Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,175 members, 7,880,663 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 12:30 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (289) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (457605 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Ashigolo(m): 6:32am On Jul 15, 2014
McKinzie:

Ashigolo, why the wahala of going up and down when you can easily pay with all these our bank cards?..

Search flights, choose a date.. Proceed to payment, Enter your Card Info, Confirm booking and print out your itinerary...

Thanks bro, trust me I know all about that but its jst that my account is not loaded yet, which is why I wanna walk into bank and pay for the flight. Besides that, its a very easy process too. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Rijo02: 7:02am On Jul 15, 2014
Ashigolo: Thanks bro, trust me I know all about that but its jst that my account is not loaded yet, which is why I wanna walk into bank and pay for the flight. Besides that, its a very easy process too. Thanks

Make sure you call to get their current rate so you dont have to over or short pay.
Cheers
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Ashigolo(m): 7:10am On Jul 15, 2014
Rijo02:

Make sure you call to get their current rate so you dont have to over or short pay.
Cheers
I'll give them a call to get their current exchange rate before making the payment. Thanks bro

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Rijo02: 7:26am On Jul 15, 2014
Hi house.........This was advised by Zee and others who are informed about using GTb Master Card for online transaction and even withdrawal when someone arrives the States.
I went to GT and confirmed the above information. You will be charged N420(< $3) for each transaction. You can withdraw maximum of $6000 a day. And I think the most interesting of them is the rate at which you get the dollar; 158.8 at against 165 at the bureau de change.
Activate your master Card with a token if you haven't. It will save you a great deal.
I think this is safer and even more economical.
All the best guys.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 7:37am On Jul 15, 2014
July 17 is also available. Lagos embassy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bimbola85(m): 7:41am On Jul 15, 2014
Rijo02: Hi house.........This was advised by Zee and others who are informed about using GTb Master Card for online transaction and even withdrawal when someone arrives the States.
I went to GT and confirmed the above information. You will be charged N420(< $3) for each transaction. You can withdraw maximum of $6000 a day. And I think the most interesting of them is the rate at which you get the dollar; 158.8 at against 165 at the bureau de change.
Activate your master Card with a token if you haven't. It will save you a great deal.
I think this is safer and even more economical.
All the best guys.

Bro,I've been using gtb's master card for all my international transactions.

They charge more than the exchange rate and I can say that anywhere.

Just last week, they charged me #166.32 per $ for all the payments I made and this prompted me to email them over the weekend to ask about their exchange rate. They said #161.50 while they charged more than that.

See the attachment for confirmation.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 7:47am On Jul 15, 2014
bimbola85:

Bro,I've been using gtb's master card for all the transactions I've been doing as per international payments.

Just last week, they charged me #166.32 per $ for all the payments I made and this prompted me to email them over the weekend to ask about their exchange rate. They said #161.50 while they charged more than that.

I smilled when I read the post. The bank with the best exchange rate so far is access bank. GTbank are crooks in their exchange rates. Exchange rates are not static, they fluctuate over time. I remeber when I went to cash some dollars in 2012, at the counter the guy said the exchange rate was 151. Before I finished filling the rubbish form, I got to the counter and it rose to 156 grin. I smild plenty.

The beat way to use their card is the money order purchase and cash returns outlined by MsNas. Swiping cards at 3$ aint wise at all.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 7:50am On Jul 15, 2014
bimbola85:

You are right. All Nigeria banks are crooks when it comes to exchange rate. But above this, GT Bank is still the best when it comes to services outside Nigeria.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 7:52am On Jul 15, 2014
juntod:

You are right. All Nigeria banks are crooks when it comes to exchange rate. But above this, GT Bank is still the best when it comes to services outside Nigeria.
You are very correct with the service outside Nigeria. But exchange rates and charges, I'll give it to access bank
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Rijo02: 7:54am On Jul 15, 2014
bimbola85:

Hi bimbola.......Wow. I can't help it but shout out loud when I read this. It is a pity I was given a wrong information by the customer service and she has made me seem stupid by bringing forth her erroneous info here. I still have unfinished business around the particular bank area. Can you please forward the email conversation (pm) to me. I will see to it.
Thanks bimbola for bringing this up.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 7:59am On Jul 15, 2014
Rijo02:

Hi bimbola.......Wow. I can't help it but shout out loud when I read this. It is a pity I was given a wrong information by the customer service and she has made me seem stupid by bringing forth her erroneous info here. I still have unfinished business around the particular bank area. Can you please forward the email conversation (pm) to me. I will see to it.
What you need to understand is exchange rates are not static, they fluctuate overtime, its not like US visa fee that's fixed at their thievery rate of 167
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Rijo02: 8:01am On Jul 15, 2014
slimmy05: I smilled when I read the post. The bank with the best exchange rate so far is access bank. GTbank are crooks in their exchange rates. Exchange rates are not static, they fluctuate over time. I remeber when I went to cash some dollars in 2012, at the counter the guy said the exchange rate was 151. Before I finished filling the rubbish form, I got to the counter and it rose to 156 grin. I smild plenty.

The beat way to use their card is the money order purchase and cash returns outlined by MsNas. Swiping cards at 3$ aint wise at all.

Hey Slimmy. .....can you please tell me more about the money order purchase and cash returns. I think I heard(from zee) that the swiping of card and all other electronic payments doesn't attract charges, its just withdrawal.
Nice discussion. .......informed guys lets address this.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bimbola85(m): 8:04am On Jul 15, 2014
slimmy05: I smilled when I read the post. The bank with the best exchange rate so far is access bank. GTbank are crooks in their exchange rates. Exchange rates are not static, they fluctuate over time. I remeber when I went to cash some dollars in 2012, at the counter the guy said the exchange rate was 151. Before I finished filling the rubbish form, I got to the counter and it rose to 156 grin. I smild plenty.

Bro, when it comes to receiving money from abroad, they will tell you exchange rate is even $159 and try make international payment, na then you go know the koko($166). cheesy

juntod:

Yes they are but international transactions(no go area).

Rijo02:

I just pm U.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by olumide098(m): 8:06am On Jul 15, 2014
Can someone confirm payment of flight from wakanow.com hope its not a fake site?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 8:07am On Jul 15, 2014
Rijo02:

Hey Slimmy. .....can you please tell me more about the money order purchase and cash returns. I think I heard(from zee) that the swiping of card and all other electronic payments doesn't attract charges, its just withdrawal.
Nice discussion. .......informed guys lets address this.
MsNas can better enlighten the house as I've not quite understood how the process works. We would need to get her attention to come explain the process.

Since swiping of card do not attract any fee, its ok. I am only considering the exchange rate at this point, its on the high side. Would discuss with bigfrancis21, I just activated my access bank visa for online banking.

But as an Igbo man, I don't fully trust these cards, so I still maintain that first bank account with no ATM or online transactions. I dont want to hear my money was withdrawn in sambisa forest while am in Le Meridian Hotel. tongue

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 8:10am On Jul 15, 2014
olumide098: Can someone confirm payment of flight from wakanow.com hope its not a fake site?
Please, go through the airline direct to avoid stories.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Rijo02: 8:10am On Jul 15, 2014
slimmy05: What you need to understand is exchange rates are not static, they fluctuate overtime, its not like US visa fee that's fixed at their thievery rate of 167

Lol.......US visa fee is even fixed at 170. Slimmy I think you are very correct cos the customer service lady told me dat it fluctuates; yesterday's price being 158.8. And now I think I recall that same last week, bureau de change was at 166.xx.
What's the perfect recommendation considering cost and safety?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 8:12am On Jul 15, 2014
Let me go through the thread and search for the conversation
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 8:13am On Jul 15, 2014
Rijo02:

Lol.......US visa fee is even fixed at 170. Slimmy I think you are very correct cos the customer service lady told me dat it fluctuates; yesterday's price being 158.8. And now I think I recall that same last week, bureau de change was at 166.xx.
What's the perfect recommendation considering cost and safety?
Thanks for the correction. I will search the thread and get back to you guys
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Rijo02: 8:16am On Jul 15, 2014
slimmy05: MsNas can better enlighten the house as I've not quite understood how the process works. We would need to get her attention to come explain the process.

Since swiping of card do not attract any fee, its ok. I am only considering the exchange rate at this point, its on the high side. Would discuss with bigfrancis21, I just activated my access bank visa for online banking.

But as an Igbo man, I don't fully trust these cards, so I still maintain that first bank account with no ATM or online transactions. I dont want to hear my money was withdrawn in sambisa forest while am in Le Meridian Hotel. tongue

Funny igbo man.......I think the banks are more secured with their online services. Its just the charges that is the problem.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by honeyad(m): 8:31am On Jul 15, 2014
No body has been to the embassy recently ? angry Make una give us success transcripts now
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 8:57am On Jul 15, 2014
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 8:57am On Jul 15, 2014
bimbola85:

Bro, when it comes to receiving money from abroad, they will tell you exchange rate is even $159 and try make international payment, na then you go know the koko($166). cheesy

Of course they have to be different. Thats buying and selling rate.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 8:57am On Jul 15, 2014
Rijo and all, use the link
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 9:22am On Jul 15, 2014
olumide098: Can someone confirm payment of flight from wakanow.com hope its not a fake site?

My elder sister went on vacay last year and she got her ticket from wakanow so I guess they're cool.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by olumide098(m): 9:33am On Jul 15, 2014
Waiting for Igbo boy success story this month....I will just come down to ur side and take plenty Baron...abi nah..U sabi urself guy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 9:37am On Jul 15, 2014
lipsrsealed grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by olumide098(m): 9:38am On Jul 15, 2014
Stewee:

My elder sister went on vacay last year and she got her ticket from wakanow so I guess they're cool.

thanks....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 10:03am On Jul 15, 2014
igbonerd:

Thanks a lot for your response. I like to overstretch my goals, ensures my performance is way above average. Besides I took the GRE in my 400L (2011) and got 161 & 164 on the Verbal and Quant respectively, so I'm hoping to improve tremendously on those scores.

I'm done with the Manhattan Prep. It was quite engaging, to be honest; particularly the Advanced Quant section. I'm looking for other resource and would be obliged if you could recommend. Bless you.

When I wrote the Gre,
I got a 166V 168Q 5Aw
You can do it too.

If you're in a math based field, it might be easier to hit 170 in quants. I really should have scored 170 if in was more careful. So you have to watch out for those tiny annoying mistakes.
Verbal was easy for me but really wasn't expecting 166. Powerprep range was 162-163. I ended up with 166.
So yes it's certainly doable.

Btw have you taken Powerprep?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by francisabuah: 10:04am On Jul 15, 2014
Gud morin house,plz I need info on how to register for TOEFL and GRE on my own.plz I need the information as soon as possible,pplease.thanks and God bless
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 10:14am On Jul 15, 2014
ebdib:

When I wrote the Gre,
I got a 166V 168Q 5Aw
You can do it too.

If you're in a math based field, it might be easier to hit 170 in quants. I really should have scored 170 if in was more careful. So you have to watch out for those tiny annoying mistakes.
Verbal was easy for me but really wasn't expecting 166. Powerprep range was 162-163. I ended up with 166.
So yes it's certainly doable.

Btw have you taken Powerprep?

You guys should be gunning for ivy league schools with these scores. If I have this score, I don't need to rewrite anything.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by chimdilawson: 10:25am On Jul 15, 2014
please guys! I applied for admission to a flight school in Florida, Daytona beach to do a short course "Airline Dispatcher", did all the preliminary payments and expecting I-20 form within the week for M-1 Visa application. The school is Phoenix East Aviation School. Does anyone have an idea of ones chances of getting the visa? hope is not a red flag sch

(1) (2) (3) ... (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) ... (501)

Travelling To Canada / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.