcript
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 3:56pm On Dec 22, 2013

Ogbono This got soap taste so we returned it and was refunded
Egwusi There is enough of this that can still last me the next 2 months in my fridge
Crayfish only if you no no your way to Walmart. Crayfish dey parade dem fridge in Walmart begging people to come for them
Okporoko[stockfish. Both fillets and the stockfish ear(nti okporoko)] I'm not an enthusiast of this
Dry fish I'm not an enthusiast of this
Red oil I used this for 7 months and I enjoyed it.
A dozen of curry and thyme each(I learnt ours tastes differently from theirs)It's like you thought curry and thyme are words coined from Nigeria. Those na white people recipes. Only if you hate going to Walmart
Maggi and knor. I used Knorr for good 8 months and I enjoyed it. Americans type which I don't like too much is called bouillon cube google the pic
Garri and 'garri turner'. I love those Ijebu type sent to me, now it's finished and I wan cry

You are just a typical Nigerian going on journey. You will get more than enough of all this in MD (State of Nigerians). Those bold are all what I have a good friend sent to me in large quantities because there is no African store here in my town. Okra, no worry about that one, Americans dey fry am as appetizer. Dem get okra plenty for Walmart, sealed in bags.

Mind you, I didn't bring any food stuffs from Nigeria while coming and I ate pounded yam prepared from pounded yam flour for more than 7 months.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 4:17pm On Dec 22, 2013
Johnmayor, no problem abt the letter. Please to be on a safe side, go with ur transcript/certificate to back ur claim up.

Goodluck!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 5:08pm On Dec 22, 2013
imperiouxx:

You are just a typical Nigerian going on journey. You will get more than enough of all this in MD (State of Nigerians). Those bold are all what I have good friend sent to me in large quantities because there is no African store here in my town. Okra, no worry about that one, Americans dey fry am as appetizer. Dem get okra plenty for Walmart, sealed in bags.

Mind you, I didn't bring any food stuffs from Nigeria while coming and I ate pounded yam prepared from pounded yam flour for more than 7 months.
Your stomach na Heavy duty grin grin me I cannot eat all those Walmart junk save for the okra o. Kai, Mr Imperiouxx....oyinbo curry is different jor. it's quite tasteless tongue

I'm sure you like American food too sef shocked

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (501)

Travelling To Canada / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.