Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,194 members, 7,873,874 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:18 PM

Club-Lexus - Car Talk (108) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Club-Lexus (361724 Views)

Tokunbo Lexus Rx 300 Or Brand New Kia Rio 2014 / The Toyota / Lexus Hybrid Thread. / Guys, I Really Need Your Sincere Advice. Lexus RX300 Or Acura MDX ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (141) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Club-Lexus by KolaShangOne(m): 4:23am On Dec 22, 2021
9icetoo:

Not necessarily.
1. Bad, substandard, fake or wrong fluids spoil transmissions.
2. Dirty tools, environment and careless mechanics spoil transmissions.

I just serviced my Acura transmission and transfer case as it was due (A13). Car still drives fine. I made sure everything involved in the process was spotlessly clean.
Bought fluids from luvvinhubby (OEM).

Okay. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by DMechyy: 12:43pm On Dec 22, 2021
AwesomeGod10:
Good evening my boss, so I went to see a technician and complained about the issue I have with my car, he said the gas was low, so we refiled the gas and I payed him for it. But the next day I noticed I was still having the same problem, AC doesn't blow cold air while on idle and starts blowing cold air while I'm in motion.
Can you please recommend a good technician to fix it for me in benin? Thank you

cc Gazuzz

Low pump pressure from the compressor. You need a professional ac tech
Re: Club-Lexus by Fingalin: 3:02pm On Dec 22, 2021
DMechyy:

Did the technician change the air filter and clean the fan and it's compartment? Sometimes dirt can cause alot of problems for the AC. Speaking from experience
Re: Club-Lexus by DMechyy: 6:06pm On Dec 22, 2021
Fingalin:

Did the technician change the air filter and clean the fan and it's compartment? Sometimes dirt can cause alot of problems for the AC. Speaking from experience

Yeah, a clogged Pollen filter can restrict air from getting into the cabin.
Re: Club-Lexus by AwesomeGod10(m): 3:44pm On Dec 25, 2021
Thank you sir

DMechyy:

Re: Club-Lexus by homeboy205: 9:25pm On Dec 28, 2021
So I will just leave this here for future references.

Today I went to the mechanic and have my sticking caliper repair, while the repair is going on, the brake fluid was lost in the process. The reservoir was near empty but we didn’t know until I started the car after bleeding.

Immediately the parking “BRAKE” stay ON even with the parking brake disengaged. We topped off the oil and the light won’t go away. Which bring headache for everyone there, but I didn’t bother much about it. I just drove off and find a place to chill with some bottles. When I got there, I disconnected my battery terminal for 1 hour for the OBD to reset everything. After this is done, everything is back to normal.

Some of my friends were so worried for me already lol, like it’s a BIG deal… they were saying it could be ABS without ABS error light. So Funny.

Just in case you have this kind of issue, Car is 05 ES 330

PLEASE NOTE: if your car is not in tuned up before removing the terminal, you will face other problems like low idle. I am not responsible for that grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Club-Lexus by Famocious(m): 12:24pm On Dec 30, 2021
I recently changed my car (Lexus RX350, 2007) engine oil with 6 Litres of Mobil 1 5W30 fully synthetic. Two days after the oil change, I noticed my check engine light was flashing. The car was taken to an auto-workshop immediately where the oil check was found to be extremely low, water was seen gushing out from the exhaust pipe and the car was difficult to start. The auto engineer concluded that the top cylinder gasket was burnt and some of the valves were bad after further check.
The mileage on the car was 180,420; no evidence of oil leakage and the vehicle was not smoky prior to the incident.

The top cylinder gasket and all the 24 valves were replaced. The car is currently running smoothly.
Oando oleum SL 20W50 was suggested to be used for a further oil change by the auto repairer.
Is the suggestion a wise one or not?

PS: The oil change prior to the incident was with the recommended Mobil 1 5w30, however oil shortage was noticed 2 weeks after its change and a top-up with 2 litres was done.
Re: Club-Lexus by DMechyy: 7:54pm On Dec 30, 2021
Famocious:
I recently changed my car (Lexus RX350, 2007) engine oil with 6 Litres of Mobil 1 5W30 fully synthetic. Two days after the oil change, I noticed my check engine light was flashing. The car was taken to an auto-workshop immediately where the oil check was found to be extremely low, water was seen gushing out from the exhaust pipe and the car was difficult to start. The auto engineer concluded that the top cylinder gasket was burnt and some of the valves were bad after further check.
The mileage on the car was 180,420; no evidence of oil leakage and the vehicle was not smoky prior to the incident.

The top cylinder gasket and all the 24 valves were replaced. The car is currently running smoothly.
Oando oleum SL 20W50 was suggested to be used for a further oil change by the auto repairer.

PS: The oil change prior to the incident was with the recommended Mobil 1 5w30, however oil shortage was noticed 2 weeks after its change and a top-up with 2 litres was done.

lipsrsealed

Were you physically with the vehicle when water was coming out from the exhaust?
Re: Club-Lexus by Famocious(m): 8:28pm On Dec 30, 2021
DMechyy:

lipsrsealed

Were you physically with the vehicle when water was coming out from the exhaust?

Yes sir, I was there physically. Some water was also dripping out under the engine.
Re: Club-Lexus by KolaShangOne(m): 12:22pm On Jan 02, 2022
Famocious:

Is the OandO 20w50 fully synthetic?
Re: Club-Lexus by Famocious(m): 2:25pm On Jan 02, 2022
KolaShangOne:

Is the OandO 20w50 fully synthetic?
No, a Mineral oil sir
Re: Club-Lexus by mosbus: 2:32pm On Jan 02, 2022
ksmart027:

You have a leakage, find a technician that use uv dye.
Not all leakage can been seen with UV dye.
Best method to find leakage is using a very high pressured purified air with a good manifold guage.
Re: Club-Lexus by Kreamie(m): 5:53pm On Jan 02, 2022
Baba niyen. grin
mosbus:

Not all leakage can been seen with UV dye.
Best method to find leakage is using a very high pressured purified air with a good manifold guage.
Re: Club-Lexus by KolaShangOne(m): 8:56pm On Jan 02, 2022
Famocious:

Has anyone else using full synthetic oil experienced this?
Re: Club-Lexus by kong200: 9:36pm On Jan 02, 2022
9icetoo:

Not necessarily.
1. Bad, substandard, fake or wrong fluids spoil transmissions.
2. Dirty tools, environment and careless mechanics spoil transmissions.

I just serviced my Acura transmission and transfer case as it was due (A13). Car still drives fine. I made sure everything involved in the process was spotlessly clean.
Bought fluids from luvvinhubby (OEM).

What is the Acura model and year ?
Re: Club-Lexus by bmarketing: 1:31pm On Jan 05, 2022
Hello house,

I have issues with my is250, a 2007 model. ABS and AFS light is on as well as Check VSC. Also the reverse doesn’t pick sometimes, I will have put it in drive, warm it a little then try the reverse before it works. Is it the gear oil and filter that’s need to be changed.

P.S mechanic has checked the ABS sensor in the front right tire, fixed it and the ABS light went off. After a while, it came back on up till now.
The mechanic is saying I may need to get a new ABS. I don’t even have an idea how much it is sold.
Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 3:25pm On Jan 05, 2022
bmarketing:
Hello house,

I have issues with my is250, a 2007 model. ABS and AFS light is on as well as Check VSC. Also the reverse doesn’t pick sometimes, I will have put it in drive, warm it a little then try the reverse before it works. Is it the gear oil and filter that’s need to be changed.

P.S mechanic has checked the ABS sensor in the front right tire, fixed it and the ABS light went off. After a while, it came back on up till now.
The mechanic is saying I may need to get a new ABS. I don’t even have an idea how much it is sold.

You need to stop playing games of throwing parts randomly at the car, have it professionally diagnosed then fix it based on the results of the diagnosis.

Where is your location?
Re: Club-Lexus by bmarketing: 3:28pm On Jan 05, 2022
kingreign:

You need to stop playing games of throwing parts randomly at the car, have it professionally diagnosed then fix it based on the results of the diagnosis.

Where is your location?

It has been scanned multiple times. It all points to the ABS… Code C1201…
Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 3:34pm On Jan 05, 2022
bmarketing:

It has been scanned multiple times. It all points to the ABS… Code C1201…

Location of the car?
Re: Club-Lexus by bmarketing: 7:06pm On Jan 05, 2022
kingreign:

Location of the car?

Lagos
Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 7:36pm On Jan 05, 2022
bmarketing:

Lagos
Chat me up 07034581213, I'd give you a guide on how to solving that issue.
Re: Club-Lexus by LOUISXIV: 7:39pm On Jan 05, 2022
Please does anyone know a good mechanic for RX300 around Ketu/Mile12 axis? Someone that scans the car before doing anything. Kazeems have dealt with me.
Re: Club-Lexus by bmarketing: 8:34pm On Jan 05, 2022
kingreign:

Chat me up 07034581213, I'd give you a guide on how to solving that issue.

Please check WhatsApp thanks

2 Likes

Re: Club-Lexus by Dozieson(m): 8:37pm On Jan 05, 2022
LOUISXIV:
Please does anyone know a good mechanic for RX300 around Ketu/Mile12 axis? Someone that scans the car before doing anything. Kazeems have dealt with me.

Hahhahaha
Re: Club-Lexus by Dozieson(m): 8:37pm On Jan 05, 2022
grin
Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 8:41pm On Jan 05, 2022
bmarketing:

Please check WhatsApp thanks

Noted!
Re: Club-Lexus by fabzizy93(m): 9:43pm On Jan 05, 2022
seunoj:
Need help pls
AC light blinks on dash on the navigation screen and a/c will blow hot air.
Vehicle is rx330

Hi @seunoj how did you get this fixed please?
Re: Club-Lexus by seunoj: 2:07pm On Jan 06, 2022
fabzizy93:

Hi @seunoj how did you get this fixed please?

Hmmnnn.
One AC guy changed condenser and cleaned the system and everything worked but I have a feeling it’s not as cold as it should be.
Re: Club-Lexus by MrBuzy: 2:35pm On Jan 06, 2022
kingreign:

There's a navigation DVD disc which is needed in the navigation drive which is located in the boot right off the wheel removal tools. You need that DVD disc to stop this message.

The DVD is there with the Disc. What I don't know is whether the DVD lens is OK or the Disc is bad.
Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 3:00pm On Jan 06, 2022
MrBuzy:

The DVD is there with the Disc. What I don't know is whether the DVD lens is OK or the Disc is bad.

Eject the DVD disc, snap both sides and upload here.
Re: Club-Lexus by 9icetoo(m): 3:19pm On Jan 06, 2022
kong200:

What is the Acura model and year ?
2008 mdx
Re: Club-Lexus by noeloge82(m): 8:12pm On Jan 06, 2022
Pls who knows how much I can get Lexus 300 model 99 tokunbo engine mine knocked on my way from Lagos without sign after I serviced it 2 weeks before travelling , so now am told to either buy a complete engine or half engine pls if u know the price kindly mention me

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (141) (Reply)

Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread / How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.