Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,222 members, 7,923,141 topics. Date: Friday, 16 August 2024 at 07:15 PM

Fire Guts Onitsha Market, Traders Attempt Suicide - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Fire Guts Onitsha Market, Traders Attempt Suicide (25860 Views)

Fire Guts 50 Shops In Ladipo Auto Spare Parts Market / Fire Guts Abuja Farmers Market (Photos) / Fire Guts Port-harcourt Major Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fire Guts Onitsha Market, Traders Attempt Suicide by emmabest2000(m): 3:45pm On Oct 19, 2013
lygn19: Every disappointment is a blessing.
Seconded
Re: Fire Guts Onitsha Market, Traders Attempt Suicide by redsun(m): 3:57pm On Oct 19, 2013
With porous fire safety and prevention procedures in nigeria, it is truly a miracle that fire dont kill people in hundreds on daily basis in nigeria.

Safety is not by god's grace,ot is man's stringent efforts that keeps him relatively safe.
Re: Fire Guts Onitsha Market, Traders Attempt Suicide by akpananiefiok(m): 4:03pm On Oct 19, 2013
http://HiredPay.com/?id=anifik a
friend just introduced me to this site
on how to make $10 every 30s.it real
just click on the link to see how it
work.it a quick way of making
money.don't miss dis chance!!!!!
Re: Fire Guts Onitsha Market, Traders Attempt Suicide by whitecat007: 4:08pm On Oct 19, 2013
It may even be an inside job. Someone may stand to gain in all of these by using it to hold politicians hostage for the upcoming election or someone is looking for big payday from an insurance company. Either way meal ;factory is here grin
Re: Fire Guts Onitsha Market, Traders Attempt Suicide by Policewoman(f): 4:11pm On Oct 19, 2013
geeez: Eyaa sorry o

But if this happened in Lagos, you bet this thread would have grown twice as long on insults and accusations of arson by Fashola on businesses controlled by the owners of Lagos
IDIOT, DON'T TRIBALISE THE THREAD ALREADY. HABA!

2 Likes

Re: Fire Guts Onitsha Market, Traders Attempt Suicide by Nobody: 4:30pm On Oct 19, 2013
Fooool
U got 2 likes from 2 idi ots like u. Clap for urself undecided

Segeggs: so japan of africa can burn!

Very soon the victims will start running to lagos.

1 Like

Re: Fire Guts Onitsha Market, Traders Attempt Suicide by Nobody: 4:33pm On Oct 19, 2013
Having fun when pple are in pains abi?
Dan iska angry
whitecat007: It may even be an inside job. Someone may stand to gain in all of these by using it to hold politicians hostage for the upcoming election or someone is looking for big payday from an insurance company. Either way meal ;factory is here grin

1 Like

Re: Fire Guts Onitsha Market, Traders Attempt Suicide by Nobody: 4:50pm On Oct 19, 2013
Na wa o! What's ur own with stella oduah,is she owing you or u think most of those pple know her or even have anything to do with air transportation.

Ffk's agent,we know u,come out of ur pretence and say what's eating you up about the Igbos.
Silly bigot
Ozu nkita di ka gi angry

Italiano1:

I was just about to post the same figures for the bright spark.

I am not been tribalistic on this thread, if I was I will make it very very clear- I dont mess about.

The fact is that most of those men are just like the average Nigerian, struggling to make ends meet. Will Stella Oduah contribute a penny to them from her pocket, yet she is Jesus on earth to a lot of them

3 Likes

Re: Fire Guts Onitsha Market, Traders Attempt Suicide by Policewoman(f): 4:56pm On Oct 19, 2013
peppy luv: Na wa o! What's ur own with stella oduah,is she owing you or u think most of those pple know her or even have anything to do with air transportation.

Ffk's agent,we know u,come out of ur pretence and say what's eating you up about the Igbos.
Silly bigot
Ozu nkita di ka gi angry

The dude wu ozu nwuru anwu grin

1 Like

Re: Fire Guts Onitsha Market, Traders Attempt Suicide by veltany: 5:00pm On Oct 19, 2013
/
Re: Fire Guts Onitsha Market, Traders Attempt Suicide by Rejoice5000(f): 5:00pm On Oct 19, 2013
Electric pole my foot, why this Ember month something is fishing some blind people there will be lamenting while some money rituals that knows what they did will be smileing to the bank. this onitsha traders i don't trust them.
Re: Fire Guts Onitsha Market, Traders Attempt Suicide by Ferdinandu(m): 5:21pm On Oct 19, 2013
At the end of it all people will still keep their jobs in the fire service,no question asked,meanwhile huge amount is been allocated to this agency every year for the purpose of this kind of emergency.Nigeria a helpless country with helpless citizens.

1 Like

Re: Fire Guts Onitsha Market, Traders Attempt Suicide by Italiano1: 5:22pm On Oct 19, 2013
Policewoman: The dude wu ozu nwuru anwu grin

Back to sender- Your insults should be directed at your pathetic self. I guess you are blind that I was responding to what another poster said.

A policewoman who has no problem with gross misappropriation of funds and you have the nerve to point the finger.

peppy luv: Na wa o! What's ur own with stella oduah,is she owing you or u think most of those pple know her or even have anything to do with air transportation.

Silly bigot
Ozu nkita di ka gi angry

Like I said to Policewoman who sees no problem with blatant corruption, I was replying to another poster and YES there is nothing wrong admonishing people who have a pathetic herd mentality at the detriment of their own development. 255 million naira if channeled correctly could have provided better facilities in that market that could have avoided the catastrophic incidence that occurred.

7 Likes

Re: Fire Guts Onitsha Market, Traders Attempt Suicide by Nobody: 5:34pm On Oct 19, 2013
Sad cry
Re: Fire Guts Onitsha Market, Traders Attempt Suicide by bigtt76(f): 5:35pm On Oct 19, 2013
Inflammable merchandise yet not water hydrant or fire extinguisher merchant around? Na wao #wakapass jooooor
Re: Fire Guts Onitsha Market, Traders Attempt Suicide by millenni(f): 5:36pm On Oct 19, 2013
Beync: ur comment looks more ridiculous than the fire incident. Kid

kid dats just too rude friend. young goat? 4 wat?
Re: Fire Guts Onitsha Market, Traders Attempt Suicide by Beync(f): 6:11pm On Oct 19, 2013
millenni:

kid dats just too rude friend. young goat? 4 wat?
shatarrp there. U malu? U dint see anything wrong with him making jest of the unfortunate incident. Nonsense
Re: Fire Guts Onitsha Market, Traders Attempt Suicide by ume(m): 6:18pm On Oct 19, 2013
Segeggs: so japan of africa can burn!

Very soon the victims will start running to lagos.
must you make jest of everthing
Re: Fire Guts Onitsha Market, Traders Attempt Suicide by Nobody: 6:52pm On Oct 19, 2013
We need 'Fireproof' hands, Caleb Holt and his firemen are needed in nigeria
Re: Fire Guts Onitsha Market, Traders Attempt Suicide by Nobody: 6:53pm On Oct 19, 2013
Idi ots like you have liked your stewpid post so clap 4 yourself grin
Ozu! angry

Italiano1:

Back to sender- Your insults should be directed at your pathetic self. I guess you are blind that I was responding to what another poster said.

A policewoman who has no problem with gross misappropriation of funds and you have the nerve to point the finger.

Like I said to Policewoman who sees no problem with blatant corruption, I was replying to another poster and YES there is nothing wrong admonishing people who have a pathetic herd mentality at the detriment of their own development. 255 million naira if channeled correctly could have provided better facilities in that market that could have avoided the catastrophic incidence that occurred.

1 Like

Re: Fire Guts Onitsha Market, Traders Attempt Suicide by creepsyme(f): 6:59pm On Oct 19, 2013
oooooopsss! I feel sorry for them ooooo...
Re: Fire Guts Onitsha Market, Traders Attempt Suicide by whitecat007: 7:11pm On Oct 19, 2013
What?

peppy luv: Having fun when pple are in pains abi?
Dan iska angry
Re: Fire Guts Onitsha Market, Traders Attempt Suicide by hebex12(m): 7:11pm On Oct 19, 2013
Fire!fire!fire! All diz r signs of end time
Re: Fire Guts Onitsha Market, Traders Attempt Suicide by komek(m): 7:25pm On Oct 19, 2013
Idi Amin: It's a pity. Looking at the picture, I wonder how the fire got to that level without any attempt to put it out. I'm also wondering what is taking Seun so long to review membersip on nairaland because I'm tired of silly comments here undecided

I have also been thinking towards same direction with u, Seun shud do something about these Children who are flooding this Forum. I think pple shud give him idea of what to do about cos nothing is really coming into my head about it.
Re: Fire Guts Onitsha Market, Traders Attempt Suicide by whitecat007: 7:29pm On Oct 19, 2013
What does" Dan iska" mean? I thought someone was causing at me, but when I checked the meaning, it says hello. It also looks like Hausa word
Re: Fire Guts Onitsha Market, Traders Attempt Suicide by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:31pm On Oct 19, 2013
If this hand happened in the SW, NC, NE or NW Radio Biafra, in their usual childish manner, would claim that their God used it as a warning to Nigeria for the SE to secede and proclaim the Republic of Biafra. I remember sometimes in 2001 when the same Radio Biafra claimed that the pests eating up plants in the north were sent by God against the north, just as in the Biblical ten plagues in Egypt, to allow Igbo people go.
Re: Fire Guts Onitsha Market, Traders Attempt Suicide by 3ace(m): 7:40pm On Oct 19, 2013
I won't be surprised of there's no single fire extinguisher in that market. No priority for safety precautions in our system.
Re: Fire Guts Onitsha Market, Traders Attempt Suicide by amakenny: 7:44pm On Oct 19, 2013
Niggmatic: eeyaah.. We actually need effective and efficient fire service, possibly with state of the art equipment located close to all major and big markets not excluding industrial estates. For how long shall we keep loosing millions to negligence? Let Nigeria government be proactive for once. Haba
Every big market is supposed to have fire hydrant points always with water in vissible locafions inside the market. Traders may learn to take insurance for their business to avoid such cases of attempting suicide.
Re: Fire Guts Onitsha Market, Traders Attempt Suicide by Okijajuju1(m): 7:51pm On Oct 19, 2013
This is rather Sad, but all is not lost..

With the way Onitsha Market and Ariaria markets are laid out, all it needs is one match to burn down the entire thing.. The Govt. of Anambra should ensure proper adherence to Town planning codes when the market is being rebuilt. A fire hydrant/system should be factored into the new market.
Re: Fire Guts Onitsha Market, Traders Attempt Suicide by Decryptor(m): 7:54pm On Oct 19, 2013
geeez: Eyaa sorry o

But if this happened in Lagos, you bet this thread would have grown twice as long on insults and accusations of arson by Fashola on businesses controlled by the owners of Lagos
It is possible that his cronies came into Onitsha and did it. Any BokoHaram apologist is capable of anything.
Re: Fire Guts Onitsha Market, Traders Attempt Suicide by Femoooo(m): 8:08pm On Oct 19, 2013

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG Mulls Unified Naira Exchange Rate Regime / Dangote Is Africa's First $20 Billion Man, Now 25th World Richest! / How I Am About To Make $100 Million- Aroms Aigbehi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.