Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,345 members, 7,888,101 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 07:17 PM

Who Determines The Performance Of A Football Club, The Coach or Team? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Who Determines The Performance Of A Football Club, The Coach or Team? (470 Views)

It’s Foreign Coach Or I Quit – Pinnick / Peter Okoye Sets Up A Football Management Agency / Why Is The Coach Always Blamed For The Incompetence Of The Players (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Who Determines The Performance Of A Football Club, The Coach or Team? by Nobody: 10:00pm On Oct 21, 2013
Using Manchester United and some lower Clubs as a case study.
Since David Moyes, Succeeded Sir Alex Ferguson as the new coach of Manchester United, and judging by thier performance in the matches they have played since he took over the mantle. ManU Fans and some sports analysts, as been criticizing him, that he's not doing a great job as regards the performance and position of the club in the recent football leagues. Few days ago he said something, that their performance, depends mostly on the team and not on the coach. Sir Alex Ferguson also said, that he's still there, for his support and judging from the dialogues they had together, he said that David Moyes has good dreams of moving the Football Club to a greater height. Now come to think of it, most of the ManU player were there when Sir Alex was still the coach. My thoughts are that they shouldn't be blaming the Current Coach, if they really caught something from the Predecessor trainings. Am also looking at why the Top teams kept remaining at the Top most times and they also keep defeating other clubs that are not branded top teams in an encounter. Just as Chelsea defeated Cardiff City and currently, Fulham is leading the way, in thier match against Crystal Palace. Am now asking, is the performance of a Football Club really the function of the Coach's attitude or the Teams United Spirit?

(1) (Reply)

Fitness Exercise Shop In Lagos / Ronaldo: I Was Just Doing My Job / What Do I Need To Start-up an 'on Point' Viewing Center

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.