Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,454 members, 7,964,857 topics. Date: Wednesday, 02 October 2024 at 10:40 PM

7 Reasons To Eat Onions Daily - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / 7 Reasons To Eat Onions Daily (2759 Views)

See This BIG Crab Am About To Eat / 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas / 10 Reasons To Throw-out Your Microwave Oven (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Reasons To Eat Onions Daily by fabulousdame(f): 1:09pm On Oct 20, 2013
1. arteriosclerosis and coronary disease: onion prevents arterisclerosis or thrombosis(formation of cloths within d arteries en veins) and improve the circulation of blood in the coronary arteries.. investigations showed that those who eat more onions and apples (two of the foods richest in flavonoid quercetin) have a lower risk of dying from a heart attack

2.kidney disorders:onion increases urine volume, facilitating the elimination of waste materials because of its alkalizing effect.

3.diabetes: onion reduces the blood glucose level, they re indicated for diabetics

4.liver disorders: onions stimulate the detoxifying function of the liver as well as improving the activity of the digestive juice-producing glands.

5.those who eat more onions have a much lower risk of developing stomach cancer

6. onions prevent the development of tumor cells

7. eating raw onions can stop or reduce asthma crisis.... i actually used this to save d life of a frnd who was under an asthma attack en her inhaler was nowhere to be found...i cut d raw onion, stuffed it in her mouth till we could get her to d hospital..

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons To Eat Onions Daily by Jbluv55(m): 1:53pm On Oct 20, 2013
fabulousdame: 1. arteriosclerosis and coronary disease: onion prevents arterisclerosis or thrombosis(formation of cloths within d arteries en veins) and improve the circulation of blood in the coronary arteries.. investigations showed that those who eat more onions and apples (two of the foods richest in flavonoid quercetin) have a lower risk of dying from a heart attack

2.kidney disorders:onion increases urine volume, facilitating the elimination of waste materials because of its alkalizing effect.

3.diabetes: onion reduces the blood glucose level, they re indicated for diabetics

4.liver disorders: onions stimulate the detoxifying function of the liver as well as improving the activity of the digestive juice-producing glands.

5.those who eat more onions have a much lower risk of developing stomach cancer

6. onions prevent the development of tumor cells

7. eating raw onions can stop or reduce asthma crisis.... i actually used this to save d life of a frnd who was under an asthma attack en her inhaler was nowhere to be found...i cut d raw onion, stuffed it in her mouth till we could get her to d hospital..

NICE INFO.

@bolded I never heard of stomach cancer before. Is it the same as stomach ulcer?

Also I always cook my onions with my food plus some other spices but lately I heard its best taken raw. How true is this n of what advantage is taking it raw over taking it cooked?
Re: 7 Reasons To Eat Onions Daily by fabulousdame(f): 4:38pm On Oct 20, 2013
Jbluv55:

NICE INFO.

@bolded I never heard of stomach cancer before. Is it the same as stomach ulcer?

Also I always cook my onions with my food plus some other spices but lately I heard its best taken raw. How true is this n of what advantage is taking it raw over taking it cooked?
no it's not d same as ulcer buh u can google it to know more about it.... onion is best eaten raw, d medicinal effects re diminished when cooked..

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons To Eat Onions Daily by bumzel89(f): 6:28pm On Oct 20, 2013
I love onions but I can't take it raw. I eat it in suya though, love it with the suya pepper
Re: 7 Reasons To Eat Onions Daily by Jbluv55(m): 6:53pm On Oct 20, 2013
bumzel89: I love onions but I can't take it raw. I eat it in suya though, love it with the suya pepper
Same here .......not until I went to visit some friends n they had just prepared Noodles n then they just sliced fresh onions on the Noodles. Quite a gud experience I'd say.......smiley
Re: 7 Reasons To Eat Onions Daily by fabulousdame(f): 7:16pm On Oct 20, 2013
i cant eat raw onions cos of it's piquancy buh i can manage with suya too
Re: 7 Reasons To Eat Onions Daily by Nobody: 7:52pm On Oct 20, 2013
now i can defend my onion eating habit properly
Re: 7 Reasons To Eat Onions Daily by Nobody: 9:18pm On Oct 20, 2013
I love onoins,raw is even better.I really do love onions.
Re: 7 Reasons To Eat Onions Daily by fabulousdame(f): 2:45pm On Oct 21, 2013
MAXWELLOKUMA: now i can defend my onion eating habit properly
lol..
Re: 7 Reasons To Eat Onions Daily by dasparrow: 10:15am On Oct 22, 2013
@Post

I love onions, both raw and cooked. I am glad to read that there are benefits of eating onions.

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons To Eat Onions Daily by zionic(m): 6:16am On Oct 23, 2013
@Maxwelukuma :::Lol...u strike me as a man that wld take a babe out, buy her suya and she wld be eating d suya whilst u settle for d onions alone...with this thread u r redeemed of any wrong doings.!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Recipe For Finger/first Foods / How Do You Call These In Your Language? / A Weird, Innovative Meal I Found In The North. Would You Eat Or Pass?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.