Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,767 members, 7,875,927 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 02:26 AM

What Is It With OPC Members - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is It With OPC Members (817 Views)

Mimiko Meets OPC Members Over Killing Of Colleague By Fulani’s Herdsmen / Fulani Herdsmen Invade Falae’s Farm Again, Kill OPC Security Guard / POLLS: 6m OPC Members Will Vote For Jonathan –Gani Adams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is It With OPC Members by moseskadiri(m): 2:06pm On Oct 21, 2013
Nigeria-police-logo-360x225The nefarious activities of some OPC members in Ajegunle area of Lagos state reached its head, when they were apprehended by the Police for allegedly arresting and torturing a certain Yakubu.

According to PUNCH Metro, Yakubu and his friends who were returning home from the beach, where they had gone to celebrate Sallah were stopped and accused of wandering at night by the OPC men at Okorogbo street and thereby demanded money from them.

The refusal of Yakubu and his friends to be extorted, reportedly angered the OPC members and fighting ensued. Yakubu’s friends fled the scene as they were being overpowered. This left Yakubu at the mercy of the vigilante group, who went on to unleash untold beating and torture on their victim, as he was bound by his hands and feet and tied to a stick.

A distressed call paced by a resident to the police saved the victim from death. And on sighting the anti-robbery policemen, the OPC men took to their heels, however, they were later arrested by the police.

According to a resident of Okorogbo who sought for anonymity, the OPC men in the area usually arrest people at night and often accusing them of being robbers.

“The OPC often take the laws into their hands. Anytime they stop you at night and you don’t have money to give them, you’re in trouble”, he said.

Meanwhile, according to the police, all the suspects have been arrested while Yakubu, the victim is in the hospital recuperating from the near-fatal injuries, he sustained.

source;http://insideaj.com/community-talk/111-police-arrest-opc-members-for-torturing-aj-resident

Re: What Is It With OPC Members by oLAAbEfe(m): 3:09pm On Oct 21, 2013
wish d victim quick recovery....
Re: What Is It With OPC Members by moseskadiri(m): 9:15am On Oct 23, 2013
me too, but something has to be done about this OPC, you won't believe that the took a guy from my area and till date we have heard nothing from the guy, rumour has it that they killed the boys, with the permission of the Baale.
Re: What Is It With OPC Members by moseskadiri(m): 2:38pm On Oct 25, 2013
yeah
Re: What Is It With OPC Members by Omexonomy: 2:48pm On Oct 25, 2013
Fellow nigerians this story is true in ajegunle.
If you are not a known APC/ACN/YARUBA member in this area then you are good as dead. I have fallen victim four times to this so called OPC.
Re: What Is It With OPC Members by amarilo: 2:53pm On Oct 25, 2013
OPC Militant wing of APC running amok in SW, Boko Boys, Terrorist wing of APC running amok in North, hope Rochas will not form one in South East.
Re: What Is It With OPC Members by Ralphlauren(m): 3:08pm On Oct 25, 2013
moseskadiri: me too, but something has to be done about this OPC, you won't believe that the took a guy from my area and till date we have heard nothing from the guy, rumour has it that they killed the boys, with the permission of the Baale.

was he a known thief or armed robber?

if yes, that is what they do to serve as deterrent to other robbers terrorising the neighbourhood.

if such person is released to the police, they usually get bail and come back reinforced and wreck more terror on the community
Re: What Is It With OPC Members by Omexonomy: 5:53pm On Oct 25, 2013
Ralphlauren:

was he a known thief or armed robber?

if yes, that is what they do to serve as deterrent to other robbers terrorising the neighbourhood.

if such person is released to the police, they usually get bail and come back reinforced and wreck more terror on the community
TYPICAL APC/YARUBA REASONING.
do you know that this OPCs are having a groove were they sacrifice human been caught in broad day light?
may such wickedness never happen to you or any of ur family.
Re: What Is It With OPC Members by Nobody: 6:02pm On Oct 25, 2013
lol
Re: What Is It With OPC Members by bolayei: 6:54pm On Oct 25, 2013
OPC still.....? i am a living proof to their illiterate ways on two occassions, infact the second time, i confessed that i took my grand mum's money without her knowledge( wetin i sabi then)that can lead to death and i was far from home i went to visit my friends at Ajangbadi then, the first time just like yakubu i was coming from beach with my friends and they lived in wilmer in olodi apapa and i had to drop them off and then go to my family house in okorogbo when we got stopped by them....well na God dey save person for naija.

By the way why do we still need vigilante like opc or are they militants and if militants? is it right to have militants? its just like having rebels and to think that these guys live with people and people know who they are....

(1) (Reply)

I Will Provide Free Qualitative Education For All- Ngige / Thousands Of South Sudanese Head Home From Sudan "NIGERIA 2015" / WOW!!! No Madam Needful Thread Today.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.