Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,544 members, 7,941,082 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 04:52 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (41) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (460560 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by lisadem: 8:16pm On Nov 03, 2013
idalex:

thanx for ur post, u made mention 3 available centres for writing the paper-based GRE which are Aba, Edo, & Lagos. But towards d end of d 2nd paragraph u were talking abt Abuja, pls can u explain further.

Guess He meant those are the places (Lagos & Abuja) he could write the internet-based GRE. so as OMO IGBO grin He considered proximity and the "extra money" involved... cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by kunlebal(m): 8:47pm On Nov 03, 2013
I just dey observe wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 9:21pm On Nov 03, 2013
@Nas, you are bad...very bad Nas LOL! Yeah my babygirl is a Chinese. She's tall and so pretty and her English is fine. Am so proud of her:-) Do u really wanna know why most Chinese do well at standardized tests even those who cannot speak English fluently?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by idalex: 9:40pm On Nov 03, 2013
lisadem:

Guess He meant those are the places (Lagos & Abuja) he could write the internet-based GRE. so as OMO IGBO grin He considered proximity and the "extra money" involved... cheesy

thanx for d clarification.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by idalex: 9:43pm On Nov 03, 2013
De Tus: @Nas, you are bad...very bad Nas LOL! Yeah my babygirl is a Chinese. She's tall and so pretty and her English is fine. Am so proud of her:-) Do u really wanna know why most Chinese do well at standardized tests even those who cannot speak English fluently?

pls, tell us why if u don't mind.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by xandy84: 10:07pm On Nov 03, 2013
Thanks for the info man, You are the boss and i pray to be like you man.. Come feb, am in for paper base GRE.. Bros one more question. I applied To Lamar university and Northeastern university.. Hope both schools are good choice in VO face make money no go enter water oo.. please advice.. thanks

bigfrancis21:

Yes. You can write the paper-based GRE test in Nigeria. There are 3 centers in Nigeria - Aba, Edo(Debyl house) and Lagos. However, it is written only 3 times a year - october, november and february. That of this year has passed. The next paper based GRE exam is in february next year.

I, personally, took the paper GRE test at Aba on Oct 20 last year. My reasons were: my familiarity with paper exams, my long-time adaptation to maneuvering my way through paper exams(you get to make drawings, comments, and solve on the paper etc than on computer tests) and proximity of the center to me(I was at Nsukka then). I didn't want to travel all the long distance to Lagos or Abuja to write the exam when I could comfortably write it close by.

The result doesn't come out immediately. It takes 3 weeks to come out. Despite being a paper based test, I scored way above 300, for those scared of nailing the test. wink

The center at Aba is Dority International Secondary School, 19/21 Umuodu Aba. It is run by Mrs Florence Onuma, an African American woman, married to an Igbo man. The woman is one tough disciplinarian I tell you. No cheating, no expo, no extra time. grin

To register, simply call ETS as usual or if you have a relative abroad, download and fill the registration form online, email it to him to print and have your relative mail it to ETS together with a money order of $185(this is how I registered). Or if you're close to or in Aba you can visit the school and ask of Uncle Lewis(08180461731). He's a teacher in the school.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 10:19pm On Nov 03, 2013
De Tus: @Nas, you are bad...very bad Nas LOL! Yeah my babygirl is a Chinese. She's tall and so pretty and her English is fine. Am so proud of her:-) Do u really wanna know why most Chinese do well at standardized tests even those who cannot speak English fluently?

Can you pls say it so that people like me will have knowledge about it...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by WHIZBRO(m): 11:16pm On Nov 03, 2013
@Xandy 84

Did I say anything different? I did not even include numbers, just told you Aba. The next date is 24th Feb BTW. Register @ least 10 weeks before the date. The deadline is always 8wks before the exams for PBT but that is if seats are available.

*waiting for the 'Little Emperor' to hide Bigfrancis21 post and mine to boot
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 11:59pm On Nov 03, 2013
@Walspring and Idalex, some powerful Chinese together with training centers connive with those who work with the Examination Council to bring out those questions. They call it 'jiaocai' meaning teaching material. And you're asked to pay certain amount of money, between 2,000-3,000 USD if you truely want to pass this exam. They usually prepare students 3 months in advance and their teachers are all native speakers and expertise in GRE. They're mostly from the US. Chinese parents can spend their last card so as to enable their kids pass standardized tests. Hey, i don't wanna say more for now for SAT, IELTS, TOEFL, etc. LOL!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 3:32am On Nov 04, 2013
De Tus: @Walspring and Idalex, some powerful Chinese together with training centers connive with those who work with the Examination Council to bring out those questions. They call it 'jiaocai' meaning teaching material. And you're asked to pay certain amount of money, between 2,000-3,000 USD if you truely want to pass this exam. They usually prepare students 3 months in advance and their teachers are all native speakers and expertise in GRE. They're mostly from the US. Chinese parents can spend their last card so as to enable their kids pass standardized tests. Hey, i don't wanna say more for now for SAT, IELTS, TOEFL, etc. LOL!

General entrance examinations like UTME in Chinese are done after a full body search, both male and female kiss kiss or on open field at each center.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 5:46am On Nov 04, 2013
@impe, my oga. No no no. They don't play with their local exams. They only play smart on international exams coz they always like to present the best when competing with other nationals, that's why the Chinese asked for ur SOP. Believe me they're smart. You may make friends with them coz some of them are money venture:-) You hardly can get broke right there in the US if you have C-connection:-)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 6:14am On Nov 04, 2013
De Tus: @impe, my oga. No no no. They don't play with their local exams. They only play smart on international exams coz they always like to present the best when competing with other nationals, that's why the Chinese asked for ur SOP. Believe me they're smart. You may make friends with them coz some of them are money venture:-) You hardly can get broke right there in the US if you have C-connection:-)
True about the money venture thingy. Chinkos and Saudis get money die! shocked
i met one Saudi at the counter one day and he told the lady to keep his change! Me wey my change be 19cents sef no fit leave am. I collect am well well grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bigfrancis21: 7:59am On Nov 04, 2013
idalex:

thanx for ur post, u made mention 3 available centres for writing the paper-based GRE which are Aba, Edo, & Lagos. But towards d end of d 2nd paragraph u were talking abt Abuja, pls can u explain further.

I guess the bawse, Lisadem, has already clarified that. wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bigfrancis21: 8:03am On Nov 04, 2013
xandy84: Thanks for the info man, You are the boss and i pray to be like you man.. Come feb, am in for paper base GRE.. Bros one more question. I applied To Lamar university and Northeastern university.. Hope both schools are good choice in VO face make money no go enter water oo.. please advice.. thanks

Lamar university and Northeastern University Boston are good schools. Cheers.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bigfrancis21: 8:06am On Nov 04, 2013
WHIZBRO: @Xandy 84

Did I say anything different? I did not even include numbers, just told you Aba. The next date is 24th Feb BTW. Register @ least 10 weeks before the date. The deadline is always 8wks before the exams for PBT but that is if seats are available.

Hello Whiz,

Your posts were hidden because you were parading yourself like an agent and abetting of agents aren't allowed here. I understand well that you were only trying to help. To allow your subsequent posts to stand, avoid mentioning agents or anything that sound like it, ok?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by xandy84: 8:08am On Nov 04, 2013
You never said anything different man, your info on GRE update is highly appreciated. Our Oga @ d top was just not comfortable with the term "AGENT" but that to me does not mean anything since you follow the rules to the later. Thanks man.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bigfrancis21: 8:08am On Nov 04, 2013
Ms Nas:
Before nko? cheesy Wetin you still dey find for Naija sef? Dem never chase you comot? angry

grin. I wan enjoy the last harmattan small before I bochaa... cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by idalex: 8:23am On Nov 04, 2013

thanx very much for ur post.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 10:01am On Nov 04, 2013
Yep. U r so funny Nas:-) R u on facebook? U can add me up. Just sent u pm...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton(m): 10:14am On Nov 04, 2013
bigfrancis21:

The zip code for Abuja is 900001 and not 23409 and that of Garki specifically is 970001. 23409 is the international dialling code for Abuja. That is, the code someone calling a landline in Abuja from beyond Nigeria will add to the landline number for proper routing.

Dialling code and zip code aren't the same thing. Nigerians tend to confuse this a lot. While dialling codes are used in telecommunication network systems, zip codes, on the other hand, are used by the Postal Service Agency(NIPOST) to identify mail destinations. Zip codes are also called postal codes.

To get the postal or zip code of any state in Nigeria, visit here:
http://www.nigeriapostcodes.com/views/
thanks, I think I'll go with 900001
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by baggylips(m): 10:18am On Nov 04, 2013
please my ogas @ d top in the house,i am applying for Msc in biotechnology at the following schools,
university of Houston,california state university fresno and west virginia state university.please anybody with useful info about these schools should share with me especially whether i will find it difficult getting a visa with these schools.thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bigfrancis21: 2:01pm On Nov 04, 2013
baggylips: please my ogas @ d top in the house,i am applying for Msc in biotechnology at the following schools,
university of Houston,california state university fresno and west virginia state university.please anybody with useful info about these schools should share with me especially whether i will find it difficult getting a visa with these schools.thanks

The schools are all ok. Go ahead.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 2:12pm On Nov 04, 2013
De Tus: @impe, my oga. No no no. They don't play with their local exams. They only play smart on international exams coz they always like to present the best when competing with other nationals, that's why the Chinese asked for ur SOP. Believe me they're smart. You may make friends with them coz some of them are money venture:-) You hardly can get broke right there in the US if you have C-connection:-)

I know almost all of the Chinese students are from rich homes. They get to US, pay their school fees without GA and buy cars. The Saudis are the richest.... they won't leave their country to school elsewhere if that they are not rich and once the studies is done, they go back to home (Saudis).
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Ashigolo(m): 2:14pm On Nov 04, 2013
Hello guys,
please I need your help concerning rescheduling of my gre exam. my exam has been scheduled for 7th Nov but am looking at rescheduling to ghana because of the deadlines I have to meet coz some of my application materials have already been sent. I tried doing that but I was told the appointment is past the cutoff date for modification. Please what can i do about this or is it still possible for me to re-register if that is the only way out. Please I need your contribution.
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 2:40pm On Nov 04, 2013
Ashigolo: Hello guys,
please I need your help concerning rescheduling of my gre exam. my exam has been scheduled for 7th Nov but am looking at rescheduling to ghana because of the deadlines I have to meet coz some of my application materials have already been sent. I tried doing that but I was told the appointment is past the cutoff date for modification. Please what can i do about this or is it still possible for me to re-register if that is the only way out. Please I need your contribution.
Thanks

You can only reschedule before 4 days to writing the test. It's 3 days now, so you've to go with the 7th.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Ashigolo(m): 5:19pm On Nov 04, 2013
thanks imperiouxx, but nw that the centres in nigeria have been closed, pls hw do i go about it even if it means writing the exam in ghana before mid november coz i have a serious deadline of dec 15th to meet up with. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Dot1(m): 6:21pm On Nov 04, 2013
Ashigolo: Hello guys,
Thanks
Mine was scheduled for same day, but wen i checkd my schedule on prometric website, dey've already rescheduled me for Feb 20, 2014 in india. Datz ludicruous. I calld ets, but was told dat dey can't reschedule my appointment, and suggested i apply afresh to ghana and apply for refund later on d old schedule (tho am sceptical if it'll work). Next stop nw is ghana.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Dot1(m): 6:44pm On Nov 04, 2013
Ashigolo: thanks imperiouxx, but nw that the centres in nigeria have been closed, pls hw do i go about it even if it means writing the exam in ghana before mid november coz i have a serious deadline of dec 15th to meet up with. Thanks
I jst rescheduled to ghana with $50 wit my gtb master card. Check wit ur confirmation number to see if dey've rescheduled u to india jst lyk me. Afta dat, u can reschedule to ghana. Itz jst $50
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by seeker88(m): 6:47pm On Nov 04, 2013
Dot1:
Mine was scheduled for same day, but wen i checkd my schedule on prometric website, dey've already rescheduled me for Feb 20, 2014 in india. Datz ludicruous. I calld ets, but was told dat dey can't reschedule my appointment, and suggested i apply afresh to ghana and apply for refund later on d old schedule (tho am sceptical if it'll work). Next stop nw is ghana.
Kai!....na wa Oºº°˚˚˚°º☺. This is serious!!!
So both centres in Lagos are closed down now, including d centre in Abj?
Travelling to Ghana just to write GRE?.....what's happening to naija naw!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by iamchux: 6:51pm On Nov 04, 2013
Dot1:

This is really weird, do they expect you to travel to india?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 6:59pm On Nov 04, 2013
seeker88:
Kai!....na wa Oºº°˚˚˚°º☺. This is serious!!!
So both centres in Lagos are closed down now, including d centre in Abj?
Travelling to Ghana just to write GRE?.....what's happening to naija naw!

That was the saddest news I heard on Saturday. I've a family friend who was thinking of taking this test soon, now he has to take a trip to space to take just a test.

GRE fee + fare to ghana + hotel bill = ?? somebody should help me with the calculation! angry angry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 7:03pm On Nov 04, 2013
Dot1:

You see now. Innocent people suffering because of someone else's sin. This is sad! cry And now, we'll know what we've lost.

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (501)

Travelling To Canada / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.