Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,873 members, 7,872,889 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 02:24 AM

Club-Lexus - Car Talk (77) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Club-Lexus (361633 Views)

Tokunbo Lexus Rx 300 Or Brand New Kia Rio 2014 / The Toyota / Lexus Hybrid Thread. / Guys, I Really Need Your Sincere Advice. Lexus RX300 Or Acura MDX ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (141) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Club-Lexus by Samtobh(m): 8:31pm On Jul 07, 2020
chukel:
sorry, this happened. You likely have a head gasket issue. Your coolant is getting burned off. What's your exhaust fume like.

Vapor most times

Clean , no smoke.

From observations today,noticed it takes long before the fan picks. Temperature goes so high then comes down to the middle of the gauge , then same occurs per time.

Guessed it's a failed thermostat

Got a good rewrite to Run the fans directly, test driving tomorrow to see it it fixes the issue.

If it does, a thermostat replacement is way to go.

What do you think?
Re: Club-Lexus by Samtobh(m): 8:34pm On Jul 07, 2020
chukel:
he said he bought it mid may. This is July. He may have bought a car with a defective engine.

The constant disappearance of the coolant is a pointer the engine or components had a major issue.

I Refill the coolant container every 2 days

The only day I forgot to top up the coolant (was the day the issue started.

New Radiator cap now, new radiator, fans run directly now...I pray if should fix it all.
Re: Club-Lexus by cloud(m): 8:36pm On Jul 07, 2020
Can I get any sellers of Android navigation for lexus es350 within Abuja?
Re: Club-Lexus by chukel(m): 9:08pm On Jul 07, 2020
Samtobh:

The constant disappearance of the coolant is a pointer the engine or components had a major issue.

I Refill the coolant container every 2 days

The only day I forgot to top up the coolant (was the day the issue started.

New Radiator cap now, new radiator, fans run directly now...I pray if should fix it all.
no, it won't. It will only mask it till it can mask it no more. The culprit is in the engine. Mostly the top. Go and fix it. Change your top gasket.
Re: Club-Lexus by chukel(m): 9:11pm On Jul 07, 2020
Samtobh:

Vapor most times

Clean , no smoke.

From observations today,noticed it takes long before the fan picks. Temperature goes so high then comes down to the middle of the gauge , then same occurs per time.

Guessed it's a failed thermostat

Got a good rewrite to Run the fans directly, test driving tomorrow to see it it fixes the issue.

If it does, a thermostat replacement is way to go.

What do you think?
you are making a headway. Replace the thermostat. If you can't source a good one, remove it for now. Better ur engine runs cold till you provide another thermostat than overheating. However, if you use coolant, faulty thermostat can't explain disappearance of the fluid.
Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 9:14pm On Jul 07, 2020
cloud:
Can I get any sellers of Android navigation for lexus es350 within Abuja?
You may not easily see it as most times its only available on pre-order. That said, fogman on nairaland based in Lagos may have some units.
Fogman +2348033677688

When you get it eventually, contact +234034581213 for clean professional problem free installation.

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by dare01: 10:53am On Jul 08, 2020
Good day Lexus crew,

Trust you guys are having a great day.

Which of this lexus has a better MPG and has a low repair and maintenance culture on Lagos road

NB: House is located around Oshodi Isolo LGA

RX 330 04-06
RX350 07-10
Re: Club-Lexus by Lexusgs430: 12:07pm On Jul 08, 2020
dare01:
Good day Lexus crew,

Trust you guys are having a great day.

Which of this lexus has a better MPG and has a low repair and maintenance culture on Lagos road

NB: House is located around Oshodi Isolo LGA

RX 330 04-06
RX350 07-10

Neither............. cheesy

Except you are prepared to buy one with a 'H'............... wink

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by makjo900: 1:42pm On Jul 08, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Do you still drive your Acura?
Re: Club-Lexus by Lexusgs430: 1:44pm On Jul 08, 2020
makjo900:

Do you still drive your Acura?

Yes....
Re: Club-Lexus by dare01: 2:20pm On Jul 08, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Which car do you recommend sir?
Re: Club-Lexus by Lexusgs430: 2:27pm On Jul 08, 2020
dare01:

Which car do you recommend sir?

I honestly would recommend a Lamborghini Urus......

I love the presence it presents......... grin
Re: Club-Lexus by HeavenlyBang(m): 2:32pm On Jul 08, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Can't go wrong with a danfo imo.
Re: Club-Lexus by chukel(m): 5:04pm On Jul 08, 2020
Since his major concern is mpg and considering low maintenance budget, I suggest TVS tricycle

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Club-Lexus by Lexusgs430: 6:53pm On Jul 08, 2020
I wonder how pesin dey eye V6 vehicle, and MPG is a concern.......

And that pesin go love to use AC, have a very heavy right foot and driving in a city, cursed with massive traffic over congestion evil spirits ........ cheesy

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by Lexusgs430: 6:55pm On Jul 08, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Can't go wrong with a danfo imo.

Danfo using groundnut oil (sourced from ìyá basira)..... The roadside àkàrà seller...... wink

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by dare01: 7:14pm On Jul 08, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Loool
Re: Club-Lexus by dare01: 7:15pm On Jul 08, 2020
Lexusgs430:
I wonder how pesin dey eye V6 vehicle, and MPG is a concern.......

And that pesin go love to use AC, have a very heavy right foot and driving in a city, cursed with massive traffic over congestion evil spirits ........ cheesy

Sha give us the one Dey wey Dey average to maintain shikena
Re: Club-Lexus by Lexusgs430: 7:20pm On Jul 08, 2020
dare01:

Sha give us the one Dey wey Dey average to maintain shikena

Corolla....... cheesy
Re: Club-Lexus by wellheads(m): 9:43pm On Jul 08, 2020
Please who can link me with someone selling GX 470 parts? I need the bumper, headlight and some body parts.

Thanks.
Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 9:46pm On Jul 08, 2020
wellheads:
Please who can link me with someone selling GX 470 parts? I need the bumper, headlight and some body parts.

Thanks.
Chat me up, state your location pls so I can send you a direct seller's number.
Re: Club-Lexus by dare01: 10:34pm On Jul 08, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Corolla....... cheesy

Of all cars

With all due respect I hate that corolla. Nothing intriguing

Which of the Lexus RX make I choose from Rx330 2004-Rx350 2010

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by Lexusgs430: 10:52pm On Jul 08, 2020
dare01:

Of all cars

RX350 2010 - Newer

Make sure you run a VIN check and get a professional inspection done......
Re: Club-Lexus by Deoboss(m): 7:37am On Jul 09, 2020
dare01:

Of all cars

Choose RX350 year 2007-2009 or if you can afford higher then buy RX350 year 2010-2013 they are super.

Thank me later as they are quite durable & not problematic if you buy non-accidental & error free engine from onset
Re: Club-Lexus by FiddyEn: 8:22am On Jul 09, 2020
Hello guys.. So I noticed the ac of my 2010 es350 wasn't chilling as it used to and went to an ac repairer and it was established that there was leakage. I asked him to fix. He used an electronic sniffer across my components and concluded my condenser was the culprit. I asked him to change it. He did and recharged the system. Everything seemed normal again until after about 3 weeks when I noticed a drop again in the chill level. I took to him. He changed the expansion valve and recharged again. For a few hours it seemed ok. When the sun was high, it dropped. Zero chill. But if I switch off the ac for a few seconds and switch back on, it would chill for like five minutes and then drop again. I took it back to him immediately. He then hit me news that I've been finding difficulty grasping: bro your compressor no good, we suppose change am! Please guys could this be possible? A car barely 2 yrs, never had issues and then this. Also if true, pls what's the cost of a replacement compressor?
Cc kingreign, GAZZUZZ, Lexusgs430 etc
Re: Club-Lexus by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:34am On Jul 09, 2020
FiddyEn:
Hello guys.. So I noticed the ac of my 2010 es350 wasn't chilling as it used to and went to an ac repairer and it was established that there was leakage. I asked him to fix. He used an electronic sniffer across my components and concluded my condenser was the culprit. I asked him to change it. He did and recharged the system. Everything seemed normal again until after about 3 weeks when I noticed a drop again in the chill level. I took to him. He changed the expansion valve and recharged again. For a few hours it seemed ok. When the sun was high, it dropped. Zero chill. But if I switch off the ac for a few seconds and switch back on, it would chill for like five minutes and then drop again. I took it back to him immediately. He then hit me news that I've been finding difficulty grasping: bro your compressor no good, we suppose change am! Please guys could this be possible? A car barely 2 yrs, never had issues and then this. Also if true, pls what's the cost of a replacement compressor?

Did he use gauges to diagnose and refill? Did he use a vacuum pump to pull out all air before refilling? Do you currently have black death?
Re: Club-Lexus by Lexusgs430: 9:49am On Jul 09, 2020
FiddyEn:

Watch this video for proper troubleshooting process............

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTNrrQSmVJ0

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by dare01: 3:22pm On Jul 09, 2020
Deoboss:

Choose RX350 year 2007-2009 or if you can afford higher then buy RX350 year 2010-2013 they are super.

Thank me later as they are quite durable & not problematic if you buy non-accidental & error free engine from onset

Thanks appreciate the input

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by dare01: 3:23pm On Jul 09, 2020
Lexusgs430:

RX350 2010 - Newer

Make sure you run a VIN check and get a professional inspection done......

Thanks a bunch
Re: Club-Lexus by FiddyEn: 3:29pm On Jul 09, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Did he use gauges to diagnose and refill? Did he use a vacuum pump to pull out all air before refilling? Do you currently have black death?

Yes he used gauges. I'm not sure he used a vacuum pump. Please how can I tell black death?

I'm in dire need of advice please sirs

Cc GAZZUZZ
Re: Club-Lexus by FiddyEn: 3:32pm On Jul 09, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Watch this video for proper troubleshooting process............

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTNrrQSmVJ0
Thanks bros. I just got back from evacuating all the gas and then freshly recharge. It was chill for say 30mins before it started blowing normal air again

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (141) (Reply)

Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread / How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.