Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,281 members, 7,977,861 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 02:32 PM

Corruption Trials Against Ex-Governors withdrawn - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Corruption Trials Against Ex-Governors withdrawn (26687 Views)

Orubebe: FG Drops Bribery Charges Against Ex-Minister / Dasuki Lists Ex-governors, PDP Chiefs In $2b Deals / N172bn Fraud Cases Against Ex-govs Turned Senators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Corruption Trials Against Ex-Governors withdrawn by JuanDeDios: 6:36pm On Oct 21, 2013
taharqa: SR is again been Sillly and mischievous. The Chief Judge of any state (Or, any Head of Court for that mata) CANNOT administratively withdraw a case. Only d Prosecuting Party can do that. The Chief Judge may simply be reassigning d cases, maybe to even fasten up d cases that hv been crawling in courts for upwards of 10 yrs in sm cases......
Yeah, you're right.

1 Like

Re: Corruption Trials Against Ex-Governors withdrawn by ichommy(m): 6:37pm On Oct 21, 2013
This will encourage the current Governor. Only in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Corruption Trials Against Ex-Governors withdrawn by Nobody: 6:38pm On Oct 21, 2013
if there's anyone to be pardoned i think it is ibori. though his valuables could be confisticated. at least he has suffered enough 'na'
Re: Corruption Trials Against Ex-Governors withdrawn by Isaactop9(m): 6:42pm On Oct 21, 2013
HMM
Re: Corruption Trials Against Ex-Governors withdrawn by shedyman: 6:47pm On Oct 21, 2013
The FCT High Court CJ, only has administrative powers over cases in d court, what about the EX Governors being tried in d Fed High court, CA and SC?

The story is absolutely false!

2 Likes

Re: Corruption Trials Against Ex-Governors withdrawn by DaLover(m): 6:51pm On Oct 21, 2013
taharqa: SR is again been Sillly and mischievous. The Chief Judge of any state (Or, any Head of Court for that mata) CANNOT administratively withdraw a case. Only d Prosecuting Party can do that. The Chief Judge may simply be reassigning d cases, maybe to even fasten up d cases that hv been crawling in courts for upwards of 10 yrs in sm cases...... By d way, d GEJ Govt just a few days ago removed d nation from d Watchlist of d Financial Action Task Force (FATC), a long process that was painstaking and extensive, and one that hv radicali improved transperancy in d Financial transactions (both Private and Govt) in Nigeria. By d way, for such a huge event, to my knowledge SR hv not even considered reporting d feat. #heightofhypocrisy

Even after mentioning this logical statement, people choose to ignore and still believe the story?
Why cant someone from the Nigerdellta rule this country?
Well, I have nothing else to say to the south west press sha...

We in the nigerdelta are hoping for this constitutional conference for our salvation from the grip of parasitic ingrates

3 Likes

Re: Corruption Trials Against Ex-Governors withdrawn by MeAboki(m): 6:53pm On Oct 21, 2013
Corruption, corruption and more corruption; thats whats what GEJ and his fresh air is feeding Nigerians - yet many are apparently saying they want more - thats if you believe their propaganda. sad

1 Like

Re: Corruption Trials Against Ex-Governors withdrawn by sleekp1: 6:55pm On Oct 21, 2013
The biggest Tinubu in Nigeria is also the leader of the second largest party in Nigeria.
As long as that frog eyed kleptomaniac is allowed to go about his business, I think justice demands his fellow thieves be granted reprieve also.
Whats good for one Tinubu is good for other thiefnubus.

2 Likes

Re: Corruption Trials Against Ex-Governors withdrawn by BetaThings: 6:56pm On Oct 21, 2013
L.M Ayedun..:
Following this Report, that means

Joshua Dariye - freed.
Uzor Kalu - freed.
Jolly Nyame - freed.
Saminu Turaki - freed.
Chimaroko Nnamani - freed.
Abubakar Audu - freed.
Boni Haruna - freed.
George Akume - freed.
Alao Akala - freed.
Abdullahi Adamu - freed.
Danjuma Goje - freed.
Luky Igbinedion - freed.
Bukola Saraki - freed.
James Ibori - Jailed.
Depreyie Alameisegha - freed.

And finally, the Boss.......

Bola Thifunbu - Freed.

Which way Nigeria.

Don't bother.
Tinubu was never charged. These cases started under Yaradua but Tinubu was not included
Tinubu was charged before Code of Conduct Tribunal under Jonathan for Having a foreign account. But that has been thrown out

1 Like

Re: Corruption Trials Against Ex-Governors withdrawn by happitech: 6:56pm On Oct 21, 2013
I
.com:

Nigeria self
i I tired for this country
Re: Corruption Trials Against Ex-Governors withdrawn by AROI: 6:57pm On Oct 21, 2013
dis is no news.it ll bcom 1 wen he acts odawise.
Re: Corruption Trials Against Ex-Governors withdrawn by happitech: 7:00pm On Oct 21, 2013
BetaThings:

Don't bother.
Tinubu was never charged. These cases started under Yaradua but Tinubu was not included
Tinubu was charged before Code of Conduct Tribunal under Jonathan for Having a foreign account. But that has been thrown out
. Old and new pdp ve come to compromise
Re: Corruption Trials Against Ex-Governors withdrawn by WildChild00(m): 7:07pm On Oct 21, 2013
[b] This is an aberration, how can their cases be withdrawen, Most corrupt ex governors like the following should be locked up in prison and never allowed to occupy any public office in the federal republic of Nigeria, but wat do we see, tomorrow they are either refered to as an elder states man, Chief, Sir, Hon. party leader, Asiwaju, Senator etc, it is shame the manner @ which corruption has taking over the country @ large,

James Ibori : He own a refinery in far away South-Africa, own houses in London, Us, Dubai etc, 2morrow he will wanna be a minister.

Bola Ahmed Tinubu: He is claiming to be a leader of Acn/Apc, sponsoring politicians, after stealing the whole of Lagos dry, own Oando, own houses all over Lagos and banks accounts in Us, UK, Dubai etc, I learnt he wants to be a vice president go one day.

Bukola Saraki: A senator of the federal rep. of Nigeria, and he is still wanted by the Efcc.

Lucky Igbinedon: The equally own refinery in morocco linking Spain, after stealing the whole of Edo States money dry, using his father's influence, to cover up, tomorrow he will bance back to occupy one of the public offices.

Peter Odili: The most silient corrupt governor frm the south south, during the days of Obj, and he is equally using the influence of his wife as a judge, owns air line like Arik-air. others coming soon . Alhaji Muazu, ex -Governor Kalu
[/b]
Re: Corruption Trials Against Ex-Governors withdrawn by ikeyman00(m): 7:08pm On Oct 21, 2013
@@

Don't bother.

keep fooling urself as expected!
Re: Corruption Trials Against Ex-Governors withdrawn by eluquenson(m): 7:09pm On Oct 21, 2013
Is it not this country(Nigeria) I am not surprised cos the End of Time prophecies started from this country so not new on the surface of the earth.
Re: Corruption Trials Against Ex-Governors withdrawn by bobokelly(m): 7:11pm On Oct 21, 2013
Is this how we going to fight corruptions in this country?, I wept and sorry for my country NIGERIA, our problem in this country is our corrupt leaders, is a pity they have killed and burried this great country, it is only God that can ressurates this country.
Re: Corruption Trials Against Ex-Governors withdrawn by solomon111(m): 7:15pm On Oct 21, 2013
So some people can't use their brains anymore?
Smh.
Re: Corruption Trials Against Ex-Governors withdrawn by BetaThings: 7:20pm On Oct 21, 2013
ikeyman00: @@

keep fooling urself as expected!

Expected by who? I am sure that you are mistaking me for another person
But if you have evidence that disproves what I posted, please post it
Re: Corruption Trials Against Ex-Governors withdrawn by Nobody: 7:21pm On Oct 21, 2013
Foul air till 2015!
Re: Corruption Trials Against Ex-Governors withdrawn by Nobody: 7:25pm On Oct 21, 2013
Na today? Jonathan is running the worst administration on earth. GEJ is the corruption all Nigerians should fight.

1. Malabu oil scam- $1.2 billion dollars shared in what The Economist of London described as Safe Sex Transaction. What is the result of repeated investigations? Nothing!
http://www.economist.com/news/business/21579469-court-documents-shed-light-manoeuvrings-shell-and-eni-win-huge-nigerian-oil-block

2.We have seen how a woman called Oteh ate a plate of rice for more than a million naira and a bottle of Eva water for #500 thousand naira. GEJ said we should shut up. Oteh engaged in stealing not corruption.
http://premiumtimesng.com/business/4257-why_i_overstayed_in_posh_hotel_accumulating_n30million_bill.html

3. We have seen how trillions of naira were stolen under the watch of Mr. Jonathan with his cronies indicted and re-indicted.
https://www.nairaland.com/998081/abdusallam-abubakar-stella-oduah-indicted

4.We have seen how Mr Jonathan pardoned corruption Alamco!
http://www.punchng.com/news/outrage-over-presidential-pardon-for-vip-ex-convicts/

5.We have seen how a pension thief was given a soft landing. Steal billions, pay fine in thousands!
http://sunnewsonline.com/new/cover/n23-3bn-pension-fund-fraud-outrage-trails-court-judgement/

The list is endless. Mrs. Jonathan is being paid as a "ghost" worker in Bayelsa. A permanent secretary in absentia. If Ministers are not buying jets, they are acquiring cars at unbelievably astronomical costs. Yet Jonathan has kept mum. He won't say a damn thing.

A section of media are being bribed to maintain criminal silence while satanic looting continues with impunity. The Suns Newspaper is yet to write just a word on Stella Gate.

I won't even talk of fuel subsidy! That's one scam too many. This president appointed Nuhu Ribadu to probe the oil sector only for him to appoint members of the committee into juicy positions in NNPC all in a cruel effort to frustrate the patriotic work of Nuhu Ribadu. The report is as dead as dodo. Nothing has been done to punish Madueke, the beauty queen of corruption.

So what's new?

25 Likes

Re: Corruption Trials Against Ex-Governors withdrawn by solomon111(m): 7:30pm On Oct 21, 2013
I wonder why this sowore guy has not been declared wanted for treason.
Most of his reports are unfounded,bizarre and illogical and are also very detrimental to the stability of the nation.
*Oh,what i would've done if i were president*

1 Like

Re: Corruption Trials Against Ex-Governors withdrawn by eldoradoxx: 7:38pm On Oct 21, 2013
taharqa: SR is again been Sillly and mischievous. The Chief Judge of any state (Or, any Head of Court for that mata) CANNOT administratively withdraw a case. Only d Prosecuting Party can do that. The Chief Judge may simply be reassigning d cases, maybe to even fasten up d cases that hv been crawling in courts for upwards of 10 yrs in sm cases...... By d way, d GEJ Govt just a few days ago removed d nation from d Watchlist of d Financial Action Task Force (FATC), a long process that was painstaking and extensive, and one that hv radicali improved transperancy in d Financial transactions (both Private and Govt) in Nigeria. By d way, for such a huge event, to my knowledge SR hv not even considered reporting d feat. #heightofhypocrisy
Brother please educate them well. Infact NL is becoming too irritating by the day. This steems from the fact that it seems that kids or ignorant adults have discovered this site and now see here as a place to show off their ignorance.
Re: Corruption Trials Against Ex-Governors withdrawn by solomon111(m): 7:38pm On Oct 21, 2013
Prof Corruption: Na today? Jonathan is running the worst administration on earth. GEJ is the corruption all Nigerians should fight.

1. Malabu oil scam- $1.2 billion dollars shared in what The Economist of London described as Safe Sex Transaction. What is the result of repeated investigations? Nothing!
http://www.economist.com/news/business/21579469-court-documents-shed-light-manoeuvrings-shell-and-eni-win-huge-nigerian-oil-block

2.We have seen how a woman called Oteh ate a plate of rice for more than a million naira and a bottle of Eva water for #500 thousand naira. GEJ said we should shut up. Oteh engaged in stealing not corruption.
http://premiumtimesng.com/business/4257-why_i_overstayed_in_posh_hotel_accumulating_n30million_bill.html

3. We have seen how trillions of naira were stolen under the watch of Mr. Jonathan with his cronies indicted and re-indicted.

http://www.punchng.com/news/outrage-over-presidential-pardon-for-vip-ex-convicts/

5.We have seen how a pension thief was given a soft landing. Steal billions, pay fine in thousands!
http://sunnewsonline.com/new/cover/n23-3bn-pension-fund-fraud-outrage-trails-court-judgement/

The list is endless. Mrs. Jonathan is being paid as a "ghost" worker in Bayelsa. A permanent secretary in absentia. If Ministers are not buying jets, they are acquiring cars at unbelievably astronomical costs. Yet Jonathan has kept mum. He won't say a damn thing.

A section of media are being bribed to maintain criminal silence while satanic looting continues with impunity. The Suns Newspaper is yet to write just a word on Stella Gate.

I won't even talk of fuel subsidy! That's one scam too many. This president appointed Nuhu Ribadu to probe the oil sector only for him to appoint members of the committee into juicy positions in NNPC all in a cruel effort to frustrate the patriotic work of Nuhu Ribadu. The report is as dead as dodo. Nothing has been done to punish Madueke, the beauty queen of corruption.

So what's new?
oh pls shut up and stop foaming from the mouth.
Knowing who you are i won't even bother debatimg with you.
Buhari will NEVER get into aso-rock whether you like it or not.

4 Likes

Re: Corruption Trials Against Ex-Governors withdrawn by Nobody: 7:40pm On Oct 21, 2013
And who says crime never pays!! The law is definitely a web for big animals that can pass through, little ones are caught up in it, I pray for my country NIGERIA
Re: Corruption Trials Against Ex-Governors withdrawn by alotofgrace(m): 7:40pm On Oct 21, 2013
the MAGGI.strate must be a pastor...old things are passed away

hope he discharge those guys wey don be stakeholders inside prison too undecided

1 Like

Re: Corruption Trials Against Ex-Governors withdrawn by eldoradoxx: 7:41pm On Oct 21, 2013
Brother please educate them well. Infact NL is becoming too irritating by the day. This steems from the fact that it seems that kids or ignorant adults have discovered this site and now see here as a place to show off their ignorance. Sahara is ment for the likes of many here.
Re: Corruption Trials Against Ex-Governors withdrawn by awodman: 7:43pm On Oct 21, 2013
Seems Sahara Reporters is still basking in the euphoria of their recent sucess with the BMW scandal
Re: Corruption Trials Against Ex-Governors withdrawn by Jayses(m): 7:47pm On Oct 21, 2013
A thief save's many thieves
Re: Corruption Trials Against Ex-Governors withdrawn by wogorparadise: 7:59pm On Oct 21, 2013
Wuts the source, even if they is, i dnt take people seriouse on these forum becos they jst twist infomatiom to suit their objective brewin wahala among tribes in the country......... God is watchim
Re: Corruption Trials Against Ex-Governors withdrawn by Nobody: 8:00pm On Oct 21, 2013
L.M Ayedun..:
The newly-appointed Chief Judge of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Justice Ibrahim Bukar, today in Abuja withdrew the case files of former Nigerian governors undergoing trial for corruption.

Justice Bukar requested all judges in the FCT to return the case files of several of the governors, some of whom are reportedly being considered for ministerial appointments by President Goodluck Jonathan.

A source at the FCT High Court said the new chief judge did not state why the case files were being withdrawn, but it is being suspected that he plans to do away with the cases.  Some of the cases were filed by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) since 2007.

Since coming to power in 2010, President Goodluck Jonathan has boosted and encouraged corruption in several ways, including through declaring he would not publicly declare his assets; refusing to push actively for action against corrupt officials, especially within his government; and pardoning a corrupt former governor, DSP Alaimeiyeseigha.

Several officials at the EFCC have also confided in SaharaReporters that Mr. Jonathan has directly interfered in their work and stopped several high profile investigations on corruption by asking the EFCC chairman to not investigate some of the most corrupt public officials in his administration.

A source at the EFCC noted that the case of former Governor Jolly Nyame had reached an advanced stage, with nine witnesses already called, lamenting that the case file is among those withdrawn today.

In recent months, President Jonathan has repeatedly declared corruption in Nigeria to be “exaggerated.”
Only last week, it emerged that his Minister of Aviation, Stella Oduah, compelled a struggling agency in the Ministry to purchase two overpriced luxury motor vehicles for her use at an incredible cost of N225million.  The public uproar that has followed the story has been ignored by Mr. Jonathan.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/chief-judge-abuja-withdraws-case-files-former-governors-undergoing-corruption-trial
since it is sahara, i no beliv

1 Like

Re: Corruption Trials Against Ex-Governors withdrawn by dheaven: 8:05pm On Oct 21, 2013
The judge is right because any case that cannot be decided within a period of two years is a waste of time and resources.
Re: Corruption Trials Against Ex-Governors withdrawn by ikeyman00(m): 8:22pm On Oct 21, 2013
@@@

Prof Corruption: 7:25pm

[s]Na today? Jonathan is running the worst administration on earth. GEJ is the corruption all Nigerians should fight.

So what's new?[/s]

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

EFCC Detains Babachir Lawal Over N223m Fraud / Bloomberg Compares Nigeria 2014 And 2018-hard Data / Dino Melaye Shares Wrappers To Women In Ayetoro Kogi State (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.