Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,370 members, 7,900,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 09:00 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (343) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (458812 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jul 22, 2014
RexNdubest: Here goes my transcript. I was for 6:30AM appointment
Me: Good morning sir
VO: Good morning, hw u doing?
Me: I'm fine sir
Vo: ok, a minute pls
Me: ok
VO: U 're RexNdubest
Me: Yes sir
VO: U going to Upenn for ur master's in Elect Engr?
VO: can i see ur admission letter?
Me: ok (passes it)
VO: where did u do ur underG program
Me: Here in Naija, UNN to be precise
VO: ok, can I see ur certificate
Me: sure (passes it)
Vo: so, why Upenn?
Me: (I started by normal Nairaland style, though I wasn't reciting o). I researched extensively about universities that 're good in my field and decided to choose Upenn. Upenn is more research oriented than every other school I got offer(admission) from with cutting edge research facilities. Its 6:1 student -faculty ratio is one of the lowest in US... VO cut's in
VO: which other school did u apply to?
Me: I applied to UC Berkeley, Columbia Univ, Imperial College, Univ of Edinburgh and UNN. My app was rejected by UCB and Columbia univ but I got admitted by other schools
VO: Did u write Gre?
Me: yes ( while I was passing it, he saw my IELTS and requested for it too)
VO: Hw u gonna pay?
Me: I'm on a scholarship from the Federal Govt of Nig
VO: Scholarship from Federal Govt, never heard of that before. Any document for that?
Me: yes (pass my award letter & letter of sponsorship)
VO: Looks at the documents. Ur visa 's been approved, go to DHL V.I on Friday. Circle V.I ( but I chose Isolo). Remember the 30 days rule bla bla bla...
Me: Echoing, yes sir, thank sir, yes sir,... pack my document waka

See the highlighted Slimmy. I am sad about your denial. It hurts me. I had hoped to celebrate your success. Not to worry, you will get it next. I will pray for you tonight. A special prayer from me. cry

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jul 22, 2014
ebdib:

Bleep
You're one person I was really hoping to celebrate.
Don't worry bro.
Try again.
And how did the discussion touch the area of degree certificate. That's very rare.
He asked where and when I finshed uni. I told him and he was like can have a look. We were on it for like 3m. I was just distabilized
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 1:18pm On Jul 22, 2014
Congrats to those approved,
@Slimmy, I am very sorry for your delay,
This is the reason why I kicked against going to the embassy on that 21st because my documents were not complete yet.
However, you know the right thing to do next, do it and go grab your visa..
Goodluck bro and thank you for all your assistance..

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jul 22, 2014
Thank to this thread that made me know every thing from A-Z... I even got to know about the hotel to rent here @famous guest house obalende [/b]where i stayed fot the night..! Am so grateful to all the admin in the thread.. I have following this thread since january and an got my visa at the first entry.. Thank you alll. Thank you NL..

[/quote] [b]Congrats. How much did you pay at Famous Guest a night?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 1:27pm On Jul 22, 2014
Hello friends,
I wrote GCE in sept 2012, while going for my interview soon do I need to go collect the original certificate from waec office and if I need the original, how much do I take with me? I heard that the original result takes 2years before its released..
Can I still take the online print out stappled with the scratch card?
Hope the VO won't frown @ this?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jul 22, 2014
Joenice: You're absolutely right. Sorry about that. I am so sad about your predicament. But not to worry, because a loser today can be a winner tomorrow. Today, you've vindicated me. I advised a friend who wanted to go to the embassy without her certificate not to go. Coincidentally, she studied in the same school with you. You see, getting admission and going for visa interview is totally a different ball game. Some VOs decide to issue based on academy, while others decide on finance, scholarships and so on. Honestly, the VO didn't believe you and to him, it's strange for not having your certificate. White people think differently, and for anyone to get what he or she wants, you have to think the way they do.
I realy do not get the last two paragraphs. Are you saying its the fault of the applicant or the VO, are you saying I should wait for 5years to apply for masters? Are you saying I should go burn down my school cos of a rule that existed before I got into primary school? Or are you saying administrative processing can't be applied? Let's not get ourselves wrong here. Are you saying the VO's judgement is 100%? Sometimes its just mood and stretching the ineptitude of ones university to affect the student or applicant aint fair on their part. I feel such cases can be verified. I still have my nysc cert, transcript etc. You need an open mind to know one with a genuine case. Having the mind that all Nigerians are criminals aint fair.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jul 22, 2014
slimmy05: He asked where and when I finshed uni. I told him and he was like can have a look. We were on it for like 3m. I was just distabilized

No shaking man. Can you get your cert before reapplying?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jul 22, 2014
slimmy05: I realy do not get the last two paragraphs. Are you saying its the fault of the applicant or the VO, are you saying I should wait for 5years to apply for masters? Are you saying I should go burn down my school cos of a rule that existed before I got into primary school? Or are you saying administrative processing can't be applied? Let's not get ourselves wrong here. Are you saying the VO's judgement is 100%? Sometimes its just mood and stretching the ineptitude of ones university to affect the student or applicant aint fair on their part. I feel such cases can be verified. I still have my nysc cert, transcript etc. You need an open mind to know one with a genuine case. Having the mind that all Nigerians are criminals aint fair.
All what I'm saying is that it is the VO's fault, not you. Your application ought to have gone AP, but he has the final say and no appeal.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 1:47pm On Jul 22, 2014
slimmy05: House, I was delayed due to I didnt have my degree cert as its not available. I tire for uniport. Imagine since 2010 degree cert not still available. VO was like for 4years? I told him I even have an attesation from my school. He said anyone can print such even as it has university stamp and seal.

I will reschedule and go back again. It is not still ready as it take 5years for degree cert to be ready.

You know when issues like this arise, it gets you distabilized.

Was just very funny to me. I have been making contacts to get through to my registrar which I finally did and got his personal number. Would try and search for available date.

Will update y'all soon. Still got some busy schedules. kiss See the GA I've been writing my ass out for. GRE twice Ielts ;DThis VO them funny sha. I've paid for visa fee, so I will be on the lookout for available date.

Thanks y'all. Where is graviton and walspring. Stewee, thanks all

Meehhn...So sorry to hear about this.
Will PM you now.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jul 22, 2014
ebdib:

No shaking man. Can you get your cert before reapplying?
I can't as it will only be ready may, 2015. It takes 5years for cert to be ready. None in my set would have cert. I got attestation and also my transcript. The VO should be aware that you can't go for NYSC without graduating.

I was wondering if the cert is printed in heaven or they needed GEJ to sign and stamp them grin

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 2:19pm On Jul 22, 2014
fadex56: Visa denied today!!!!!!!!

ME: gud morning sir
VO: gud morning
VO: u are going to california state university, fresno
ME: yes sir
VO: where is ur SAT cos I can see csu requires dat
ME: gave him d printout.
VO: No, where is the one dat was mailed to u?
ME: I didn't receive any mailed docs from collegeboard.
VO: when did u take the Test?
ME: May 3rd
VO: how come did u now apply to CSu cos dey require for SAT, dat means u took a wrong way in applying
ME: No, (cuts in) he didn't allow me to say anytin.... He was just typing all tru our conversation
VO: I can see dat u came here early dis year with concord uni, Y did you change d skul?
ME: the last time I came for interview, the VO frowned at the skul wen I mentioned it to him.... So, I had to go back home and did a proper research and I discovered dat concord uni as a low rank

Note: the VO didn't agree with all wat I ws saying cos he's after d original SAT score. We almost fight sef cos he was d one dat denied me early dis year and also denied me again today..... I'm just fed up now.... I want the house to advice me on what to do

Wow!
This your interview ended before it even started.
Didn't I see it somewhere in the US website that the same VO is not allowed to interview an applicant twice? ...I remember seeing that somewhere.
Anyways I'm so sorry for your refusal.

You SAT scorecard has to be resolved,mot sure how you're gonna resolve that though but I'm sure others here can help you out.

I can imagine how you feel but trust me...You have to be persistent.

You'll get it eventually... Tell God about it and ask Him to help you resolve it.

Best Wishes!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by PedigreeCity: 2:21pm On Jul 22, 2014
My school is resuming by next month. Pls houz wotz d minimum n maximum days for an urgent appointment.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 2:23pm On Jul 22, 2014
RexNdubest: Here goes my transcript. I was for 6:30AM appointment
Me: Good morning sir
VO: Good morning, hw u doing?
Me: I'm fine sir
Vo: ok, a minute pls
Me: ok
VO: U 're RexNdubest
VO: U going to Upenn for ur master's in Elect Engr?
VO: can i see ur admission letter?
Me: ok (passes it)
VO: where did u do ur underG program
Me: Here in Naija, UNN to be precise
VO: ok, can I see ur certificate
Me: sure (passes it)
Vo: so, why Upenn?
Me: (I started by normal Nairaland style, though I wasn't reciting o). I researched extensively about universities that 're good in my field and decided to choose Upenn. Upenn is more research oriented than every other school I got offer(admission) from with cutting edge research facilities. Its 6:1 student -faculty ratio is one of the lowest in US... VO cut's in
VO: which other school did u apply to?
Me: I applied to UC Berkeley, Columbia Univ, Imperial College, Univ of Edinburgh and UNN. My app was rejected by UCB and Columbia univ but I got admitted by other schools
VO: Did u write Gre?
Me: yes ( while I was passing it, he saw my IELTS and requested for it too)
VO: Hw u gonna pay?
Me: I'm on a scholarship from the Federal Govt of Nig
VO: Scholarship from Federal Govt, never heard of that before. Any document for that?
Me: yes (pass my award letter & letter of sponsorship)
VO: Looks at the documents. Ur visa 's been approved, go to DHL V.I on Friday. Circle V.I ( but I chose Isolo). Remember the 30 days rule bla bla bla...
Me: Echoing, yes sir, thank sir, yes sir,... pack my document waka

Congrats!!!!!!!!
Welcome to the party!!!!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Theflint1(m): 2:25pm On Jul 22, 2014
slimmy05: I can't as it will only be ready may, 2015. It takes 5years for cert to be ready. None in my set would have cert. I got attestation and also my transcript. The VO should be aware that you can't go for NYSC without graduating.

I was wondering if the cert is printed in heaven or they needed GEJ to sign and stamp them grin
slimmy I'm real sorry about ur non approval, d Schooling system over here is just inept, don't u have any of ur school students that have gone thru d process u about going thru that u can ask hw the went past this hurdle, I just believe there is a way to go around this...take it easy bruv, delay ain't denial and remember quitters never win and winners never quit.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 2:29pm On Jul 22, 2014
slimmy05: He asked where and when I finshed uni. I told him and he was like can have a look. We were on it for like 3m. I was just distabilized

Damn!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 2:30pm On Jul 22, 2014
PedigreeCity: My school is resuming by next month. Pls houz wotz d minimum n maximum days for an urgent appointment.

You have to request for emergency first and if they approve, your interview will be in a week
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 2:32pm On Jul 22, 2014
Hello friends,
I wrote GCE in sept 2012, while going for my
interview soon do I need to go collect the
original certificate from waec office and if I
need the original, how much do I take with me?
I heard that the original result takes 2years
before its released..
Can I still take the online print out stappled
with the scratch card?
Hope the VO won't frown @ this?
Pls I need Ans ASAP, interview is close @ hand..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 2:34pm On Jul 22, 2014
slimmy05: I realy do not get the last two paragraphs. Are you saying its the fault of the applicant or the VO, are you saying I should wait for 5years to apply for masters? Are you saying I should go burn down my school cos of a rule that existed before I got into primary school? Or are you saying administrative processing can't be applied? Let's not get ourselves wrong here. Are you saying the VO's judgement is 100%? Sometimes its just mood and stretching the ineptitude of ones university to affect the student or applicant aint fair on their part. I feel such cases can be verified. I still have my nysc cert, transcript etc. You need an open mind to know one with a genuine case. Having the mind that all Nigerians are criminals aint fair.

Be easy Slimmy.
Sometimes we just don't know exactly why applicants are denied.
When you meets those once that deny, you can say the world and they still won't give you. I think that's the case here. Don't beat yourself up bro. You are a champion any day. That day would come when your visa will come through.
#HangInthere
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jul 22, 2014
It seems divine favor is the way. Lol
Which one is denying visa because the student didn't present original college board sat result?

@fadex56

Sorry for the delay
You should have told him they don't mail it to Nigerians, just come up with something that makes it look like the inefficiency of the Nigerian system is at fault.
For example. Post office lost it. You appealed and appealed bla bla bla you had no choice.
Is there a way to get college board to mail it to someone in the US and then the person sends via courier to you?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jul 22, 2014
Fadex,am already sweating in a cold room when i read your interview transcripts..

Make these visa officers take time ooohh!t
Which one is SAT original again?I did not request for the original result from collegeboard,moreover it takes about three months if am right to recieve the original scorecard..Why can't they check the score on collegeboard.org to see the scores themselves?

One more thing that infuriated the visa officer about your case was you change schools and he was the same dude that interviewed you..

My school does not require SAT,that they know already,they waive it for international students..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by chimdilawson: 2:48pm On Jul 22, 2014
plz house I really do need ur advice and suggestions on this. I already scheduled an interview for September 15th, but I'm yet to submit my DS-160 form. and the reasons are as follows;
I dont know if I should fill that I am employed or not, the decision will be reached subject to your opinions. I am still on NYSC, I am actually not employed yet, so I dont know if my unemployment state will raise a red flag as I am considering filling that I am unemployed. on a second thought I was considering using NYSC as what I am doing currently, but the NYSC will terminate by October 16, my classes its supposed to start by October 13th, and I am making travel plan in respect to October 5th so as to meet up with the class on Oct. 13th. Now if I am to use NYSC, would it not raise a red flag considering the fact that I dont have a discharge letter yet to show for that and the date of the start of my classes happens to be before passing out of NYSC. The possible way to explain that to the VO would be if I have an approved letter from DG of NYSC stating that I am permitted to go, and the possibility of getting such approval letter is tiny considering the fact that it's not on health ground, besides I dont think there's enough time to wait for such approval letter if I should apply, so I was thinking of taking the NYSC thing out of the scene, and if I should take it out it means I am unemployed and doing nothing currently. So guys I really do need your advice and opinions on what to do about that. Which do u suggest I go with? unemployed or currently on NYSC? and plz do give me suggestions on how to maneuver either options. any advice and opinions are welcomed.
Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by donpapachi(m): 2:52pm On Jul 22, 2014
slimmy05: House, I was delayed due to I didnt have my degree cert as its not available. I tire for uniport. Imagine since 2010 degree cert not still available. VO was like for 4years? I told him I even have an attesation from my school. He said anyone can print such even as it has university stamp and seal.

I will reschedule and go back again. It is not still ready as it take 5years for degree cert to be ready.

You know when issues like this arise, it gets you distabilized.

Was just very funny to me. I have been making contacts to get through to my registrar which I finally did and got his personal number. Would try and search for available date.

Will update y'all soon. Still got some busy schedules. kiss See the GA I've been writing my ass out for. GRE twice Ielts ;DThis VO them funny sha. I've paid for visa fee, so I will be on the lookout for available date.

Thanks y'all. Where is graviton and walspring. Stewee, thanks all
bro sorry abt that.na wa 4 uniPort
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by ceemac: 2:55pm On Jul 22, 2014
thanks Stevecrun, Juntod and decreamaster for your comments.... also appreciate you Juntod for your good rethink and for the first suggestion rendered. congratulations to RexNdubest for your visa grant. that same field is what am eyeing for Masters after my service year, can we get to chat via PM @RexNdubest as I will need your support and guidance... its easier to learn from who is coming from the path you just wanna thread.
Best Regards.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by goldenchic(f): 2:55pm On Jul 22, 2014
Mjseun:

I can't figure that out but I could still remember the Indian guy.... Anyway just wanted to know if you are the lady I described. but fine Slimmy told me goldenchic fine oo make I look her. You already push the exit door.... All the best.

And enjoy America, please let me know when you receive any email as regards the collection.
Ok I will
Cheers
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jul 22, 2014
@chimdilawson,your case is complicated..
Someone ,was denied here two days ago cos they were unemployed after nysc..

These guys want to see you into something..at least working or attachef somewhere,these applies to people mostly heading for msc.

You can read the interview transcript of goldenchic and see what am talking about..

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by goldenchic(f): 2:58pm On Jul 22, 2014
Rijo02:

Whats dat?
olodo it means thanks my uncle
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jul 22, 2014
Slimmy, please write to the lady on non-immigration and explain your predicament. Your case file might be reopened and you may be recalled.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by streetMic(m): 3:04pm On Jul 22, 2014
if u are sure of ur trip bera go n book ur flyt..d way Nigerians ar boarding plane is scary.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bloodykiller: 3:09pm On Jul 22, 2014
Theflint1: slimmy I'm real sorry about ur non approval, d Schooling system over here is just inept, don't u have any of ur school students that have gone thru d process u about going thru that u can ask hw the went past this hurdle, I just believe there is a way to go around this...take it easy bruv, delay ain't denial and remember quitters never win and winners never quit.

watsup my guy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by RexNdubest(m): 3:15pm On Jul 22, 2014
Stewee:

Congrats!!!!!!!!
Welcome to the party!!!!

Thanks bro!!!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by goldenchic(f): 3:28pm On Jul 22, 2014
stevecrun: you go get am.. We all remaining go get am.
Ase n Tedumare!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 3:31pm On Jul 22, 2014
streetMic: if u are sure of ur trip bera go n book ur flyt..d way Nigerians ar boarding plane is scary.

LMAO!!!
Don't let it scare you... Join the party!!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) ... (501)

Travelling To Canada / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.