Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,133 members, 7,880,560 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 09:01 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (475) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (457592 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) (477) (478) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Mickyboiz: 4:16pm On Aug 16, 2014
zeezahbee: This crack me up grin, there's God oo, well all I will say is some people perish because of lack of proper planning. I will keep saying it if you don't have cash that can sustain you, tyr get GA, scholarship or some sort of funding from the school. If not you are realy sleeping on okada
bro wats d meaning of GA , am newbie here
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by honeyad(m): 4:23pm On Aug 16, 2014
Msnas I sent a pm... Pls reply
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by decreamaster(m): 5:00pm On Aug 16, 2014
VIsa Approved this morning
I20 nOt returned HoPe NO. P

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by decreamaster(m): 5:12pm On Aug 16, 2014
thighwoh: I was granted my visa today.. So happy. Transcript coming soon...
me too oooooo grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by decreamaster(m): 5:13pm On Aug 16, 2014
Mckenziii: Not dat july I was tlking about was last year 2013.so I went to d cue d line was fast approaching n it got to my turn d white woman dat directed me to window 1 innitially was d one dat interviewed mi.
Me-am back ma
Vo-u welcome how r u
Me-fine
Vo-ur document pls
Me-passed it
Vo-chking my passport again 4 like 3mins,just looking @er
Vo-what course
Me-international economics
Vo-wot skl
Me-valparaiso uni
Vo-why valpo
Mevalpo has a detailed study plan they offer xcellent research opportunities,an outstanding faculty N according to usnews valpo r recognised as one of d best regional uni in d midwest since 1990
Vo-ok good
Vo-who is ur sonsor
Me-my dad
Vo-wot does he do
Me-he is a rtd major in d NA and now d ceo of bla bla comp an oil servicing firm
Vo-can I see ur statement
Me-sure I passed it
Vo-checked n said I shld hold on,she went inside n verify
Me den I was d only one inside d embassy I was pleading d blood of jesus propheseing
Vo-came out n sat down looking @ d screen now asked mi wots ur discipline@ ur first degree
Me-bus admin
Vo-u work
Me-i said I work as a financial officer @ bleep
Vo-just smiled dat I will hv to approve ur visa now.she gave mi d pickup leta
Me-immediately I pick race
Vo-cald mi back dat I forgot my i20
Me-i said oh sorri,she gave mi n I thanked er.God is wonderful.
mine was not returned o,what do i do?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by streetMic(m): 5:18pm On Aug 16, 2014
decreamaster: VIsa Approved this morning

he probably forgot. go back asap n ask 4 it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 5:21pm On Aug 16, 2014
streetMic:

he probably forgot. go back asap n ask 4 it
He didn't forget. VO held on to mine too. It will be returned along with his passport.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by decreamaster(m): 5:25pm On Aug 16, 2014
MsNas:
He didn't forget. VO held on to mine too. It will be returned along with his passport.
thanks to GOD oooooo grin
i wan faint sha
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by streetMic(m): 5:33pm On Aug 16, 2014
Ok Cool. Jux heard dat 4 d 1st tym. Hows d summer Ma
MsNas:

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by launrey(m): 5:33pm On Aug 16, 2014
DanjaNinja:

For Nova, Mahanttan and Grubber 2015 edition, Send a blank mail to selfstudy.version2@gmail.com. You can get the remainder by sending a blank mail to selfstudy360@gmail.com
Done that!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bigfrancis21: 5:33pm On Aug 16, 2014
olusola009: Hi guru ( BigFrancis, imperioux n co)

Abeg I nid statement of purpose for Chemistry graduate program , tho hv built mine I just nid more points n someone to prove read for me ooo.
BigFrancis its time ur support, if I nid to send ur a PM kindly let me know.

Regards.

Draft your letter of purpose and send for review. We'll help you review it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bigfrancis21: 5:38pm On Aug 16, 2014
launrey: Hello house. Please I have a GP of 3.04/5.0 (I think that's a 2.4/4.0 on the American scale). I know that this is quite low. But I hear it's not impossible to get a graduate school in the US. My lecturers have promised to help write good recommendations, and I will be taking the GRE soon hoping to get good scores and the IELTS too. Please I have looked into the admission requirements of most grad schools in different states at the US and generally a 3.0/4.0 is advisable. I need nairalanders to help me identify schools that it's probable to get admitted. A MSC degree in Chemical Engineering or Petroleum Engineering are my interests.(i had my undergraduate in Chemical Engineering)
Thanks.

@bold...no. That's wrong. I converted 2 friends' transcripts to the american scale using WES conversion method. The first one had 3.09/5.0 and after conversion he had 3.11/4.0 and the other person had 2.99/5.0 and after conversion had 3.01/4.0.

With 3.04/5.0, you're likely to have 3.05 - 3.09 on the 4-point american scale.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by decreamaster(m): 5:44pm On Aug 16, 2014
and here comes my sweet transcript
i call this MERCY
i never believed it has happened o
after all the biometrics,my num was shown on window 1 and i stood up gently and walked down there.
the following conversation ensued
me;good morning ma(she was busy typing and didnt answer)
vo;what makes u choose berkeley college
me;after my research using the internet,i found out that BC has exceptional profesionals who are vvvvv.....she cuts in because i was vibrating..lool
vo;is this the only sch u applied to?
me;no
vo;what other sch
me;east teeeeeeeeeeeeennn;she cuts in coz i was vibrating again
vo;did u took any standardized test?
me;they exempted it and i have a letter for that,should i bring it?
vo;no,who is sponsoring you?
me;my dad
vo;what does he do?
me;he is into agriculture and oil and gas
vo;has he travelled before?
me;no
vo;do u have any body in the usa?
me;no
vo;what about any relatives or friends?
me; no
vo;when did u graduated?
me;2008
vo;what ave u been doing?
me;i took my olevel exams 2009 and went on a networking training..she cuts in
vo;networking,asin?
me;telecomms
she den ased me to thumb print my fingers and she was about giving me the blue paper when her finger started shaking and was looking into my eyes,she den gave me a white paper saying go collect ur visa at VI in ..................my leg no dey floor again o.i dont piss for body.
me;thanks.
i dashed out like a frekazoid and was like screaming.
it wasnt me,it was God!
pray for mercy all those that r yet to go for their interview
NOTE:i havent paid my sevis fee
can i still pay it?

11 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by temi4fash(m): 6:11pm On Aug 16, 2014
Pls wats is sevi fee all about
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 6:22pm On Aug 16, 2014
decreamaster: and here comes my sweet transcript
i call this MERCY
after all the biometrics,my num was shown on window 1 and i stood up gently and walked down there.
me;after my research using the internet,i found out that BC has exceptional profesionals who are vvvvv.....she cuts in because i was vibrating..lool
me;no
vo;what other sch
me;my dad
vo;what does he do?
me;no
me;no
me; no
vo;when did u graduated?
me;2008
vo;networking,asin?
me;telecomms
she den ased me to thumb print my fingers and she was about giving me the blue paper when her finger started shaking and was looking into my eyes,she den gave me a white paper saying go collect ur visa at VI in ..................my leg no dey floor again o.i dont piss for body.
me;thanks.
it wasnt me,it was God!
can i still pay it?
Good and congrats. Her hand became hot when she wanted to deny you? God's really wonderful. Praise the Lord!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by decreamaster(m): 6:22pm On Aug 16, 2014
temi4fash: Pls wats is sevi fee all about
sevis fee is a fee u must pay as a student.its 200 dollars
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by decreamaster(m): 6:23pm On Aug 16, 2014
halleluyah
Joenice: Good and congrats. Her hand became hot when she wanted to deny you? God's really wonderful. Praise the Lord!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by decreamaster(m): 6:25pm On Aug 16, 2014
NOTE; am that same guy that said i was duped of my sevis fee and i am no longer intersted in the sch any more because people adviced me to change it to a good uni because they thought the college was a cc.see me o grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by decreamaster(m): 6:48pm On Aug 16, 2014
please gurus,the collection paper is just a letter with no number.so how will they recognise me for my passport?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by godG: 6:54pm On Aug 16, 2014
Graviton2: godG,

There is an urgent email requesting your assistance, Sir.
cheesy

Sir, could u please send it again? Searched all my box folders and couldn't find it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 6:59pm On Aug 16, 2014
decreamaster: please gurus,the collection paper is just a letter with no number.so how will they recognise me for my passport?
Just go with the letter and your passport biometric page photocopy. It's been success through out. Even my little boy passed his WAEC. Getting B2 in English and other subjects C. I'm probably a good tutor :-)

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by launrey(m): 7:16pm On Aug 16, 2014
bigfrancis21:

@bold...no. That's wrong. I converted 2 friends' transcripts to the american scale using WES conversion method. The first one had 3.09/5.0 and after conversion he had 3.11/4.0 and the other person had 2.99/5.0 and after conversion had 3.01/4.0.

With 3.04/5.0, you're likely to have 3.05 - 3.09 on the 4-point american scale.
Thanks BigFrancis.
Question is how do I convert mine to the WES scale. Don't mind if u can guide me through that. I used the iGPA module on WES.org and it couldn't get it to send the equivalent 4.0 GP into my email. Typing those things into the rectangles was quite tedious. So I didn't bother trying again. Are you indirectly saying I shouldn't lose sleep over the GP thing as it isn't bad as I thought provided you ace the GRE, have good recommendations and a strong letter of intent (SOP).
Please o am a JJC onto American systems of education. Tutor me biko.
Cheers
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by decreamaster(m): 7:28pm On Aug 16, 2014
any one with info about cheap flight to jfk? wink
any NL member in new york?i need where to stay first o grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by GIANTSTRIDE(m): 7:40pm On Aug 16, 2014
Have never commented on dis travel site but hv benefited a lot from peoples's experiences and suggestion.Deem it expedient to post mine as he could help someone out there....Mine was simply the wonder of God @work.Left 4 Lagos from Abuja on Friday morning..As a lagosian I arrived @ about 6pm headed straight 2d house and was grilled by warmth reception of my wonderful siblings..Headed to d embassy 4my interview schedule for 8;30..Did check in with number 45; observed all the do's and biometrics and was called in window 7..Wiped my face with my spiritual mantle(apron).The following conversation ensued. VO; Good morning 2U. Me; Morning. VO: Can I have your first four right fingers to validate the biometrics; Me; Confidently had dat done. VO; How did you come about this university in the US. ME; I consciously carried out a school search on braintrack.com on the best of US universities which eventually saw me applying to this school of repute with a well structured curriculum that suits my research prowess. VO; What procedure did you follow to gain admission for your MSC. Me; Had successfuly apply on line;paid the required fee, had my 3 recommendation letter sent, Toefl scores; and my transcript evaluated by WES the total which ws put @ 3.5 on the scale of 4..Upon the reciept of these required documents the Assistant director of International programs said base on the documents submitted I appear to be a good candidate for Msc in this field; I have a copy of her submission tru email to validate my claim and a copy of the WES report as proof. VO; Who is sponsoring you; Me; My dad and wat does he do; blabla. VO; Where do you work and explain your job role as per; Me; blablabal. VO;conngratulation sir Iam giving you ur I;20 that will be required @d point of entry; Pick up ur visa on the circled address. Ultimately I ascribe all praise to the God of Bishop Oyedepo and Bishop Abioye under whose shephard I have been taking my spiritual meal of exceeding grace...Sequel to now I was denied in 2012 and chose to try now by the prompting of the Holy spirit..The school is billed to resume on Monday and I had no extention letter from the school but God in his power got my back covered as she didn't see such gray areas..LESSON; never fail to try after failing in any adventure;d visscitude of life not withstanding... I fasted,prayed and engaged in evangelism as occasioned by our church drive for multiplication..And the God of sudden visitation remember my service and pay me..Heartily wish ALL of u success as you push hard to change your fortune curve 4 good..God and self confidence is key...Shallom

8 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by castrotroy80: 8:21pm On Aug 16, 2014
decreamaster: and here comes my sweet transcript
i call this MERCY
me;no
vo;what other sch
me;my dad
vo;what does he do?
me;no
me;no
me; no
vo;when did u graduated?
me;2008
vo;networking,asin?
me;telecomms
me;thanks.
it wasnt me,it was God!
can i still pay it?

This is an uncommon favour where the impossible become possible
Congrats my brother and welcome to the league

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by ultrazone(m): 8:37pm On Aug 16, 2014
GIANTSTRIDE: Ultimately I ascribe all praise to the God of Bishop Oyedepo and Bishop Abioye under whose shephard I have been taking my spiritual meal of exceeding grace
Strange Works!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 8:43pm On Aug 16, 2014
Congrats brother but please get a letter of extension from your school with regard to your arrival date to avoid trouble at POE. The penalty of such problem is deportation @Giant
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by CodeineJunkiee(m): 8:47pm On Aug 16, 2014
Stewee:

IFOD seems to be a good school. I know 3 people who went there for dispatch courses. But i'm of the opinion that they ain't so good in Pilot training.

IFOD offers courses mainly on dispatch operations. It's easy to deduce that from the meaning of their acronym (Institute of flight operations and dispatch) , you can't enroll for a pilot training there.

You can Google them up for more concise info
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by kentochi(m): 8:49pm On Aug 16, 2014
men congrate
i pm you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 9:18pm On Aug 16, 2014
CodeineJunkiee:

IFOD offers courses mainly on dispatch operations. It's easy to deduce that from the meaning of their acronym (Institute of flight operations and dispatch) , you can't enroll for a pilot training there.

You can Google them up for more concise info
I know the school. They have affiliated schools that offers Pilot training. Ofcourse you won't see that on their website.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 9:20pm On Aug 16, 2014

Congratulations!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 9:22pm On Aug 16, 2014

You prolly pick it up as well at DHL when you go get your Passport & visa.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) (477) (478) ... (501)

Travelling To Canada / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.