Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,858 members, 7,942,150 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 10:01 PM

UNIABUJA Students Offer To Pay Lecturers - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNIABUJA Students Offer To Pay Lecturers (18512 Views)

Uniabuja Students Lockout FCT Minister Over Students’ Bus, Others / Policemen Threaten To Shoot & Arrest UNIABUJA Students / GEJ Orders Expulsion Of Unqualified UNIABUJA Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNIABUJA Students Offer To Pay Lecturers by Nobody: 2:45pm On Oct 21, 2013
crycrycrycry
Re: UNIABUJA Students Offer To Pay Lecturers by plainmirror(m): 2:45pm On Oct 21, 2013
Someone shud tell dat comrade there's a difference btwn mil nd bil
Re: UNIABUJA Students Offer To Pay Lecturers by LMAyedun(m): 2:48pm On Oct 21, 2013
We the students of UniAbuja have only spent 3months in school from Jan till now(April, May & June 2013) due to the accreditation Crisis we had from Nov 2012 which resulted to the closing down of our school for about 4,5months.. We resumed April 2013 to write the 2nd semester exams.

UniAbuja students are more affected by this ASUU strike... Year 2013 is a wasted year (academically) for UniAbuja students.

Shame on the FG & all Nigerian leaders. A university in Federal capital in such a dishearten state.

I pray it works.. so we can pull-out of this uncivilized strike.
Re: UNIABUJA Students Offer To Pay Lecturers by bandol(m): 2:53pm On Oct 21, 2013
Ok.

Scroll!

You can do better!

Yea! More!

Yea! I don port!

Brb!

Bye!
Re: UNIABUJA Students Offer To Pay Lecturers by Danhumprey: 2:59pm On Oct 21, 2013
This is a real joke! A badly needed comedy relief! Chai! After toiling hard to pay school fees,they want to go on a 1month rag to get money to pay their lecturers? This is just pure madness. Pray,tell what was the school fees the students pay each semester used for?
Re: UNIABUJA Students Offer To Pay Lecturers by condralbede(m): 3:02pm On Oct 21, 2013
RockMaxi: This Nigga is high on Weed!
with Rochie.....mixed with totoline n tramore.
Re: UNIABUJA Students Offer To Pay Lecturers by FlintGuevara(m): 3:02pm On Oct 21, 2013
Ogbeche77: This dude wants to pay lecturers with proceeds from rag rallies, how much does he think an average PhD holder earns in a federal university.. I need some of that weeds Comrade Adediwura Ismaeel
Adesina: is smoking. grin grin
the dude's case ought to be referred to Yaba Left.
Re: UNIABUJA Students Offer To Pay Lecturers by LMAyedun(m): 3:04pm On Oct 21, 2013
bandol: Ok.

Scroll!

You can do better!
Yea! I don port

Bye!
How old are you?

1 Like

Re: UNIABUJA Students Offer To Pay Lecturers by iknopro(m): 3:05pm On Oct 21, 2013
odizeey:

http://www.worldstagegroup.com/worldstagenew/index.php?active=news&newscid=11400&catid=42

So after d one month rag I will come give you d money abii, I no go use am start up sometin and still be waitin for FG †☀ settle ASUU, tank God am nt a student.
Re: UNIABUJA Students Offer To Pay Lecturers by khadaffi(m): 3:09pm On Oct 21, 2013
Promhize: God punish this idiots. I was almost supporting them but on a second thought, this guys are greedy old men, destroying students lives with no sense of regret.

Why can't they just sue the FG since it was an agreement, wait let me guess, they don't want to spend their money, but they can waste students lives without twitching an eye.
We always blame FG, but these lecturers are as worse as the politicians themselves, I can bet that over 40% (esp Professors, Dr) are not in Nigeria as we are speaking, we complain that our politicians children aren't schooling in Nigeria but these greedy men are not different, even the son of Ondo state's deputy governor schools at OAU - tell me why he would want to send any of his children to FG universities later.

I just don't understand, this idiots are fighting for their pockets - for bigger offices, ac fitted - not students. I school in OAU and I'm not complaining, in-fact, no student is complaining. OAU increased Acceptance fee from 2000naira to 20,000naira, a whooping 1000% increase, when we students protested they advised us to stop and called us all sorts.

No lecturer supported students. For Pre-degree programme, the fee is over 150thousand naira, to write post utme, you'd have to pay over 3000naira, to check you'd have to pay over 3000naira, pls where do you think all these money is going to. Its not like we are given free food or learning materials.

This lecturers sit in AC tight offices, travel anyhow even during school semesters all in the name of research, the same lecturers fighting for students will come back from trips in the middle of semesters and give students only course outline and ask us to go learn ourselves.

Same lecturers demanded more than once that their retirement age be extended when millions of graduates are out of work. They want allowance because they are teaching more than 1 course, these same men and women of no reputable standard went to school on scholarship, with free food, books, and so on.

Damn ASUU and their sympathisers. They sit in AC tight offices with numerous gadgets when ordinary ceiling fans in students room aren't working.

They collect hundreds of millions in different fees but must new classrooms in OAU are built by Private companies and individuals such as first bank, I bet the rest are from FG funds.

I WILL STOP UNTIL EVERYONE KNOWS THAT EVEN THOUGH FG IS CORRUPT, THESE LECTURERS ARE NOT ANY BETTER.

I just wonder why Nigerians are not thinking along these lines. Until we agree that all govt officials are corrupt regardless of the organisation, this country is heading no where. I was shocked to see that at the beginning of the strike students were in support of the strike when it was their future that was put on the line. The only loosers in this strike are the student.

If the lecturers that are more closer to the students have the mind to do such terrible thing to the students, you can begin to imagine the kind of leaders we have

And for the record when we say our leaders have failed us in this country, ASUU is included. They just failed to realise that they are leaders in their own field. How foolish can they be. I just thank God such nonsense did not occur while I was in school. Trash
Re: UNIABUJA Students Offer To Pay Lecturers by mazizitonene(m): 3:11pm On Oct 21, 2013
Choi! Ds guys don hammer!.....chai! NANS ph chapter abeg naw...make we tidy our own...
Re: UNIABUJA Students Offer To Pay Lecturers by Hartarmah(m): 3:14pm On Oct 21, 2013
It shows every human being can think bt dis ones ve wasted dia tinking ability.Dey want to turn demselves mad on d road wtout d hand f dia modas/father's sides witchcraft dia.I think d perfect solution to dis prob is dt dis students shld support to win dis battle only for dis reason;once d money has bin released to d body in different schools,d NANS body shld ve a monitoring committe arnd in did schools to ensure dt d money is used for its purpose nd if not prob can start nd ASUU can b exposed to d world if d course f dia fyt is valid.If u beg ASUU to resume nw witout achieving dia aim,hw will u account 4 d wasted periods bt except dey win dis once nd for all cus same actn will still occur next year even bfore u finish ur final year.Sitting at home nw is better dan bcuming an unemployable graduate.Govt kip saying no money nd Stella Uduah is buying an armoured car worth #255 million,is she nt part f GEJ's cabinet?For ur informatn Nigerians,no money in d economy like bfore cus f dis corrupt politicians,i pity Nigeria is heading back into slavery land nd bcuming colonised d 2nd tym.
Re: UNIABUJA Students Offer To Pay Lecturers by JideTheBlogger(m): 3:14pm On Oct 21, 2013
...another way students can make money for themselves during ASUU strike
Re: UNIABUJA Students Offer To Pay Lecturers by TUNEX89(m): 3:15pm On Oct 21, 2013
Trash!
Re: UNIABUJA Students Offer To Pay Lecturers by Maximus17(m): 3:15pm On Oct 21, 2013
Who says its not possibe? But come to think of it quantitatively let's assume that UNIABUJA share from the FG release is 3000000000(its an assumption based on the proposed share I saw some few days on NL to diff Nigerian uni,though some schools like OAU,UI were some millions above that) and let's also assume they ve Got abt 40000 students. Dividing gives us abt 75000 per head....we knw everyone may nt get that amt and some may pay extra( some ABJ children get doe),buh the real issue nw is qualitative factors like hw sure are they that it wud be remmited?,how do they ensure transparency? Who and who will authorize? Who is the custodian? Who will record? Etc if they figure all these and many other factors well,its possible

Please I dont school there or got any interest there jst giving my opinion..

1 Like

Re: UNIABUJA Students Offer To Pay Lecturers by odizeey(m): 3:17pm On Oct 21, 2013
Dey say dey want standard sch for student na dem dey learn fro d sch,shey na ac dey dem office n fan for our class,we dey complain?
Re: UNIABUJA Students Offer To Pay Lecturers by Nobody: 3:19pm On Oct 21, 2013
abeg NANS president, wot does it take to be one of ur ur executive?? ...i realy need raw cash badly, it been a yl i handle some. kissabeg NANS president, wot does it take to be one of ur ur executive?? ...i realy need raw cash badly, it been a yl i handle some.
Re: UNIABUJA Students Offer To Pay Lecturers by Nobody: 3:19pm On Oct 21, 2013
[color=#000099][/color]abeg NANS president, wot does it take to be one of ur ur executive?? ...i realy need raw cash badly, it been a yl i handle some. kissabeg NANS president, wot does it take to be one of ur ur executive?? ...i realy need raw cash badly, it been a yl i handle some.
Re: UNIABUJA Students Offer To Pay Lecturers by Nobody: 3:21pm On Oct 21, 2013
Ms_Steph: lool.. ajebor children after 2months dey will get tired abi dey think lecturers salary is 50k
which ajebor you dey talk? Hmm, e be like say you no know this school wey dem dey call Uniabuja.
Re: UNIABUJA Students Offer To Pay Lecturers by kommiejewel(f): 3:21pm On Oct 21, 2013
@Promhize,u said it all. @Topic,mmtcheeww. . pay lecturers? Yeye dey smell. . :>
Re: UNIABUJA Students Offer To Pay Lecturers by emmymdk: 3:22pm On Oct 21, 2013
Someone wan be rich.... grin grin grin
Re: UNIABUJA Students Offer To Pay Lecturers by moshoodn(m): 3:24pm On Oct 21, 2013
NANS again....

Na wa ooo.

Glorified NANS.
Re: UNIABUJA Students Offer To Pay Lecturers by Davo93(m): 3:26pm On Oct 21, 2013
Promhize: God punish this idiots. I was almost supporting them but on a second thought, this guys are greedy old men, destroying students lives with no sense of regret.

Why can't they just sue the FG since it was an agreement, wait let me guess, they don't want to spend their money, but they can waste students lives without twitching an eye.
We always blame FG, but these lecturers are as worse as the politicians themselves, I can bet that over 40% (esp Professors, Dr) are not in Nigeria as we are speaking, we complain that our politicians children aren't schooling in Nigeria but these greedy men are not different, even the son of Ondo state's deputy governor schools at OAU - tell me why he would want to send any of his children to FG universities later.

I just don't understand, this idiots are fighting for their pockets - for bigger offices, ac fitted - not students. I school in OAU and I'm not complaining, in-fact, no student is complaining. OAU increased Acceptance fee from 2000naira to 20,000naira, a whooping 1000% increase, when we students protested they advised us to stop and called us all sorts.

No lecturer supported students. For Pre-degree programme, the fee is over 150thousand naira, to write post utme, you'd have to pay over 3000naira, to check you'd have to pay over 3000naira, pls where do you think all these money is going to. Its not like we are given free food or learning materials.

This lecturers sit in AC tight offices, travel anyhow even during school semesters all in the name of research, the same lecturers fighting for students will come back from trips in the middle of semesters and give students only course outline and ask us to go learn ourselves.

Same lecturers demanded more than once that their retirement age be extended when millions of graduates are out of work. They want allowance because they are teaching more than 1 course, these same men and women of no reputable standard went to school on scholarship, with free food, books, and so on.

Damn ASUU and their sympathisers. They sit in AC tight offices with numerous gadgets when ordinary ceiling fans in students room aren't working.

They collect hundreds of millions in different fees but must new classrooms in OAU are built by Private companies and individuals such as first bank, I bet the rest are from FG funds.

I WILL STOP UNTIL EVERYONE KNOWS THAT EVEN THOUGH FG IS CORRUPT, THESE LECTURERS ARE NOT ANY BETTER.
Hmmm... I laud your views friend. I just hope all other Nigerian students realize strike is nothing more than a wrong approach to Nigeria's educational problems. The highlighted is a very wonderful way ASUU could have pressed home for their alledged demands.
Re: UNIABUJA Students Offer To Pay Lecturers by Reference(m): 3:27pm On Oct 21, 2013
This is tuition nau. That's what we have been advocating for ages. Good college education is expensive and your government is broke so pay up if you can.
Re: UNIABUJA Students Offer To Pay Lecturers by Chanchit: 3:29pm On Oct 21, 2013
Just wait till a guy on rag gets 100k, he would take a second look @ d money and decide that the strike should continue forever.

1 Like

Re: UNIABUJA Students Offer To Pay Lecturers by Ajengogo(m): 3:37pm On Oct 21, 2013
Now I know why uniabuja status as a centre of learning is a serious subject of debate. How on earth are the students gonna raise money for the lecturers' pay through ragging. The implication is that student are gonna be out ragging all-month long without studying; raising salary for lecturers all thru their academic years. How are there gonna cope, meeeeeennn!!! Dump solution from dump students, I think
Re: UNIABUJA Students Offer To Pay Lecturers by Sholy29ice: 3:40pm On Oct 21, 2013
VOTING HAS STARTED
Pls i nid your nid your assistance....i nid
u to vote for my SAMSUNG
1000WORDS ARTICLE..... ON "A DAY IN
LIFE WITHOUT TECHNOLOGY "....PLS
KINDLY FOLLOW DIS LINK TO VOTE
FOR OLUMODEJI SHOLA.....PLS HELP A
FRIEND..... .PLS SHARE IT TO UR
FRIENDS ON WATSAPP,FACEBOOK
PAGE ND GROUPS, BBM,BLOG AND
ANY SOCIAL MEDIA NETWORK.. TNX U...
HOW TO VOTE
1)A VALID EMAIL (email u can
remember d username nd pass
words )
2)YOUR NAME
3)PHONE NUMBER
4)A MAIL WILL BE SENT TO D EMAIL YOU USED FOR VOTING.. SO THAT YOU CAN ACTIVATE YOUR VOTE.
www.samsungmobileng.com/galaxytab3/samsung1000words/
Re: UNIABUJA Students Offer To Pay Lecturers by ghetomum: 3:51pm On Oct 21, 2013
UNIABUJA dat doesn't have facility to receive lecture want pay lectures salary............................................... ok we don hear
Re: UNIABUJA Students Offer To Pay Lecturers by richieadams(m): 3:52pm On Oct 21, 2013
this is very funy do here, although am wishing them good lucks
Re: UNIABUJA Students Offer To Pay Lecturers by Nobody: 3:55pm On Oct 21, 2013

If 20% of Nigerian students are half as smart as you are.... The rot in the University system is caused by the lecturers and not the FG. ASUU should stop the finger pointing and look inwards.
We are beginning to identify our enemies. Goodmorning Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: UNIABUJA Students Offer To Pay Lecturers by odizeey(m): 4:01pm On Oct 21, 2013
Promhize u hva spoken well

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ui Pre-degree Form On Sale / Strike: ASUU Mulls Concessions On Main Demands / 16-yr-old Prospective Medical Student, Dies After Passing UTME And Post UTME

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.