Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,202,056 members, 7,980,764 topics. Date: Monday, 21 October 2024 at 02:01 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (327) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (462363 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by RexNdubest(m): 3:11pm On Jul 19, 2014
Hello everyone!
Which is the easiest way to get to the Consulate for someone coming from Ikeja?
Should I go thru CMS or Obalende?
At CMS or Obalende, how do I get to the Embassy?
Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by iluvmybishop: 3:27pm On Jul 19, 2014
RexNdubest: Hello everyone!
Which is the easiest way to get to the Consulate for someone coming from Ikeja?
Should I go thru CMS or Obalende?
At CMS or Obalende, how do I get to the Embassy?
Thanks.
just go tru obalende frm dere take keke napeb to consulate,by d way wen is ur interview?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jul 19, 2014
Yvete: My Amefrica!!! grin

Kpolli shared this great news with me. I'm super proud of you. Enjoy the new greener pastures my dear and keep in touch. Don't forget us when you become the Minister of Foreign Affairs or show up at the United Nations. cheesy

I don't know where to post this. Guess NL loves me so much they re-activated my account. Hope you see this cheesy

Yay! It's been so long I saw you, ma. cheesy I really missed you and
Mamacita! How's USA nah? Them US VOs nearly killed my
dream, lol. grin

I go go dem embassy next week go use my
Canadian VISA slap them..

God won't forget us all Welcome back! How about that
our 'lounge' abeg we need unite again oo.

Thanks once again, ma. kiss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by RexNdubest(m): 4:14pm On Jul 19, 2014
iluvmybishop: just go tru obalende frm dere take keke napeb to consulate,by d way wen is ur interview?
Okay, thanks!
Na this Tuesday oo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jul 19, 2014
RexNdubest:
Okay, thanks!
Na this Tuesday oo
success
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bbdd: 4:36pm On Jul 19, 2014
slimmy05: success

Bro I contacted my school
The transcript office people said I should wait for 2 weeks before they can even get the wes verification request letter and that I have to pay for courier after its done .
The mail will first go to student affairs then registrar before going to records.

I was just weak.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by RexNdubest(m): 4:40pm On Jul 19, 2014
slimmy05: success
Thanks boss!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jul 19, 2014
bbdd:

Bro I contacted my school
The transcript office people said I should wait for 2 weeks before they can even get the wes verification request letter and that I have to pay for courier after its done .
The mail will first go to student affairs then registrar before going to records.

I was just weak.
wow, no need to worry. I know Nigerian system is very funny. Just exercise patience they'll get it done. How much are you paying them for the courier. I'm hearing this for the first time. You schooled in UI right? Nigerian universities love money too much. International transcript from my school is 25k, student copy is 15k (uni port)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 5:14pm On Jul 19, 2014
olumide098: Advice for guyz...If you want to pay for flight..make sure you have substantial amount of money in your ATM card, try as much as possible to check website frequently so that u can get the cheapest flight..we do not have to be wasting money for flight nah all bcoz we are going to yankee....Imagine Prices don rise again this morning...see update...

Nice.
I paid 201k for a 1way ticket to Miami.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jul 19, 2014
Stewee:

Nice.
I paid 201k for a 1way ticket to Miami.
which airline
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 5:38pm On Jul 19, 2014
slimmy05: which airline

Qatar!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jul 19, 2014
Stewee:

Qatar!
cool. Nice deal.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walecrsyler: 6:05pm On Jul 19, 2014
Special congratulations to my Man Amefrica, May the Lord cover you in all your endeavors. you have been helpful to so many peeps on here. i guess that's why you were finally rewarded accordingly by God Almighty . Stay Strong and Welcome to Canny!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jul 19, 2014
Walecrsyler: Special congratulations to my Man Amefrica, May the Lord cover you in all your endeavors. you have been helpful to so many peeps on here. i guess that's why you were finally rewarded accordingly by God Almighty . Stay Strong and Welcome to Canny!!

Amen IJN!

Thanks much, egbon. I really appreciate! I go visit Minnesota soonest. wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bigfrancis21: 6:19pm On Jul 19, 2014
zeezahbee: so if person get beard , they wont allow him into the embassy or vo wont attend to him?

The visa interview is an official interview where one's appearance can play part in the visa officer's decision process. It properly follows that as a man with beard, you would want to keep the beard well-shaven or shave it completely. In corporate america(government or white-collar jobs), men are not even permitted to have beard at all. Even when going for job interviews and career fairs, you're required to shave your beard to make the most impression on your prospective employer. Na here em pain me pass. Losing my dear wavy beard of yore. embarassed

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jul 19, 2014
bigfrancis21:

The visa interview is an official interview where one's appearance can play part in the visa officer's decision process. It properly follows that as a man with beard, you would want to keep the beard well-shaven or shave it completely. In corporate america(government or white-collar jobs), men are not even permitted to have beard at all. Even when going for job interviews and career fairs, you're required to shave your beard too make the most impression on your prospective employer. Na here em pain me pass. Losing my dear way beard. embarassed

tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 6:53pm On Jul 19, 2014
zeezahbee: idaz booboo, they dont know yet , tell them. abeg when are you coming na? some whitey haff been giving me green light here oo and i kept shouting idazbawz.
tell dem say your boo na boko-haram, they'll start running ones dey sight you....

Na next month I dey port ooo... I don even tire 4 Naija seff.... Done with Unilag, home n patiently waiting for August to dive in.... cheesy

Lay the bed well b4 I come oo wink wink... earthquake gast happen dah night grin cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 6:55pm On Jul 19, 2014
Amefrica:

Thanks paddy! cheesy

School resumes Sept. 3
same date with mine.... so wen are u porting?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jul 19, 2014
Idazbawz: tell dem say your boo na boko-haram, they'll start running ones dey sight you....

Na next month I dey port ooo... I don even tire 4 Naija seff.... Done with Unilag, home n patiently waiting for August to dive in.... cheesy

Lay the bed well b4 I come oo wink wink... earthquake gast happen dah night grin cheesy
when the earthquake starts don't diall 911 o. lipsrsealed
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 6:59pm On Jul 19, 2014
Amefrica:

We rugged pass una oo.. Heaven knows!
una rugged reach Akokites??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Rijo02: 7:04pm On Jul 19, 2014
Amefrica........from all indication, u are destined to be where you are now.He made the path for you and ur tenacity has crowned it all.
Best of luck in Canada.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 7:05pm On Jul 19, 2014
slimmy05: when the earthquake starts don't diall 911 o. lipsrsealed
cheesy cheesy badt guy!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by ridimic1: 7:08pm On Jul 19, 2014
thsanks zezah...I hope troy doesn't need wes o because I can't stand DAT stress

I will like to live outside campus... d lowest room shud be how much.. thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 7:13pm On Jul 19, 2014
zeezahbee: do you wanna stay on campus? if yes, then add the 8k join, its for the living expenses. living expenses might be food inclusive or not. some schools add it while some will give you list of the number of time youi want to eat their food per day, maybe 3times or just once. check you school website or probably email them but for me, i think off campus housing is cheaper and you also got privaCY

Am not bothered about housing, cos I booked for 1room apartment in the school's campus..
If I have to take additional funds for living expenses should in case the school will not provide foods for me, how much will be enough for 1 semester?
Thanks for you input.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jul 19, 2014
Idazbawz: same date with mine.... so wen are u porting?

Nicey! cheesy

I'm porting around mid-Aug. You?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jul 19, 2014
Idazbawz: una rugged reach Akokites??

OOUites are the most rugged I've ever seen! cheesy

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jul 19, 2014
Rijo02: Amefrica........from all indication, u are destined to be where you are now.He made the path for you and ur tenacity has crowned it all.
Best of luck in Canada.

Thanks so much, Rijo. I wish you luck in US too!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by francisabuah: 7:49pm On Jul 19, 2014
plz house i am little confused about this,my schools deadline for admission for spring is aug 1 and oct 1 respectively and my gre test date is oct 26.plz house does that mean i cant meet the spring admission,cos i intent applying now and paying my application fee but my gre test is oct 26.plz expalin all dis to me.
thanks and God bless
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by zeezahbee(f): 7:58pm On Jul 19, 2014
bigfrancis21:

The visa interview is an official interview where one's appearance can play part in the visa officer's decision process. It properly follows that as a man with beard, you would want to keep the beard well-shaven or shave it completely. In corporate america(government or white-collar jobs), men are not even permitted to have beard at all. Even when going for job interviews and career fairs, you're required to shave your beard too make the most impression on your prospective employer. Na here em pain me pass. Losing my dear way beard. embarassed

the guy at the enrollment center in my school gat beard and have seen several people with beard in america with beards. america need your brain not your beards. even at the mosque yesteday, saw plenty people with beards and they all gat job. once you can kept it clean and frosh and you know what doing, you will be fine
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by zeezahbee(f): 8:06pm On Jul 19, 2014
Idazbawz: tell dem say your boo na boko-haram, they'll start running ones dey sight you....

i dey wait. i go cook egusi and assorted that day. we go do honeymoon sugar moon
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 8:12pm On Jul 19, 2014
francisabuah: plz house i am little confused about this,my schools deadline for admission for spring is aug 1 and oct 1 respectively and my gre test date is oct 26.plz house does that mean i cant meet the spring admission,cos i intent applying now and paying my application fee but my gre test is oct 26.plz expalin all dis to me.
thanks and God bless

Sorry this is not a question for the house. Direct your inquiry to the admission office of your school. Let them know your GRE date. They are in the best position to advise you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by zeezahbee(f): 8:12pm On Jul 19, 2014
domex007:

Am not bothered about housing, cos I booked for 1room apartment in the school's campus..
If I have to take additional funds for living expenses should in case the school will not provide foods for me, how much will be enough for 1 semester?
Thanks for you input.
that depends on your stomach and your pocket. food is kinda cheap, if you can cook but i doubt since you are gonna stay off campus. if you eat outside, you can spend like $600 in a month.

(1) (2) (3) ... (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) ... (501)

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Travelling To Canada / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.