Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,944 members, 7,973,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 12:15 PM

Mother-in-law - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mother-in-law (2818 Views)

Your Mother-in-law Or Your Mother: Who Stays After Your Wife Delivers? / HOW TO DEAL WITH YOUR MOTHER-IN-LAW TROUBLING YOUR MARRIAGE! / Mother In-law Snatched My New Born Baby (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mother-in-law by Nobody: 7:14pm On Oct 23, 2013
Op, first lemme sympathise with you on the manner of MIL you got.

I daresay its a tough situation to be but the solution is rather simple.

Lemme school you a little about marriage and dealing with in-laws and maybe even spouses.

RULE 1

Never ever start something you cannot finish.

I repeat, never ever start something you are not prepared to di for the rest of your married life.

Its difficult to refuse at first but believe me, refusing at inception is far more easier than refusing the second time.

Its quite unfortunate that you are married to a wimp (sorry to say) otherwise, which kind of man would gladly indulge his mom to be dragging herself on the floor in this manner.

You need to stand up for yourself now otherwise you will remain a footmat for life.

And hear this, never ever lend money to your in-laws. Its the perfect recipe for cobflict especially a family sorely lacking in dignity like this.

Finally, I suggest you take whatever amount you can afford to give your mother-in-law and give that to her.

Tell her its not a loan but a gift and that is all you got.

If she or her son still complains after this then you might have more important things to be scared about then.

Goodluck.
Re: Mother-in-law by Nobody: 10:19pm On Oct 23, 2013
Guitarlife: Op, first lemme sympathise with you on the manner of MIL you got.

I daresay its a tough situation to be but the solution is rather simple.

Lemme school you a little about marriage and dealing with in-laws and maybe even spouses.

RULE 1

Never ever start something you cannot finish.

I repeat, never ever start something you are not prepared to di for the rest of your married life.

Its difficult to refuse at first but believe me, refusing at inception is far more easier than refusing the second time.

Its quite unfortunate that you are married to a wimp (sorry to say) otherwise, which kind of man would gladly indulge his mom to be dragging herself on the floor in this manner.

You need to stand up for yourself now otherwise you will remain a footmat for life.

And hear this, never ever lend money to your in-laws. Its the perfect recipe for cobflict especially a family sorely lacking in dignity like this.

Finally, I suggest you take whatever amount you can afford to give your mother-in-law and give that to her.

Tell her its not a loan but a gift and that is all you got.

If she or her son still complains after this then you might have more important things to be scared about then.

Goodluck.

School her? Last time I checked, you were nowhere close to being married. tongue
Re: Mother-in-law by Nobody: 12:18am On Oct 24, 2013
Phema:

School her? Last time I checked, you were nowhere close to being married. tongue
You are right though but the question is , was my contribution intelligent or not ?

Especially if we consider that it came from someone who isn't married yet .

*winks*

2 Likes

Re: Mother-in-law by Nobody: 8:07am On Oct 24, 2013
Guitarlife: You are right though but the question is , was my contribution intelligent or not ?

Especially if we consider that it came from someone who isn't married yet .

*winks*

Yep. Good advice. But you only "school" people in what you are an authority in. Don't you think so? wink

By the way, how are you these days? Done with studies now? Regards.
Re: Mother-in-law by Nobody: 9:52am On Oct 24, 2013
Phema:

Yep. Good advice. But you only "school" people in what you are an authority in. Don't you think so? wink

By the way, how are you these days? Done with studies now? Regards.

Thanks oooo.

Am good and I work in the banking industry now.

The pay was too irrestible, so am pausing at M.ENG foe now .

*winks*
Re: Mother-in-law by Nobody: 10:35am On Oct 24, 2013
Guitarlife:
Thanks oooo.

Am good and I work in the banking industry now.

The pay was too irrestible, so am pausing at M.ENG foe now .

*winks*

You left M.ENG for the Banking industry? Well, I guess you have your reasons. I would do things differently if i were you though.

It's all good. Congrats on the job. Come and pay your tithe abeg. The "house of God" needs it. wink
Re: Mother-in-law by Nobody: 1:47pm On Oct 24, 2013
Phema:

You left M.ENG for the Banking industry? Well, I guess you have your reasons. I would do things differently if i were you though.

It's all good. Congrats on the job. Come and pay your tithe abeg. The "house of God" needs it. wink
I didn't leave M.ENG entirely sis.

I was supposed to defend my project but ASUU went on strike.

While waiting for ASUU I got called to resume.

I have applied to be posted to the town so I can easily defend and get the degree.

I am done with the research already.

As per tithe send your acct. details.

1 Like

Re: Mother-in-law by Nobody: 2:00pm On Oct 24, 2013
Guitarlife: I didn't leave M.ENG entirely sis.

I was supposed to defend my project but ASUU went on strike.

While waiting for ASUU I got called to resume.

I have applied to be posted to the town so I can easily defend and get the degree.

I am done with the research already.

As per tithe send your acct. details.

Better! Was thinking you abandoned it. Goodluck hun.

For account details, pm moi. smiley
Re: Mother-in-law by veave(f): 9:44pm On Oct 24, 2013
Babe,
sorry to say this. ur husband and ur MIL done plan you. infact na ur husband sey make she ask you, sey u go get the money. please thread carefully here.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Baby Things / It Is Now Or Never For Me Dear nairalanders(clarion call for help) / The Best Furniture @ Affordable Prices This Christmas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.