Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,147 members, 7,939,619 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 09:10 AM

Converting Rear Wheel Drive To 4x4 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Converting Rear Wheel Drive To 4x4 (1340 Views)

Reasons Why Front-wheel Drive Sucks And Why Rear-wheel Drive Is best / The New 6-wheel-drive Mercedes G63 AMG / Front Wheel Drive Vs Rear Wheel Drive; Which Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Converting Rear Wheel Drive To 4x4 by dkc(m): 1:31pm On Oct 20, 2013
Hi Peeps, can a Tacoma 2005 PreRunner Rear Wheel Drive be converted to a 4x4 (ie 4wheel drive) without problems? Useful and urgent contributions please. Thank You.
Re: Converting Rear Wheel Drive To 4x4 by Nobody: 2:45pm On Oct 20, 2013
dkc: Hi Peeps, can a Tacoma 2005 PreRunner Rear Wheel Drive be converted to a 4x4 (ie 4wheel drive) without problems? Useful and urgent contributions please. Thank You.

The answer is yes, seeing as the Tacoma was available with an AWD option. Items you'll need are as follows:

01) 4x4 transmission.
02) Transfer case.
03) Propellar shaft.
04) Front axle.
05) Front suspension.
06) Associated wiring, switches and warning lamps.

These are just the most obvious items required, as with most conversions, the deeper you delve into the job, the more little miscellaneous items you'll find you need.
Re: Converting Rear Wheel Drive To 4x4 by sultaan(m): 5:08pm On Oct 20, 2013
Why not just buy AWD truck
Re: Converting Rear Wheel Drive To 4x4 by dkc(m): 8:01am On Oct 21, 2013
Siena:

The answer is yes, seeing as the Tacoma was available with an AWD option. Items you'll need are as follows:

01) 4x4 transmission.
02) Transfer case.
03) Propellar shaft.
04) Front axle.
05) Front suspension.
06) Associated wiring, switches and warning lamps.

These are just the most obvious items required, as with most conversions, the deeper you delve into the job, the more little miscellaneous items you'll find you need.
What's the estimated cost of doing the conversion and where can I get a perfect work? I don't wish to have problems later. I'm based in Warri. email me with dkcclout@gmail.com
Re: Converting Rear Wheel Drive To 4x4 by cardoctor(m): 8:36am On Oct 21, 2013
dkc:
What's the estimated cost of doing the conversion and where can I get a perfect work? I don't wish to have problems later. I'm based in Warri. email me with dkcclout@gmail.com

If the Nigerian factor doesn't creep in, we are never satisfied. We just seem to like the grief instead. By the time you start looking for and buying all the parts as well as the hypertension that comes with the mechanics and rewires, you would have bought two 4WDs.

Don't you think its cheaper to sell the RWD and buy a 4WD as advised by Sultaan.

Car-Doctor.

(1) (Reply)

My Car Savor / How Can I Get A New Car Through Finance?? Lagos / Car Air-conditioning Dangerous -must Read!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.