Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,772 members, 7,930,637 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 12:40 AM

Keep Faith With Jonathan, PDP Begs Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Keep Faith With Jonathan, PDP Begs Nigerians (728 Views)

Cancer: Pray For Me, Diezani Begs Nigerians / Sokoto Youths Sweep Jonathan, PDP Leaders Out-of-state - Pic / Support Jonathan, PDP Begs Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Keep Faith With Jonathan, PDP Begs Nigerians by 1MCN: 12:43pm On Oct 21, 2013
By Henry Umoru
ABUJA- NATIONAL leadership of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP yesterday pleaded with Nigerians to keep faith with President Goodluck Jonathan in his determination to achieve his set goals as the nation was on a sure path to economic prosperity, just as the party boasted that the President has delivered on the economy.

The PDP however hailed the President for not allowing himself to be distracted from what it termed his avowed commitment towards the development of the nation and the welfare of Nigerians, even as it said that President Jonathan has remained resolute in meticulously and calmly driving his Transformation Agenda, adding, “and for this we are highly impressed.

In a statement signed yeaterday by PDP national Publicity Secretary, Chief Olisa Metuh, he said, “The leadership of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has applauded President Goodluck Jonathan for the milestones so far achieved in the critical sectors of the economy through the Transformation Agenda of the PDP-led administration.

Metuh who noted that the President has vigorously pursued his economic reforms and however expressed happiness that they have started yielding results, said. “We are indeed highly impressed that the reforms initiated by the President has started yielding very high dividends resulting in a massive leap in the nation’s economy which has also been acknowledged by the world community; the latest being the Fitch Ratings which affirmed Nigeria’s long-term foreign and local currency IDRs as well as senior unsecured bond and Short-term foreign currency IDR ratings respectively at ‘BB”s.

“It is heart-warming that at a time other economies of the world are having a downward trend, Nigeria’s economy on the other hand is experiencing stability and growth.”

Listing some of the factors that led to the positive rating to include massive developments in the power, agriculture and road sectors as well as reforms in finance, commerce and industry, the PDP commended the President for “initiating the New Automobile Industrial Policy Development which is focused on promoting investments in affordable made-in- Nigerian vehicles” even as it “noted the conclusion of arrangements to kick-off passenger service on the Eastern railway route before the end of December.

“We are happy that the New Automobile Industry Policy is already yielding results. Direct foreign investments are already flowing in from leading vehicle manufacturers including Nissan and Stallion Group which have entered into an agreement with the Federal Government to establish auto plants in Nigeria.

“This policy which also promotes the manufacturing of spare parts of vehicles used in the country will not only generate massive employment for our people but will guarantee technology transfer, reduction in cost of vehicles, increase in ancillary investment opportunities and a boost in medium and small scale enterprises. This, no doubt will contribute in transforming our country into a manufacturing hub in Africa.

“In the power sector, President Jonathan has shown resilience in ensuring the achievement of production targets. We note that acceleration of works that led to the commissioning of the Geregu Power Project in Kogi state on October 4, 2013 as well as the Omotosho 2 Power Station in Ondo state which was commissioned last Saturday. The party also notes the acceleration of works in other power plants including Calabar, 630MW; Egbema, 378MW; Ihorvbor, 504MW; Gbarain 252MW; Sapele 504MW; Omoku 252MW; Alaoji 1076MW and Olorunsogo 750MW.

“We commend President Goodluck Jonathan for not allowing himself to be distracted from his avowed commitment towards the development of the nation and the welfare of Nigerians. He has remained resolute in meticulously and calmly driving his Transformation Agenda and for this we are highly impressed.

“The nation is on a sure path to economic prosperity, the party urged all Nigerians to keep faith alive and continue to support the reforms initiated by the PDP-led administration so as to consolidate on the gains so far achieved”.

- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/10/keep-faith-jonathan-pdp-begs-nigerians/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter#sthash.A8nL93Hl.dpuf

1 Like

Re: Keep Faith With Jonathan, PDP Begs Nigerians by Nobody: 12:46pm On Oct 21, 2013
ok
Re: Keep Faith With Jonathan, PDP Begs Nigerians by Demdem(m): 12:48pm On Oct 21, 2013
keep faith on Jonathan
What a huge joke.

2 Likes

Re: Keep Faith With Jonathan, PDP Begs Nigerians by Omen100(m): 12:55pm On Oct 21, 2013
Demdem: keep faith on Jonathan
What a huge joke.

grin grin grin grin gringrin grin grin grin grin

abeg na which number I b oooo
Re: Keep Faith With Jonathan, PDP Begs Nigerians by 1MCN: 12:55pm On Oct 21, 2013
Demdem: keep faith on Jonathan
What a huge joke.
I should think that by now you should've learned not to use foul words when disagreeing with people or their opinion. I wish I knew how old you are. Well, I know that NL is peopled by Jambites and a lot undergraduates under the savagery of ASUU.

1 Like

Re: Keep Faith With Jonathan, PDP Begs Nigerians by Nobody: 12:59pm On Oct 21, 2013
GEJ till....2019*
NO VACANCY IN ABJ...

1 Like

Re: Keep Faith With Jonathan, PDP Begs Nigerians by anselm791(m): 1:00pm On Oct 21, 2013
Honestly pdp, we don't have any other option until 2015.
Re: Keep Faith With Jonathan, PDP Begs Nigerians by hillsate: 1:02pm On Oct 21, 2013
Keep faith with GEJ?
That's way out of my league men!
Re: Keep Faith With Jonathan, PDP Begs Nigerians by 1MCN: 1:06pm On Oct 21, 2013
anselm791: Honestly pdp, we don't have any other option until 2015.
I don't understand. Is it out of helplessness or out of hopelessness? People always have a choice in a matter that concerns them. Your choice is, if you don't like Jonathan then campaign against him (but not with calumny) and vote against him come 2015 election. If you prefer him to other options that may surface, campaign for your conviction and vote according. That is how citizens partake in deciding their destiny.
Re: Keep Faith With Jonathan, PDP Begs Nigerians by 1MCN: 1:17pm On Oct 21, 2013
mr.ceo63:
GEJ till....2019*
NO VACANCY IN ABJ...
Well, by normal administrative procedures, and according to our Laws, there's never allowed a vacancy in the seat of power. There shall not be a vacancy in Aso Rock even after 2019 if Nigeria continues to exist as a single sovereign national entity
Re: Keep Faith With Jonathan, PDP Begs Nigerians by blacksta(m): 1:40pm On Oct 21, 2013
wake me when he is ready to fight corruption . First step Jail any one involved in Aviation Car scandal.
Re: Keep Faith With Jonathan, PDP Begs Nigerians by Demdem(m): 2:08pm On Oct 21, 2013
1MCN:
I should think that by now you should've learned not to use foul words when disagreeing with people or their opinion. I wish I knew how old you are. Well, I know that NL is peopled by Jambites and a lot undergraduates under the savagery of ASUU.

STFU. Killer party made their statement and I made mine. How does it affect u aproko.
Re: Keep Faith With Jonathan, PDP Begs Nigerians by 1MCN: 2:10pm On Oct 21, 2013
blacksta: wake me when he is ready to fight corruption . First step Jail any one involved in Aviation Car scandal.
I might come by here now like a GEJ media aide. Am just enjoying a free period in the office after my launch and that's why I have all this time on my system.

I think Jonathan is the president with the most effective and effectual solution to corruption. Like you pointed out, Jonathan doesn't fight corruption. He prevents corruption. And that's the reason for all this noise you hear in our country against him. While fighting corruption will be more sensational and win him more public affection, it'll be more distracting and frictional and consequently, counter-productive. While prevention will be less sensational, less galleria, less noisy. But more productive. The power to prosecute corrupt office holders does not lie only with the presidency. Have you wondered why no state governor has toed that path? It'll totally veer him off the track and even remove from the office in a split second.

One of the conditions given by the G7 governors for reconciliation was that the president must ask the anti graft bodies to withdraw all charges against their (corrupt) members! If Jonathan spends all his energy in chasing, or 'fighting' corrupt politicians everybody will scream, HE'S WITCH-HAUNTING HIS PERCIEVED POLITICAL ENEMIES. Have you forgotten that his face-off with Amaechi stated when Amaechi was reported to have bought two private jets?!

Now you see Nigeria.
Re: Keep Faith With Jonathan, PDP Begs Nigerians by Donmams(m): 2:17pm On Oct 21, 2013
We've lost faith my friend. Just waiting for 2015 to send PDP out of existence.
Re: Keep Faith With Jonathan, PDP Begs Nigerians by anselm791(m): 2:27pm On Oct 21, 2013
1MCN:
I don't understand. Is it out of helplessness or out of hopelessness? People always have a choice in a matter that concerns them. Your choice is, if you don't like Jonathan then campaign against him (but not with calumny) and vote against him come 2015 election. If you prefer him to other options that may surface, campaign for your conviction and vote according. That is how citizens partake in deciding their destiny.
Yup both helplessness and hopelessness. I'm a student in a fed university. Go figure. And you do realise we're saying the same thing right? Just that yours has some cool words like calumny.

1 Like

Re: Keep Faith With Jonathan, PDP Begs Nigerians by 1MCN: 2:39pm On Oct 21, 2013
anselm791:
Yup both helplessness and hopelessness. I'm a student in a fed university. Go figure. And you do realise we're saying the same thing right? Just that yours has some cool words like calumny.
I do figure, bro. While in the university here in Nigeria I had my own (unfair) share of the pains of incessant labour actions. I think, however, that after this most strangulating and torturous experience, Nigerian higher education should receive that final healing balm that makes all things right. Ghana went through this rugged path and came out strong. Maybe we're also going thru it ourselves, albeit the harder way.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Police To Move Against Israeli Security In Rivers / Ifeanyi Ubah As The Governor Come 2014 / N255m Car Scandal: Reps’ Panel Indicts Oduah, NCAA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.